Bloomer School Board rejects Marine uniform for graduation

Full story: Chicago Tribune

A new Marine who's graduating from Bloomer High School this month won't be able to wear his military uniform during the commencement ceremony.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated May 16, 2008
Jerry L Price

Demopolis, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

I think this action is APALLING!! This man not only earned a deploma from your school but he has taken the steps to allow hemself to be used by his Country to fight and die for your right to refuese a simple request to waire a uniform that he has earned. SHAME on ALL of YOU that are so shallow and narriow mined to refuese hem the request to honor you by honoring our country. SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!!! If this is going to someone that didn't have anything to do with the decision my apoligies and request that you see that my feelings and thoughts are passed own to the simple minded people that made this decision.
OkiMarine
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

he has not even graduated boot camp yet...he still might not make it. He needs to not make a big deal about it either. He is still a boot. Still a Private. He should just wear the cap and gown. Marines dont show off. We dont try to look fancy, except in our Dress Blues and if he was to wear those he would be wrong. Just wear the cap and gown devil dog and get over it. You will have plenty of chances to wear your uniform on RA and when you finally do get to the fleet.
Proud Marine Mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

There is not ONE place in this country that a military uniform should not be welcomed and honored. Period!
Why would he be wrong for wearing his blues Oki? According to the uniform regulations blues may be worn on formal or semi formal events to lend honor to the occasion.
Nick

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

You know why? because our education institutions are extremly liberal and liberals HATE the military. The institutions are being ran today by Vietnam's draft dodgers and Weatherman sympathizers. This is there pathetic way of giving the military and anyone that supports the military/war or freedom the finger.

It's truely an agenda by these "new left" psychos to brainwash these kids by the time they graduate with liberal political ideologies and this is one of them.
Wayne Crewe

Annapolis, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

To the Administration of Bloomer High School, Shame ,
Shame on you , This fine young man is putting his life in
on the line for you and you won't allow him to walk for his
graduation presentation in his uniform this should be
honored and required.
GOD BLESS HIM AND HIS FELLOW MARINES
OOH RAH !!!!!!!!!!
David

Morgantown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

I think he should wear the dress blues under his cap n gown, and when he walks onstage to accept his diploma, he should take his diploma, set it to the side, rip off the cap n gown, and snap a perfect salute, and then give a huge Marine Corp battle cry, "Semper Fi, Do or Die" OoooRaah..!! and walk off the stage...

I would bet a months salary, that he would get a standing ovation...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bloomer Discussions

Search the Bloomer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 16 hr Jaimie 6,989
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 21 selfridge 451
Debate: Marijuana - Chippewa Falls, WI (Sep '10) Jul 19 Non Marijuana User 32
Walker caught by his own email. Jun 26 WTW 2
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
Is Ron Johnson for real? He is above the law. Jun '14 Misanthropic Humanitarian 2
Girl shaves head for pal, breaks school dress code May '14 Jaimie 9
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bloomer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bloomer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE