Who still takes global warming seriou...

Who still takes global warming seriously?

There are 30932 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Who still takes global warming seriously?. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31904 Apr 5, 2013
Prediction is descriptive science, mitigation isn't, it requires experiments to verify theory. You can't verify a prediction in advance of the event but you can verify a policy, procedure or device with experiments.

If you can find a compelling experiment for climate change mitigation, please post. I haven't found any, that's why I believe climate change mitigation is a hoax.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#31905 Apr 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Prediction is descriptive science, mitigation isn't, it requires experiments to verify theory. You can't verify a prediction in advance of the event but you can verify a policy, procedure or device with experiments.
If you can find a compelling experiment for climate change mitigation, please post. I haven't found any, that's why I believe climate change mitigation is a hoax.
So you're basically saying that because we can't find mitigation efforts that work, then why even try? Based in what you just said, unless it's proven 100% before attempting mitigation, then such activities are a no-go. Right? Wrong, recognize there is a problem, take real-word measurements that define it, and then attempt mitigation, rinse and repeat.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31906 Apr 6, 2013
brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver wrote:
tha Professor has lost track of this thread.....
With errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES, "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" never had a track on anything scientific.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31907 Apr 6, 2013
josh in need of education wrote:
I did not say that science "is as low down guilty".
josh in need of education wrote:
A climate alarmist is as guilty of unscientific thought as is a complete denier.
//////////
litesong wrote:
If an AGW scientist says something that slimy toxic AGW deniers don't like, that scientist becomes an AGW alarmist to slimy toxic AGW deniers.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31908 Apr 7, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're basically saying that because we can't find mitigation efforts that work, then why even try? Based in what you just said, unless it's proven 100% before attempting mitigation, then such activities are a no-go. Right? Wrong, recognize there is a problem, take real-word measurements that define it, and then attempt mitigation, rinse and repeat.
He is saying that since mitigation is a hoax, AGW/climate change is a hoax.

He rejects all the science in his quest for an experiment. He has been shown experiments, data, observations...all kinds of evidence. But a denier can't be convinced, especially a paid one.

You want him to lose his job?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#31909 Apr 7, 2013
So you're basically saying that because we can't find mitigation efforts that work, then why even try?
I'd recommend holding off until they've done the experimental work; that's my plan. You may do whatever you wish, nobody is stopping you from sequestering carbon from the atmosphere and I'll thank you not taxing my energy and fuel use.

Based in what you just said, unless it's proven 100% before attempting mitigation, then such activities are a no-go. Right?
Again, you may do whatever you please. Don't you have enough research institutions and universities to do the experimental work? Don't blame me for your failures. I don't believe man made CO2 is significant to climate but if you want to prove me wrong, go ahead and show the peer reviewed experimental data.

Wrong, recognize there is a problem, take real-word measurements that define it, and then attempt mitigation, rinse and repeat.
Say no to superstition and irrationality. Don't buy a pig in a poke. If there are no experimental results to point at and say, this is what we must do and that is how it will work, wait.

We've always adapted to climate change, why switch resources to climate change mitigation now?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31910 Apr 7, 2013
Denier hoax is to treat climate science as foreign.

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#31911 Apr 7, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Denier hoax is to treat climate science as foreign.
Thanks for the info. I think you might have misinterpreted me earlier.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31912 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info. I think you might have misinterpreted me earlier.
You are welcome.

No, I did not misinterpret your posts earlier. As we agreed, I don't know you.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31913 Apr 8, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>tha Professor has lost track of this thread, it's based on a letter to the editor of the Daily Times that chasisties [sic] government for the bad policy of climate change mitigation. I'll quote the letter here:
...EDITED....Go back to page one if you think this thread has nothing to do with climate change mitigation. I thought we were passed [sic] that, but tha Professor needs a review.
<quoted text>^^^If you can't keep up, you can always call your opponents names like "troll". It's not a rational response, but I understand if that's all they [sic] have.
In fact the letter, merely a starting point for the thread, spent MOST of its time ranting about whether warming is real, whether it's human-caused, and what the "climategate" e-mails meant in terms of a consensus about warming. It's a political post and as the title suggests, it implies that warming ITSELF cannot be taken seriously.

I'm not sure how you managaged to get the subject of the letter (and therefore the thread) SO wrong, but you did. I suspect that you merely distorted the issue to justify your unending blather about "global warming mitigation," virtually your ONLY subject of posting no matter WHICH thread you post on.

I've dismissed you as a troll because you ARE one. You have one subject, you rail about it ad nauseam and ad infinitum, and you constantly try to threadjack discussions which don't involve "mitigation." That's trollish behavior whether you like it or not, and trying to prject the blame onto me only further illustrates your own disingenuity and dishonesty.

Dismissed.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31914 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
If he's serious at all. Most likely he realizes that he can derail or bog down ANY discussion of warming by introducing his posts opposing "warming mitigation" and suggesting that since there's supposedly no "experimental evidence supporting mitigation" that therefore the whole thing's a "hoax."

I once thought he was serious and just obsessive, but I've come to believe he's a troll who does this deliberately. It's such a pervasive pattern with him.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31915 Apr 8, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
You want him to lose his job?
"lyin' brian" broached:
.....cause tomorrow we die.
//////////
litesong wrote:
'lyin' brian' doesn't need to worry about its retirement package, since it is dying tomorrow.

