Shiprock woman to be forced off fairgrounds site

Posted in the Blanco Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jojo

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Sep 10, 2012
The Navajo Nation Department of Justice is booting a woman off of the Shiprock Fairgrounds site, where the Northern Navajo Nation Fair is scheduled to take place in just two weeks.

Annie King, 49, received a notice Thursday to vacate the site, where she and a dozen family members have lived since June.

King currently lives with her family in a trailer that sits adjacent to a proposed motel development property just south of Uranium Boulevard. The space in the past has been used for the Northern Navajo Nation Fair, which this year will take place from Oct. 4-7.

King, who had until 5 p.m. Friday to vacate the property, said she will not budge.

"We're going to stay here forever," said King.

Convinced that the Northern Navajo Nation Fair Board is conspiring against her, King planned to file a protection order against several of its board members Friday.
Naalthjiide

Farmington, NM

#2 Sep 18, 2012
jojo wrote:
The Navajo Nation Department of Justice is booting a woman off of the Shiprock Fairgrounds site, where the Northern Navajo Nation Fair is scheduled to take place in just two weeks.
Annie King, 49, received a notice Thursday to vacate the site, where she and a dozen family members have lived since June.
King currently lives with her family in a trailer that sits adjacent to a proposed motel development property just south of Uranium Boulevard. The space in the past has been used for the Northern Navajo Nation Fair, which this year will take place from Oct. 4-7.
King, who had until 5 p.m. Friday to vacate the property, said she will not budge.
Convinced that the Northern Navajo Nation Fair Board is conspiring against her, King planned to file a protection order against several of its board members Friday.

Stand up for your rights! We are with you! Why did they lie and say that you or your people sold your property. You cannot sell your property on the Navajo Reservation? They are liars or did make a law just for themselves. The Fair Board is out of control and the people need to get rid of all those officials on the Fair board. Vote them out!!!! They also should change their name to the UNFAIR BOARD.
Shiprock

Farmington, NM

#3 Sep 20, 2012
Russell Begaye is the Northern Navajo NAtion Fair Board president or former president. His Daughter is a Attorney at the Navajo Nation Department of Justice. So go and figure out what kind of shenanigans on how they are manipulating the system to put forward their agenda! Also the Navajo Nation President and the Attorney General's office has been alerted of this and no action has been taken in the matter. That really makes me wonder what is going on! We support you Mrs. KING.
Shiprock

Farmington, NM

#4 Sep 20, 2012
I say former president, but meant Chairman. I believe that he stepped down when he took a lower position when he took the Publicity/advertising coordinator position. Other Board members also took lower positions.
Rezident

Farmington, NM

#5 Sep 20, 2012
jojo wrote:
It is my opinion that there has to be something up with Mr. Begaye, his Daughter and the Navajo Nation Department of Justice. It is not fair that a family can manipulate the system like they appear to be doing. Why isn't the Office of the President or the AG not moving on this matter. They were informed! Are they afraid of something or is their some other deals going on??? A normal person has got to be wondering what is going on in our government??? Where does the Federal Government stand in this matter.

We already need most of our government federally indicted in the "discretionary funds scandal," enough of this garbage already! Prosecute our dirty politicians.
Ocean Ganksta

Farmington, NM

#6 Sep 21, 2012
We need to request Gadi Schwartz to come down and investigate the Northern Navajo Nation Fair Board and the Navajo Nation Department of Justice and see what is going on!!!!!!!!! PEACE!
Ocean Ganksta

Farmington, NM

#7 Sep 21, 2012
jojo wrote:
Russell Begaye's daughter is an attorney at the Navajo Nation Department of Justice! So, what do you think is happening! Coruption, favoritism, manipulation maybe? etc.....????? Figure it out!
Former SR resident

Farmington, NM

#8 Sep 22, 2012
WOW!
NN Watch Dawg

Farmington, NM

#9 Sep 22, 2012
The whole Four Corners is watching what Ray Begay's brother Russell Begaye, Russell's daughter(Attorney with the Navajo Nation Department of Justice) and the Northern Navajo Nation Fair Board will do to you. Is this (maybe)the beginning of the Begaye coup.
Judas

Farmington, NM

#10 Sep 22, 2012
jojo wrote:
Hey, Russell Begaye's daughter is working at the Navajo Nation Department of Justice.

Russell Begay is also the Chairman of the Northern Navajo Nation Fair Board!

You maybe right that there is some sort of conspiracy going on!

