Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Martinez prefers to stick to issues

There are 6903 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 8, 2010, titled Martinez prefers to stick to issues. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

THE GREEN WATCHDOG

Oklahoma City, OK

#6840 Apr 16, 2014
dramatech01 wrote:
Martinez needs to go. And, she owes teachers and government employees an apology.
As a teacher a few years back, I stand frustrated and angry. With environmental issues taking center stage, what has she done for N.M's air, and water issues?
That's what I thought, NOTHING!

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6841 Apr 17, 2014
What's funny about the tapes is...

I've known all along how fake she is. A vindictive backstabber who cares only about one thing and that's Susana Martinez.

As for everyone who have been on this thread since the beginning we've all said she says one thing to stroke voters and has others goals of her own. Which yes probably every politician does, but her's is so apparent. And her supporters and immensely stupid then again maybe they are just as dirty.

What these tapes show is who she really is and what she really thinks about people.

However what I find truly funny is her and her group's comeback is that why is mother jones using such old stuff?

Um Martinez aren't you a former prosecutor?

Isn't it the prosecutor's job to use "EVIDENCE" to show intent, motive, details of a crime?

Oh wait that's right you were a fraud at that too!
not

Huntsville, AL

#6842 Apr 17, 2014
THE GREEN WATCHDOG wrote:
<quoted text>As a teacher a few years back, I stand frustrated and angry. With environmental issues taking center stage, what has she done for N.M's air, and water issues?
That's what I thought, NOTHING!
exactly true. She has done great damage to existing air and water protections. Had she just left in the existing rules, not brought in cabinet secretaries and special interest board appointees who undermined the programs and agencies they were supposed to lead and let the professional staff do their jobs without harassment, we would be in much better shape..
Imagine

Aurora, CO

#6843 Apr 17, 2014
The nasty names that Ben Lujan, Bill Richardson and Diane Denish called Susana. As a Hispanic that speaks both English and Spanish very well, it used to embarrass me to hear Lujan butcher the English language soo bad. Maybe if his false teeth had fit properly, he might have spoken a little better, lol. Face it, it is human nature to talk bad about people we don't like. Obviously I didn't like Crooked Ben Lujan. It however, is very disappointing that she feels so poorly about our hard working, under paid teachers. I agree that she is a Hispanic Sarah Palin in the making and must be voted out in November. However, if Diane Denish had been voted in, it would have been a rehash of the Bill Richardson administration with the same inept Exempt cronies running the State Agencies into the ground. We had no choice but to vote for Martinez. Now we have no choice but to vote a fresh Democratic candidate like Howie Morales in. Lawrence Rael is a leftover from the Richardson days, so he is not the answer.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#6844 Apr 17, 2014
Imagine wrote:
The nasty names that Ben Lujan, Bill Richardson and Diane Denish called Susana. As a Hispanic that speaks both English and Spanish very well, it used to embarrass me to hear Lujan butcher the English language soo bad. Maybe if his false teeth had fit properly, he might have spoken a little better, lol. Face it, it is human nature to talk bad about people we don't like. Obviously I didn't like Crooked Ben Lujan. It however, is very disappointing that she feels so poorly about our hard working, under paid teachers. I agree that she is a Hispanic Sarah Palin in the making and must be voted out in November. However, if Diane Denish had been voted in, it would have been a rehash of the Bill Richardson administration with the same inept Exempt cronies running the State Agencies into the ground. We had no choice but to vote for Martinez. Now we have no choice but to vote a fresh Democratic candidate like Howie Morales in. Lawrence Rael is a leftover from the Richardson days, so he is not the answer.
Where is your proof? I too am Hispanic and the fact that most older Hispanics do speak with a heavy accent is NOTHING to be embarrassed about, unless you are ashamed of your heritage.
It is amazing to me that people don't understand what the purpose of a Lt. Governor is. The Lt. Governor is pretty much a "decoration", a title without the ability to make or change the laws. As for Denish being an extension of Richardson, I seriously doubt it. The only similarity Denish & Richardson had was that they were both Democrats. Ideas about various things were at opposite ends.
there

Huntsville, AL

#6845 Apr 17, 2014
Imagine wrote:
is no evidence that Denish would have been a rehash of whatever you found to be lacking in Richardson. Running against Richardson and the recession instead of Denish worked for Susanna, but she has been proven to be far worse in terms of selling out our state and resources to special interests - especially in the extraction industries - and in taking positions that enhance her status within the national republican party at the expense of NM.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#6847 Apr 17, 2014
Ben Lujan wrote:
"I have long cancer and I don't have long to live." Yes I think this uneducated sheep herder/iron worker was a joke with a bully attitude. He is not missed and his wife needs to let go of the media attention she so desperately craves. Carmen he is dead and your 15 minutes are over. The Susana comment that pissed me off was the one about teachers, shame on her. Teachers are overworked and underpaid. Guess what, she will get re-elected, ha, ha.
You are one sick it!! Speaking of a bully and media hound, take a good look at the IT in the Governor's office. If people have any brains they will tell her to "Hit the Road", and quickly.
THE GREEN WATCHDOG

Oklahoma City, OK

#6848 Apr 17, 2014
Your Governor has a dismal record in protecting NM's most precious resources. Water and air. Can anyone tell me what bill she passed this last legislative session on protecting these resources? How about any water recycling programs or insuring that commercial or military aircraft are restricted from polluting NM' s blue skies? The glass isn't even half empty with her, it is bone dry.
nobody

United States

#6849 Apr 18, 2014
THE GREEN WATCHDOG wrote:
Your Governor has a dismal record in protecting NM's most precious resources. Water and air. Can anyone tell me what bill she passed this last legislative session on protecting these resources? How about any water recycling programs or insuring that commercial or military aircraft are restricted from polluting NM' s blue skies? The glass isn't even half empty with her, it is bone dry.
Tell us again lapdog, who has had control of the NM legislature for the past 80 years? Yeah, the governor can pass laws all by herself! Right!
Hey

Huntsville, AL

#6850 Apr 18, 2014
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us again lapdog, who has had control of the NM legislature for the past 80 years? Yeah, the governor can pass laws all by herself! Right!
dummy, with her appointments and their rulemaking, the governor dismantled existing programs and policies protecting air and water and basically drove out of public service the professional, experienced staff who were trying to do their jobs on our behalf and fulfill the missions of their agencies.
nobody

Albuquerque, NM

#6851 Apr 18, 2014
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>dummy, with her appointments and their rulemaking, the governor dismantled existing programs and policies protecting air and water and basically drove out of public service the professional, experienced staff who were trying to do their jobs on our behalf and fulfill the missions of their agencies.
Answer the question. Who makes the laws?

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6852 Apr 18, 2014
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question. Who makes the laws?
Hmmm let's see....

The legislature drafted a bill, Martinez signed it into law and changed the wording herself. Which she was taken before the Supreme Court and lost.

The legislature drafted several bills which Martinez vetoed and others she did sign into law.

So your question is practically worthless and the point you seem to have wanted to make is without substance because while the House and Senate and dream up any kind of bill it is THE GOVERNOR WHO SIGNS THEM INTO LAW.

The legislature cannot "make" law by themselves nor can the Governor. The House cannot without the Senate. Finally the general public can always challenge any law that's unconstitutional or any other reason that does not benefit the state or the people.

So this poor little Martinez cannot get things done because the legislature isn't helping her is hilarious.

Don't forget she vetoed the Ethics Commission. That say a lot about her and remember she's the one who campaigned about ethics and transparency in government. So why veto the Ethics Commission.? Will you blame the Democrats for that as well?

The real issue is, sticking with this thread, Martinez is a huge FAT liar and the tapes prove it.
Sandstorm

Scottsdale, AZ

#6853 Apr 18, 2014
"They already don't work two and a half or three months out of the year, but earn salaries the same as people who do work 12 months out of the year." Susana Martinez

Our governor made that statement about teachers. Lots of people are outraged that she would say it, but why? It's true.....and teachers have 2 weeks off for winter break (Christmas) plus a week off for spring break.
It is

Huntsville, AL

#6854 Apr 18, 2014
Sandstorm wrote:
".
not a paid vacation, dummy.
Sandstorm

Scottsdale, AZ

#6855 Apr 18, 2014
It is wrote:
<quoted text>
not a paid vacation, dummy.
Well, dummy, teachers, then, are paid fairly well for 9 months of work. Do you think they (or you) should be paid for the 3 months they are not contracted....and not working?

Is Susana right? Do teachers work during the summer? You have 2 1/2 months to earn more money....you know....to work for it.
Why Dat

Farmington, NM

#6856 Apr 18, 2014
Pay distribution is twice a month, each month of twelve.

Yes you can divide total amount by 9 months and juggle this amount to be called extravagant, but if you cut teachers pay rate, you my friend may be the only taker. You and Susi. I'm sure she would do it.
Heck, I think she would teach the retarded for even less money.(her description)
Most teachers do 10 hour days, and weekend work for the salary.
Why Dat

Farmington, NM

#6857 Apr 18, 2014
and attend classes to further their education during the summer !!!!!!!!!!

No, I am not a teacher.
Sandstorm

Scottsdale, AZ

#6858 Apr 18, 2014
Why Dat wrote:
Pay distribution is twice a month, each month of twelve.
Yes you can divide total amount by 9 months and juggle this amount to be called extravagant, but if you cut teachers pay rate, you my friend may be the only taker. You and Susi. I'm sure she would do it.
Heck, I think she would teach the retarded for even less money.(her description)
Most teachers do 10 hour days, and weekend work for the salary.
That's simply not true. School buildings are empty...devoid of students AND teachers at a fairly early hour in the afternoons.

And weekends????? LOLOLOL. Again, simply untrue.

But let's get real here...people in private industry work their butts off, especially if they earn large salaries. They belong to the company 24/7 and are expected to stay abreast of their craft (same as physicians, etc.). So quit whining about having to take additional college hours. In the first place, it's very minimal, and in the second place, most you people simply are not doing that.

And BTW, since you work a 9 month year, why NOT calculate your salaries according to the actual time worked? As you say, it might seem rather extravagant. In fact, in Farmington , NM, teachers may well be some of the higher paid citizens; it's a poor community.

You are not...IN ANY WAY....overworked and underpaid, and most of you would be hard-pressed to make it in the business world.

I'd say the majority of you are not doing a great job at teaching, either, judging from the NM educational ranking......and your poor grammar.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#6859 Apr 18, 2014
On average the students attend school from 8:30am to 3:30pm. Teachers are at the school from approximately 7:30am to 4:30pm. Some arrive earlier, some leave later. The majority if not all teachers grade students work well into the evening at home away from the school.

So your remark sir or ma'am is asinine.

English teachers for example do read each students papers when they are assigned reports. Do you even remember doing book reports or reports for Chemistry or any History reports? A teacher has about 20 to 25 students per class and average at least 6 classes a day. So that is about 150 reports a teacher scours over in order to grade each student's work.

You're obviously a Martinez supporter because only people like you could be so hateful and detrimental to the people who choose to go into teaching careers.

As for summer vacations...you do realize the government gets even more time off which they are well paid for. Hell Susana Martinez makes more now doing monstrously less work than any teacher. She's not doing any physical labor, she doesn't research anything. She just sits in judgment saying yes or no to different state agencies. "Yes you can use the plane." "No you can't fund education" "No you can't protect the environment" "Yes give the oil industry millions and slide a little towards me."

First Amendment.

“leaning left”

Since: Mar 09

local

#6860 Apr 18, 2014
Sandstorm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's simply not true. School buildings are empty...devoid of students AND teachers at a fairly early hour in the afternoons.
And weekends????? LOLOLOL. Again, simply untrue.
But let's get real here...people in private industry work their butts off, especially if they earn large salaries. They belong to the company 24/7 and are expected to stay abreast of their craft (same as physicians, etc.). So quit whining about having to take additional college hours. In the first place, it's very minimal, and in the second place, most you people simply are not doing that.
And BTW, since you work a 9 month year, why NOT calculate your salaries according to the actual time worked? As you say, it might seem rather extravagant. In fact, in Farmington , NM, teachers may well be some of the higher paid citizens; it's a poor community.
You are not...IN ANY WAY....overworked and underpaid, and most of you would be hard-pressed to make it in the business world.
I'd say the majority of you are not doing a great job at teaching, either, judging from the NM educational ranking......and your poor grammar.
Obviously you have not spent much time in the classroom the past 10 years. Hence you know not of what you speak. Teaching is an honorable and extremely important job after all the students of today are our future and at the moment it's looking grim. Everyone of us should get behind the teachers give them the respect and salaries they deserve. Parents must step up and instill a desire for learning in their children. Teachers should not be expected to teach unruly, disrespectful, disruptive students.

NCLB has done a huge disservice to teachers and students alike.

So, before you make such unfair judgements may I suggest you visit a local mid-school for a day. Tse Bah Tai [sp] would be a good place to start. BTW I seriously doubt you could last the day so take your business world job and shove it.

What the previous poster said about after hours etc. is true, plus buying supplies with your own wallet. And yes, some teachers qualify for SNAP. Oh yeah, unfortunately grammar is rarely taught anymore.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) 12 hr 144 days remaining 629
Worse place I've ever lived (May '15) Aug 21 Guyedghi 63
News Bloomfield looks for ways to diversify economy Aug 14 Andrea 15
News Identity Inc. presents anti-hate crimes rally Aug 12 standings 2
News New detox center to open in Farmington Aug 9 Remi 8
Random Acts of Kindness (Jun '09) Jul 31 Trigger 4,951
News Blanco man charged with molesting 13-year-old r... (Jun '15) Jun '16 satan 6

Blanco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanco Mortgages