Wallace Thrasher
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
fry

Lewisburg, WV

#1 Aug 1, 2010
The mystery surrounding Wallace Thrasher still remains to this day. Does anybody know where he used to live in Bland County? Is the house still there?
cougar

Little Rock, AR

#2 Aug 12, 2010
Yes, the house is still there. Made a couple trips out there to see it back when all the publicity and the tv shows about Thrasher were on tv. Have some pictures as well. Can't remember the road name. I want to say Little Creek road since the creek runs right by the house, but can't say for sure. Wondering what your connection or familiarity to the case is? I grew up in PC, which is where thrasher was from, so.......
cougar

Little Rock, AR

#3 Aug 12, 2010
anybody have any interesting info about Thrasher? Stories, etc... theories.....?
fry

Princeton, WV

#4 Aug 12, 2010
I live in Giles County which, as you know, neighbors Bland County lol. I remember seeing it on Unsolved Mysteries several years ago and every now and then, I find myself reading about him online. It's interesting to say the least. Do you have the pics on your computer that you could email, by chance?
Moe

Little Rock, AR

#5 Aug 12, 2010
America's Most Wanted did a feature on Thrasher in February of this year. Had Olga and his son on there talking. Supposedly someone spotted him in 2000 in Belize. They probably have several leads if they're still running tv shows 26 years after his disappearance. A couple years ago WSLS aired a feature on him and the lawmen were speaking of how they're still tracking him. They even said they think he flies into the NRV unannounced and visits relatives. I hope they never find him. I actually only have hard copies of the pics and I don't have a scanner yet. Somehow this site listed me as being from NY? Not sure about that. ALso, if you go to Google Newspapers there are tons of articles in there from years back.
fry

Princeton, WV

#6 Aug 12, 2010
I hate I missed the AMW episode of that. I didn't even think Olga was still around. She's probably not local anymore though, is she? What about his son?
Moe

Little Rock, AR

#7 Aug 13, 2010
I think I may have the video link or where you can find it. What is your email address? Olga moved to Georgia after orchestrating part of the biggest drug bust ever in the United States. His son just spoke on their a couple minutes. i think he's a cop now. Pretty interesting case all around
fry

Princeton, WV

#8 Aug 13, 2010
That would be great. tk943@@@@@@hotmail.com. Wow. He's a cop now? That's ironic ha ha. That's good though that the things Wallace was a part of didn't affect his son later in life, employment-wise.
meee

Bedford, VA

#9 Aug 15, 2010
The road is Little Creek Road.
cougar wrote:
Yes, the house is still there. Made a couple trips out there to see it back when all the publicity and the tv shows about Thrasher were on tv. Have some pictures as well. Can't remember the road name. I want to say Little Creek road since the creek runs right by the house, but can't say for sure. Wondering what your connection or familiarity to the case is? I grew up in PC, which is where thrasher was from, so.......
Moe

Little Rock, AR

#10 Aug 16, 2010
Google Maps- 7368 State Route 601
Montana Thrasher

Commerce, GA

#11 Aug 16, 2010
I am Wallace's son, and waht I can tell you is that the US Marshalls are full of crap, of course they wouldn't let me say that on Tv, They have no solid leads, and are not out there looking like they claim. My dad would have to walk into there office in Virginia for them to catch him. I still believe my dad was double crossed by his associates in Belize. Anyway my Dad was a good guy, and a great Dad, inspite of his criminal activities.
fry

Princeton, WV

#12 Aug 16, 2010
Well, my opinion is that is has been over 20 years ago, so what's the point now? There are more important things going on currently than to be worrying about Thrasher. Let the man be and focus on people doing shit NOW. Montana, I'm glad to see you in LE. Do you or your mother ever come back to Bland County? Did you go to school in Bland?
Moe

Little Rock, AR

#13 Aug 16, 2010
Montana- thanks for the post. Wish you and your family the best. I wouldn't argue with you about the law being full of it... We're about the same age and I've had friends parents who said your dad was a great guy. I'm from Pulaski. I follow what you're saying about the double cross, but always hoped that wasn't the case and that he was alive. I think I read that King and the other guy piloting the plane that crashed had actually stiffed the people for the load of dope they had on board and that the money that should have been used to buy it was on board during the flight. Anyway, best to you and the utmost respect for your family.
Montana Thrasher

Homer, GA

#14 Aug 20, 2010
Im usually up in Bland a couple times a year visiting my Dad's friends,and family. I didn't attend much schooling up there, just kindergarten in Wytheville, if I remember correctly. I Moved to Georgia in 85. My mom has only been in that area a few times since all that happened. And Moe, your right on track with your analysis of what happened with the double crossing.
Moe

Little Rock, AR

#15 Aug 21, 2010
yeah, the other half is that King refused to testify about his knowledge of what happened to your father for fear that it would hurt his parole on his conviction. They even offered him immunity for any new charges that his testimony might bring. So, sounds like King knew something. But, I always wonder why they spend the time and money on the tv shows, etc if they don't have a genuine lead. Maybe they're not out there beating the paths, but thru public help, maybe they have something suggesting he is legitimately alive. I guess you've had quite a bit of the media contacting you for stories, etc over the years, huh?
ex-blandian

Raleigh, NC

#16 Sep 11, 2010
My friend Nikki lives in the Thrasher house. It's located on Little Creek Road. It's a BEAUTIFUL log house, her dad has added onto it a lot. It's got a bridge and stuff that goes over big walker creek. it's really cool.
Mona

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jan 21, 2011
He was a drug dealer!
SOB

Wytheville, VA

#18 Jan 26, 2011
The SOB needs to be in prison.
Jim

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Mar 1, 2011
He sells realestate in Miami Fla.
Lou

Louisville, KY

#20 Mar 7, 2011
Jim what would make you say that and how do you figure it is truly him? There is a twin out there of everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesse Rudder Thu Hello 6
Coach Bright - Katie Tate ?? Wed sicko 14
Which deputys Apr '16 Chet 1245 4
Dr. Taylor in Wytheville Apr '16 Chet 1245 4
dakoda Apr '16 bisxl 3
seth Mar '16 sissy 1
Wright's Auto (May '15) Mar '16 josh 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bland Mortgages