How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#5227 Jul 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you are good at breathing through your nose and no longer have a gag response when johnsons are rebounding off the back of your throat.
Whatever floats your boat, shug.
Exactly the response one would expect from a scummy POS gutter-snipe like you.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#5228 Jul 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should you be allowed to sell firearms to people who don't know from Adam?
Why should people who are 21 years old be forced to show their ID when they buy booze?
People who are 21 or older SHOULDN'T be forced to show their ID when they buy booze.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5229 Jul 3, 2013
Squach wrote:
and then want me to submit to a background check in order to exercise my constitutional rights?
You don't have a constitutional right to sell firearms, spoogebreath.

Location hidden

#5230 Jul 3, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly the response one would expect from a scummy POS gutter-snipe like you.
Aren't you supposed to go in and see your parole officer today?

You best not be late.

Boggy Creek

#5231 Jul 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should you be allowed to sell firearms to people who don't know from Adam?
Why should people who are 21 years old be forced to show their ID when they buy booze?
I don't sell firearms......EVER.

I have NEVER wanted a drink so bad that I'd be willing to show ID to get it. If carded I've ALWAYS left my intended purchase on the counter and walked out. I'll purchase my alcoholic beverages from someone who has enough common sense to know that I am well over 21, free, and within my rights. Just try to FORCE me to show ID for a beer and see what happens.

Boggy Creek

#5232 Jul 3, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to be implying that semantics alone, of the meaning of a single word defined during the day of it's usage, determine constitutionality. Is this true?
For example, use of the word "infringed" in the 2nd would make any infringment on the 2nd unconst.
Yes it did, yes it does, and yes it always will. The meaning of the word hasn't changed. What has changed is the number of spineless idiots like you who are willing to sacrifice the rights of all law abiding citizens for a false sense of personal security.

Boggy Creek

#5233 Jul 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't sell firearms.......EVER.

Boggy Creek

#5234 Jul 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you supposed to go in and see your parole officer today?
You best not be late.
Exactly the response one would expect from a scummy POS gutter-snipe like you.
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#5235 Jul 3, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it did, yes it does, and yes it always will. The meaning of the word hasn't changed. What has changed is the number of spineless idiots like you who are willing to sacrifice the rights of all law abiding citizens for a false sense of personal security.
What if the meaning of the word had changed to mean, as Scilia said, something to the effect of, it means some limits can be placed on the right. Would that be constitutional?

Location hidden

#5236 Jul 3, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I don't sell firearms......EVER.
Then maybe you should stop demanding you have the "right" to sell them to anyone you please.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#5237 Jul 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, yes he does. So do I. So do you. My question is, why do liberals have to constantly name call during plain old conversation? Is it because liberals are just immature about everything?
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#5238 Jul 3, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I don't sell firearms.......EVER.
But you do have the constitutional right to sell them, if you want to.
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#5239 Jul 3, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I don't sell firearms......EVER.
I have NEVER wanted a drink so bad that I'd be willing to show ID to get it. If carded I've ALWAYS left my intended purchase on the counter and walked out. I'll purchase my alcoholic beverages from someone who has enough common sense to know that I am well over 21, free, and within my rights. Just try to FORCE me to show ID for a beer and see what happens.
Put the shoe on the other foot. What if you went into a bar for a beer and the owner refused to allow you service until you gave him a credit card for him to verify. I'm quite sure you call him vile names and such, but isn't he within his constitutional rights to deny you service until you comply with his demands?
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#5240 Jul 3, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is that stated in the const.?
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#5241 Jul 3, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, yes he does. So do I. So do you. My question is, why do liberals have to constantly name call during plain old conversation? Is it because liberals are just immature about everything?
You callin' Squach a liberal. Shame, shame.

Boggy Creek

#5242 Jul 3, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then maybe you should stop demanding you have the "right" to sell them to anyone you please.
I'm not (even though it's unnecessary government interference of free trade), I'm demanding my right to BUY firearms without being monitored and harassed by government.

Boggy Creek

#5243 Jul 3, 2013
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do. However, I don't acquire them to sell, I acquire them for my use and enjoyment. My collection is not a very large one but it is diverse.
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#5244 Jul 3, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not (even though it's unnecessary government interference of free trade), I'm demanding my right to BUY firearms without being monitored and harassed by government.
I see you only want to talk about your version of constitutionality. Avoiding the real issues.
You, maurader and cafe, 3 peas outa the same pod.When things get tight, you run for the hills.

Gotta love it, your demands for selling arms are enumerated in the Brady bill. A bill that also puts limits on purchasing of guns. And there's not a damn legal thing you can do to stop get around the the two.

Boggy Creek

#5245 Jul 3, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>Put the shoe on the other foot. What if you went into a bar for a beer and the owner refused to allow you service until you gave him a credit card for him to verify. I'm quite sure you call him vile names and such, but isn't he within his constitutional rights to deny you service until you comply with his demands?
I don't even own a credit card. I only use credit to buy houses and cars. Anything else.....if I don't have the cash I wait 'til I do. I pay cash or we don't do business. Credit is for people who don't want, or aren't intelligent enough, to manage their money The barkeep is perfectly within his rights to refuse service to anyone he wishes just as I'm perfectly within my rights to tell him to pissoff and take my business elsewhere. Try again......

Boggy Creek

#5246 Jul 3, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>I see you only want to talk about your version of constitutionality. Avoiding the real issues.
You, maurader and cafe, 3 peas outa the same pod.When things get tight, you run for the hills.
Gotta love it, your demands for selling arms are enumerated in the Brady bill. A bill that also puts limits on purchasing of guns. And there's not a damn legal thing you can do to stop get around the the two.
No, you obviously don't see a damn thing. I'm not ignoring issues, I'm POINTING OUT ISSUES that you and your leftist bullshit create for law abiding citizens who have done nothing wrong. I'm not running anywhere, I'm right here in your face. Don't like it? Toughshit, it's still a free country and this is a public forum. You control nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Tue Rob M 6,893
Worse place I've ever lived (May '15) Aug 21 Guyedghi 63
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Aug 20 Skitedvju 627
News Bloomfield looks for ways to diversify economy Aug 14 Andrea 15
News Identity Inc. presents anti-hate crimes rally Aug 12 standings 2
News New detox center to open in Farmington Aug 9 Remi 8
Random Acts of Kindness (Jun '09) Jul 31 Trigger 4,951

Blanco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanco Mortgages