Who still takes global warming seriou...

Who still takes global warming seriously?

There are 30922 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Who still takes global warming seriously?. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31914 Apr 8, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're basically saying that because we can't find mitigation efforts that work, then why even try? Based in what you just said, unless it's proven 100% before attempting mitigation, then such activities are a no-go. Right? Wrong, recognize there is a problem, take real-word measurements that define it, and then attempt mitigation, rinse and repeat.
If he's serious at all. Most likely he realizes that he can derail or bog down ANY discussion of warming by introducing his posts opposing "warming mitigation" and suggesting that since there's supposedly no "experimental evidence supporting mitigation" that therefore the whole thing's a "hoax."

I once thought he was serious and just obsessive, but I've come to believe he's a troll who does this deliberately. It's such a pervasive pattern with him.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31915 Apr 8, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
You want him to lose his job?
"lyin' brian" broached:
.....cause tomorrow we die.
//////////
litesong wrote:
'lyin' brian' doesn't need to worry about its retirement package, since it is dying tomorrow.

Yes, that is the philosophy of 'lyin' brian'. Such a philosophy allows "lyin' brian" to be a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener. Such a philosophy allowed "lyin' brian", NOT to have science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa & no science & mathematics degrees. It allowed "lyin' brian" to make purposeful "lyin' brian" errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31916 Apr 8, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]I'd recommend holding off......[/QUOTE]

"lyin' brian" also broached:
.....cause tomorrow we die.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Yes, that is the philosophy of 'lyin' brian'. Such a philosophy allows "lyin' brian" to be a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener. Such a philosophy allowed "lyin' brian", NOT to have science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa & no science & mathematics degrees. It allowed "lyin' brian" to make purposeful "lyin' brian" errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31918 Apr 8, 2013
Trends and variability of seasonal weather regimes

Mathieu Vrac*,
Pradeebane Vaittinada Ayar,
Pascal Yiou

Article first published online: 8 APR 2013

DOI: 10.1002/joc.3700

ABSTRACT

Seasons and seasonality are the main properties of extra-tropical climate that affect ecosystems and society. For example, agriculture, tourism, energy consumption or ecosystem phenology are primarily dependent on seasonality and on the magnitude of the meteorological events associated within each season. Changes in the seasonality of variables like surface temperature during the last decades have been widely investigated but seasonal changes of the weather have received less quantification. This paper redefines the concept of seasonality based on the extra-tropical atmospheric circulation, and on the notion that it can drive the evolution of temperature. We find that summer-like atmospheric conditions have appeared earlier and ended later since 1948. Conversely, the period with winter patterns has reduced over that period. The temperatures associated with weather patterns allow to identify the sources of temperature trends. Copyright © 2013 Royal Meteorological Society

-International Journal of Climatology

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#31919 Apr 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's serious at all. Most likely he realizes that he can derail or bog down ANY discussion of warming by introducing his posts opposing "warming mitigation" and suggesting that since there's supposedly no "experimental evidence supporting mitigation" that therefore the whole thing's a "hoax."
I once thought he was serious and just obsessive, but I've come to believe he's a troll who does this deliberately. It's such a pervasive pattern with him.
You should hear his spiels against gay marriage, and that is kind of what led me here was after seeing all his BS posted online. Quite an industrious troll.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31920 Apr 9, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
You should hear his spiels against gay marriage, and that is kind of what led me here was after seeing all his BS posted online. Quite an industrious troll.
I don't "get" to see many of his other political posts, but I'm sure they're entertaining, too...:)
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31921 Apr 9, 2013
From the thread, "Once slow-moving threat, global warming leaves little...."

Or what I like to call "Brain_G gets hoisted by his own petard".

Brian_G wrote:
Using fossil fuel helps free ancient carbon back into the atmosphere where it can do some good. Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling; the well known ice age climate scenario.
We've always adapted to climate change. Don't panic.

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, Brain!

I thought you said climate change mitigation was a hoax. In fact, you've said it a thousand times.

So what is this? "Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling...."

With that logic, and a few of your own words, we say, "Removing carbon dioxide from the air helps mitigate climate change against global warming."

Care to dispute that?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31922 Apr 9, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
From the thread, "Once slow-moving threat, global warming leaves little...."
Or what I like to call "Brain_G gets hoisted by his own petard".
Brian_G wrote:
Using fossil fuel helps free ancient carbon back into the atmosphere where it can do some good. Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling; the well known ice age climate scenario.
We've always adapted to climate change. Don't panic.
Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, Brain!
I thought you said climate change mitigation was a hoax. In fact, you've said it a thousand times.
So what is this? "Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling...."
With that logic, and a few of your own words, we say, "Removing carbon dioxide from the air helps mitigate climate change against global warming."
Care to dispute that?
Mitigation is a flexible concept for Brainless. It's a one-way street, too. We can mitigate "cooling," an imaginary problem, but we are utterly incapable of mitigating warming, which is actually taking place.

The sort of arguments you'd expect from a gormless idiot and troll like him, I guess...:)
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#31923 Apr 9, 2013
The falseness of this "global warming" bull became abundantly obvious with the formation of so-called "carbon credit" exchanges and the fact that proponents stand to make BILLIONS on trading.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31924 Apr 9, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
The falseness of this "global warming" bull became abundantly obvious with the formation of so-called "carbon credit" exchanges and the fact that proponents stand to make BILLIONS on trading.
Wait .. what do you suggest?

Remember there's no free AGW/CC .. we pay now, we pay more later.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31925 Apr 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitigation is a flexible concept for Brainless. It's a one-way street, too. We can mitigate "cooling," an imaginary problem, but we are utterly incapable of mitigating warming, which is actually taking place.
The sort of arguments you'd expect from a gormless idiot and troll like him, I guess...:)
Still, he said it. I'm waiting to hear his response to my observation.

Maybe, just maybe, he did an experiment!?!?!?
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31926 Apr 9, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitigation is a flexible concept for Brainless. It's a one-way street, too. We can mitigate "cooling," an imaginary problem, but we are utterly incapable of mitigating warming, which is actually taking place.
The sort of arguments you'd expect from a gormless idiot and troll like him, I guess...:)
No, he's not allowed to be flexible. I want him to be as inflexible as he always is, with his mitty-gay-shun.

This has been his theme, his meme, and his team. I want him to be accountable. And you should too.

He slipped up? Sorry. I want you, me, and every realist on this thread and any other to constantly remind him in the future that he said, "Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling....". Because, if that's true (and he's never said anything truer), then the opposite also has to be true, that removing or lessening CO2 in the air will mitigate the effects of global warming.

I'm working on getting him fired. This may do it. His handlers may be tearing up his contract even now.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31927 Apr 9, 2013
(Reuters)- Air pollution is an underestimated scourge that kills far more people than AIDS and malaria and a shift to cleaner energy could easily halve the toll by 2030, U.N. officials said on Tuesday.

Investments in solar, wind or hydropower would benefit both human health and a drive by almost 200 nations to slow climate change, blamed mainly on a build-up of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere from use of fossil fuels, they said.

Most victims from indoor pollution, caused by wood fires and primitive stoves in developing nations, were women and children.

He suggested that new U.N. energy goals for 2030 should include halving the number of premature deaths caused by indoor and outdoor pollution.

A 2012 World Health Organization (WHO) study found that 3.5 million people die early annually from indoor air pollution and 3.3 million from outdoor air pollution. Toxic particles shorten lives by causing diseases such as pneumonia or cancer.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31928 Apr 9, 2013
(Reuters)- First Solar shares logged their biggest ever one-day jump on Tuesday after the company said revenue and earnings for the next three years would be well above most Wall Street estimates and announced that it would acquire a new solar technology.

The 45 percent jump in First Solar's stock was reminiscent of the company's, and the broader solar industry's, high-flying stock gains from late in the last decade.


First Solar and its fellow panel manufacturers were Wall Street darlings before a surge in Chinese production and reduction in generous government incentive programs in Europe created a global glut of solar panels that over the last two years sent prices into a tailspin and erased profits in the fast-growing industry.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31929 Apr 10, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
The falseness of this "global warming" bull became abundantly obvious with the formation of so-called "carbon credit" exchanges and the fact that proponents stand to make BILLIONS on trading.
Typically, you confuse politics and economics with science. Neither of the two things you mention have anything to do with global warming's credibility as science.

Why would you be against people making money in trading ANYWAY? You're a right-wing capitalist, aren't you? You're not a....SECRET COMMIE, are you? LOL

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31930 Apr 10, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he's not allowed to be flexible. I want him to be as inflexible as he always is, with his mitty-gay-shun.
This has been his theme, his meme, and his team. I want him to be accountable. And you should too.
He slipped up? Sorry. I want you, me, and every realist on this thread and any other to constantly remind him in the future that he said, "Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling....". Because, if that's true (and he's never said anything truer), then the opposite also has to be true, that removing or lessening CO2 in the air will mitigate the effects of global warming.
I'm working on getting him fired. This may do it. His handlers may be tearing up his contract even now.
You're a harsh opponent...do they FIRE trolls?:)

Since: Apr 13

Pittsburgh, PA

#31931 Apr 10, 2013
Put it this way. Why are 30000 plus scientists and even the guy that made the weather channel want to sue al gore? And no1s allowed to talk about it on mainstream media
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31932 Apr 10, 2013
[QUOTE who="toolate&illadviz ed"] Why are 30000 plus scientists and even the guy that made the weather channel.......[/QUOTE]

......... because 30000 plus scientists weren't, as well as the survey wasn't. Actors on TV play doctors. Also, a fella on TV plays at science.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31933 Apr 10, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
From the thread, "Once slow-moving threat, global warming leaves little...."
Or what I like to call "Brain_G gets hoisted by his own petard".
Brian_G wrote: Using fossil fuel helps free ancient carbon back into the atmosphere where it can do some good. Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling; the well known ice age climate scenario. We've always adapted to climate change. Don't panic. Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, Brain!
I usually write first: "If man made greenhouse gas emissions effect climate;" I'm not convinced they do. This is just a wild idea I've shared, not original but full of truth. Without experiment, I can't say that the ice age mitigation theory is true.

At least, evidence of ice age exists but no evidence of a man made global warming catastrophe.

.
gcaveman1 wrote:
I thought you said climate change mitigation was a hoax. In fact, you've said it a thousand times. So what is this? "Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling...."
It is a hoax, you have exactly the same experimental evidence for my theory as for man made global warming theory.

.
gcaveman1 wrote:
With that logic, and a few of your own words, we say, "Removing carbon dioxide from the air helps mitigate climate change against global warming." Care to dispute that?
I dispute the value of climate change mitigation. My wild theory isn't science, I have no more evidence than gcaveman has for his pet theory.

Climate change mitigation isn't a hoax because of some theoretical aspect, it's a hoax because it hasn't been tried and tested.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31934 Apr 10, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Mitigation is a flexible concept for Brainless. It's a one-way street, too. We can mitigate "cooling," an imaginary problem, but we are utterly incapable of mitigating warming, which is actually taking place. The sort of arguments you'd expect from a gormless idiot and troll like him, I guess...:)
We can't mitigate cooling or warming in an experimental test; that's how you can tell it's a hoax.

I'm wary of the climate change mitigation involving new taxes, government spending, new intrusive regulation and international treaty. At least on treaties, we've got their names.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody remember SADIE’S??? Tue Shorty Nez 2
coaching change at pvhs May 29 SO SAD 1
News Real estate company ranks Farmington second bes... (Mar '14) May 21 Hmm 12
News 10 Commandments monument in New Mexico moving o... (Oct '17) May '18 jimpeel 6
News May 10 Morning Rush: New Mexican women accused... May '18 The Question 1
News Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... (Aug '14) May '18 Largosmokey 9
Fast and Slow Lane (Oct '11) Apr '18 Bbb 39

Blanco Jobs

Personal Finance

Blanco Mortgages