9 men arrested in Cottage Grove sex s...

9 men arrested in Cottage Grove sex sting are charged

There are 56 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 24, 2010, titled 9 men arrested in Cottage Grove sex sting are charged. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Nine alleged "johns" arrested as part of a prostitution sting in August in Cottage Grove - including a West St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike

Saint Paul, MN

#52 Sep 28, 2010
Next wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting thought, I don't know too many women who like casual sex, do you?
Then you really need to get out more. Women are no different then men when it comes to sex
Next

Saint Paul, MN

#53 Sep 28, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you really need to get out more. Women are no different then men when it comes to sex
That may be when it comes to sex itself, although not for older women. But women in general are not as much risk takers as men and casual sex can be risky. 9 times out of 10 a guy will go for sex almost anytime, anywhere, anyone. 1 time out of 10 a woman will do that.
just a thought

Saint Paul, MN

#54 Sep 28, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is it always men getting arrested for seeking prostitutes?
Mike

Saint Paul, MN

#55 Sep 29, 2010
just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is it always men getting arrested for seeking prostitutes?
Because women are smarter about it. Ya don't hear them bragging about it Monday at the water cooler. We do, pretty simple
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#56 Sep 29, 2010
Seems like out and out entrapment, a fishing expedition. None of these men would have been there to engage in illegal behavior(which for the good of society shouldn't be illegal, you can't legislate morality) unless encouraged to do so by the cops. Then, when did the illegal behavior take place? If there was any, the cops are just as guilty.
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#57 Sep 29, 2010
Frankly wrote:
What are you babblin about? Admit it, Shaneequa has big beef curtains and with them chowing down on a turkey drumstick they arent so hot!
F you NEEGA!
<quoted text>
You are a racist.
JAdams

Hopkins, MN

#58 Sep 29, 2010
The Pioneer Press loves these stories. Another chance for them to destory someone's life over a baited misdemeanor.
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#59 Sep 29, 2010
just a thought wrote:
Prostitution needs to be legalized. They gave gambling to the indians, give prostitution to the blacks, just make sure and tax it this time.
Just a thought: you're a racist.
librul turd

Saint Paul, MN

#60 Sep 29, 2010
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a thought: you're a racist.
Rob the knob: you're an a s s
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#61 Sep 30, 2010
librul turd wrote:
<quoted text>
Rob the knob: you're an a s s
If being an ass is anti-racist, then I definitely am one. And I thank you for pointing it out.
Esquire

Minneapolis, MN

#62 Oct 2, 2010
Surprise, surprise. The police not only arrested the Johns, they subsequently charged them with prostitution. Isn't that how the system always works. The only reason for publishing this story again is that sex sells and the editors want to get the message out there that men shouldn't solicit prostitutes on the Internet. You can pay someone to talk dirty to you. You can pay someone to give you a deep tissue massage while nude. But you can't pay someone for sex.

Their sting didn't take one prostitute off the street. It just embarassed nine men twice in the paper. Banging prostitutes in a hotel is not a serious crime or even a dangerous one, especially when the cop is the would-be prostitute. Cops must love these assignments. I know of one case where the lady cop called the John several times to convince him to get lucky that night.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#63 Oct 3, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Because women are smarter about it. Ya don't hear them bragging about it Monday at the water cooler. We do, pretty simple
Well I think the real reason is answered in part by Next in post 53. Women are particular as to who they have sex with, men aren't. In other words, women can find plenty of men who will have sex with them without having to pay the guy for sex. So if all they're interested in is a one night stand, they'll probably have little trouble finding a guy who's interested.

They don't have to seek out a male prostitute. So that's why you don't find women getting arrested as "johns".
Next

Saint Paul, MN

#64 Oct 3, 2010
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, women can find plenty of men who will have sex with them without having to pay the guy for sex. So if all they're interested in is a one night stand, they'll probably have little trouble finding a guy who's interested.
Exactly Sarah. Case in point, I would be happy to have sex with you at no charge. But chances are high that you would say no. So, rather than go sit at a bar for hours and get drunk I might solicit a prostitute for the same amount of money with a faster result. And I do not like hitting on co-workers or neighbor women because then you will always see them again. Female friends "with benefits" is a good solution but difficult to find.
Mike

Saint Paul, MN

#65 Oct 4, 2010
Sarah D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I think the real reason is answered in part by Next in post 53. Women are particular as to who they have sex with, men aren't. In other words, women can find plenty of men who will have sex with them without having to pay the guy for sex. So if all they're interested in is a one night stand, they'll probably have little trouble finding a guy who's interested.
They don't have to seek out a male prostitute. So that's why you don't find women getting arrested as "johns".
I totally Agree with that too, that is a great point
Orlando

Osceola, WI

#66 Oct 7, 2010
Seems to me that the real story is that the cops don't have enough to do so they make their own headlines. maybe layoffs are needed.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#67 Oct 9, 2010
Orlando wrote:
Seems to me that the real story is that the cops don't have enough to do so they make their own headlines. maybe layoffs are needed.
Cops usually pull these stings after complaints from a community. The complaints usually involve community women who are NOT prostitutes but who get solicited for sex by johns coming into the community.

If your wife or daughter were walking down to the corner drugstore and frequently having men pulling up alongside them and soliciting them for sex, wouldn't you want the cops to do something about it?

Having stings and then publicizing them will at least scare the johns off from that area. Yes it's a temporary solution at best but right now it's all they have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do u shop at Bridge stop in chetek if so read Sep 10 crazim4 2
News Neighbors say Cobban Bridge replacement is necc... Jun '16 MichaelDroste 1
Review: Tender Care Transport Inc (Aug '09) Jun '16 Let it Sink 29
Ted Cruz Exposed, watch the Video. then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Cruz & Kasich Plan Huge Cuts to S.S. & Medicare (Mar '16) Mar '16 so you know 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Phil Late ist 12

Bloomer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomer Mortgages