crime in area
from kentucky

Somerset, KY

#1 Aug 21, 2010
we are moving to bastian area. could anyone tell me how the crime is? and the schools are? my kids are in 1st 3rd and 4th, i was told they would go to rocky gap, but they have no sports. my boys are very talented football players andthey want to play, so how are the school and county sports done there?
probowlmurdermas ter

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Sep 13, 2010
crime is pretty bad, and the cops do nothing about it. MEth is cooked al around bland and bastian. Rocky Gap is a podunk school, and you can expect your children to waste a lot of potential if they go there.

Oh, and the football teams start in8th grade. if they make it that far.
blandmama

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Sep 13, 2010
Just as EVERY town in the world, there are drugs around the county. That doesn't mean this is a bad place to live. I moved in from a neighboring town 16 yrs ago and fell in love with this place. The people are friendly and will do whatever it takes to help you out. That goes for Bland, Bastian, and Rocky Gap! As soon as you enter the county limits, almost every car you pass, the driver will wave.

Our sports are combined between the two schools. There are not enough in one or the other to have seperate teams. Little league football begins in the 3rd grade and goes through 7th grade. The parents are in charge of taking care of the little league teams.

Along with football, we offer basketball, cheerleading, softball, and soccer for the little leaguers. All in all, we like to get involved with the kids as much as possible.

Don't let the others discourage you! Bland County is a great place to live. My biggest complaint would be the taxes!

Welcome to our county!
PoodleFur

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Sep 25, 2010
...just because the people smile and wave doesn't mean they don't cook meth in their basements. MAybe they're just friendly meth heads. Still likely to kill you and your entire family for $12 and a box of pseudo-ephedrine.
blandmama

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Oct 1, 2010
yes it happens here, but it happens everywhere!!!! that doesn't mean everyone does it! after all, we haven't made national news with our drug problems like Taz has. now that really says a lot!

regardless of what the clueless ones may think and say, bland is a great place. we have beautiful country, good hunting, respectable kids and teachers, etc. usually when trouble happens, it's because of the clueless new comers that think they can get away with the crap they bring in to the community.(and it's Not all the new comer!!)
horse man

United States

#6 Feb 21, 2011
PoodleFur wrote:
...just because the people smile and wave doesn't mean they don't cook meth in their basements. MAybe they're just friendly meth heads. Still likely to kill you and your entire family for $12 and a box of pseudo-ephedrine.
We have wonderful pepole here in bland co. and there are lots of great senic stuff to do the schools are okay...and to it seems like you must be a meth head you no what to make it ou of...we do have a drug problem here but we also have good lawman here..and if you are so worried about getting killed report them drug dearlers for selling and making instead of just talking about it do something about it
its just me

Charlottesville, VA

#7 May 23, 2012
i love bland co. lived here for the 32 years of my life... the only prob this county has is the nosey backstabbing folkes in it, but on the other hand the best freindliest people ever live here! i love bland co, fuck anyone who doesnt, tell me another co. that does not have one red light?
Donna

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jun 4, 2012
Looks like Bland Countians can not talk without using vulgarity. If "the best friendliest people ever" can not converse without using Fu@@ the schools must not teach good grammer skills. lol
its just me wrote:
i love bland co. lived here for the 32 years of my life... the only prob this county has is the nosey backstabbing folkes in it, but on the other hand the best freindliest people ever live here! i love bland co, fuck anyone who doesnt, tell me another co. that does not have one red light?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wright's Auto May 25 lynn 2
rachel mullins Apr '15 mike 1
Wallace Thrasher (Aug '10) Apr '15 Just Asking 220
Bland Co. man marrying his cousins ex-wife! (Aug '12) Mar '15 dumbass radar 46
anita loving? (Jun '11) Mar '15 Loving-Anita-Lovin 6
Meagan Winfrey (Jul '14) Mar '15 LM_FAO 2
natalie fanning (Jul '14) Mar '15 Duh 5
More from around the web

Bland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE