Census forms skip many in San Juan Co...

Census forms skip many in San Juan County

There are 13 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Apr 11, 2010, titled Census forms skip many in San Juan County. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

U.S. Census Bureau staff are recommending alternate ways for residents to participate after they received numerous complaints of San Juan County residents not receiving a census questionnaire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Slowman

Tuba City, AZ

#1 Apr 12, 2010
If you did not received a census questionaire, you are considered an illegal alien.
Lakewood Native

Denver, CO

#2 Apr 12, 2010
Slowman wrote:
If you did not received a census questionaire, you are considered an illegal alien.
That is a dumb thing to say.
would if I could

Orange, TX

#3 Apr 12, 2010
Some of the rural communities surrounding Bloomfield missing the forms might have had a census survey dropped off by a census worker rather than arrive by mail, potentially causing confusion among residents, said Veronica Arzate De Reyes, the Census Bureau spokeswoman in New Mexico.
****
What, does she think we're stupid? I receive pamphlets from religious organizations, cookies from girl scouts, flyers from neighbor kids doing fundraisers. I did NOT receive a census form. I did not think my form was a cookie or an order for fundraiser items. The form was not dropped off in the guise of a Baptist gift bag. I simply did NOT get one. Nor did my neighbors and several others I have asked.
Lights Out

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Apr 12, 2010
I live just outside Bloomfield and I got 2 forms..
Sam

Farmington, NM

#5 Apr 12, 2010
Lights Out wrote:
I live just outside Bloomfield and I got 2 forms..
Could you please give one to the guy who posted above you? Thanks - Uncle sam
mary williamson

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Apr 12, 2010
I recieved 2 census forms via mail
detective

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Apr 12, 2010
So there's the answer...people who haven't received them had their copies given to someone else. Ha! My work here is done.
jlo

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Apr 12, 2010
With the national average of 65% returning census forms , how is the other 35% figured ?
OlVet2

Rangely, CO

#9 Apr 12, 2010
I understand they forgot a few little things, like Jails and Hospitals...oh well, it is YOUR Government. Every time one of them Census people knock on a door it cost YOU $66 bucks. Remember, every swinging dick the Government hires cost YOU money - How long are you going to put up with it? Remember, we got "America" by taking it away from the bad buys in England - with guns (they, like the people in office now) didn't want to go, so by God, we took it. We need to Take America Back from the "bad guys" in Washington DC. I want MY America back!
Back to Work

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Apr 12, 2010
Didn't get one either!
Back to Work

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Apr 12, 2010
Does that mean I won't have to pay any taxes for the next ten years since I'm not counted as a U.S. citizen?
would if I could

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Apr 12, 2010
So I called the hotline today and requested a census. We will see, we will see...
HeresToBeer

Chandler, AZ

#14 Apr 13, 2010
I sent mine off, but couldn't figure out what race/ethnicity a hispanic person puts on it, so I left it blank.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Mon Rajalihi 365
News Young male drowns in Farmington Lake (Aug '08) Jun 23 Tim 36
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Jun 23 Tim 729
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Jun 23 Tim 54
News New domestic violence hotline helps Native Amer... Jun 23 Tim 4
Money grubbing City Gubbmint Jun 23 Tim 6
Jim Bourke RC Groups Slander Bullying (Dec '08) May 30 lje4357 49

Blanco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanco Mortgages