A local chiropractor uses pressure po...

A local chiropractor uses pressure points to help patients - both people and animals

There are 38 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Apr 14, 2014, titled A local chiropractor uses pressure points to help patients - both people and animals. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Beth Davis, a chiropractor who works on dogs and people, massaged the back of an 8-year-old yellow Labrador named Hazel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Purple

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Apr 20, 2014
I really don't believe chiropractic is quackery; there seems to be a place for it in regard to certain musculoskeletal maladies, and many people seem to have benefitted from these treatments.

I do believe people should be very cautious about chiropractors who claim to cure many serious illnesses through unproven procedures.

IMO, those types are the ones who are reminiscent of those snake oil salesmen of old, and I would simply choose to avoid them in favor of medical doctors who provide proven procedures and services.
Chiropractor From Chicago

Buffalo Grove, IL

#23 Apr 20, 2014
Purple wrote:
Quoted from Preston Long, a licensed chiropractor from Arizona:
"Chiropractic’s minimum educational standards are quite low. In 2007, chiropractic students were required to evaluate and manage only 15 patients in order to graduate. Chiropractic’s accreditation agency ordered this number to increase to 35 by the fall of 2011. However, only 10 of the 35 must be live patients (eight of whom are not students or their family members)! For the remaining cases, students are permitted to “assist, observe, or participate in live, paper-based, computer-based, distance learning, or other reasonable alternative.”3 In contrast, medical students see thousands of patients"
I'm laughing my asss off at "purple." Losers like purple are hysterical! Thanks for the laugh, loser. Oh, and get back in that welfare line--pronto!! he he he he he

Buffalo Grove, IL

#24 Apr 20, 2014
he he he The liar 'wisdom' who is not an MD (but plays one on TV AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA) knows nothing about medicine. In fact, one REAL MD poster said this about wisdom:(an EXACT quote). "The poster wisdom does not represent us. He is an embarrassment to the medical community. I doubt he is an MD. From what I read of his posts he knows about as much medicine as one can glean from a single paragraph from the National Enquirer." Then the same MD went onto say in another post." He's just an angry fellow with a warped perspective of chiropractic."
Un quote.
Speaks volumes.
Purple

Phoenix, AZ

#25 Apr 20, 2014
Chiropractor From Chicago wrote:
he he he The liar 'wisdom' who is not an MD (but plays one on TV AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HA) knows nothing about medicine. In fact, one REAL MD poster said this about wisdom:(an EXACT quote). "The poster wisdom does not represent us. He is an embarrassment to the medical community. I doubt he is an MD. From what I read of his posts he knows about as much medicine as one can glean from a single paragraph from the National Enquirer." Then the same MD went onto say in another post." He's just an angry fellow with a warped perspective of chiropractic."
Un quote.
Speaks volumes.
How do you know which anonymous poster is a real MD and which one isn't?

Jeez, with each hysterical post, you peel off one more layer to reveal even more stupidity.

Good lord.

Buffalo Grove, IL

#26 Apr 20, 2014
Purple wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know which anonymous poster is a real MD and which one isn't?
Jeez, with each hysterical post, you peel off one more layer to reveal even more stupidity.
Good lord.
"purple" the welfare recipient--strikes again!

Chiropractic is the greatest profession--ever. I have a very successful all cash practice and don't have to kiss up to insurance companies or hospitals. My memory is fairly good, but I can't remember the last time I had to fill out an insurance form. I think it was the first week I was in practice and soon realized that accepting insurance and playing their game is for losers and swindlers. In fact I think just about any provider who goes after 'insurance' business is committing fraud. Hospitals are the worst offenders--charging hundreds of thousands of dollars for a two week hospital stay. Those swindlers belong in jail. Not to mention that over 100,000 innocent Americans are murdered each year by greedy MD's and drug companies. Does anyone else think someone should be held accountable for thosse murders. And it is first degree murder. You know, murder one--since those designer drugs were prescribed soley out of greed with any regard for patient welfare.

