First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Harlan Cumberland

London, KY

#1 Sep 4, 2012
Just wait its coming and you guys don't even see it. Its going to sneak right up on you guys when you least expect it. You been warned!!!!!!!!!!
Im sorry

Hyden, KY

#2 Sep 4, 2012
But are you one of those lowlifes that are against coal. and you are on here treatning lifes...?
truth

Harlan, KY

#3 Sep 5, 2012
lonemountain already laid off about 600 didnt they whats more to come
Really

London, KY

#4 Sep 5, 2012
Well I hope you are wrong if not I will see you at the food stamp line!!!
arch miner

Macon, GA

#5 Sep 7, 2012
lone mountain didntlay off 600 men all of arch mines allover the US wuz in on 600 lone mountain just lost 40
BULL

Harlan, KY

#6 Sep 8, 2012
my cousin was laid off and he said they shut down a whole mine and i know they did shut down darby and it held a whole hell of alot more than 40 people i guess that is why there is 2100 people coal miners looking for jobs right now but only 40 is from lone mountain coal is done dick stop talking like lone mountain is some super power gonna make it
hello

Hyden, KY

#7 Sep 8, 2012
BULL wrote:
my cousin was laid off and he said they shut down a whole mine and i know they did shut down darby and it held a whole hell of alot more than 40 people i guess that is why there is 2100 people coal miners looking for jobs right now but only 40 is from lone mountain coal is done dick stop talking like lone mountain is some super power gonna make it
Coal can't just end. All these other forms of electricity have to be in place and that will not occur for many many years down the road. Two powerhouse electric companies in Florida already said if they were not able to purchase more coal they were going to have to shut down. The coal companies may go broke and have to close but the goverment would have to open them back up, so you would end up having to work for the goverment. Which is probaly what Obama wants.
Huh

London, KY

#8 Sep 8, 2012
BULL wrote:
my cousin was laid off and he said they shut down a whole mine and i know they did shut down darby and it held a whole hell of alot more than 40 people i guess that is why there is 2100 people coal miners looking for jobs right now but only 40 is from lone mountain coal is done dick stop talking like lone mountain is some super power gonna make it
Darby did'nt shut down, both Darbys are still running. Darby and Darby 1 your info is wrong.
BULL

Harlan, KY

#9 Sep 9, 2012
they idled one of them arnold hammons said they did he is the damn president of lone mt im sure he knows
how much ppl knows

Corbin, KY

#10 Sep 9, 2012
i have family that works at darby 1, Huff Creek and darby fork and their all still working there is talk of idling darby 1 but nothing has happened yet so instead of getting on here trying to spread rumors why dont you just sit back and see what happens .....ive never seen a bunch of ppl who would rather ppl draw a check from the goverment and sit on their butts rather than work hard for it shows how stupid ppl are in this county......
Darby

London, KY

#11 Sep 9, 2012
BULL wrote:
they idled one of them arnold hammons said they did he is the damn president of lone mt im sure he knows
I would know I work there lol.
guesto mundo

London, KY

#12 Sep 9, 2012
Darby wrote:
<quoted text>I would know I work there lol.
not for long...biatch!
darby 1 wife

Harlan, KY

#13 Sep 9, 2012
Darby wrote:
<quoted text>I would know I work there lol.
Darby 1 still going.....the paycheck say so :)
Lmp wife

United States

#14 Sep 9, 2012
BULL wrote:
they idled one of them arnold hammons said they did he is the damn president of lone mt im sure he knows
. Arnold hammons president of LMP???? Lol no. I am sure Arnold would know what's going on but I don't thinks his president. My hubby was one of the 40 laided off back in June but I still have family at 2 of the 4 mines And they are still working every day. I know for a fact that clover is doing better, some of he guys has to work on a Sunday about 2 weeks ago..... So until you get the paper like my husband got hat reads. " congratulations you have been chosen for the severance pay program you need to keep your trap closed! Family's don't need to read all this crap.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#15 Sep 10, 2012
Lone Mnt. got rid of the ones who wouldn't work, were on drugs, didn't want to work, hardly ever worked, and were lazy. I know a bunch of the ones that were layed off and that's what they were. I also know a bunch that are still working there and they are the ones who work everyday, pull their own weight, and waork hard.
Lmp wife

Harlan, KY

#16 Sep 10, 2012
CameronFromHarlan101010 wrote:
Lone Mnt. got rid of the ones who wouldn't work, were on drugs, didn't want to work, hardly ever worked, and were lazy. I know a bunch of the ones that were layed off and that's what they were. I also know a bunch that are still working there and they are the ones who work everyday, pull their own weight, and waork hard.
LOL you don't know what you are talking about. My hubby is NOT ON DRUGS, worked every day EVEN ON SATURDAYS , was not lazy! He put in 12 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week. He would work 1st and turn around and do 2nd. You don't know what you are talking about. He knew how to run everything in that mines and would do it no questions asked. They used a computer to randomly pick the ones laid off. This was told by some of the higher up people. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!
Foreman

London, KY

#17 Sep 10, 2012
Ok people im tired of all the crying, blaming others and pointing fingers. Lone Mountain laid off the last people that was hired. It simply had nothing to do with lazyness, or drug addicts etc. They are a fair company and they did it the right way. In this next layoff it will be the ones that were moved to other locations. Because they are the next to the last that were hired. Now you know the truth so stop accusing these men of all that garbage.
darby 1 wife

Harlan, KY

#18 Sep 10, 2012
Foreman wrote:
Ok people im tired of all the crying, blaming others and pointing fingers. Lone Mountain laid off the last people that was hired. It simply had nothing to do with lazyness, or drug addicts etc. They are a fair company and they did it the right way. In this next layoff it will be the ones that were moved to other locations. Because they are the next to the last that were hired. Now you know the truth so stop accusing these men of all that garbage.
O this isn't even true....why would changing locations make a difference Stop telling stuff on here
agree

Prestonsburg, KY

#19 Sep 10, 2012
darby 1 wife wrote:
<quoted text>O this isn't even true....why would changing locations make a difference Stop telling stuff on here
He said " because they were the next to last that we're hired." One of my best friends works there and said the same thing. The newer ones are the first to go.
Darby Wife

London, KY

#20 Sep 10, 2012
Ok...MY husband works at Darby Fork, He isnt one to talk much about anything that goes on, due to the fact he doesnt want us to worry, BUT...The last lay off was done strictly RANDOM from a computer in Saint Louis. Thurman Halcomb recieved the names and passed them on to superintendants at Each and EVERY mine. They didnt just 'WEED' out the lazy ones, or newely hired...There was Men that had worked SEVERAL years, atleast three to my knowledge that recieved a Layoff Letter...Lone Mountain are working all three shifts, 5 days aweek and Crew work on Saturdays. For all you nay-sayers, Please do something Constructive with your time!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bledsoe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min ChromiuMan 168,973
James Hensley is an idiot 3 hr Popsicle 6
cherly robbison ( bones) 11 hr marty 3
Vanessa Roberts 18 hr Donnie 1
Girl at mcdonalds Thu BobOnIt 14
who is the hottest girl lorie reynolds has been... (Nov '10) Thu Curious 56
harh.....screwing around Thu Guest 2

Bledsoe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bledsoe Mortgages