Yes, that is the philosophy of 'lyin' brian'. Such a philosophy allows "lyin' brian" to be a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener. Such a philosophy allowed "lyin' brian", NOT to have science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa & no science & mathematics degrees. It allowed "lyin' brian" to make purposeful "lyin' brian" errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#31916 Apr 8, 2013
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]I'd recommend holding off......[/QUOTE]

"lyin' brian" also broached:
.....cause tomorrow we die.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Yes, that is the philosophy of 'lyin' brian'. Such a philosophy allows "lyin' brian" to be a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AND 4-time alleged & 4-time proud threatener. Such a philosophy allowed "lyin' brian", NOT to have science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa & no science & mathematics degrees. It allowed "lyin' brian" to make purposeful "lyin' brian" errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES & 73 million TIMES.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31918 Apr 8, 2013
Trends and variability of seasonal weather regimes

Mathieu Vrac*,
Pradeebane Vaittinada Ayar,
Pascal Yiou

Article first published online: 8 APR 2013

DOI: 10.1002/joc.3700

ABSTRACT

Seasons and seasonality are the main properties of extra-tropical climate that affect ecosystems and society. For example, agriculture, tourism, energy consumption or ecosystem phenology are primarily dependent on seasonality and on the magnitude of the meteorological events associated within each season. Changes in the seasonality of variables like surface temperature during the last decades have been widely investigated but seasonal changes of the weather have received less quantification. This paper redefines the concept of seasonality based on the extra-tropical atmospheric circulation, and on the notion that it can drive the evolution of temperature. We find that summer-like atmospheric conditions have appeared earlier and ended later since 1948. Conversely, the period with winter patterns has reduced over that period. The temperatures associated with weather patterns allow to identify the sources of temperature trends. Copyright © 2013 Royal Meteorological Society

-International Journal of Climatology

“Live and let live”

New Orleans

#31919 Apr 8, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's serious at all. Most likely he realizes that he can derail or bog down ANY discussion of warming by introducing his posts opposing "warming mitigation" and suggesting that since there's supposedly no "experimental evidence supporting mitigation" that therefore the whole thing's a "hoax."
I once thought he was serious and just obsessive, but I've come to believe he's a troll who does this deliberately. It's such a pervasive pattern with him.
You should hear his spiels against gay marriage, and that is kind of what led me here was after seeing all his BS posted online. Quite an industrious troll.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31920 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
You should hear his spiels against gay marriage, and that is kind of what led me here was after seeing all his BS posted online. Quite an industrious troll.
I don't "get" to see many of his other political posts, but I'm sure they're entertaining, too...:)
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#31921 Apr 9, 2013
From the thread, "Once slow-moving threat, global warming leaves little...."

Or what I like to call "Brain_G gets hoisted by his own petard".

Brian_G wrote:
Using fossil fuel helps free ancient carbon back into the atmosphere where it can do some good. Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling; the well known ice age climate scenario.
We've always adapted to climate change. Don't panic.

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, Brain!

I thought you said climate change mitigation was a hoax. In fact, you've said it a thousand times.

So what is this? "Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling...."

With that logic, and a few of your own words, we say, "Removing carbon dioxide from the air helps mitigate climate change against global warming."

Care to dispute that?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#31922 Apr 9, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
From the thread, "Once slow-moving threat, global warming leaves little...."
Or what I like to call "Brain_G gets hoisted by his own petard".
Brian_G wrote:
Using fossil fuel helps free ancient carbon back into the atmosphere where it can do some good. Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling; the well known ice age climate scenario.
We've always adapted to climate change. Don't panic.
Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, Brain!
I thought you said climate change mitigation was a hoax. In fact, you've said it a thousand times.
So what is this? "Freeing carbon dioxide into the air helps mitigate climate change against global cooling...."
With that logic, and a few of your own words, we say, "Removing carbon dioxide from the air helps mitigate climate change against global warming."
Care to dispute that?
Mitigation is a flexible concept for Brainless. It's a one-way street, too. We can mitigate "cooling," an imaginary problem, but we are utterly incapable of mitigating warming, which is actually taking place.

The sort of arguments you'd expect from a gormless idiot and troll like him, I guess...:)
Say the Truth

Ann Arbor, MI

#31923 Apr 9, 2013
The falseness of this "global warming" bull became abundantly obvious with the formation of so-called "carbon credit" exchanges and the fact that proponents stand to make BILLIONS on trading.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31924 Apr 9, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
The falseness of this "global warming" bull became abundantly obvious with the formation of so-called "carbon credit" exchanges and the fact that proponents stand to make BILLIONS on trading.
Wait .. what do you suggest?

Remember there's no free AGW/CC .. we pay now, we pay more later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 6 hr Lofty 6,879
Interest in Pro Wrestling in Farmington? Jul 20 TryHarder 6
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Jul 14 Wsuokgdrkhfc 619
Looking for Good DWI Attorney in Farmington N.M. Jul 14 I see now 4
News New detox center to open in Farmington Jul 7 Osama 7
Worse place I've ever lived (May '15) Jul 5 Herb 62
Farmington Racism-Part One (Dec '11) Jul 5 Herb 146

Blanco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanco Mortgages