Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns. Full Story
Information Please

United States

#6832 Apr 7, 2014
dosdirty wrote:
<quoted text>
They must have read the article on the nations list of most corrupt Governors.
Time to change the same ole dirty laundry in Santa Fe.
Has she taken a position on the law that allows police to match pictures of participants of political gatherings against driver licenses using facial recognition?

Keeping you safe by keeping an eye on you.
MartinezistheGre atest

Glendale, AZ

#6833 Apr 7, 2014
Sorry I'm late!

April Fools!
Tejana

Santa Fe, NM

#6834 Apr 16, 2014
quote of the day.

During the 2010 campaign, when some thought that cutting teachers’ salaries might be inevitable because of the budget crisis, Martinez said in a taped conversation,“During the campaign, we can’t say it, I guess, because it’s education, but…[teachers] already don’t work, you know, two and a half months out of the year.”

Provided as an antidote to the happy face BS commercials funded by special interests that we are being bombarded with waaaay too early for the election.

“leaning left”

Since: Mar 09

local

#6835 Apr 16, 2014
Good job Tejana. Lets give them the whole enchilada......

Subject:[Graphic Tapes] In her own words. Susana Martinez caught on tape attacking Hispanic biz, women, teachers and Democrats
Date: Apr 16, 2014 9:08 AM

ProgressNowNM

The true Susana Martinez, in her own words.

That's the first big takeaway from today's Mother Jones article, "Is New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez the Next Sarah Palin?"

One Republican state legislator described her tactics thusly: "Nastiness, misinformation, innuendo, and flat-out lies have created a toxic political environment."

Just a week after Martinez released her highly-polished campaign ad denouncing her national ambitions and promoting her warm and fuzzy side, new audio recordings from inside her 2010 campaign show the sexist, belittling and vindictive nature of the true Susana Martinez behind closed doors.

On Teachers & Hiding Her True Positions During the Campaign

Martinez told campaign staffers she would hide her opinions on teachers during the campaign, but she didn’t like teachers who “already don’t work” referring to summer school breaks.

She then laughs with her chief campaign strategist, Jay McCleskey, about ways to avoid accusations that she hid her true anti-teacher feelings during the campaign.

On Democrats as "Little Bitches" and "Little Retards"

Susana Martinez laughs and plays along as an aide calls Ben Lujan (former Speaker of the House and father of NM Congressman Ben Ray Lujan) is a “little retard.”

Martinez slams her former Democratic opponent, Diane Denish, as “that little b*tch.”

Belittling Hispanic Business Group and Women's Job Program

Martinez dismisses the role of the “Hispano Chamber of Culture, or I don’t know what the hell it was”(Hispano Chamber of Commerce) and Commission on the Status of Women which helps women learn job skills and advocates for policies equally including women in the workplace.

She laughs and agrees when her campaign manager, Jay McCleskey, makes a sexist comment suggesting one of their male campaign staffers wants to run that commission to “study more women.”

Very interesting, and Mother Jones has the tapes where you can listen to the Gov, in her own words. ooooops
THE GREEN WATCHDOG

Oklahoma City, OK

#6836 Apr 16, 2014
Spot on BHL. Looks like you illustrious Governor is a simple and mean spirited person that somehow defrauded the public in getting elected. Hopefully, in the next election, you will have a person on the Left that can upright your state to what it once was.
haha

Alamogordo, NM

#6837 Apr 16, 2014
republican governor and you are shocked about this new news? hahaha republicans are selfish and money hungry.. hence, not caring about others! These scumbags are either the rich money grubbers, or the poor dumb idiots following their masters like a dog. a poor or midclass republican is just an idiot to me! either they are getting paid to do the riches bidding, or just dumb to believe them.. you idiots deserve her! wait til she is gone and all the scandals come out that she did.. stick to the issues my butt:) hahaha she sticks to it so you can believe her while robbing you blind behind doors..
dramatech01

Denver, CO

#6838 Apr 16, 2014
Martinez needs to go. And, she owes teachers and government employees an apology.
Turbo

Albuquerque, NM

#6839 Apr 16, 2014
I think we owe it to the rest of the country to ensure her career doesn't advance. Ill bet a majority of Alaskans wish they'd never put Palin in a drivers seat
THE GREEN WATCHDOG

Oklahoma City, OK

#6840 Apr 16, 2014
dramatech01 wrote:
Martinez needs to go. And, she owes teachers and government employees an apology.
As a teacher a few years back, I stand frustrated and angry. With environmental issues taking center stage, what has she done for N.M's air, and water issues?
That's what I thought, NOTHING!

