Teen faces murder charge

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

A 17-year-old juvenile is accused of shooting and killing a Farmington man nearly two weeks after earning an early release from the San Juan County Juvenile Detention Center for good behavior, authorities said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 94 Comments Last updated Dec 23, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ummmm

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Sounds like another dirt bag should be executed. I also heard FPD was first on scene because the Sheriffs were a farther from the scene. I think the paper needs to get their facts straight once again.
Us in Farmington

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

Our Deepest Sympathy goes out to the Sanchez Family for their loss. May God help you through this terrible tragedy. God Bless.
Daddy Kalinka

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Mankind is terminal!I'm just waiting for my ride to get here.D.K.
Wow

Abiquiu, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

People are so mean! There are two lives destroyed, the life of the man killed and the life of the boy who shot him. WE need to pray for them not judge them. God be with both their families at this time!
Idiots are alive and well

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

smoking gun!!!...Hang the low life.....did the system fail.....maybe...... but this guy should hang
concerned in farmington

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

6

1

A gang member? Another one down and how many more to go. It sounds like Mama has taught him well, trying to tell the cops Sanchez shot first. What a bunch of losers.
Cindy Mesa AZ

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

My Prayers go out to the Sanchez Family Peace be with all of you. This is another senseless act of a teenager who didn't get enough discipline growing up no structure probably no team sports just do what you wanna do as long as you don't disturb the parents. Well Good job Perez Family on raising a murderer. What the Hell is wrong with parents today? Was the Glock he executed Benny with a bonus for getting out of Juvenile detention early?
OnLooker

Durango, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

5

2

1

Wow wrote:
People are so mean! There are two lives destroyed, the life of the man killed and the life of the boy who shot him. WE need to pray for them not judge them. God be with both their families at this time!

Are you serious?! I hope the little gang-banger get's the chair and his mommy gets to sit on his lap when they pull the switch.
Joe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

So his sister was his girlfriend
MeLo

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

This is a very sad and no one should pass judement we are noone to judge, Both families have to suffer for the choice 1 kid made. It is not always fair to blame the families. Yes I do agree Perez's mother is not be the best person around and he was not raised by her. He was brought up in a good family where he was taught respect and morals, the rest of this family are good hard working people that DO NOT live their life this way. Both men involved come from good families that work very hard every day. The problem is everyone has their own mind and makes their own desicions. Each individual is responsible for their own actions, we cant go around blaming race or family for everything that a person does. I personally know both families and may god be with both in this time of need.
Coolio

Deming, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

4

1

1

How many murders will continue to take place in South Farmington before something is done? The city desperately needs a police substation in that area. I hope they fry the little bastard. Whether or not it was gang related is not the issue here........both were carrying non registered illegal weapons, which in my book, makes both of them guilty. Mom makes up this ridiculous story about self defense. What a joke! Forensic evidence will prove her to be a liar.
Wow

Espanola, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

OnLooker wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious?! I hope the little gang-banger get's the chair and his mommy gets to sit on his lap when they pull the switch.
Yes I'm serious! You don't know this boy so you can't judge him. True I don't know him either but I do know that he was young and made some really bad decisions. What was a 33 year old man doing confronting a 17 year old? At 33 you should have more sense than a 17 year old. I'm sorry for the Sanchez family as well as for the Perez family. May God be with them and with you and anyone else who makes stupid, senseless and ignorant comments such as these.
RIP Ben

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

May Ben RIP and my thoughts and prayers are with his family
MeLo

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

Coolio wrote:
How many murders will continue to take place in South Farmington before something is done? The city desperately needs a police substation in that area. I hope they fry the little ****. Whether or not it was gang related is not the issue here........both were carrying non registered illegal weapons, which in my book, makes both of them guilty. Mom makes up this ridiculous story about self defense. What a joke! Forensic evidence will prove her to be a liar.
First off this did not happen on the SOUTHSIDE of Farmington!!Second if you have ever been to the SOUTH of Farmington you would know there is a Police sub Station which not only FPD work out of but is also used by SWAT!! True I agree forensics will prove this case in the end. You can not blame the area or even the people in the SOUTHSIDE for the actions of certain individuals. There are MANY good families and Businesses in the SOUTHSIDE. Like I said before STOP blaming RACE, FAMILY, and WHERE a PERSON is from its the individuals and their poor choices to blame.
Ray

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

Born to lose.
Coolio

Deming, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

MeLo wrote:
<quoted text>
First off this did not happen on the SOUTHSIDE of Farmington!!Second if you have ever been to the SOUTH of Farmington you would know there is a Police sub Station which not only FPD work out of but is also used by SWAT!! True I agree forensics will prove this case in the end. You can not blame the area or even the people in the SOUTHSIDE for the actions of certain individuals. There are MANY good families and Businesses in the SOUTHSIDE. Like I said before STOP blaming RACE, FAMILY, and WHERE a PERSON is from its the individuals and their poor choices to blame.
First off......this incident DID take place in South Farmington. It happened on Taos Street......just off of South Butler. Second......I never blamed race on anything. Third.......A police substation exists next to the plant and McCormick Elementary. I would recommend a location next to Sycamore Park or the corner of Butler and Murray. People living South of Murray are in constant fear due to all the senseless killings over the years. Facts don't lie!
Solid Proof

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

You don't know who confronted who. Don't assume.
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I'm serious! You don't know this boy so you can't judge him. True I don't know him either but I do know that he was young and made some really bad decisions. What was a 33 year old man doing confronting a 17 year old? At 33 you should have more sense than a 17 year old. I'm sorry for the Sanchez family as well as for the Perez family. May God be with them and with you and anyone else who makes stupid, senseless and ignorant comments such as these.
MeLo

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

Coolio wrote:
<quoted text>First off......this incident DID take place in South Farmington. It happened on Taos Street......just off of South Butler. Second......I never blamed race on anything. Third.......A police substation exists next to the plant and McCormick Elementary. I would recommend a location next to Sycamore Park or the corner of Butler and Murray. People living South of Murray are in constant fear due to all the senseless killings over the years. Facts don't lie!
Ok FACTS DON'T LIE for your info THIS DID NOT HAPPEN ON TAOS STREET IT HAPPENED IN WILDFLOWER AND LAST TIME I CHECKED WILDFLOWER IS UP BY MESA VIEW NOT IN THE SOUTHSIDE!! WELL THE PLANT AND MCCORMICK ARE STILL IN THE SOUTHSIDE OF FARMINGTON AREN'T THEY? I DONT THINK A 2 TO 5 BLOCK DIFFRENCE IN LOCATION FOR A SUBSTATION IS GOING TO MAKE THAT BIG OF A DIFFERENCE. THE COPS ARE CONSTANTLY PATROLING ALL OVER THE SOUTH, MAYBE THE ISSUE AT HAND IS THE WAY FPD HANDLES THE CRIMES. THERE ARE MANY CRIMES THAT ARE LOOKED OVER EVEN WHEN THE SUSPECTS ARE PRETTY MUCH HANDED OVER TO THE POLICE IN SOME CASES, SO OF COURSE CRIMINALS DO WHAT THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH.
Idiots one and all

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

4

2

2

All you bleeding heart liberals still think the death penalty is a bad thing. This dirtbag kid will never be rehabilitated and will never be a productive member of society. Instead of paying for his stay, lets do what he deserves and send him to answer to his maker.
yup

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 18, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I'm serious! You don't know this boy so you can't judge him. True I don't know him either but I do know that he was young and made some really bad decisions. What was a 33 year old man doing confronting a 17 year old? At 33 you should have more sense than a 17 year old. I'm sorry for the Sanchez family as well as for the Perez family. May God be with them and with you and anyone else who makes stupid, senseless and ignorant comments such as these.
wow you say not to judge yet here you are judging other people for their comments...we are americans we have the right to free speech so dont put "god" in this situation...and they said they tried opportunities to help him out did he take them? did he go back to school? APPARENTLY not so personally he has to sleep in the bed he made...god is not with him right now if he has multiple assault,battere,drug charges...he needs to be get what he deserves..you dont see other 17 year olds that go to school and have good ethics shooting people..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blanco Discussions

Search the Blanco Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Employees screwed by CCEA 9 hr CCSD Bad Teachers 8
Skandera: CCSD School District Canít Split (Jun '12) 13 hr Ewa NEA Krackpot 35
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Farmington, NM (Dec '11) Tue Skeeter 37
The most spectacular UFO sighting in U.S. histo... (May '10) Jul 21 Investigator 8
DWI victims relive painful memories to prevent ... (Dec '08) Jul 21 Patty 17
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... Jul 20 Round and round where it 148
City attorneys challenge claims of discriminati... Jul 20 XandO 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Blanco Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Blanco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blanco News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blanco
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••