Several hurt in storm

Wednesday's fast-moving snowstorm forced numerous cars off Berkshire roads and contributed to several driving-related injuries. Full Story
colly

Glens Falls, NY

#1 Jan 1, 2009
A lady was hit by a van because she lost her footing, and the officer wants info from the public? The pedestrian has the right of way, that's 101 in any traffic decision with injury.
Easy to See

Adams, MA

#2 Jan 1, 2009
Perhaps she was near the van waiting and then slipped as he was passing...that is what it sounds like...........a true accident

Since: May 08

Plainfield, MA

#3 Jan 1, 2009
The storm did not force the cars off the road!
The idiots that do not know how to drive in a storm drove their cars off the road!
amandavives

Glens Falls, NY

#4 Jan 1, 2009
Easy to See wrote:
Perhaps she was near the van waiting and then slipped as he was passing...that is what it sounds like..........a true accident
I don't think sounds like' is admissable in court.
amandavives

Glens Falls, NY

#5 Jan 1, 2009
M y point is the officer needs help determining what really happened, ya think maybe he's watching out for the hospital, as in tax roll king for the city and jobs, they do not need a lawsuit.
facteleer

Osage Beach, MO

#6 Jan 1, 2009
The pedestrian has the right of way only in a crosswalk.
Pittsfield Resident

South Glens Falls, NY

#7 Jan 1, 2009
facteleer wrote:
Correct!!! I can't tell you how many times people just walk right across the street in front of on coming traffic because they think they have the "right of way." There is a reason there are sidewalks and also lights telling you when to walk. You do not have the right away in a traffic intersection when cars have a green light. It also amazes me how many cars come to a screeching hault thinking they are being nice by letting somebody cross the street and meanwhile they almost get rear ended becasue the person in front of them doesn't think they are stoppping.

Since: May 08

Chester, MA

#8 Jan 1, 2009
facteleer wrote:
I think you will find that under most circumstances,if you hit a pedestrian anywhere you may be charged with a violation!
Sad but true,I know there have been times where I would have run right over a few "pedestrians" if I didn't think I would be charged with a crime,or do significant damage to my vehicle!
SEMPER FI
hmmmm

Turners Falls, MA

#9 Jan 1, 2009
facteleer wrote:
my daughter was hit crossing the street in frt of my house, it was just and accident, but the funny thing is (not really so funny but..) the cop cleared the scene, said it was an accident with no "PI" my daughters body smashed the windshield of the car and flew up and over the top of the car, broker her leg and her arm...no PI?
uhoh

United States

#10 Jan 1, 2009
facteleer wrote:
Even then, they still have to wait for the "walk" signal if there is one.
lucky one

AOL

#11 Jan 1, 2009
It's the Berkshires, and when they say snow is coming why can't people get what they need before the snow storm hits instead of being out in it. It amazes me how many will shop,while a storm is hitting us. And they complain about other drivers. One little skid, is all it takes. What does it take to have things on hand, in storage, like tuna fish, or soups, bread thats frozen..common sense items.
Understandable, some do have to out,but to come out just for a package of cookies...come on!!!
Michelles Guy

Glens Falls, NY

#12 Jan 2, 2009
I thought this was at the Hospital, not the Streets. oF COURSE PEOPLE WALK CRAZY IN THE STREETS, THEY'LL push the walk button, hold up traffic, and cross before the light says to, thus leaving motorist stranded at the mercy of a crosswalk light while the pedestrian has already crossed. This particular accident happened in a busy parking lot, readthe thread right next time, next time.
Seriously

Albany, NY

#13 Jan 2, 2009
AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! !!!! Finally, somebody with a brain!
Pittsfield Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct!!! I can't tell you how many times people just walk right across the street in front of on coming traffic because they think they have the "right of way." There is a reason there are sidewalks and also lights telling you when to walk. You do not have the right away in a traffic intersection when cars have a green light. It also amazes me how many cars come to a screeching hault thinking they are being nice by letting somebody cross the street and meanwhile they almost get rear ended becasue the person in front of them doesn't think they are stoppping.
somewhat sane

Boston, MA

#14 Jan 2, 2009
When a pedestrian crosses the street without the benefit of a crosswalk, it's called Jaywalking and is a misdemeanor. Although most drivers can still be cited for failure to maintain control of their vehicle, it does not exempt the pedestrian from fault.
aVET

Glens Falls, NY

#15 Jan 2, 2009
lighten up! these people don't have cars, there pised at the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blandford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pittsfield Pest spray put on hold (Jul '10) Jan '15 call me a cynic 33
No trace of third Lewis Lent victim in Greenwat... (Jul '13) Dec '14 whistleblower 10
Couple in Lee prostitution case due back in court (Jun '14) Jun '14 Praxis33 4
Review: Enlightening 'Cuba' lacks enough emotio... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Don Doo Be Doo Do... 3
David D. Keough (Feb '10) Feb '14 debra silveira 2
Driver in Cummington fatal identified as Pittsf... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 1
Mass. teen accused of sexual assault to appear ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 the city I hate 5
Blandford Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blandford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:02 pm PST