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6841 Apr 17, 2014
What's funny about the tapes is...

I've known all along how fake she is. A vindictive backstabber who cares only about one thing and that's Susana Martinez.

As for everyone who have been on this thread since the beginning we've all said she says one thing to stroke voters and has others goals of her own. Which yes probably every politician does, but her's is so apparent. And her supporters and immensely stupid then again maybe they are just as dirty.

What these tapes show is who she really is and what she really thinks about people.

However what I find truly funny is her and her group's comeback is that why is mother jones using such old stuff?

Um Martinez aren't you a former prosecutor?

Isn't it the prosecutor's job to use "EVIDENCE" to show intent, motive, details of a crime?

Oh wait that's right you were a fraud at that too!
not

Santa Fe, NM

#6842 Apr 17, 2014
THE GREEN WATCHDOG wrote:
<quoted text>As a teacher a few years back, I stand frustrated and angry. With environmental issues taking center stage, what has she done for N.M's air, and water issues?
That's what I thought, NOTHING!
exactly true. She has done great damage to existing air and water protections. Had she just left in the existing rules, not brought in cabinet secretaries and special interest board appointees who undermined the programs and agencies they were supposed to lead and let the professional staff do their jobs without harassment, we would be in much better shape..
Imagine

United States

#6843 Apr 17, 2014
The nasty names that Ben Lujan, Bill Richardson and Diane Denish called Susana. As a Hispanic that speaks both English and Spanish very well, it used to embarrass me to hear Lujan butcher the English language soo bad. Maybe if his false teeth had fit properly, he might have spoken a little better, lol. Face it, it is human nature to talk bad about people we don't like. Obviously I didn't like Crooked Ben Lujan. It however, is very disappointing that she feels so poorly about our hard working, under paid teachers. I agree that she is a Hispanic Sarah Palin in the making and must be voted out in November. However, if Diane Denish had been voted in, it would have been a rehash of the Bill Richardson administration with the same inept Exempt cronies running the State Agencies into the ground. We had no choice but to vote for Martinez. Now we have no choice but to vote a fresh Democratic candidate like Howie Morales in. Lawrence Rael is a leftover from the Richardson days, so he is not the answer.

“Kees Mee, I's Ireesh”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#6844 Apr 17, 2014
Imagine wrote:
The nasty names that Ben Lujan, Bill Richardson and Diane Denish called Susana. As a Hispanic that speaks both English and Spanish very well, it used to embarrass me to hear Lujan butcher the English language soo bad. Maybe if his false teeth had fit properly, he might have spoken a little better, lol. Face it, it is human nature to talk bad about people we don't like. Obviously I didn't like Crooked Ben Lujan. It however, is very disappointing that she feels so poorly about our hard working, under paid teachers. I agree that she is a Hispanic Sarah Palin in the making and must be voted out in November. However, if Diane Denish had been voted in, it would have been a rehash of the Bill Richardson administration with the same inept Exempt cronies running the State Agencies into the ground. We had no choice but to vote for Martinez. Now we have no choice but to vote a fresh Democratic candidate like Howie Morales in. Lawrence Rael is a leftover from the Richardson days, so he is not the answer.
Where is your proof? I too am Hispanic and the fact that most older Hispanics do speak with a heavy accent is NOTHING to be embarrassed about, unless you are ashamed of your heritage.
It is amazing to me that people don't understand what the purpose of a Lt. Governor is. The Lt. Governor is pretty much a "decoration", a title without the ability to make or change the laws. As for Denish being an extension of Richardson, I seriously doubt it. The only similarity Denish & Richardson had was that they were both Democrats. Ideas about various things were at opposite ends.
there

Santa Fe, NM

#6845 Apr 17, 2014
Imagine wrote:
is no evidence that Denish would have been a rehash of whatever you found to be lacking in Richardson. Running against Richardson and the recession instead of Denish worked for Susanna, but she has been proven to be far worse in terms of selling out our state and resources to special interests - especially in the extraction industries - and in taking positions that enhance her status within the national republican party at the expense of NM.

“Kees Mee, I's Ireesh”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#6847 Apr 17, 2014
Ben Lujan wrote:
"I have long cancer and I don't have long to live." Yes I think this uneducated sheep herder/iron worker was a joke with a bully attitude. He is not missed and his wife needs to let go of the media attention she so desperately craves. Carmen he is dead and your 15 minutes are over. The Susana comment that pissed me off was the one about teachers, shame on her. Teachers are overworked and underpaid. Guess what, she will get re-elected, ha, ha.
You are one sick it!! Speaking of a bully and media hound, take a good look at the IT in the Governor's office. If people have any brains they will tell her to "Hit the Road", and quickly.
THE GREEN WATCHDOG

Oklahoma City, OK

#6848 Apr 17, 2014
Your Governor has a dismal record in protecting NM's most precious resources. Water and air. Can anyone tell me what bill she passed this last legislative session on protecting these resources? How about any water recycling programs or insuring that commercial or military aircraft are restricted from polluting NM' s blue skies? The glass isn't even half empty with her, it is bone dry.
nobody

Phoenix, AZ

#6849 Apr 18, 2014
THE GREEN WATCHDOG wrote:
Your Governor has a dismal record in protecting NM's most precious resources. Water and air. Can anyone tell me what bill she passed this last legislative session on protecting these resources? How about any water recycling programs or insuring that commercial or military aircraft are restricted from polluting NM' s blue skies? The glass isn't even half empty with her, it is bone dry.
Tell us again lapdog, who has had control of the NM legislature for the past 80 years? Yeah, the governor can pass laws all by herself! Right!
Hey

Santa Fe, NM

#6850 Apr 18, 2014
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us again lapdog, who has had control of the NM legislature for the past 80 years? Yeah, the governor can pass laws all by herself! Right!
dummy, with her appointments and their rulemaking, the governor dismantled existing programs and policies protecting air and water and basically drove out of public service the professional, experienced staff who were trying to do their jobs on our behalf and fulfill the missions of their agencies.
nobody

Albuquerque, NM

#6851 Apr 18, 2014
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>dummy, with her appointments and their rulemaking, the governor dismantled existing programs and policies protecting air and water and basically drove out of public service the professional, experienced staff who were trying to do their jobs on our behalf and fulfill the missions of their agencies.
Answer the question. Who makes the laws?

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#6852 Apr 18, 2014
nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question. Who makes the laws?
Hmmm let's see....

The legislature drafted a bill, Martinez signed it into law and changed the wording herself. Which she was taken before the Supreme Court and lost.

The legislature drafted several bills which Martinez vetoed and others she did sign into law.

So your question is practically worthless and the point you seem to have wanted to make is without substance because while the House and Senate and dream up any kind of bill it is THE GOVERNOR WHO SIGNS THEM INTO LAW.

The legislature cannot "make" law by themselves nor can the Governor. The House cannot without the Senate. Finally the general public can always challenge any law that's unconstitutional or any other reason that does not benefit the state or the people.

So this poor little Martinez cannot get things done because the legislature isn't helping her is hilarious.

Don't forget she vetoed the Ethics Commission. That say a lot about her and remember she's the one who campaigned about ethics and transparency in government. So why veto the Ethics Commission.? Will you blame the Democrats for that as well?

The real issue is, sticking with this thread, Martinez is a huge FAT liar and the tapes prove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Honoring Native American culture 13 hr Also 6
Doors likely to close at Four Winds Recovery Ce... Thu Horace 3
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Nov 18 Richies Cool Man ... 221
Christy in F-town? Nov 16 The real XandO 15
Looking for my sister chasity Nov 15 Good Luck 3
Review: Sinbads House Of Colors Nov 15 Customer 1
RIP Tomas Young 1979-2014 Nov 14 Just as will 9
Blanco Dating
Find my Match

Blanco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Blanco News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blanco

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

NFL 1:22PM
Bobby Wagner (toe) to return to Seahawks' defense
NBC Sports 1:30 PM
Rodney McLeod not fined for hit that concussed Emmanuel Sanders
ESPN 1:35 PM
Fitzgerald game-time decision for Cardinals
NBC Sports 3:26 PM
Bobby Wagner set to return for Seahawks - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:05 PM
Will Larry Fitzgerald be ready to go in Week 12?