9 men arrested in Cottage Grove sex s...

9 men arrested in Cottage Grove sex sting are charged

There are 56 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 24, 2010, titled 9 men arrested in Cottage Grove sex sting are charged. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Nine alleged "johns" arrested as part of a prostitution sting in August in Cottage Grove - including a West St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Confused

West Fargo, ND

#1 Sep 24, 2010
I just don't understand this. Why is it OK to bait and arrest? More so, why isn't prostitution legal? It's absolutely ridiculous to smear these guys names all over the paper for this. They didn't sexually assault or rape anyone. They were paying for a service. How's it different than paying for a massage, or spa treatment? If a guy and a gal hook up after a night at the bar, it's OK, right? He likely bought her drinks all night - isn't that paying for it? The only thing that makes this situation illegal (in the eyes of the gov't) is that they aren't getting their cut of the $. Why else would it be such a big deal? So legalize it, tax it, and be done with this "baiting" nonsense. Focus on "real" crime.
Been There

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Sep 25, 2010
So why is it newsworthy that he taugh at that school at one time? Who cares, what did the other men do 6 months ago? Is the PP trying to shed bad light on that school or have some parent all upset that their child was molested?
Do not understand

Stillwater, MN

#3 Sep 25, 2010
I don't understand prostitution? Why should I pay for something that is going to give her so much pleasure?
Smartass

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Sep 25, 2010
Do not understand wrote:
I don't understand prostitution? Why should I pay for something that is going to give her so much pleasure?
You must be an ugly old woman who likes other women.
safe

Spring Valley, MN

#8 Sep 25, 2010
I feel alot safer with all those danagerous people off the street for a short time. great use of tax dollars ? I am on the lookout for card games and bingo for the police to stop.
channel 5 guy

Kansas City, MO

#9 Sep 25, 2010
More wasted tax dollars, government is just looking for the fine money and no victims in sight, no complaints filed, no 911 calls, not a single reason they should be baiting people into this situation...what ever happened to entrapment????
Justa Swingin

Cottage Grove, MN

#12 Sep 25, 2010
Do not understand wrote:
Maybe you're not doing it right!
David d

Cottage Grove, WI

#14 Sep 25, 2010
can anyone say " entraptment "?
Bob

Hastings, MN

#15 Sep 25, 2010
Confused wrote:
I just don't understand this. Why is it OK to bait and arrest? More so, why isn't prostitution legal? It's absolutely ridiculous to smear these guys names all over the paper for this. They didn't sexually assault or rape anyone. They were paying for a service. How's it different than paying for a massage, or spa treatment? If a guy and a gal hook up after a night at the bar, it's OK, right? He likely bought her drinks all night - isn't that paying for it? The only thing that makes this situation illegal (in the eyes of the gov't) is that they aren't getting their cut of the $. Why else would it be such a big deal? So legalize it, tax it, and be done with this "baiting" nonsense. Focus on "real" crime.
This is my feeling as well.

I would imagine most people would rather have there local law enforcement(tax money) spent on actual crimes and not some guys trying to get there rocks off.
Observer

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Sep 25, 2010
There was no violation of negative rights here. The police should not be involved.

Call this another law enforcement fundraiser since the punishment for this "crime" is likely to be heavy fines, but not jail.

"FTP"

http://www.examiner.com/economic-policy-in-mi...
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Sep 25, 2010
I think adult prostitution should be legal provided it's in a licensed brothel where it can be taxed and medical inspection regulated.

Street prostitution should continue to be illegal because often times a john will be robbed by the prostitute and/or the prostitute is abused by a pimp and a lot of times could be a minor.

Stings should be for johns cruising to meet up with CHILDREN usually through Internet chat rooms. You'd be appalled at the type of men caught through these stings, not the expected low lifes but men who are respected in their communities.
yo-yo

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#20 Sep 25, 2010
Why are we paying government workers for this,another rip-off.Make these guys scrub toilets and earn it.B.S.
Dick L

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Sep 25, 2010
rocky wrote:
the only one who hurt anyone as most cases is the arresting officer. I have a badge I have the right to harm everyone for personal gain. it is the only sex life i have. who else would have anything to do with a sick puppy with a badge. this cop must have got turned down and wanted revenge. when you hire women and wimps as cops you only get criminals. womwen have no right being cops. they are suppose to stay home barefoot and pregnant.
Hey Rocky, did Apollo hurt you that bad?
Do not understand

Stillwater, MN

#22 Sep 25, 2010
Smartass wrote:
<quoted text>You must be an ugly old woman who likes other women.
That's not what your mother said, Tiny hahahaha
Oh me oh My

Waterloo, Canada

#24 Sep 25, 2010
As they say they got their hands caught in the cookie jar
Patriot

AOL

#25 Sep 25, 2010
Rocky/jerrypersons rants and raves are based on the sheriff towing his truck! Grow a set and get over it you sissy!

Since: Apr 10

Anytown, USA

#26 Sep 25, 2010
They were each charged with 'engaging in prostitution in a public place'. Since they went to her room, wouldn't they have an expectation of privacy? They would shut the door before 'engaging', wouldn't they? If they were in the hotel bar and agreeing to be pleasured in a booth, I could understand the 'public place' aspect, but not inside a hotel room.
Wake up jerry

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Sep 25, 2010
rocky wrote:
sounds like the whole here had a badge and did fook them all. Enticement and entrapment can never happen in a civilized society or any form of a democracy. Entrapment, extortion are all things career criminals do for personal gain and advancement. This **** will become sargent. I hope the officers are charge with prostitution also. They are more guilty than the people arrested.
Where have you been Jerry?
Bill

Atlanta, GA

#28 Sep 25, 2010
Idiots wrote:
I don't know of any good looking woodbury cops, but I heard of one that sucks a mean "richard".
The funniest thing about this whole article is that we are all now wondering who the decoy Woodbury cop is, and is she single?
Bill

Atlanta, GA

#29 Sep 25, 2010
Maybe this cop was the same gal arrested recently for her dungeons and dragons and other torture paraphanalia used to beat people.....Wait, no, that would be a Minneapolis police officer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bloomer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neighbors say Cobban Bridge replacement is necc... Jun '16 MichaelDroste 1
Review: Tender Care Transport Inc (Aug '09) Jun '16 Let it Sink 29
Ted Cruz Exposed, watch the Video. then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Cruz & Kasich Plan Huge Cuts to S.S. & Medicare Mar '16 so you know 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Barron County Courthouse News--Dec. 6 (Jan '08) Dec '15 Justine Riley 24
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Phil Late ist 12

Bloomer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bloomer Mortgages