Here's just a partial list of recently banned drugs that murdered over 20 million people. The FDA doesn't ban drugs until at least that many are maimed or murdered.

dderall XRAlatrofloxacinAlclofenacAlos etron (Lotronex)Alpidem (Ananxyl)Althesin (=Alphaxoloneamineptine + Alphadolone)Amineptine (Survector)AminopyrineAmobarbi talAmoproxanAnagestone acetateAntrafenineAprotinin (Trasylol)Ardeparin (Normiflo)Astemizole (Hismanal)AzaribineBendazacBen oxaprofenBenzaroneBenziodarone Beta-ethoxy-lacetanilanideBezi tramideBithionolBroazolamBromf enacBucetinBuforminBunamiodylB utamben (Efocaine)(Butoforme)Canrenone Cerivastatin (Baycol, Lipobay)Chlormadinone (Chlormenadione)Chlormezanone (Trancopal)ChlorphentermineCia nidanolCinepazideCisapride (Propulsid)ClioquinolClobutino lCloforexClomacronClometacinCo -proxamol (Distalgesic)CyclobarbitalCycl ofenilDantronDexfenfluramineDi acetoxydiphenolisatinDiethylst ilbestrolDifemerineDihydrostre ptomycinDilevalolDimazol (Diamthazole)Dimethylamylamine (DMAA)DinoprostoneDipyrone(Met amizole)Dithiazanine iodideDofetilideDrotrecogin alfa (Xigris)EbrotidineEfalizumab (Raptiva)EncainideEthyl carbamateEtretinateExifoneFen- phen (popular combination offenfluramine and phentermine)FenclofenacFencloz ic acidFenfluramineFenoterolFepra zoneFipexideFlosequinan (Manoplax)FlunitrazepamGatiflo xacinGemtuzumab ozogamicin(Mylotarg)GlafenineG repafloxacin (Raxar)Hydromorphone (Palladone)]IbufenacIndalpineI ndoprofenIodinated casein strophantinIproniazidIsaxonine phosphateIsoxicamKava KavaKetorolacL-tryptophanLevam isole (Ergamisol)Levomethadyl acetateLumiracoxib (Prexige)Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)MebanazineMethandrosteron oloneMethapyrileneMethaqualone MetipranololMetofolineMibefrad ilMibefradil (Posicor)MinaprineMoxisylyteMu zolimineNatalizumab (Tysabri)NefazodoneNialamideNi kethamideNitrefazoleNomifensin eOxeladinOxyphenbutazoneOxyphe nisatin (Phenisatin)OzogamicinPemoline (Cylert)PentobarbitalPentylene tetrazolPergolide (Permax)PerhexilenePhenacetinP henformin and BuforminPhenolphthaleinPhenoxy propazinePhenylbutazonePhenylp ropanolamine(Propagest,Dexatri m)Pifoxime (=Pixifenide)PirprofenPrenylam ineProglumidePronethalolPropan ididPropoxyphene (Darvocet/Darvon)ProxibarbalPy rovaleroneRapacuronium (Raplon)RemoxiprideRimonabant (Acomplia)Rofecoxib (Vioxx)Rosiglitazone (Avandia)SecobarbitalSertindol eSibutramine (Reductil/Meridia)SitaxentanSo rivudineSparfloxacinSulfacarba mideSulfamethoxydiazineSulfame thoxypyridazineSuloctidylSupro fenTegaserod (Zelnorm)TemafloxacinTemafloxa cinTemazepam (Restoril, Euhypnos, Normison, Remestan, Tenox, Norkotral)Terfenadine (Seldane, Triludan)Terodiline (Micturin)TetrazepamThalidomid eThenalidineThiobutabarbitoneT hioridazine (Melleril)Ticrynafen
Purple

Phoenix, AZ

#27 Apr 21, 2014
<quoted text>
"purple" the welfare recipient--strikes again!
Chiropractic is the greatest profession--ever. I have a very successful all cash practice and don't have to kiss up to insurance companies or hospitals. My memory is fairly good, but I can't remember the last time I had to fill out an insurance form. I think it was the first week I was in practice and soon realized that accepting insurance and playing their game is for losers and swindlers. In fact I think just about any provider who goes after 'insurance' business is committing fraud. Hospitals are the worst offenders--charging hundreds of thousands of dollars for a two week hospital stay. Those swindlers belong in jail. Not to mention that over 100,000 innocent Americans are murdered each year by greedy MD's and drug companies. Does anyone else think someone should be held accountable for thosse murders. And it is first degree murder. You know, murder one--since those designer drugs were prescribed soley out of greed with any regard for patient welfare.
Here's just a partial list of recently banned drugs that murdered over 20 million people. The FDA doesn't ban drugs until at least that many are maimed or murdered.
dderall XRAlatrofloxacinAlclofenacAlos etron (Lotronex)Alpidem (Ananxyl)Althesin (=Alphaxoloneamineptine + Alphadolone)Amineptine (Survector)AminopyrineAmobarbi talAmoproxanAnagestone acetateAntrafenineAprotinin (Trasylol)Ardeparin (Normiflo)Astemizole (Hismanal)AzaribineBendazacBen oxaprofenBenzaroneBenziodarone Beta-ethoxy-lacetanilanideBezi tramideBithionolBroazolamBromf enacBucetinBuforminBunamiodylB utamben (Efocaine)(Butoforme)Canrenone Cerivastatin (Baycol, Lipobay)Chlormadinone (Chlormenadione)Chlormezanone (Trancopal)ChlorphentermineCia nidanolCinepazideCisapride (Propulsid)ClioquinolClobutino lCloforexClomacronClometacinCo -proxamol (Distalgesic)CyclobarbitalCycl ofenilDantronDexfenfluramineDi acetoxydiphenolisatinDiethylst ilbestrolDifemerineDihydrostre ptomycinDilevalolDimazol (Diamthazole)Dimethylamylamine (DMAA)DinoprostoneDipyrone(Met amizole)Dithiazanine iodideDofetilideDrotrecogin alfa (Xigris)EbrotidineEfalizumab (Raptiva)EncainideEthyl carbamateEtretinateExifoneFen- phen (popular combination offenfluramine and phentermine)FenclofenacFencloz ic acidFenfluramineFenoterolFepra zoneFipexideFlosequinan (Manoplax)FlunitrazepamGatiflo xacinGemtuzumab ozogamicin(Mylotarg)GlafenineG repafloxacin (Raxar)Hydromorphone (Palladone)]IbufenacIndalpineI ndoprofenIodinated casein strophantinIproniazidIsaxonine phosphateIsoxicamKava KavaKetorolacL-tryptophanLevam isole (Ergamisol)Levomethadyl acetateLumiracoxib (Prexige)Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)MebanazineMethandrosteron oloneMethapyrileneMethaqualone MetipranololMetofolineMibefrad ilMibefradil (Posicor)MinaprineMoxisylyteMu zolimineNatalizumab (Tysabri)NefazodoneNialamideNi kethamideNitrefazoleNomifensin eOxeladinOxyphenbutazoneOxyphe nisatin (Phenisatin)OzogamicinPemoline (Cylert)PentobarbitalPentylene tetrazolPergolide (Permax)PerhexilenePhenacetinP henformin and BuforminPhenolphthaleinPhenoxy propazinePhenylbutazonePhenylp ropanolamine(Propagest,Dexatri m)Pifoxime (=Pixifenide)PirprofenPrenylam ineProglumidePronethalolPropan ididPropoxyphene (Darvocet/Darvon)ProxibarbalPy rovaleroneRapacuronium (Raplon)RemoxiprideRimonabant (Acomplia)Rofecoxib (Vioxx)Rosiglitazone (Avandia)SecobarbitalSertindol eSibutramine (Reductil/Meridia)SitaxentanSo rivudineSparfloxacinSulfacarba mideSulfamethoxydiazineSulfame thoxypyridazineSuloctidylSupro fenTegaserod (Zelnorm)TemafloxacinTemafloxa cinTemazepam (Restoril, Euhypnos, Normison, Remestan, Tenox, Norkotral)Terfenadine (Seldane, Triludan)Terodiline (Micturin)TetrazepamThalidomid eThenalidineThiobutabarbitoneT hioridazine (Melleril)Ticrynafen
Even if I agreed 100% with you, that still doesn't make chiropractic a viable alternative. In other words, X does not equal Z no matter how much you rave.

Buffalo Grove, IL

#28 Apr 21, 2014
Hey purp-meister--I don't give a rats asss if you agree with me or not. The only ones who matter are my patients and no one else. The fact that people pay me cash speaks volumes. Oh, and I have several MD's and dentists as patients--dozens of them. They pay cash as well. I don't accept dime-one of insurance. Not one nickel of third party payment of ANY description. If a patient walks in and insists I bill their insurance, I immediately, but politely, show them the door and tell them to call another chiropractor who doesn't mind kissing up to insurance companies.
Gotta run. I have to go back to work to support more welfare recipients.
Purple

Phoenix, AZ

#29 Apr 21, 2014
Hey purp-meister--I don't give a rats asss if you agree with me or not. The only ones who matter are my patients and no one else. The fact that people pay me cash speaks volumes. Oh, and I have several MD's and dentists as patients--dozens of them. They pay cash as well. I don't accept dime-one of insurance. Not one nickel of third party payment of ANY description. If a patient walks in and insists I bill their insurance, I immediately, but politely, show them the door and tell them to call another chiropractor who doesn't mind kissing up to insurance companies.
Gotta run. I have to go back to work to support more welfare recipients.
You're repeating yourself.

Obviously you give a rat's ass, or you wouldn't obsessively post repetitively on Topix.

I think you're trying to convince yourself.

Lol

Buffalo Grove, IL

#30 Apr 21, 2014
Purple wrote:
<quoted text>
You're repeating yourself.
Obviously you give a rat's ass, or you wouldn't obsessively post repetitively on Topix.
I think you're trying to convince yourself.
Lol
Me thinks 'purple' got his psychology and analytical training from that same $1.25 Wal-Mart psychology book 'wisdom' uses. Next time get the $1.75 psychology book. It'll make you sound a whole lot smarter. Naw, maybe not.
I treated 39 patients today. Not a ton, but very exhausting. Lots of interesting cases.
Chiropractic is the best profession ever. I help thousands of people a year and make loads of money doing it. All cash. Suck on THAT 'dr.' purple! he he he he he he he
Now get back in that thar welfare line.
Wisdom

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Apr 21, 2014
This dumb ass chiropractor has been posting for years here on "topix". He has defended every bizarre and unfounded chiropractic claim ever made. I remember that one of his colleagues claimed he cured his gold fish and when I exposed that idiot as a fraud he rushed to his defense calling me names and such.

He really is too stupid to not understand that by listing meds that have been pulled from the market, it does nothing to support any of his chiropractic claims.

bottom line, he's a typical chiropractor who never took a course in logic. Basically, he is proof that there is very little required to become a chiropractor.

And yes, MOST chiropractors graduate from their quack schools "seeing" on 10 - 20 "patients" with limited uncomplicated back discomfort.

Pathetic.

Buffalo Grove, IL

#32 Apr 21, 2014
Hey purple, get this: Your girl wisdom said she practiced chiropractic for 20 years and saw fit to bill the $%^& out of insurance companies during what she calls "the mercedes 80's" when it was easy to bilk insurance companies--as she admits to doing.(she lured patients in with NOOPE, no out of pocket expenses,and promised to inflate her bills so the patient wouldn't have to pay. A felony in all states. Mind you, she treated all of those patients knowing, at least in her small mind, that she was conning everyone. Funny, when the insurance money flowed, she thought chiropractic was great. Now, when the gravy train stopped, well, you know, chiropractic is now quackery. Go figure. That's the sort of 'expertise' she offers.
Oh, but wait. It gets better. For years she denied being a chiropractor or MD. Then when her expert 'credentials' were challenged, she, voila, became both--instantly. Wait, wait--not just an MD, but 'head of neurosurgery in a famous NY hospital!" AHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA Can't make it up this good.
So enjoy the imbecile for what she is--a sad yet hysterical clown who is a chronic liar. If you want to have a good laugh, just read her lies. They are simply hysterical!! She's the gift that keeps on giving! he he he he
Wisdom

Brooklyn, NY

#33 Apr 21, 2014
"not just an MD, but 'head of neurosurgery in a famous NY hospital!"

