How do we protect kids in school?

How do we protect kids in school?

There are 6103 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jan 8, 2013, titled How do we protect kids in school?. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

During a newsroom discussion about guns about a decade ago, a woman piped up: "I don't understand what the big deal is.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#4175 Jun 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't work out for you, did it, spooge breath?
You made it work just fine. It fits you so well.

Boggy Creek

#4176 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
A practice field? For what? You're doing nothing but sitting online for hours each day, blathering inconsistently about nothing major. That's apart from all your tripe that has no basis in truth.......speaking of..........tell us again, oh practicing Topix warrior, about the FF and their slaves.
<quoted text>
You ARE the practice field dummy. You can't be expected to understand truth, historical fact, and complex ideas. So, tell us again about our unalienable individual right to life and the unalienable individual right to defend that life. If you and the government mandate restrictions that only the most primitive tools may be used to defend against the lawless who have all the modern tools (because they simply ignore your restrictions), how unalienable are those rights to life and self defense? Every child and teacher at Sandy Hook had first been practically alienated from those rights by a "gun free" zone. The adults present had no effective means to protect those children or defend themselves and it was mandated by law that they be defenseless. Will the police protect them? The police were called at Sandy Hook. How well did that work? Take your time. With your limited cognitive abilities I don't expect an answer right away.
RedSea

Tempe, AZ

#4177 Jun 18, 2013
At least you're referring to "unalienable" rather than "inalienable." Your fellow slackjaws can't figure out that one.
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You ARE the practice field dummy. You can't be expected to understand truth, historical fact, and complex ideas. So, tell us again about our unalienable individual right to life and the unalienable individual right to defend that life. If you and the government mandate restrictions that only the most primitive tools may be used to defend against the lawless who have all the modern tools (because they simply ignore your restrictions), how unalienable are those rights to life and self defense? Every child and teacher at Sandy Hook had first been practically alienated from those rights by a "gun free" zone. The adults present had no effective means to protect those children or defend themselves and it was mandated by law that they be defenseless. Will the police protect them? The police were called at Sandy Hook. How well did that work? Take your time. With your limited cognitive abilities I don't expect an answer right away.
RedSea

Tempe, AZ

#4178 Jun 18, 2013
And what agenda might that be?

If there are millions of you, how are you being threatened?

More people in America own more guns than ever in this country's history, yet the NRA has you knuckledraggers believing your freedoms are threatened.
ArmedPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if that were true...SO WHAT?
The NRA membership of 5 million is HARDLY all gun company employees, Brady.
There are more than 90 MILLION of us....all law abiding...far more than your sort will ever be. How we fund OUR political agenda isnt your concern, Bloomberg fan.

Boggy Creek

#4179 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
At least you're referring to "unalienable" rather than "inalienable." Your fellow slackjaws can't figure out that one.
<quoted text>
One can't help but notice that you prefer to denigrate fellow forum members rather than address the issues I raised. But heck, why change now eh? Changing your screen name must have used up all of the independent thought you can muster. That’s okay. I’ll wait while you check with “Big Brother” to ask how you should respond. Take your time…….
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#4180 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
More people in America own more guns than ever in this country's history, yet the NRA has you knuckledraggers believing your freedoms are threatened.
<quoted text>
The very REASON more people own more guns than ever is because Obama and his Democrat henchmen threaten our freedom. The two go hand in hand. If you don't understand that, you are simply too ignorant to effectively participate in the debate. Apparently, you learn nothing from history, either. It only took a small percentage of party members to wield total control over Nazi Germany. The liberal minority in this country is continuing to learn how to bastardize our government and court system in order to push the liberal agenda of eliminating liberty and nullifying the U.S. Constitution. Face it: It's what you malcontents do.
RedSea

Phoenix, AZ

#4181 Jun 18, 2013
Another slackjaw moment.

It matters not the REASON; if our freedoms were not intact, it would not be possible to own and purchase so many firearm's.
Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
The very REASON more people own more guns than ever is because Obama and his Democrat henchmen threaten our freedom. The two go hand in hand. If you don't understand that, you are simply too ignorant to effectively participate in the debate. Apparently, you learn nothing from history, either. It only took a small percentage of party members to wield total control over Nazi Germany. The liberal minority in this country is continuing to learn how to bastardize our government and court system in order to push the liberal agenda of eliminating liberty and nullifying the U.S. Constitution. Face it: It's what you malcontents do.
RedSea

Phoenix, AZ

#4182 Jun 18, 2013
Pardon me if I don't take you seriously. That's what happens when you're a liar, and it's been proven you are.
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>One can't help but notice that you prefer to denigrate fellow forum members rather than address the issues I raised. But heck, why change now eh? Changing your screen name must have used up all of the independent thought you can muster. That’s okay. I’ll wait while you check with “Big Brother” to ask how you should respond. Take your time…….

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4183 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
Another slackjaw moment.
It matters not the REASON; if our freedoms were not intact, it would not be possible to own and purchase so many firearm's.
<quoted text>
If our freedoms WERE intact, I would not have to prove my innocence every time I went to purchase a gun from a licensed dealer.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4184 Jun 18, 2013
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
How pathetic are you? What I teach my child is this.
You are a bigot.

What a shame it is you have access to any child.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4185 Jun 18, 2013
Pathetic wrote:
How pathetic are you?
Missed, looking at another quote(r).

Mia culpa.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#4186 Jun 18, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
If our freedoms WERE intact, I would not have to prove my innocence every time I went to purchase a gun from a licensed dealer.
Hear hear!
RedSea

Phoenix, AZ

#4187 Jun 18, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Has that prevented you from owning any firearm you want?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4188 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
<quoted text>
You can bitch about one little letter out of place and think you have done something wonderful and admirable by being an ass and not engaging in this civil debate with any sense of purpose other than to continually bash other folks.
The truth is, in the case of "IN" -v- "UN" makes no difference in the real world. Depending upon what dictionary, including law dictionaries, one looks at, many say the two are interchangable, and some say the exact opposite of what you claim from your blog link.
So, either way, in reality on the street, what you will find are people who still believe their natural born rights to self defense is instilled in them so deep in their psychi as to make it a moot point. They will shoot your dumb ass if you attempt to relieve them of their arms, even if you hold yourself to be correct in your spelling lesson.
You spell it any way you wish sir. The point here is that we come to be in possession of our rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness simply by being born a mammal, human, on this planet. This eventually will be settled in the streets as apparently that is your goal. Be careful what you wish for sir.
So take your spelling lesson and your crayons and put them right here> (_._)

Location hidden

#4189 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
A practice field? For what? You're doing nothing but sitting online for hours each day, blathering inconsistently about nothing major.
<quoted text>
Makes one wonder why >YOU< are here too huh.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

#4190 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
<quoted text>
It has me. I was going to buy a rifle I wanted and was told that the wait times for the telephone based background check would be over an hour, and most likely an hour and a half. I had to get home to meet my son at his bus stop, as he was in kindergarten or maybe first grade and shouldn't come home to an empty house, so I didn't have the time to wait.

I had to choose between meeting my son at the bus stop, or making a lawful purchase at a retailer 40 miles from home. I had to pass on the purchase. I lost the opportunity to make the lawful purchase because I had to wait to prove my innocence, and the store lost the opportunity to sell me the rifle and make a profit from it, entirely due to government interference in lawful trade.

Location hidden

#4191 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really think and believe that it is the NRA that has my fellow countrymen thinking that their natural born rights are being threatened, well then you ARE a fcuking idiot - sir !

Location hidden

#4192 Jun 18, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO !

Location hidden

#4193 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute.
You think yourself clever I take it.

Like I told ya kid, they're on to your game.
<smile>

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#4194 Jun 18, 2013
RedSea wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevent. Any extra hoops I have to jump through in order to exercise a right IS an infringement of that right. And me having to prove my innocence without being charged with a crime IS unconstitutional (no due process).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Teen faces murder charge (May '10) Sep 5 Daughter of Ben 95
News Ousted Navajo Head Start leader alleges harassment Sep 3 User 2
SJC Fair Aug 27 Biker 5
A New Motorcycle Club running aroung?? (Jan '10) Aug '17 Riley 25
Sunny Aug '17 Kidd Rockk 1
News DMV experience a painful one (Oct '10) Aug '17 Blinded by the ugly 86
Redburn tires Aug '17 Faker 2

Blanco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance