shopping in farmington

Posted in the Blanco Forum

Fed Up Local

United States

#1 Aug 31, 2013
Such a pleasure shopping at Smith's. It's clean, logically arranged, good variety, and the employees go out of their way for customes. Kudos to Smith's for understanding what it's all about.

Then there's Walmart. Ugh.

What a horrible representation we have in Farmington of that huge chain.

The local Walmart stores are are dirty, cluttered and poorly stocked. A lack of open checkout lanes is common. But the WORST is the general attitude towards their customers. The employees are extremely rude and treat customers as misbehaving school children who must follow their rules. Signs are posted telling us "Do Not....." whatever. It's simply the most customer UNfriendly Walmart I've ever done business in. BUT....

THAT HAS COME TO AN END.:-) I have left Walmart behind, and shopping is much more pleasant now. Rather than feel as if I have been through battle (Walmart), I go in, get it done in a pleasant atmosphere, and leave--not mad and frustrated.
True

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Aug 31, 2013
Fed Up Local wrote:
Such a pleasure shopping at Smith's. It's clean, logically arranged, good variety, and the employees go out of their way for customes. Kudos to Smith's for understanding what it's all about.
Then there's Walmart. Ugh.
What a horrible representation we have in Farmington of that huge chain.
The local Walmart stores are are dirty, cluttered and poorly stocked. A lack of open checkout lanes is common. But the WORST is the general attitude towards their customers. The employees are extremely rude and treat customers as misbehaving school children who must follow their rules. Signs are posted telling us "Do Not....." whatever. It's simply the most customer UNfriendly Walmart I've ever done business in. BUT....
THAT HAS COME TO AN END.:-) I have left Walmart behind, and shopping is much more pleasant now. Rather than feel as if I have been through battle (Walmart), I go in, get it done in a pleasant atmosphere, and leave--not mad and frustrated.
I don't shop at either, but the other day I went to your grocery store to get Chinese food. It was 7:10, and the girl was stuffing all the food into Styrofoam containers and saying she was closing early. This is not the first time this has happened. I am not impressed. Customer service has gone the way of the rest of the world. Poor.
Fed Up Local

United States

#3 Aug 31, 2013
Smith's isn't my store, but I was struck by their customer friendliness. I usually shop at Albertson's these days. It's near where I live and nowhere near the headache Walmart is.
True wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't shop at either, but the other day I went to your grocery store to get Chinese food. It was 7:10, and the girl was stuffing all the food into Styrofoam containers and saying she was closing early. This is not the first time this has happened. I am not impressed. Customer service has gone the way of the rest of the world. Poor.
Fed Up Local

United States

#6 Aug 31, 2013
Someone named Agreed had a couple of posts here. Why have they disappeared. They said virtually the same thing the other posts said.

What gives?
yuck

Addison, TX

#8 Sep 1, 2013
East Main Safeway used to be my store. Now it smells worse than Albert sons. Too bad.
Albertsons

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Sep 2, 2013
Fed Up Local wrote:
Smith's isn't my store, but I was struck by their customer friendliness. I usually shop at Albertson's these days. It's near where I live and nowhere near the headache Walmart is.
<quoted text>
I think really tries to put forth effort into customer service. I have always liked Albertsons.

I recall in the OLD DAY for Wal-Mart - late 80s early 90s when all available customer service represents were called to the cash registers. In general, most Wal-Mart workers don't smile - don't want to be bothered.

If i recall - Smith's stores and Fry's Stores/Arizona are one in the same. Owned by the same Company.

Sprout's Food Markets are a great place - a bit pricey, but give you the "shopper's experience" (which most customers try do stand around and take in).
Remember

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Sep 2, 2013
Worthington wrote:
Farmington is mongrel town. Don't complain.
White alone - 23,738 (52.7%)
Hispanic - 10,092 (22.4%)
American Indian alone - 9,564 (21.2%)
Two or more races - 923 (2.1%)
Black alone - 477 (1.1%)
Asian alone - 132 (0.3%)
Other race alone - 80 (0.2%)
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone - 17 (0.04%
Read more: http://www.city-data.com/city/Farmington-New-...
Keeping in mind - the a/i population doubles on week-ends, i.e. first of each Month - so you have 20,000 indians alone in Farmington shopping each week-end.

So the indian shoppers each month keep the City of Farmington afloat and having a source munciple taxes to use on the public.
your

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Sep 2, 2013
Worthington wrote:
racist crap might be acceptable in AZ, but not here. Back in your hole, pig.
Marcasite

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Sep 2, 2013
Remember wrote:
<quoted text>
Keeping in mind - the a/i population doubles on week-ends, i.e. first of each Month - so you have 20,000 indians alone in Farmington shopping each week-end.
So the indian shoppers each month keep the City of Farmington afloat and having a source munciple taxes to use on the public.
Are you saying the entire AI population shops on weekends--all 9500+? That means, then, that the entire "white" population shops on weekends as well? So even if there are 20,000 natives weekend shopping, whites still have them outnumbered.

Your numbers make little sense, but of course, stupid people are not good at crunching numbers.
DENIAL

Cedar Crest, NM

#14 Sep 3, 2013
Marcasite wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the entire AI population shops on weekends--all 9500+? That means, then, that the entire "white" population shops on weekends as well? So even if there are 20,000 natives weekend shopping, whites still have them outnumbered.
Your numbers make little sense, but of course, stupid people are not good at crunching numbers.
I am a white woman who was born and raised in Farmington. Even I understand that they retail economy here would be nothing without the $$$$ coming from our neighbors from the reservation. Just whose numbers don't make sense? Stop calling names-- it only makes you sound really stupid!
Marcasite

United States

#17 Sep 4, 2013
Can you assume that the entire AI population of Farmington is shopping on weekends? Men, women, children, infants....ALL out shopping on the weekend? That's completely illogical.

Making stupid, unsubstantiated statements does is not an effective approach.

And for the record, the economic impact from native am $$$$$ can certainly not be denied.
DENIAL wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a white woman who was born and raised in Farmington. Even I understand that they retail economy here would be nothing without the $$$$ coming from our neighbors from the reservation. Just whose numbers don't make sense? Stop calling names-- it only makes you sound really stupid!
Dude

United States

#18 Sep 5, 2013
Indians and the natural gas industry are Farmington and its economy. Without either 60% of the business would close. So, all you stuck doctors, business people, and officials wouldn't have anything if not for the Indians and natural gas workforce.

White man, 37
ONce

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Sep 5, 2013
Marcasite wrote:
Can you assume that the entire AI population of Farmington is shopping on weekends? Men, women, children, infants....ALL out shopping on the weekend? That's completely illogical.
Making stupid, unsubstantiated statements does is not an effective approach.
And for the record, the economic impact from native am $$$$$ can certainly not be denied.
<quoted text>
a month OR one week-end a month. Legitimate US Federal Treasury checks come in the 'first of the month' for social security, disabled, veterans benefits, etc.
Where else to spend the monthly income.....the reservation towns? The other 3 weeks - Farmington recovers and GETS READY for more sales the following month.

Makes a lot of sense and logical for PEOPLE to shop using what little govt assistance is provided.
duh

Farmington, NM

#20 Sep 15, 2013
dude what do you expect? walmart doesn't pay their employees enough to give a shit about you, nor do they treat them well enough. their whole business is based on hiring welfare people and giving them not enough hours and not enough money to get off welfare, thereby letting them collect corporate welfare for hiring and prepetuating welfare. don't fuckin shop there. you're lucky with the service you get. take it up with the management
duh too

United States

#21 Sep 15, 2013
I, for one, HAVE taken it up with management. And I don't shop at walmart any more. The walmarts in Farmington are far worse than in other parts of the country.

As for pay, they pay the same rate that target, k-mart, or any other store pays. The idiots who work there are lucky to even have a job, as ignorant as they are, and they probably aren't capable of being trained to act any better than they do. After all, they're from farmington or the area. People here are stupid.
duh wrote:
dude what do you expect? walmart doesn't pay their employees enough to give a shit about you, nor do they treat them well enough. their whole business is based on hiring welfare people and giving them not enough hours and not enough money to get off welfare, thereby letting them collect corporate welfare for hiring and prepetuating welfare. don't fuckin shop there. you're lucky with the service you get. take it up with the management

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jilted ex-boyfriend puts up abortion billboard (Jun '11) 17 min superwilly 383
News Attorney accused of fraud (Jul '11) 13 hr XandO 69
News Unemployment rate rises for NM cities as other ... (Jul '13) 16 hr Windy 394
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Sat XandO 395
Debate: Marijuana - Farmington, NM (Aug '10) Sat puffer 45
News Dine apprenticeship program prepares Navajo wor... (Jul '09) Mar 27 Horace 40
A New Motorcycle Club running aroung?? (Jan '10) Mar 25 XandO 18
Blanco Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blanco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]