Fewer schools meet standards: Only 10 county schools make perfo...

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

Continuing a four-year trend, the number of schools in San Juan County that made Adequate Yearly Progress decreased this year.

Comments (Page 8)

Showing posts 141 - 149 of149
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Get over yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

You're not that important

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

active grandparent wrote:
CCSD stands for Central Consolidated School District. It is in New Mexico with schools in Kirtland, Shiprock, and Newcomb. The majority of the students are Navajo as most of the schools are on the Navajo Nation.
Must be up north. Down here in LC, all we have is LCPS district and a few parochial schools. That is all I can speak about, as that is all I know personally.
education is the key

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

comment wrote:
<quoted text>
You OBVIOUSLY don't know CCSD because the majoprity of admins are either lucky to have found a district to hire them, or are waiting on retirement to get out and are just collecting an easy paycheck til then. There are a few good admins, but not many. I know this for a FACT. Teachers have been told for YEARS that "there is a line of teachers waiting to get hired at CCSD, so if you don't like it, you can leave". This has been QUOTED by more than one admin to me and my coworkers, so I also know this for a FACT. This is what we are told if we question bad decisions made by admin, etc... I didn't say if we do a bad job, complain about work... all we have to do is ask a question, and rather than get an explanation, we are told "if you don't like it, leave".
I guess the line is not THAT long, since there are about 40 vacancies still posted on the website, even though there has been about 60 new teachers already hired there.
I taught for CCSD for years and was never told that there was a long of teachers waiting for a job - so I don't know who you were talking to. It may have been a previous superintendent ....? I have actually sat in meetings with nearly all of the principals, and I'm happy to say that nearly all of them are very competent administrators. It's the supervision part that trips them up. It's not impossible to fire an incompetent teacher, but it does take documentation, which requires supervision. Which would mean that the administrators would need to be in the buildings more. Let's be optimistic and pray that the new leadership for CCSD will be able to provide the kind of leadership that has been missing since the time of superintendents like R.E.Karlin.
education is the key

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

active grandparent wrote:
CCSD stands for Central Consolidated School District. It is in New Mexico with schools in Kirtland, Shiprock, and Newcomb. The majority of the students are Navajo as most of the schools are on the Navajo Nation.
Also Naschitti and Ojo.
r tsoe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2008

education is the key wrote:
<quoted text>
I taught for CCSD for years and was never told that there was a long of teachers waiting for a job - so I don't know who you were talking to. It may have been a previous superintendent ....? I have actually sat in meetings with nearly all of the principals, and I'm happy to say that nearly all of them are very competent administrators. It's the supervision part that trips them up. It's not impossible to fire an incompetent teacher, but it does take documentation, which requires supervision. Which would mean that the administrators would need to be in the buildings more. Let's be optimistic and pray that the new leadership for CCSD will be able to provide the kind of leadership that has been missing since the time of superintendents like R.E.Karlin.
Well it is impossible to fire incomptetant administrators in Central!!! And there is no one documenting them. They have double standards, they do not follow their own policies and have had a poor interim superintendent last year, Charles Hayes, who renewed all of their contracts none the less. It is "do as I say, not as I do" at CCSD. And this fact is attested to in the mass exodus of teachers this past year. Morale is down, vacancies are up. I feel so sorry for the next superintendent. But they are all making big bucks. Oh Lord.....
comment

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2008

education is the key wrote:
<quoted text>
This was said by Larry DeWees, Linda Besset, and administrators in my school to name a few. I have heard them with my own ears repeatedly.
education is the key

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2008

comment wrote:
<quoted text>
This was said by Larry DeWees, Linda Besset, and administrators in my school to name a few. I have heard them with my own ears repeatedly.
It's only impossible if they don't do their job correctly. But then, principals are out of their buildings so much going to meetings/training that they aren't around to supervise - which is the other half of an administrator's job. They are also supposed to be instructional leaders, which means that they should give guidance to struggling (incompetent) teachers. Teachers gave up tenure over 25 years ago for a pay raise one year. Without tenure it's a lot easier to fire incompetent teachers. But it still takes supervision and documentation - and the sooner it's done, the better. Some administrators are either overwhelmed with all the out of building meetings or are too lazy to do it correctly. Difficult, maybe. Impossible, no.
Shaina

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

24 vacancies alone at KCHS!!! WooHoo. Obviously CCSD is the place to find a job!!!
what

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

Shaina wrote:
24 vacancies alone at KCHS!!! WooHoo. Obviously CCSD is the place to find a job!!!
How do you come up with 24 vacancies at KCHS? When I went to the CCSD website that's about how many there are for the entire district.
comment

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2008

That's how many people actually quit KCHS at the beginning of the summer. Right now, they have filled most of the positions, but that number was accurate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 149 of149
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Blanco Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Blanco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance