President Obama's proposals for redu...

President Obama's proposals for reducing gun violence

Posted in the Blanco Forum

factologist

Huntsville, AL

#1 Feb 19, 2013
Here are the 10 big strategies President Obama is pursuing:
* Require criminal background checks for all gun sales.
* Take four executive actions to ensure information on dangerous individuals is available to the background check system.
* Reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban.
* Restore the 10-round limit on ammunition magazines.
* Protect police by finishing the job of getting rid of armor-piercing bullets.
* Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime.
* End the freeze on gun violence research.
* Make our schools safer with more school resource officers and school counselors, safer climates, and better emergency response plans.
* Help ensure that young people get the mental health treatment they need.
* Ensure health insurance plans cover mental health benefits.

“leaning left”

Since: Mar 09

local

#2 Feb 19, 2013
factologist wrote:
Here are the 10 big strategies President Obama is pursuing:
* Require criminal background checks for all gun sales.
* Take four executive actions to ensure information on dangerous individuals is available to the background check system.
* Reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban.
* Restore the 10-round limit on ammunition magazines.
* Protect police by finishing the job of getting rid of armor-piercing bullets.
* Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime.
* End the freeze on gun violence research.
* Make our schools safer with more school resource officers and school counselors, safer climates, and better emergency response plans.
* Help ensure that young people get the mental health treatment they need.
* Ensure health insurance plans cover mental health benefits.
Gee 6 hours have passed and no argument. I take this as a very positive sign...
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Feb 20, 2013
here ya go

VP joe 'foot in mouth' biden suggests homeowners all buy double barrel shotguns not AR15's and if afraid they might be attacked, step on porch and fire in the air.

lolol

who knows, a duck might be flying over ...

wonder if joe bought a bunch of shotgun mfg stock
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#4 Feb 20, 2013
lolol wrote:
here ya go
VP joe 'foot in mouth' biden suggests homeowners all buy double barrel shotguns not AR15's and if afraid they might be attacked, step on porch and fire in the air.
lolol
Now where in the Presidents plan does this appear?
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#5 Feb 20, 2013
bleeding heart liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing the cons/2nd ammend gun nuts could possible say is that "it won't work". That's all they've ever said.
Another one

United States

#7 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
No point in replying. Libs will just keep supporting anything this president does...even if it is illegal executive action, so why bother? Maybe the "gun nuts" are too busy stocking up to care what is said here?
factologist

Huntsville, AL

#8 Feb 20, 2013
Another one wrote:
<quoted text>
No point in replying. Libs will just keep supporting anything this president does...even if it is illegal executive action, so why bother? Maybe the "gun nuts" are too busy stocking up to care what is said here?
What "illegal executive action(s)" are you referring to?

“leaning left”

local

#9 Feb 20, 2013
Another one wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so wrong in your analysis of "LIBS". The "Libs" [unfortunately not many in SJ County] that I converse with are capable of independent, creative, logical thinking. They base their views on facts and evidence. As opposed to the Cons I have dialog with, whom depend on Rush, Hannity, Glen Beck, FOX, or their preacher to tell them what to think. From day one I have been openly critical of the Prez when I disagree. Although, I do cut him a lot slack considering that the cons have been Hell bent on taking him down even if it means the Country be damned.

“leaning left”

local

#10 Feb 20, 2013
Another one wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the "gun nuts" are very busy stocking up on guns and ammo. On visiting local pawn shops I observed long lines, been told they are out of ammo and having trouble getting more in.

There was a posting on a local pawn shop employee's face book page shortly after Sandy Hook, that said in one day they sold over 200 weapons, and took in approx.$100,000.00. His assessment "spooky". I agree.
Hmmmm

Muscle Shoals, AL

#11 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>
You are so wrong in your analysis of "LIBS". The "Libs" [unfortunately not many in SJ County] that I converse with are capable of independent, creative, logical thinking. They base their views on facts and evidence. As opposed to the Cons I have dialog with, whom depend on Rush, Hannity, Glen Beck, FOX, or their preacher to tell them what to think. From day one I have been openly critical of the Prez when I disagree. Although, I do cut him a lot slack considering that the cons have been Hell bent on taking him down even if it means the Country be damned.
Hey, bleeder........George W. Bush.....
Equality

Florence, AL

#12 Apr 17, 2013
Take guns away from everyone! From the police, citizens, Secret Service and etc? No guns, no gun deaths right. Wrong leave gun laws alone!
Chang

Hardy, VA

#13 Apr 17, 2013
No guns worked for Mexico
LOLOL

Los Lunas, NM

#14 Apr 17, 2013
Chang wrote:
No guns worked for Mexico
so true, when the cartels ran short of forepower, our esteemed prez made sure to send some more down there. gun bans bedamnded lololol
General Zapata

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Apr 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, I think Carry A Nickel is probably too busy up in Boston trying to start the 2nd American Revolution.
General Zapata

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Apr 17, 2013
lolol wrote:
here ya go
lolol
Just don't pull a Dick Cheney.
General Zapata

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Apr 17, 2013
Or come to think of it, Carry may be that 58 yo dude that tried to pay a hooker with a happy meal and got busted down in Abq. They said the dude was from F-town and tried to get out of the bust by flashing his NRA membership card. Could explain his absence here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) 4 hr Richies Cool Man ... 733
News DMV experience a painful one (Oct '10) Wed Hush Money MVD 84
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Jul 9 Franco 367
News County's justice system corrupt (Oct '10) Jul 8 the victim 52
News Young male drowns in Farmington Lake (Aug '08) Jun 23 Tim 36
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Jun 23 Tim 54
News New domestic violence hotline helps Native Amer... Jun 23 Tim 4

Blanco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanco Mortgages