Jury clears Farmington, officer in Cl...

Jury clears Farmington, officer in Clint John's death

There are 567 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jun 5, 2009, titled Jury clears Farmington, officer in Clint John's death. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

A federal district court jury after 15 hours of deliberation exonerated Farmington police Officer Shawn Scott on Friday from claims he used excessive force when he shot and killed Clint John in the Wal-Mart parking lot in June 2006.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 29
Next Last
Firefly

Santa Fe, NM

#625 Jun 17, 2009
bleeding heart liberal wrote:
I personally don't feel my right to free speech was threatened by Saddam
Nor do I. If our country is taken over by certain governments, we may well have freedom of speech taken away.
Illegal wire-tapping and The Patriot Act, enacted by Congress and signed by Bush, and re-upped by the present Congress and Adm...cost me more rights and freedoms, than any foreign country...
Touche

“leaning left”

Since: Mar 09

local

#626 Jun 17, 2009
Firefly.....
Nor do I. If our country is taken over by certain governments, we may well have freedom of speech taken away.
Who in the heck do you think could take us over?
Firefly

Santa Fe, NM

#627 Jun 17, 2009
bleeding heart liberal wrote:
Firefly.....
Who in the heck do you think could take us over?
I don't think anyone could. But, I didn't think anyone would be able to attack us in our main borders, either. And, if we didn't have the military, was my thought...I think.
4Corners Driver

Los Alamos, NM

#628 Jun 21, 2009
Navajo Solider wrote:
Im currently serving my country and proud of it. Reading all these comments makes me wonder what goes through the mind of an average person,theres alot of hate here.:"Use of deadly force", when we are out on patrol, We have Rules Of Engagements to follow,now I was not there when all this happened,but we get shot at with AK-47's , RPG's,and alot of soliders get in trouble for firing back.With all due respect a intoxicated man with a baton really dont need to be killed, but thats just me talking. But reading all of this,all the insults and racist comments,its pretty sad.Im in a squad with many different races,white/black/red/yellow,a nd we all go in together,but is this what were putting our lives on the line for? Were in our early 20's, alot of you sound very well educated,but right now are sounding like little kids arguing over barbie dolls.Prayers to the family,both sides. I apologize to all who think were beggers,poor,looking for handouts,dirty and taking up tax dollars.Many of us served and many are still in service putting our lives on the line so you can practice your freedom of speech,you all have a good day
After skimming a lot of the posts and feeling very sick of the demented comments of people around Farmington, your post was a much needed read. Their posts incite hate and anger. Too bad we have such negativity and racism in Farmington - always has been here and probably always will be. Hopefully, more people can rise above.
mikayla

Fort Wainwright, AK

#630 Sep 23, 2013
You people are mean he was a good dad and I loved him it was sad that he died right there in front of me we did not deserved this and I am actually his daughter truly
x-and-o

United States

#631 Sep 23, 2013
mootacos wrote:
Too bad the verdict didn't go towards the John family. But maybe now this will be a lesson to Farmington Police officers to think twice before shooting. Maybe the police department should invest in non-lethal force such as TASER GUNS!
It is now 2013. How many more police killings have we had?
RezDine

United States

#632 Sep 23, 2013
x-and-o wrote:
<quoted text>
It is now 2013. How many more police killings have we had?
Too many.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) 1 hr 43 days remaining 677
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 8 hr Greg M 6,990
Director? 13 hr Question 1
Sexual Dec 3 Make me 1
News Two small children in distress after being left... (Aug '10) Dec 1 Tuylo 417
News 4 US Senators :Ask the Army Corps of Engineers ... Nov 28 Where are the Lea... 1
chance of a lifetime!!!! Nov 26 Twizzler937 1

Blanco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanco Mortgages