Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns. Full Story
MartinezLies

Los Alamos, NM

#4976 Jan 26, 2013
Martinez Pretense of Open Govít Collapses
January 18, 2013

On December 28th, the New Mexico Attorney Generalís office ordered the Martinez administration to provide to ISPAC documents related to the Louisiana hunting trip taken by Martinez husband Chuck Franco and two state police officers from the governorís security detail.

Despite telling the media that they would produce the documents they have yet to do so some twenty days after being ordered to provide them.

In addition to promising the voters a transparent government if elected, Martinez told the New Mexico press that her administration would strive to produce documents in less than the 15-day maximum allowable time frame under the Inspection of Public Records Act.

But ISPAC is not alone in having to wait for public records especially those relating to the Dirty Downs deal.

http://www.independentsourcepac.com/martinez-...

“Freedom is never free”

Since: Jan 09

El Paso, Texas

#4977 Jan 26, 2013
A lib that ends in an wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard he's no longer court appointed, but fee based, after
sending Orlando's best packing with a directed verdict.
Actually my former attorney, Pedro Pineda, now works in the District Attorney's office.

I think he's going to make a difference.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newmexico/ci_22264...

Mr. Pineda handled my case as he was contracted to do. I'll admit I fought with him a bit on things (not physical and we didn't argue) just after how I was treated by the other ones I had I wanted to make sure I had every piece of evidence and every witness I could find in my favor.

But it came down to one thing and I guess he knew it all along. Susana Martinez and her staff filed a case with no evidence. No evidence whatsoever to support the criminal charge. So I guess he strongly knew once they presented what they had, which was nothing, that he could get a directed verdict.

In the end I told him "I'm sorry I should've trusted you more." and he said, "I'm glad you fought for it."

Now that he's in the DA's office it's a good and bad thing. It's bad because Dona Ana county just lost a good defense attorney, but it's good because in the DA's office you'll see cases handled better.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#4978 Jan 26, 2013
GetItExpunged wrote:
<quoted text>
Make sure, since you won, he asks D'Antonio to expunge it. It's up to the judge, and since you work with kids, it'd be better, given your innocence, it never appears ever again.
good luck, tho given how wel lyour last lawyer did, don't think you will need it at all. What a travesty of justice!
I'll look into it, but going through New Mexico law there's no real procedure to expunge arrests. Oh there is for misdemeanors, but felonies, no such thing. That's why the legislature proposed a bill, but Martinez vetoed it. See people like her love to keep their thumbs on people. They don't forgive, but they bust ass when it's one of their own.
We all need Justice

Albuquerque, NM

#4979 Jan 26, 2013
justice is just a choice wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll look into it, but going through New Mexico law there's no real procedure to expunge arrests. Oh there is for misdemeanors, but felonies, no such thing. That's why the legislature proposed a bill, but Martinez vetoed it. See people like her love to keep their thumbs on people. They don't forgive, but they bust ass when it's one of their own.
While you were going through this did you have people stalk you , harrass you etc ?

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#4980 Jan 27, 2013
We all need Justice wrote:
<quoted text>While you were going through this did you have people stalk you , harrass you etc ?
Actually to this very day.

As I have repeatedly stated I coach basketball. I have a club team and I gather information on area kids to pass on to college coaches. College recruiting does not go the way you see it on TV or movies. NCAA coaches are restricted in amount of contacts they have with student-athletes. For instance during the academic year they are limited to 40 days of evaluations. There are 50 states so obviously they can't go see everyone. Next they are limited to 5 "official" visits with any one particular student-athlete. So if they do choose to go to a high school game to evaluate a player they limit those to ones they have already decided on trying to sign.

These coaches actually subscribe to scouting and recruiting agencies such as:

http://www.bluestarbb.com/

That's where they get a high percentage of their recruiting information. They attend tournament events in July, the largest being:

http://images.aausports.org.s3-website-us-eas...

College coaches attend these events to scout players. The ones they like they see how they are ranked in national scouting reports and then if they look good they seek out to sign them. At that point they may go to a high school game to let that player know they are interested in signing them.

That's how it works. The Hollywood fantasy is just that, a fantasy. There is no such thing that a player who scores a lot per game automatically draws interest because the coaches do not read the El Paso Times! So how does a coach learn about these kids...well they seek out information from people like me.

With all that said...

I go to Santa Teresa to gather some information on some area players. I could get them added to the BlueStar report and vastly increase their chances at a collegiate opportunity.

Ah but the Santa Teresa kicked me out and later I learned that Barbara Browder told the administration that I was banned from the campus.

Hmmm I was suspended from Chaparral, not Santa Teresa. My problem involved only, and I do mean only, two people from Chaparral. The mother and father of the girl that I was supposedly stalking. And yet I can't go to Santa Teresa? The girl involved in my case is now a sophomore at NMSU. The parents did not have any kid participating in this event nor was Chaparral itself at this location...soooooo...how am I banned from Santa Teresa?

To me that qualifies as harassment because they are interfering with a state right:

NMSA 30-20-13. Interference with members of staff, public officials or the general public; trespass; damage to property; misdemeanors; penalties.

But more so a federal right:

18 USC ß 245 - Federally protected activities

So you have Barbara Browder enforcing a penalty that as a State agent she has no right to do.

Now for others...Sarcastic Bombastic, Jeff Murphy, Darren, among others. Granted this is the internet, but the line of free speech is drawn at defamation.

"Spreading false information in and of itself carries no First Amendment credentials." Herbert v. Lando, 441 U.S. 153, 99 S.Ct. 1635, 60 L.Ed.2d 115 (1979)
"Under the First Amendment there is no such thing as a false idea." Gertz v. Robert Welch Inc., 418 U.S. 323, 94 S.Ct. 2997, 41 L.Ed.2d 789 (1974)
"[T]he knowingly false statement and the false statement made with reckless disregard of the truth, do not enjoy constitutional protection." Garrison v. State of Louisiana, 379 U.S. 64, 85 S.Ct. 209, 13 L.Ed.2d 125 (1964)

Some people treat the Constitution as just another piece of paper. They do not care that people died to protect those very rights.
nomistakenidenti ty

Glendale, AZ

#4981 Jan 27, 2013
<quoted text>
I had a court appointed attorney.
What rumor did you hear?
I heard that based on how smoothly things have been run in just his first thirty days on the job, Mark D'Antonio may actually fill in for the Maytag repair guy commercial.lol
morefodderfromth equeen

Glendale, AZ

#4982 Jan 27, 2013
MartinezLies wrote:
January 18, 2013
On December 28th, the New Mexico Attorney Generalís office ordered the Martinez administration to provide to ISPAC documents related to the Louisiana hunting trip taken by Martinez husband Chuck Franco and two state police officers from the governorís security detail.
Despite telling the media that they would produce the documents they have yet to do so some twenty days after being ordered to provide them.
In addition to promising the voters a transparent government if elected, Martinez told the New Mexico press that her administration would strive to produce documents in less than the 15-day maximum allowable time frame under the Inspection of Public Records Act.
But ISPAC is not alone in having to wait for public records especially those relating to the Dirty Downs deal.
Looks like more 'disintegrating' fodder for Daniel Rivera, only this takes place in the Governor's mansion
RaiseWages Now

Los Alamos, NM

#4984 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually to this very day.
Me too, and harass, from the local YMCA head of member services, to a stepson who another stepson admitted they paid to do it, he lives with a guy who heads part of the project for cleaning up Area G in Los lamos, and he did it after an audit pointed out they had been faking the cleanup and the audits of it. In addition, I was threatened at church, and with eviction, too.

all ofthem said it was because of what I said, not one person, has so far stated I am telling a Lie, that is how NM goes-a court proved hi mnot guilty, she did not have a restrainign order, and the cop who told us, Girmendonk, our kidd woudl be arrested for stalkign for following us, the y head has said he told her it was no true. He told us something VERY different, and too ka report, which he has also refused to ink, so right now we are in limbo, and will probably be lied about i nthe future.

