Who still takes global warming seriously?

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov. Full Story

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#30903 Jan 14, 2013
PHD wrote:
No reason to fabricate stuff up because global warming is all about the money.
Correction: The global warming misinformation machine -- essentially funded by oil, coal, and utility companies -- is all about the money.

Several skeptical scientists-Fred Singer, Fred Seitz and Patrick Michaels-have been linked to organizations funded by ExxonMobil and Philip Morris for the purpose of promoting global warming skepticism Similarly, groups employing global warming skeptics, such as the George C. Marshall Institute, have been criticized for their ties to fossil fuel companies.

the Intermountain Rural Electric Association (an energy cooperative that draws a significant portion of its electricity from coal-burning plants) donated $100,000 to Patrick Michaels and his group, New Hope Environmental Services, and solicited additional private donations from its members.

The Union of Concerned Scientists have produced a report titled 'Smoke, Mirrors & Hot Air'that criticizes ExxonMobil for "underwriting the most sophisticated and most successful disinformation campaign since the tobacco industry" and for "funnelling about $16 million between 1998 and 2005 to a network of ideological and advocacy organizations that manufacture uncertainty on the issue."

The Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, a skeptic group, when confronted about the funding of a video they put together ($250,000 for "The Greening of Planet Earth" from an oil company) stated, "We applaud Western Fuels for their willingness to publicize a side of the story that we believe to be far more correct than what at one time was 'generally accepted.'

++++++++++

If it were for money, climatologists would have rushed to make the George Bush administration happy.(You DO realize the President appoints almost all the heads of federal agencies. Only a small number of agencies report to Congress, instead of the President.)

Political pressure on scientists
Many climate scientists state that they are put under enormous pressure to distort or hide any scientific results which suggest that human activity is to blame for global warming. A survey of climate scientists which was reported to the US House Oversight and Government Reform Committee noted that "Nearly half of all respondents perceived or personally experienced pressure to eliminate the words 'climate change','global warming' or other similar terms from a variety of communications." These scientists were pressured to tailor their reports on global warming to fit the Bush administration's climate change scepticism. In some cases, this occurred at the request of a former oil-industry lobbyist.[196] In June 2008, a report by NASA's Office of the Inspector General concluded that NASA staff appointed by the White House had censored and suppressed scientific data on global warming in order to protect the Bush administration from controversy close to the 2004 presidential election.[197]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_c...

So, yeah -- we can follow the money. I suspect it is not what your FOX pundits are telling you, am I right?
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#30904 Jan 14, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
Obvious he is trying to hide the fact he has NO science background or understanding -- and doesn't care.
At least, 4 toxic topix AGW deniers have no hi skule deegreee. Many more toxic topix AGW deniers have no upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in their hi skule deegreee. Few have college degree. Only a couple of occasional posters(not posted in AGW forums for a year) STATED they have degrees in science or mathematics. The poster named PhD has nothing, but HAS earned the accurate name,'phud fetid feces face'.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#30905 Jan 14, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
Correction: The global warming misinformation machine -- essentially funded by oil, coal, and utility companies -- is all about the money.
Several skeptical scientists-Fred Singer, Fred Seitz and Patrick Michaels-have been linked to organizations funded by ExxonMobil and Philip Morris for the purpose of promoting global warming skepticism Similarly, groups employing global warming skeptics, such as the George C. Marshall Institute, have been criticized for their ties to fossil fuel companies.
Do you have affiliation with Wallops Island NASA?
GeneLuna

Riverside, CA

#30906 Jan 14, 2013
It's been so cold lately, I wonder if I can burn my carbon credits to keep warm!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#30907 Jan 14, 2013
GeneLuna wrote:
It's been so cold lately, I wonder if I can burn my carbon credits to keep warm!
AGW adds extra energy to the biosphere, which allows Arctic cold masses to be driven out of the North Pole region, with greater emphasis. Yeah, you're right. AGW causes cold weather temperature records. Already in 2013, Arctic cold air masses have been driven south to China & even to India, setting cold weather records. Lately, Arctic cold has been driven south to north of Hudson Bay, which temporarily trapped the Killer Whales.
ObamaSUX

Calgary, Canada

#30908 Jan 15, 2013
factologist wrote:
<quoted text>I'll tell you how that works out, you idiot. A heat sink is a conductor of heat whereas a blanket is an insulator, you moron. The heat sink conducts heat away from the chip into the surrounding air much easier than the chip can, you stupid moron. A blanket, being an insulator, would insulate the chip from the surrounding air and prevent it from loosing heat.
You are truly stupid about heat!
OMG you are astoundingly STUPID!