What! Ray Begaye is Russell Begaye's Brother? And there are more brothers! Wow! "Judas Priest" what is going on around here!
Judas

Farmington, NM

#11 Sep 22, 2012
All for thirty pieces of silver! Matt. 27:3
NN Watch Dawg

Farmington, NM

#12 Nov 10, 2012
Leave Annie King and Family alone. Isn't their land? Their are many people out here who are on your side Annie! Keep and take care of your land.
Ocean Gee

Farmington, NM

#13 Nov 11, 2012
Are they still after your land? I saw in the paper that there is going to be a Hotel or Motel in Shiprock soon! Keep fighting for your rights Annie King!
Hawkeye

Farmington, NM

#14 Nov 12, 2012
Rezident wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my opinion that there has to be something up with Mr. Begaye, his Daughter and the Navajo Nation Department of Justice. It is not fair that a family can manipulate the system like they appear to be doing. Why isn't the Office of the President or the AG not moving on this matter. They were informed! Are they afraid of something or is their some other deals going on??? A normal person has got to be wondering what is going on in our government??? Where does the Federal Government stand in this matter.
We already need most of our government federally indicted in the "discretionary funds scandal," enough of this garbage already! Prosecute our dirty politicians.
What I am wondering is why is Tuba City being singled out when the Prez, Vice-Prez, Navajo Nation Council are involved in the "Discretionary Funds Scandal"? All those involved in these types of dealings need to be prosecuted criminally! What are they going after next the "Trust Funds"?

And Leave Annie King Alone!
Former Resident

Farmington, NM

#15 Jan 7, 2013
Good Job Annie! Seems like that they could'nt move you.

To you crooked officials "Leave Annie King and Family alone!"
Former Resident

Farmington, NM

#16 Jan 7, 2013
jojo wrote:
It seems like that Russell Begaye is trying to make it look like he is going to save the Northern Navajo Nation Fair so that all the Navajo Sheeple will support him in 2014 Navajo Nation presidential run. Maybe? You think?
Nativepride75

Farmington, NM

#18 Jan 9, 2013
What I find interesting about this whole episode is the complete stupidity on both sides of the fence. But I must admit, it has become entertaining. Wow, a site for a new hotel? Let's be honest, Shiprock is a dump. I see nothing happening in terms of economic development in the community of Shiprock in the future. What's troubling is the corruption which runs rampant among tribal/community leaders.
Interesting

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Jan 10, 2013
Nativepride75 wrote:
What I find interesting about this whole episode is the complete stupidity on both sides of the fence. But I must admit, it has become entertaining. Wow, a site for a new hotel? Let's be honest, Shiprock is a dump. I see nothing happening in terms of economic development in the community of Shiprock in the future. What's troubling is the corruption which runs rampant among tribal/community leaders.
Just about EVERY Navajo community has a story = similar if not identical = to what LOCAL Navajo Government does.

I too am NOT IMPRESSED nor TRUST_WORTHY of these "Navajo Official" types particularly in how they TRY to portray themselves as being "LEADER" material. Now there are EXCEPTIONS - but they are relatively far and few between and typically DON"T last from more than 1-2 terms in their office.

THe Navajo Nation Government is full of criminals, corrupt, ill-moral, illegitimate "OFFICIALS" who only look to benefit them-selves, their immediate family members/relatives.

It is a really JOKE and ENTERTAIINING to watch how these officials take them-selves and the MOOCH, Navajo Sheep supporters, taking in 'talk'.
Grapevine

Farmington, NM

#20 Jan 13, 2013
There is talk that Ms. King has won a ocurt judgement. There is also talk that the Nation owes Ms. King $$$. Was her land illegally given up by the Shiprock Regional Business Development too? There are businesses on her land. I suppose that they will owe her $$$ too?

I hope that this hearsay is true!
Former SR Resident

Farmington, NM

#21 Jan 15, 2013
Nativepride75 wrote:
I see that Mc D's, Burger King, and the New Laundromat seem to be prospering. What happened to the little guy (common Navajos) who are trying to make a living? Greedy *******s.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WH Security Breach 3 hr Get some 5
San Juan County schools districts adjust to new... Mon BeHereNow 5
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... Mon Have to Wonder 194
Juvenile worker charged with possession (Jan '11) Sep 27 MANDY HAWKINS not... 51
Sharon Pfeifer Sep 26 yep_im_raysgirl 1
Farmington's San Juan Regional Medical Center r... Sep 24 sjrmc theives 1
New Mexico AG to investigate gas prices in Four... Sep 24 Chico 2

Blanco Jobs

Blanco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Blanco News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blanco

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]