Once again, your lying knows no bounds. Nuf said.

Buffalo Grove, IL

#34 Apr 21, 2014
The imbecile asked me to repeat this. My pleasure.
And it's the absolute truth--especially where the village idiot (wisdom) brags about being the head of neurosurgery at a famous NY hospital--just one week after receiving her fictitious MD degree. She ABSOLUTELY said that. Then again, chronic liars lie so much they forget their previous lies. Typical liar.

Hey purple, get this: Your girl wisdom said she practiced chiropractic for 20 years and saw fit to bill the $%^& out of insurance companies during what she calls "the mercedes 80's" when it was easy to bilk insurance companies--as she admits to doing.(she lured patients in with NOOPE, no out of pocket expenses,and promised to inflate her bills so the patient wouldn't have to pay. A felony in all states. Mind you, she treated all of those patients knowing, at least in her small mind, that she was conning everyone. Funny, when the insurance money flowed, she thought chiropractic was great. Now, when the gravy train stopped, well, you know, chiropractic is now quackery. Go figure. That's the sort of 'expertise' she offers.
Oh, but wait. It gets better. For years she denied being a chiropractor or MD. Then when her expert 'credentials' were challenged, she, voila, became both--instantly. Wait, wait--not just an MD, but 'head of neurosurgery in a famous NY hospital!" AHHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA Can't make it up this good.
So enjoy the imbecile for what she is--a sad yet hysterical clown who is a chronic liar. If you want to have a good laugh, just read her lies. They are simply hysterical!! She's the gift that keeps on giving! he he he he
Wisdom

Brooklyn, NY

#35 Apr 22, 2014
Repeat yourself all you want, you're still a lying chiropractor. And you have to live with that.

Buffalo Grove, IL

#36 Apr 22, 2014
What's that you say? You want me to repeat my last post. No problem. My pleasure.

The imbecile asked me to repeat this.
And it's the absolute truth--especially where the village idiot (wisdom) brags about being the head of neurosurgery at a famous NY hospital--just one week after receiving her fictitious MD degree. She ABSOLUTELY said that. Then again, chronic liars lie so much they forget their previous lies. Typical liar.

joy

Santa Monica, CA

#37 Jul 16, 2014
I've had chiro and osteopathic treatments for about 40 yrs....and now I'm a mess from a hip replacement in 2010, talk about damage...go get a replacement.....we're meat on a butcher block.

A chiro can't heal everything, but can help people manage better.....certainly better than a LOT of high powered nasty drugs...
joy

Santa Monica, CA

#38 Jul 16, 2014
and traumatic elective surgeries....I speak from experience...
joy

Santa Monica, CA

#39 Jul 16, 2014
Oh, I saw a friend last night I had not seen since she took me to the hospital for the surgery in 2010, I've been a mess....

She has a little 12 yr old doggie who she thought they were going to lose, so took him to a chiro and he's just about back to his old self....the poor little guy was a mess of knots in his body. It was like a miracle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interest in Pro Wrestling in Farmington? Jul 20 TryHarder 6
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Jul 19 hotincleveland 6,877
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Jul 14 Wsuokgdrkhfc 619
Looking for Good DWI Attorney in Farmington N.M. Jul 14 I see now 4
News New detox center to open in Farmington Jul 7 Osama 7
Worse place I've ever lived (May '15) Jul 5 Herb 62
Farmington Racism-Part One (Dec '11) Jul 5 Herb 146

Blanco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanco Mortgages