Do you know what EMISSIVITY is, you IDIOT??

Emissivity equals the efficiency with which a material can absorb and radiate energy.

The MAXIMUM possible value for Emissivity is 1.

Now I will REPEAT my previous link that you are too CLUELESS to understand.

Human body emission

“The total surface area of an adult is about 2 m^2, and the mid- and far-infrared EMISSIVITY of skin and MOST CLOTHING is near UNITY, as it is for most nonmetallic surfaces.Skin temperature is about 33 deg C, but CLOTHING REDUCES THE SURFACE TEMPERATURE to about 28 deg C when the ambient temperature is 20 deg C. Hence, the net radiative heat loss is about Pnet = 100 W.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-body_radia...

Do you see "EMISSIVITY of skin and MOST CLOTHING is near UNITY", you IDIOT?

That means your "blanket" is a VERY GOOD ABSORBER and RADIATOR of HEAT, DUMBASS.

For efficient RADIATIVE HEAT dissipation all you need to do is INCREASE the "Radiative Surface Area" of an object by using a "Heat Sink" with a high emissivity and the object's TEMPERATURE WILL DROP.

That is why the Body's Surface temperature DROPS from 33 deg C to 28 deg C when covered by clothing.
----------
It's simple Physics described by The Stefan-Boltzmann Law that you AGW CULT NUTS are too STUPID TO UNDERSTAND.

Example:

A microprocessor has to dissipate the it's internal Watts which causes the the microprocessor to heat up.

The microprocessor may have to dissipate say 10 watts of power over say a 0.01 m^2 surface area.

The surface temp of the Microprocessor can be calculated by the Stefan-Boltzmann Law.

Power/Area = Boltzmann's Constant X Temp^4
Temp^4 = 1000 w/m^2 / 5.67 X 10^-8 = 1.76 X 10^10
Temp = 364 K or 91 deg C

We want the Microprocessor to drop in temperature by placing a Heat Sink on it that will only be heated to 25 deg C or 298 K

A Heat Sink is initially at room temperature (20 deg C) and is placed on the Microprocessor so heat transfer by radiation is dominant.

The Heat Sink has to have a larger surface area and that can be calculated:
Power/Area = 5.67 X 10^-8 X 298^4 = 447 w/m^2
Area = 10 Watts/447 = 0.022 m^2

The Microprocessor and the Heat Sink will now operate at a temperature of 25 deg C.

There is A DROP in temperature for the Microprocessor from 91 deg C to 25 deg C.

Did the Heat Sink "trap" the Microprocessors heat radiation?....Of course NOT, you IDIOT!
-------
Heat Sink materials are chosen for their high emissivity.

A material that has a high emissivity will be efficient absorbers and emitters heat energy and produce the maximum amount of cooling.

The largest possible value for an emissivity is 1.

The atmosphere also increases the Radiating surface area of the Earth and can only COOL the Earth.

If CO2 is increased in the atmosphere, the emissivity of the atmosphere will also increase, making it a more efficient Heat-Sink.
--------
PS:

Any Luck finding:

- ANY Laws of Science that supports the Fantasy "Greenhouse Effect"?
- EVEN ONE Measurement, EVER DONE, that shows that a COLDER Atmosphere can HEAT UP a WARMER Earth?
- ANY IPCC Paper that supports your "Blanket Theory"?
- Any Measurement, EVER DONE, where a "Blanket" INCREASES THE TEMPERATURE of an object?

No? Gee, What a SHOCK!