He was lied about, and so were we. The leo's in some cases, eespecially Regenold, threatened me, andn ow the guy they were protecting, they are threatening me directly and thru other people ,not to testify or help the SF DA's office, whiel they pursue greatly reduced child molestatio ncharges on.

It was a hit, and is now. The eviction thing will be our second fight, both have been ludicrous, all designed to keep our mouths shut, and so occupied, we cannot effectively sleep ,eat or fight back.

My step-daughter was selling drugs on a spec ed bus, to the parents, and the Y head's hubby is her boss, so they went after us this way.

I understand Terrance, truly I understand.
RaiseWages Now

Los Alamos, NM

#4985 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually to this very day.So you have Barbara Browder enforcing a penalty that as a State agent she has no right to do.
Now for others...Sarcastic Bombastic, Jeff Murphy, Darren, among others. Granted this is the internet, but the line of free speech is drawn at defamation.
"Spreading false information in and of itself carries no First Amendment credentials." Herbert v. Lando, 441 U.S. 153, 99 S.Ct. 1635, 60 L.Ed.2d 115 (1979)
"Under the First Amendment there is no such thing as a false idea." Gertz v. Robert Welch Inc., 418 U.S. 323, 94 S.Ct. 2997, 41 L.Ed.2d 789 (1974)
"[T]he knowingly false statement and the false statement made with reckless disregard of the truth, do not enjoy constitutional protection." Garrison v. State of Louisiana, 379 U.S. 64, 85 S.Ct. 209, 13 L.Ed.2d 125 (1964)
Some people treat the Constitution as just another piece of paper. They do not care that people died to protect those very rights.
I have been a victi mof it too, it is called a "smear campaighn". I was told at the Y, by a staff member, then later by others, and my church, that it was my fault, since I fought back to clear myself. Yup, was told too, I was responsible for staff telling sex stories while trying to get a problem worked out.

Each perso nwho got the ball rolling, is someoen with seriosu other problems-liek they were a pstor, and destroyed their own church, and aren ow doing it somehwere else, or were sued successfully to stop rumors, or cannot pass a background check for the school system, but spread around I beat kids.

Always a guilty person of some sort.

True for you, too?
Go girl

Alamogordo, NM

#4986 Jan 31, 2013
Thank God for Martinez. This state is finally great again.

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#4987 Jan 31, 2013
RaiseWages Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been a victi mof it too, it is called a "smear campaighn". I was told at the Y, by a staff member, then later by others, and my church, that it was my fault, since I fought back to clear myself. Yup, was told too, I was responsible for staff telling sex stories while trying to get a problem worked out.
Each perso nwho got the ball rolling, is someoen with seriosu other problems-liek they were a pstor, and destroyed their own church, and aren ow doing it somehwere else, or were sued successfully to stop rumors, or cannot pass a background check for the school system, but spread around I beat kids.
Always a guilty person of some sort.
True for you, too?
I just find the New Mexico system a tad corrupt. Are there honest people within? Of course, but it seems they are the minority.

For instance...

Years ago I get a speeding ticket in Clovis. It was about $150 I tried to set a hearing for it. I followed the instructions that were given, but they couldn't find a record. I called all over and they couldn't find a record of the citation. I gave them my name, the ticket number everything and nothing on the system. So I thought maybe they erased, months alter I get a demand to appear in court to explain why I haven't taken care of the ticket.

I called that same day and again...no record.

WTH!

So then I go out to a DMV office, a court in Anthony and even drove to Cruces and at all 3 places no record. Now before anyone says of course those places didn't have it, it was a Clovis ticket.

HAHAHA - well strange considering the ticket said I could take care of it "anywhere" in the state.

So I called the Clovis court AGAIN and once again NO RECORD!

So I let it go and then got a notice for a court hearing. I go explain the entire situation to the judge and she says I didn't try to take care of it so she increased the fine to $330!

WTH!

Fine whatever she orders that I pay the fine right then so I go to another place where she told me to go pay and guess what, NO RECORD. So I go back to the court and tell the judge the exact crap is still happening, so then she gets on the computer, can't find it herself even says, "that's not right." Then does some hocus pocus, "there it is." sssuuurrreee, whatever so I pay the damn fine and not once did she apologize.

So she had proof that I couldn't take care of something they couldn't find, but still enforced an unreasonable fine knowing I was right.

Are there honest people in the New Mexico judicial system? If the question even needs to be asked that really says something.
ingumreport

Glendale, AZ

#4988 Jan 31, 2013
Go girl wrote:
Thank God for Martinez. This state is finally great again.
I thank God every day for being:

anti-witchhunt
anti-mistaken pumpkin
anti-ineptness
anti-corruption
anti-bullying
anti-SWAMP...and sending the Martinez' 4 swamp appointees packing!
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#4989 Jan 31, 2013
MartinezLies wrote:
January 18, 2013
All politicians, regardless of party, do this.

Richardson bought that nice jet at tax payer expense so he could go visit his mama in old Mexico and line deals up for himself for his life after being Gov.

They all do it. By now it should not be a shock.

The problem with politicians are they are great at spending someone's else's hard earned money (usally to benefit themselves or cronnies) and having no accountability.
ingumreport

Glendale, AZ

#4990 Jan 31, 2013
Ex- El Paso Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
All politicians, regardless of party, do this.
Richardson bought that nice jet at tax payer expense so he could go visit his mama in old Mexico and line deals up for himself for his life after being Gov.
They all do it. By now it should not be a shock.
The problem with politicians are they are great at spending someone's else's hard earned money (usally to benefit themselves or cronnies) and having no accountability.
It shouldn't be a shock allright, especially when their number one platform that they(Martinez) ran on back in 2010 was anti-corruption!
Martinez is great

Alamogordo, NM

#4991 Feb 1, 2013
Finally I am proud of this state. This is the first time in my life I have actually been proud of being a resident of New Mexico. Martinez has brought respect back to us. I saw fat Bill Richardson on the Hannity show last night and he sounded stupid as usual. I can't believe that wind bag is not in prison.
ingumreport

Glendale, AZ

#4992 Feb 1, 2013
Im so proud of the new DA and his assistants for going both ways. This is probably the first time since Daniel Rivera's book(Disintegrating Justice) came out that the 17 year-old stench is finally gone! Common sense, integrity, professionalism,working within the law. that's all it took to blow out the swamp!
Let us know when the Martinez momentum pep rally parade is scheduled.....to head to Santa Fe.lol

Good Riddance!
Martinez is great

Alamogordo, NM

#4993 Feb 1, 2013
That pep rally train is firing up, all aboard! She wins this thing again easy and there is nothing any of you losers can do about it. Thank God for Martinez..

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#4994 Feb 1, 2013
Time to remind the naysayers:

Susana is good,
Susana is great.
Break out the chocolate cake!
Susana Martinez, good for you NM!!!

Round two will be even better than round one!

“Freedom is never free”

El Paso, Texas

#4995 Feb 1, 2013
What?!?

Corndogz?

I'm still waiting for you or any Martinez supporter to explain how she cut the rebate for the film industry which was returning to them their own money, but she signs a law eliminating the fuel tax for the locomotive industry which would have been continual state income.

She either failed at Math or she listens to people like you hahahahaha
The best ever

Alamogordo, NM

#4996 Feb 1, 2013
What?!?
Corndogz?
I'm still waiting for you or any Martinez supporter to explain how she cut the rebate for the film industry which was returning to them their own money, but she signs a law eliminating the fuel tax for the locomotive industry which would have been continual state income.
She either failed at Math or she listens to people like you hahahahaha
She does what is bet for this state just like our great President does what is best for this country. I suppose you have issues with president obama also?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) 12 hr XandO 285
FPD Lt popped for unlawful hunting' Sat ODUSMC 4
Farmington commission: Restaurant did not discr... (Sep '10) Fri XandO 192
Random Acts of Kindness (Jun '09) Dec 17 JUST_NOBODY 4,929
Trainers aim to prevent spring sports injuries (Mar '11) Dec 15 kurtcooksalot16 4
Good Luck America Dec 12 Can it get worse 7
1 dead in officer-involved shooting near Farmin... Dec 9 Horace 8
Blanco Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blanco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Blanco News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blanco

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News