Farmington soldier killed in Afghanistan

Farmington soldier killed in Afghanistan

There are 46 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from May 9, 2008, titled Farmington soldier killed in Afghanistan. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Flags in Farmington are at half staff this weekend to honor Staff Sgt. Kevin Casey Roberts, who was killed Wednesday in Afghanistan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Sanostee, NM

#1 May 10, 2008
My prayers and thoughts go out to the Roberts Family. RIP SSG Roberts.
EyeOnFarmington

AOL

#3 May 10, 2008
God Bless the soul of this brave patriot and give strength to his family in their time of sorrow.
Sully

Albuquerque, NM

#4 May 10, 2008
Rest in Peace Staff Sgt.Casey Roberts thank You for your service from an old tired Vietnam Veteran GOD Speed
nobody

Albuquerque, NM

#5 May 10, 2008
Bless this boy and God please let us know if the Kansas coalition is going to TRY to ruin this funeral! I will be waiting, to stop them!! Allow this man peace in Death!
Thank you for your service from an old grumpy grunt.

Black on Black

Albuquerque, NM

#9 May 10, 2008
My prayers and sympathies are with the Roberts family. God Bless your son, husband, father, brother and patriot. I, along with my family are thankful for his service and sacrifice to protect our freedom and way of life.
Proud of our military

Albuquerque, NM

#11 May 10, 2008
nobody wrote:
Bless this boy and God please let us know if the Kansas coalition is going to TRY to ruin this funeral! I will be waiting, to stop them!! Allow this man peace in Death!
I have been hearing there are supposed to be protestors at the memorial. Lets just hope people will respect him like he deserves! If they show up, it won't be pretty....

And as for Marat once again...IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!
Jodgy

Farmington, NM

#14 May 10, 2008
I know the family. Casey Roberts is a hero, and his Dad was a hero, serving and being wounded in Viet Nam. His older brother just got back from Iraq, and by the way, he's a hero, too.

Casey's family and friends are devastated to lose him, but he will always stand tall in our memories.
Debs

Jackson, TN

#15 May 10, 2008
SSG. Kevin Roberts was my best friend we knew each other for 10 years he was a great person inside and out...We met shortly after he arrived at Fort Campbell and have the best of friends ever sense and he knew my husband they were in the same unit once Kevin moved from the 502nd to the 506th they served in IRAQ together last tour... he will forever be loved and missed....AND AS FOR THE PERSON WHO WROTE THIS
to suppose that this dead jerk's life served any useful purpose would take a whole load of imagination.
He was justifiably blown to pieces by the brave Afghans defending their country from scum like Roberts and his evil buddies, who have done nothing but murder them and destroy their homes for 7 years.
Rest in pieces, "proud" boy.
JUST REMEMBER HE DIED SO IGNORANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU COULD HAVE THE WRITE TO WRITE CRAP LIKE THAT!!!HAVE SOME RESPECT IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM AND OUR TROOPS YOU WOULD HAVE NO RIGHTS OR FREEDOM!!!!!!
Thankful

Albuquerque, NM

#16 May 10, 2008
My family and I were so very sorry to hear the news on Mr. Roberts. We just wanted his family, friends, and all others who knew him how thankful we are that they "shared" this young man with the rest of the country. We pray for all troops every day. We have added all of Mr. Roberts' loved ones in our prayers, as well. There are many, many people out here who will be there for his family. I just know that Casey Roberts is in the arms of the Lord, and the Lord will stand beside those who are mourning. God bless.
Jayde

Franklin, TN

#17 May 10, 2008
I didnt know SSG Roberts, but I am from Ft. Campbell and I can assure you that its not just his family and friends that are affected by this. The whole post is affected by this. We love each and every one of our Troops over there. And we can put ourselves in his family's place....and even though its selfish to say....we all breathe a sigh of relief that it wasnt our Soldier. Our husbands, sons, brothers, wives, sisters, mothers, fathers, friends......they are all over there fighting for jerks like " "proud" boy" to spew forth that disgusting word vomit. Just because you dont agree with war...this one or any other....doesnt mean you have to hold it against our troops. They are fighting for your right to say it. I know that SSG Roberts will rest in peace...as a HERO. He is my Hero...along with my husband and friends over in both Iraq and Afghanistan. You will always be loved and missed, even by those who didnt know you personally...thank you so much for your sacrifice.
Mario

Santa Fe, NM

#19 May 10, 2008
I went to school with Casey, we were good friends. We went to lunch together and hung out at school. We were in orchestra together and I always looked forward to seeing him every morning. He was a wonderful guy and I am glad to have known him and say that he was a friend. All the memomies I have of Casey I hold dear to my heart and I wouldn't tradw them for the world. I'm proud of you Little Buddy, may God be with you. My heart goes out to you "mom and dad" and also to Curby and Jerry. God Bless
Niece and Nephew

Beckley, WV

#25 May 10, 2008
Uncle Casey Thank you for everything you did for our country!!! You and Daddy are our Hero. We love you!!
RIP Casey

Albuquerque, NM

#26 May 10, 2008
Well we can all agree we LOVE Casey and are so proud of everything he has done! He truely is a HERO and deserves all of the respect in the world! Sad that there are people out there who want to bash a forum that should be for those of us who respect and honor him. He was the best Uncle to my daughter, and the best brother in law. It's sad that people have to tell us about the kind of things people are saying on here during a hard time for everyone! May you rest in peace Casey...We love you, respect you and THANK you for all you have done for this country to keep us safe!
YFRH

Albuquerque, NM

#28 May 10, 2008
And GOD BLESS this young man. Many people support you 100%! Thank you for serving our country. Rest In Piece. God Bless your family.
Jayde

Madison, TN

#30 May 10, 2008
Niece and Nephew wrote:
Uncle Casey Thank you for everything you did for our country!!! You and Daddy are our Hero. We love you!!
I am so dearly sorry for your loss. I did not know him, but I have heard he was a wonderful man.
Jayde

Madison, TN

#31 May 10, 2008
RIP Casey wrote:
Well we can all agree we LOVE Casey and are so proud of everything he has done! He truely is a HERO and deserves all of the respect in the world! Sad that there are people out there who want to bash a forum that should be for those of us who respect and honor him. He was the best Uncle to my daughter, and the best brother in law. It's sad that people have to tell us about the kind of things people are saying on here during a hard time for everyone! May you rest in peace Casey...We love you, respect you and THANK you for all you have done for this country to keep us safe!
Deepest sympathies to you all in this time. I hope that you know how many of us love, honor, and respect Casey, even though we didnt know him. He is most definitely a HERO!
DADDY KALINKA

Albuquerque, NM

#34 May 11, 2008
I find these words written by a soldier to be a comfort at times.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
1 January 1970
Dak To, Vietnam
Listed as KIA February 7, 1978
Peace be with you my fellow warrior.
Just a thought

Albuquerque, NM

#38 May 11, 2008
God bless to this young man and his family. May all our troops come home safe and sound. Until that day please God stand beside them and their families.
the truth

Albuquerque, NM

#43 May 11, 2008
nobody wrote:
I never served but I too will stand at the gate with you to keep these jerks out and make sure this family is treated with the respect they deserve.
ft campbell wife

Franklin, TN

#45 May 11, 2008
nobody wrote:
He IS on their picket list.....just fyi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DMV experience a painful one (Oct '10) Wed Blinded by the ugly 86
Redburn tires Aug 11 Faker 2
News 'Thump junkie' Tommy Bolack preps for show (Jul '11) Aug 5 Livin Az 23
Goodbye OilfIeld and Coal Companies Aug 5 Inside Line 3
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Jul 25 Richies Cool Man ... 736
News County's justice system corrupt (Oct '10) Jul '17 the victim 52
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Jun '17 sadeyes982003 362

Blanco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanco Mortgages