You AGW CULT A-Holes are a real HOOT!
PHD

Overton, TX

#30909 Jan 15, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: The global warming misinformation machine -- essentially funded by oil, coal, and utility companies -- is all about the money.
Several skeptical scientists-Fred Singer, Fred Seitz and Patrick Michaels-have been linked to organizations funded by ExxonMobil and Philip Morris for the purpose of promoting global warming skepticism Similarly, groups employing global warming skeptics, such as the George C. Marshall Institute, have been criticized for their ties to fossil fuel companies.
the Intermountain Rural Electric Association (an energy cooperative that draws a significant portion of its electricity from coal-burning plants) donated $100,000 to Patrick Michaels and his group, New Hope Environmental Services, and solicited additional private donations from its members.
The Union of Concerned Scientists have produced a report titled 'Smoke, Mirrors & Hot Air'that criticizes ExxonMobil for "underwriting the most sophisticated and most successful disinformation campaign since the tobacco industry" and for "funnelling about $16 million between 1998 and 2005 to a network of ideological and advocacy organizations that manufacture uncertainty on the issue."
The Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change, a skeptic group, when confronted about the funding of a video they put together ($250,000 for "The Greening of Planet Earth" from an oil company) stated, "We applaud Western Fuels for their willingness to publicize a side of the story that we believe to be far more correct than what at one time was 'generally accepted.'
++++++++++
If it were for money, climatologists would have rushed to make the George Bush administration happy.(You DO realize the President appoints almost all the heads of federal agencies. Only a small number of agencies report to Congress, instead of the President.)
Political pressure on scientists
Many climate scientists state that they are put under enormous pressure to distort or hide any scientific results which suggest that human activity is to blame for global warming. A survey of climate scientists which was reported to the US House Oversight and Government Reform Committee noted that "Nearly half of all respondents perceived or personally experienced pressure to eliminate the words 'climate change','global warming' or other similar terms from a variety of communications." These scientists were pressured to tailor their reports on global warming to fit the Bush administration's climate change scepticism. In some cases, this occurred at the request of a former oil-industry lobbyist.[196] In June 2008, a report by NASA's Office of the Inspector General concluded that NASA staff appointed by the White House had censored and suppressed scientific data on global warming in order to protect the Bush administration from controversy close to the 2004 presidential election.[197]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_c...
So, yeah -- we can follow the money. I suspect it is not what your FOX pundits are telling you, am I right?
Sorry that would be the "pinheadlitesout" source of info. I pay no attention to main stream media. And yes follow the money.
PHD

Overton, TX

#30910 Jan 15, 2013
pinheadlitesout wrote:
<quoted text>
AGW adds extra energy to the biosphere, which allows Arctic cold masses to be driven out of the North Pole region, with greater emphasis. Yeah, you're right. AGW causes cold weather temperature records. Already in 2013, Arctic cold air masses have been driven south to China & even to India, setting cold weather records. Lately, Arctic cold has been driven south to north of Hudson Bay, which temporarily trapped the Killer Whales.
Will there ever be an end to your useless babble tainted with hate. Also did you get that check up from the neck up.?Do you remember that terrible car crash you were involved in?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#30911 Jan 15, 2013
Monday, 1/14/13:

Records were broken for the COLDEST high temperatures in 5 towns in New Mexico.

2 were tied, with one town not seeing high temps as cold since 1921.

The HIGH temp in Albuquerque, New Mexico was 28 degrees.

The National Weather Service has issued Hard Freeze warnings for SOUTHERN Arizona, right down to the Mexican border.

Global warming? I don't think so.
PHD

Overton, TX

#30912 Jan 15, 2013
That would be global cooling climate change. Stay tuned the "pinheadlitesout" will prove it's global warming cooling climate change with more cut and paste useless babble tainted with hate.
PHD

