Bribery allegations shake Central Con...

Bribery allegations shake Central Consolidated School District

Posted in the Blanco Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1 Mar 24, 2013
http://www.daily-times.com/farmington-news/ci...

This should be interesting, the last time this happened the PED basically ruled that Randy Mannings Kirtland shouldn't have a school district, the underlying reason besides the obvious prejudice and racism.

Likely this investigation if it continues we will see where he corruption is and where it started, in Kirtland.
here we go again

Fort Collins, CO

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Subutai wrote:
http://www.daily-times.com/far mington-news/ci_22857671/bribe ry-allegations-shake-central-c onsolidated-school-district
This should be interesting, the last time this happened the PED basically ruled that Randy Mannings Kirtland shouldn't have a school district, the underlying reason besides the obvious prejudice and racism.
Likely this investigation if it continues we will see where he corruption is and where it started, in Kirtland.
This time investigation will be run by AG not the PED. I don't think anybody familiar with present situation at Central will be surprised if all these allegations turn out to be true.

Location hidden

#3 Mar 24, 2013
here we go again wrote:
<quoted text>
This time investigation will be run by AG not the PED. I don't think anybody familiar with present situation at Central will be surprised if all these allegations turn out to be true.
AG already passed on Randy's claims at least two times.

If there is an investigation, you can bet the past decade of CCSD will be looked into. Randy and his friends in kirtland would have much more to loose in that case than the people he is accusing right now. Anyone who did anything wrong on both sides could be in a lot of trouble.
here we go again

Fort Collins, CO

#4 Mar 24, 2013
Subutai wrote:
<quoted text>
AG already passed on Randy's claims at least two times.
If there is an investigation, you can bet the past decade of CCSD will be looked into. Randy and his friends in kirtland would have much more to loose in that case than the people he is accusing right now. Anyone who did anything wrong on both sides could be in a lot of trouble.
If even one of these allegations has any merit the AG may get curious this time and decide to run the investigation. That will be interesting to watch.

Location hidden

#5 Mar 24, 2013
Interesting yes. For both sides.
QueenRandy

Chinle, AZ

#6 Mar 24, 2013
Randy Manning is nothing more than a glorified hairdresser and beauty school drop out. His latest stunt shows that he's a big time gossip queen and has PMS issues. Take some Midol Mandy Randy
Everyone is Afraid

United States

#7 Mar 25, 2013
next look into the city of farmington
Adglanni Tso

Lynchburg, VA

#8 Mar 25, 2013
Didn't think any NM community could get lower than Sunland Park. LOL
Alice

Delta, CO

#9 Mar 25, 2013
Allegations by Manning last time around were virtually impossible to prove and less serious than what is now being alleged. Which is why it didn't go anywhere last time. Is Manning biased? Yes. Does that make his complaint bogus? No. I observed wheeling and dealing from every administration at CCSD starting with Bessett. Lots of questionable ethics, and on occasion deals that should have been against the law if they technically weren't.
I don't know why CCSD is so dysfunctional. I've seen other districts be so, but CCSD seems to have their own brand of crazy that is so far over the top, I wonder why the state hasn't just shut them down and taken the district over. In the end it is the communities that suffer, and there are three distinctly different ones in the district which is a problem in itself. I'm sorry for the kids and their families, and for the employees who have to do their jobs under intimidation and threats. This is why the revolving door of CCSD is always spinning.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 25, 2013
Alice wrote:
I don't know why CCSD is so dysfunctional. I've seen other districts be so, but CCSD seems to have their own brand of crazy that is so far over the top
You are right, calling the place crazy. Here are the three reasons and not in any particular order:
-Reservation politics
-New Mexico political morals
-backwater haven for lazy teachers and a union that supports them.
-A Kirtland Community following immoral leadership.

Randy and the Kirtland Old Boys Club has been involved in the exact same stuff up past their necks. They are just mad because he can't do it anymore.

I think an investigation would be great. Let the AG do a forensic audit of the past decade as well. Check out every hire, every construction contract including the subcontractors used. I think Kirtland will be surprised where it leads.
here we go again

Fort Collins, CO

#11 Mar 25, 2013
Subutai wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, calling the place crazy. Here are the three reasons and not in any particular order:
-Reservation politics
-New Mexico political morals
-backwater haven for lazy teachers and a union that supports them.
-A Kirtland Community following immoral leadership.
Randy and the Kirtland Old Boys Club has been involved in the exact same stuff up past their necks. They are just mad because he can't do it anymore.
I think an investigation would be great. Let the AG do a forensic audit of the past decade as well. Check out every hire, every construction contract including the subcontractors used. I think Kirtland will be surprised where it leads.
Mr. Preminger, this is a very interesting analysis. Especially the part about lazy teachers and the bad union. You are obviously not a teacher and do not care about teachers' do process rights, which is what the union protects. There is a reason that this district has a highest union membership in the area, and the present administration is the best union recruiter ever. If they keep up with the abuse of employees as they do, the union membership will keep growing.

Location hidden

#12 Mar 25, 2013
I'm not premminger. He has his own soap box to stand at.

I'm a parent.

Unfortunately in my experience in the area show that when outsiders come in they usually either are highly idealistic when they come and work hard. Or they are those who could not work in other areas. Over time these lazy ones wear out the young idealists. Navajo's in the area do the exact same thing at the schools, tribal offices, and hospitals.

I see the union as the protectors of the lazy, and the status quo, of failure. I'm sure Byron would agree with me on that.
Adglaani Tso

Monroe, VA

#14 Mar 25, 2013
Subutai wrote:
I'm not premminger. He has his own soap box to stand at.
I'm a parent.
Unfortunately in my experience in the area show that when outsiders come in they usually either are highly idealistic when they come and work hard. Or they are those who could not work in other areas. Over time these lazy ones wear out the young idealists. Navajo's in the area do the exact same thing at the schools, tribal offices, and hospitals.
I see the union as the protectors of the lazy, and the status quo, of failure. I'm sure Byron would agree with me on that.
Followed your postings for awhile and generally agree with you. But, not in this case: The unions (of any trade) have one, and only one, priority and that is to protect their members WITHIN THE CODES OF CONDUCT OF SAID TRADE. If they (unions) are indeed fostering or at least sustaining laziness, status quo, or failure then I submit there is a failure of someone (those in district leadership and parents) to establish the codes of conduct to which both sides (unions and district) must agree to before executing a contract.

As an example, I was once a division manager for an electric utility that had a agreement with an electric worker union. We had a written agreement to which we both agreed to. The union would vigriously defend the worker IF the company violated the written agreement but would not (really!) if the grievance could not be traced to the written document.

Michellee Rhee, the controversial Chancellor of Washington DC schools, from 2007 to 2010 put it best, IMHO:

The unions do the job they are hired to and I don't have a real problem with that.

The core of the problem are meddlesome school boards and weak-willed leadership such as principals, superintendents who sustain the status quo of low achievement, etc.

The answer lies with holding leadership accountable (fire them for poor performance), exceptional teachers (reward them), and, most importantly of all: Hold the parents accountable for the performance of the school systems.

How so very true. Don't you think?

Location hidden

#15 Mar 25, 2013
Adglaani Tso wrote:
<quoted text>
Followed your postings for awhile and generally agree with you. But, not in this case: The unions (of any trade) have one, and only one, priority and that is to protect their members WITHIN THE CODES OF CONDUCT OF SAID TRADE. If they (unions) are indeed fostering or at least sustaining laziness, status quo, or failure then I submit there is a failure of someone (those in district leadership and parents) to establish the codes of conduct to which both sides (unions and district) must agree to before executing a contract.
The core of the problem are meddlesome school boards and weak-willed leadership such as principals, superintendents who sustain the status quo of low achievement, etc.
The answer lies with holding leadership accountable (fire them for poor performance), exceptional teachers (reward them), and, most importantly of all: Hold the parents accountable for the performance of the school systems.
How so very true. Don't you think?
Yes I agree.

The union does have their way to handle grievances within the district they very same way they have agreed with the district, and school board. The current union leadership has chosen to circumvent this and insert themselves irresponsibility into the politics of the communities in a big way. And bypass the agreed upon channels.

The union is not really serving its members with its current actions.

here we go again

Fort Collins, CO

#16 Mar 25, 2013
Subutai wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I agree.
The union does have their way to handle grievances within the district they very same way they have agreed with the district, and school board. The current union leadership has chosen to circumvent this and insert themselves irresponsibility into the politics of the communities in a big way. And bypass the agreed upon channels.
It seems that you are either extremely well informed or terribly misinformed regarding this issue. The very one-sided nature of your comments suggests latter. It is apparent that the source of your information is the the district administration. Obviously there maybe a difference of opinion as to what serves the union members.
Just out of curiosity, did you ever actually talk to any of those union leaders you hold in such a low esteem?
Blind Simpleton

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Mar 25, 2013
Subutai wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I agree.
And obviously, according to you..there is not one voting person in this district capable of 'thinking for him/herself. We are all incapable of self thought. The teachers, the students, the state, the parents, the Dine', the property owners, the unions...if and unless all agree with your opinion, all non-functional. Just for arguments sake, perhaps,just perhaps, your opinion is misguided? You claim to have children attending CCSD schools...really? Do you actually have a dog in this fight? Have you ever? Other than having an opinion on every topic in the DT forums, where exactly do your priorities lie? Do you have a job? Other than opining in the DT forum? Get a job in the CCSD district. Let us know what you discover. Your paycheck will depend on it. Now while you are employed by the district, protect the students, ensure their success...teach to the letter, the curriculum...state mandated by the by, and, retain the respect of those student's parents. Both on and off the reservation. Good luck. Now, after you've walked the walk and talked the talk...opine. When you've done that? We'll listen. Until then? You're just a prejudice naysayer. And yes, it goes both ways sir. God Bless.

Location hidden

#18 Mar 25, 2013
Blind Simpleton wrote:
<quoted text>
And obviously, according to you..there is not one voting person in this district capable of 'thinking for him/herself. We are all incapable of self thought. The teachers, the students, the state, the parents, the Dine', the property owners, the unions...if and unless all agree with your opinion, all non-functional. Just for arguments sake, perhaps,just perhaps, your opinion is misguided? You claim to have children attending CCSD schools...really? Do you actually have a dog in this fight? Have you ever? Other than having an opinion on every topic in the DT forums, where exactly do your priorities lie? Do you have a job? Other than opining in the DT forum? Get a job in the CCSD district. Let us know what you discover. Your paycheck will depend on it. Now while you are employed by the district, protect the students, ensure their success...teach to the letter, the curriculum...state mandated by the by, and, retain the respect of those student's parents. Both on and off the reservation. Good luck. Now, after you've walked the walk and talked the talk...opine. When you've done that? We'll listen. Until then? You're just a prejudice naysayer. And yes, it goes both ways sir. God Bless.
How about you? I don't think you have either, Mr Jammer you picked up your crusade because you needed to feel important, to your Kirtland neighbors. Something has to set you apart, otherwise you are a almost retired nobody.

You are like the poor younger brother who, really didn't match up to the accomplishments of the older brothers. Keep feeling you are doing something. You really aren't.

Location hidden

#19 Mar 25, 2013
here we go again wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that you are either extremely well informed or terribly misinformed regarding this issue. The very one-sided nature of your comments suggests latter. It is apparent that the source of your information is the the district administration. Obviously there maybe a difference of opinion as to what serves the union members.
Just out of curiosity, did you ever actually talk to any of those union leaders you hold in such a low esteem?
I think I have one time when I went to a board meeting. I don't think they are part of the current leadership now.

My problem with them is they are more concerned about having power in the district, at the cost of stability of the district. Randy manning is using them right now. I'm also pissed that my board member cares more about the union than my children, and relatives kids in shiprock. Hello Hoskie?
Federal Prison Matthew

Scottsdale, AZ

#20 Mar 26, 2013
The Feds in Washington that are now investigating the bribery allegations. Don Levinski, Matthew Tso and Scott Nicoley have no answer for the allegations. Even on Matthew Tso's Facebook page, he is blaming Randy Manning for his crimes. Typical criminal response when they are guilty. Using children's educational dollars for political corruption is shameful. I hope they get the maximum in federal prison. Federal prison for Matthew Tso should be heaven since he is homosexual.
Pants On Fire

Shipman, VA

#21 Mar 26, 2013
Federal Prison Matthew wrote:
The Feds in Washington that are now investigating the bribery allegations.
Do you have any links to your assertion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 16 hr Rob M 6,893
Worse place I've ever lived (May '15) Aug 21 Guyedghi 63
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Aug 20 Skitedvju 627
News Bloomfield looks for ways to diversify economy Aug 14 Andrea 15
News Identity Inc. presents anti-hate crimes rally Aug 12 standings 2
News New detox center to open in Farmington Aug 9 Remi 8
Random Acts of Kindness (Jun '09) Jul 31 Trigger 4,951

Blanco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanco Mortgages