Woman Accused of Faking Illness for D...

Woman Accused of Faking Illness for Donations

There are 117 comments on the WFMZ story from Apr 22, 2009, titled Woman Accused of Faking Illness for Donations. In it, WFMZ reports that:

Detectives with the Berks County District Attorney's office arrested a Blandon woman today on charges of faking a rare illness so that people would donate money to her for the medical care she said she needed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mike

Gilbertsville, PA

#1 Apr 22, 2009
Throw the book at her!!!!
HAHAH

Clementon, NJ

#3 Apr 22, 2009
I knew she would get caught
Tango

AOL

#4 Apr 22, 2009
classic
lol
kelley

Blue Bell, PA

#5 Apr 22, 2009
LOSER!
Disgusted

AOL

#7 Apr 22, 2009
I cannot believe that even you Jenna would pull something this horrific. Guess you never changed since high school. I hope you go to jail, and to think that I felt sorry for you and your children.
Mertztown

Boyertown, PA

#8 Apr 22, 2009
It's infuriates me to think this woman can collect such a large amount of money and no one checks into it. The Reading Eagle even ran a story - I find it amazing that no one from the paper validated her story first.

My daughter has a terminal disease and and we work so hard to collect money for the foundation we volunteer for. I can't imagine how far the $12,000 would have gone for research and development of drugs.

Did she even lie to her close family and friends??
Heather

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Apr 22, 2009
Here are me and my Realy for Life Team having fundraisers and raise money for our team event.
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLif...

Times are tough, donations are not that great and we have not reached our goal. And look what this woman does and raises more money that us who put alot of hard work into the money we raised! This just makes me very sad! Her punishment should be to fundraise and aquire donations for the cancer survivors, fighters and ones we hold in our memories...
Fat Pig

Clementon, NJ

#11 Apr 22, 2009
She Lied to everyone she even tried to get her friends to help her with money!!!
I hope she rots in a cell! Her poor kids!

Max Pain

“Why so SERIOUS? ”

Since: Jan 09

It's hard core up in da woods

#12 Apr 22, 2009
What a scum bag! A fat cancer patient? I here they have great weight lose programs in jail. So, she has that going for her....which is nice.
Reading PA

United States

#13 Apr 22, 2009
How disgusting is this story. How many people really do have cancer and are struggling because of the high cost and what insurance will not cover. SICK and TWISTED. Leave her in jail.
Not Suprised

Birdsboro, PA

#14 Apr 22, 2009
I knew from the day she started this it was fake. I mean come on, if you have such a disease and your have fund raiser's at bars?? Hmm if your sooooo sick, why are you out partying? lol. What a joke. And to all her friends, you should have known better. I feel for her kids!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#15 Apr 22, 2009
She'll be out and get a slap on the wrist for this one. I hate to say this, but the irony of this would be if she really does get cancer some day.

Honesty - 1

Cry Wolf - 0
What a Joke

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Apr 22, 2009
Just goes to show the Reading Eagle is not up to snuff when it comes to collecting appropriate information and vetting stories.

I see this trend with them more and more lately, including stories where they have run complete and utter heresay as complete fact without validating first.

I thought a while back about getting a Sunday paper subscription from them, but after this they won't see a dime of my money.

Since: Oct 08

United States

#18 Apr 22, 2009
What makes this story any different than the people who abuse welfare?? This woman took our hard earned money and bought useless crap, same as some who abuse welfare. They say "I need money to feed my gaggle of kids" and then turn around and say "look at my nails I got done today". Rot in H*** B****!

Location hidden

#19 Apr 22, 2009
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
And you need to learn to use contractions. It's "you're", the contraction of "you" and "are", not the possessive "your". Sorry, but it needed to be said.
Woop woop! Forum police! Run for "you're" life!

Location hidden

#20 Apr 22, 2009
What a Joke wrote:
Just goes to show the Reading Eagle is not up to snuff when it comes to collecting appropriate information and vetting stories.
I see this trend with them more and more lately, including stories where they have run complete and utter heresay as complete fact without validating first.
I thought a while back about getting a Sunday paper subscription from them, but after this they won't see a dime of my money.
How does the paper have anything to do with her lying about the whole thing?
not surprised at all

United States

#21 Apr 22, 2009
mommy posted her bail by putting up her house....stupid liar is out of jail...for now

Max Pain

“Why so SERIOUS? ”

Since: Jan 09

It's hard core up in da woods

#22 Apr 22, 2009
What a Joke wrote:
It's the papers fault that this lady is a dirt bag. Should the paper have hired a doctor to examine her before reporting the story. Save your money...I am not sure you will get much out of reading anyway.
Former Friend

Eatontown, NJ

#23 Apr 22, 2009
This girl deserves everything she gets & more. She has lied and manipulated so many people in her lifetime, it's about time she got caught & is forced to face the consequences of being a conniving bxtch. Jenna, you will get what you deserve. And I feel sorry for your two children, and poor little baby Nathan. You are an absolute disgrace to mankind and I hope you rot in a jail cell. Your mommy might've saved you for now, but it'll all come full circle soon enough.
two stories in one

Northampton, PA

#25 Apr 22, 2009
Carbide wrote:
<quoted text>
How does the paper have anything to do with her lying about the whole thing?
I see their point. It may not be about the scumbag loser herself, but there's a good point to be made about the irresponsible reporting of the original story in the Reading Eagle nonetheless.*quote* "Detectives say it began last May when a newspaper reporter publicized Jenna Essligner's physical and financial struggles in the Reading Eagle". Based on what ? Her word ? That worked out well. I think the fact that this story was printed without knowing the real facts is appalling. Look how it snowballed. Bad enough the good hearted people were scammed out of their money, bow it's costing the taxpayers money to prosecute her. Poor journalism !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blandon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GE Erie slowly closing 6 min You are amazing 49
Big announcement ge April 20th 8 min Cut the cord 133
Who was the black guy who spoke at the council ... 9 min Just saying 10
Generous Electric Erie, generous no more 10 min Face reality 6
Flippi owes 23,000 dollars in school taxes. 14 min CounterPoint 17
Sonya Got A Haircut!!! 34 min Addicted 2 Suppos... 5
City Council Circus 53 min Sonya 18

Blandon Jobs

Personal Finance

Blandon Mortgages