Overton, TX

#30913 Jan 15, 2013
ObamaSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you are astoundingly STUPID!
Do you know what EMISSIVITY is, you IDIOT??
Emissivity equals the efficiency with which a material can absorb and radiate energy.
The MAXIMUM possible value for Emissivity is 1.
Now I will REPEAT my previous link that you are too CLUELESS to understand.
Human body emission
“The total surface area of an adult is about 2 m^2, and the mid- and far-infrared EMISSIVITY of skin and MOST CLOTHING is near UNITY, as it is for most nonmetallic surfaces.Skin temperature is about 33 deg C, but CLOTHING REDUCES THE SURFACE TEMPERATURE to about 28 deg C when the ambient temperature is 20 deg C. Hence, the net radiative heat loss is about Pnet = 100 W.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-body_radia...
Do you see "EMISSIVITY of skin and MOST CLOTHING is near UNITY", you IDIOT?
That means your "blanket" is a VERY GOOD ABSORBER and RADIATOR of HEAT, DUMBASS.
For efficient RADIATIVE HEAT dissipation all you need to do is INCREASE the "Radiative Surface Area" of an object by using a "Heat Sink" with a high emissivity and the object's TEMPERATURE WILL DROP.
That is why the Body's Surface temperature DROPS from 33 deg C to 28 deg C when covered by clothing.
----------
It's simple Physics described by The Stefan-Boltzmann Law that you AGW CULT NUTS are too STUPID TO UNDERSTAND.
Example:
A microprocessor has to dissipate the it's internal Watts which causes the the microprocessor to heat up.
The microprocessor may have to dissipate say 10 watts of power over say a 0.01 m^2 surface area.
The surface temp of the Microprocessor can be calculated by the Stefan-Boltzmann Law.
Power/Area = Boltzmann's Constant X Temp^4
Temp^4 = 1000 w/m^2 / 5.67 X 10^-8 = 1.76 X 10^10
Temp = 364 K or 91 deg C
We want the Microprocessor to drop in temperature by placing a Heat Sink on it that will only be heated to 25 deg C or 298 K
A Heat Sink is initially at room temperature (20 deg C) and is placed on the Microprocessor so heat transfer by radiation is dominant.
The Heat Sink has to have a larger surface area and that can be calculated:
Power/Area = 5.67 X 10^-8 X 298^4 = 447 w/m^2
Area = 10 Watts/447 = 0.022 m^2
The Microprocessor and the Heat Sink will now operate at a temperature of 25 deg C.
There is A DROP in temperature for the Microprocessor from 91 deg C to 25 deg C.
Did the Heat Sink "trap" the Microprocessors heat radiation?....Of course NOT, you IDIOT!
-------
Heat Sink materials are chosen for their high emissivity.
A material that has a high emissivity will be efficient absorbers and emitters heat energy and produce the maximum amount of cooling.
The largest possible value for an emissivity is 1.
The atmosphere also increases the Radiating surface area of the Earth and can only COOL the Earth.
If CO2 is increased in the atmosphere, the emissivity of the atmosphere will also increase, making it a more efficient Heat-Sink.
--------
PS:
Any Luck finding:
- ANY Laws of Science that supports the Fantasy "Greenhouse Effect"?
- EVEN ONE Measurement, EVER DONE, that shows that a COLDER Atmosphere can HEAT UP a WARMER Earth?
- ANY IPCC Paper that supports your "Blanket Theory"?
- Any Measurement, EVER DONE, where a "Blanket" INCREASES THE TEMPERATURE of an object?
No? Gee, What a SHOCK!
You AGW CULT A-Holes are a real HOOT!
Is it a heated blanket?
PHD

Overton, TX

#30914 Jan 15, 2013
http://www.drroyspencer.com/2010/07/yes-virgi...

Read on cooler objects can heat warmer objects.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#30915 Jan 15, 2013
PHD wrote:
http://www.drroyspencer.com/20 10/07/yes-virginia-cooler-obje cts-can-make-warmer-objects-ev en-warmer-still/
Read on cooler objects can heat warmer objects.
very good! I'll bet old Gordnead will call you names.
PHD

Overton, TX

#30916 Jan 15, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
very good! I'll bet old Gordnead will call you names.
That would be the norm when you show the other side of the coin.
town idiot

Albuquerque, NM

#30917 Jan 15, 2013
TO EHLL WITH GLOBAL WORMING I GOTS TO GET MORE GUNS SOS WHEN THEM COME AND GET EM I GOT SOME!
PHD

Overton, TX

#30918 Jan 15, 2013
So if they come and get them than you have none.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30919 Jan 15, 2013
You have serious language flaws.
PHD

Overton, TX

#30920 Jan 15, 2013
You have serious intelligence flaws. You can't answer the question.
Anonymous

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#30921 Jan 15, 2013
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30922 Jan 15, 2013
There's no question to answer until you explain why you posted "2H, 3H, 4He,.. " re the Sun.

You also wrote today: "Did they measured"

QED: you can't learn because you have no brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... Fri Richies Cool Man ... 193
FPD Bored? Sep 18 MXMNCSGB 19
Doors likely to close at Four Winds Recovery Ce... Sep 17 bout time 1
Does Islam promote violence Sep 17 Nope 3
Bloomfield's insurer says lawsuits against city... Sep 16 lyndy 1
Four people face felonies in Cigarette Outlet r... Sep 16 profiling 1
Farmington residents asked to use boiled, bottl... Sep 14 Apple 1
•••
•••
Blanco Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Blanco Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Blanco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blanco News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blanco
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••