Man fires gun into crowd, kills brother

Man fires gun into crowd, kills brother

There are 94 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Sep 27, 2008, titled Man fires gun into crowd, kills brother. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

A 20-year-old man was arrested Saturday for killing his brother with a shotgun after firing shots into a crowd of people during a party at a County Road 5500 residence, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Latina In Bloomfield

Albuquerque, NM

#110 Oct 5, 2008
To a Little coffee..
Good point....I do at times let them makes fools out of themselves with there racial remarks only shows me that ppl out there are that ignorant to say its only the other races and not there own
I thank you for them wise words!!
Latina In Bloomfield

Albuquerque, NM

#111 Oct 5, 2008
pinktaco4lunch wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think all hispanics are bad people....my opinion is that bad parenting is the problem...my mom used to teach at bloomfield middle school...and she watched some of these kids have no chance... their are good kids and bad...
I blame the parents
I rag on Bloomfeild alot because I can't go to a public restroom w/o seeing gang graffiti all over the walls...and lets not forget all the shootings that occur there....so go ahead and defend your city and the bad parents all you want...
There are good people and bad people reguardless of race...it just happens some bad hispanics from bloomfield make the news all the time..
/pinky
All i have to say Your being too judgemental with the hispanic's.. and In reality Not all the crime happens here in Bloomfield. and defending the parents In not raising there children right I dont.. its not usually the parenting that goes wrong its the ppl who they hang out with that usually turns there cycle a different direction.
Yes i have seen and heard all the shootings that come around here in Bloomfield but comeon as if farmington / aztec hasnt done any shootings either I feel all has done that with troubled teens and adults..So just one thing.. dont be so judgemental

what do you expect

Albuquerque, NM

#112 Oct 8, 2008
once again hillbillys
why so serious

Phoenix, AZ

#113 Oct 8, 2008
woops wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should have stayed in high school. You spelled "right" and I hope you meant "write".
who cares! You were able to comprehend the statement anyways. F ** king self-righteous people on the boards. "Because your grammar is substandard, I will make an ad-hominem attack against you to prove you are wrong" Tards!
shut up

Rio Rancho, NM

#115 Oct 9, 2008
Ok so one last time, NO I will NOT go kill on of my family members. And does everyone in here that is trash talking realize that Oscar has to live with the guilt of killing his brother! OBVIOUSLY not. Tell me I need to grow up, I would re-evaluate some of your thinking. As for the people in here trying to defend their race, be proud that you don't get down to the others level.
Mexicans aren't bad people, and FYI Oscar isn't mexican! Neither are Native Americans, African Americans, Whites, Indians from India, even if your damn purple you arent a bad person! I am grown, and I have a life not to be on here bashing people 24-7.
JusticeShouldRul e

Bonifay, FL

#116 Oct 9, 2008
omfglmfao wrote:
<quoted text>
Good things you went to high school and learnded how to read and right.
right??? you mean write? lol
Get over yourselves

Richardson, TX

#117 Nov 4, 2008
Ho Hum wrote:
<quoted text>He was drunk? I don't know about you and your friends but I have never shot and killed someone when I've been drinking! I don't know but even drunk I'm sure you realize that when you point a gun at a group of people you're bound to hit something! Stop making excuses for these people.
He didn't even know he did it. I'm not making excuses I'm telling you sometimes bad things happen to good people! he is not a bad person, even after the fact that his brother lost his life. Has some sympathy geeze. How do you people live with yourselves?
Ho Hum

Grand Junction, CO

#118 Nov 4, 2008
a little coffee please wrote:
<quoted text>
Latina, I had pretty much stopped reading this post because of the stupid racial comments,it's vile,disgusting and sub-human.
I have come to the conclusion that these race baiter/haters are like the bullies on a play ground. They don't feel very good about themselves so they must belittle and humiliate others to give themselves a bit of an ego boost.
Like most bullies I feel that if we (the sane ones) ignore them they will go away.
I would prefer to believe the baiter/haters are just trying to pull us in to their little sick games. Let them play the game by themselves and they will eventually get bored and go away.
Why it is when people don't agree with "your" views it is always because they are racist? This is one SJC resident who is sick and tired of being called a racist just because I don't accept the violence going on here!
Ho Hum

Grand Junction, CO

#119 Nov 4, 2008
Get over yourselves wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't even know he did it. I'm not making excuses I'm telling you sometimes bad things happen to good people! he is not a bad person, even after the fact that his brother lost his life. Has some sympathy geeze. How do you people live with yourselves?
How do YOU people live with yourselves? He killed someone, what part of that do you people not understand. GOOD people do not shoot at other people, GOOD people do not get so drunk that they don't know what they're doing...but GOOD people do take responsibility for their actions.
Bobby

Florence, AL

#120 Nov 4, 2008
I'm all for Mexicans shooting other Mexicans. It's a different story if they're shooting at non-Mexicans.
Shell Bell

Milford, OH

#121 Nov 4, 2008
Mexican American wrote:
<quoted text>(your own country????)We are Mexican Americans this is our county!!
Ummm....if this is your country, too, then you are an American, period. Why do people feel the need to designate their ancestry in front of their country of residence? I don't go around telling everyone I'm an Irish-German-French American, because:
#1. It sounds retarded.
#2. It would be pretty presumptuous of me to think that anyone gives a horses hiney what my ancestry is.
It just sounds kind of oxymoronic to say it's your country, but then call yourself a Mexican American. Not that you shouldn't be proud of your heritage. I just don't understand at all why people feel the need to do this.
Get over yourselves

Richardson, TX

#122 Nov 6, 2008
Ho Hum wrote:
<quoted text> How do YOU people live with yourselves? He killed someone, what part of that do you people not understand. GOOD people do not shoot at other people, GOOD people do not get so drunk that they don't know what they're doing...but GOOD people do take responsibility for their actions.
So when a cop shoots someone in self defense that means they are a bad person? I don't think so! Oscar didn't shoot anyone in self defense... I'm sure thats what you were thinking. But he was not aiming to kill his brother! Yes, he mad some bad decisions that night that resulted in the death of his brother, but he will live with that for the rest of his life! He will be a prisoner in his own mind because he killed his brother.
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#123 Nov 6, 2008
"What is this idiot thinking, shooting a shot gun into a crowd?
His brother paid with his life for this.'

Do you guys realize that this boy is good friends with Anthony Potter. The boyfriend of Jayni Cline. She was killled the exact same way in almost the same area. These kids won't learn!!!!
11 4 08 sad day N history

Richardson, TX

#124 Nov 10, 2008
Just Me wrote:
"What is this idiot thinking, shooting a shot gun into a crowd?
His brother paid with his life for this.'
Do you guys realize that this boy is good friends with Anthony Potter. The boyfriend of Jayni Cline. She was killled the exact same way in almost the same area. These kids won't learn!!!!
Anthony didn't kill Jayne idiot! Anthony was not the one shooting a gun in to the croud. Anthony watched his girlfriend die in his arms. It was not in the same area, it was in crouch mesa, and he was not good friends with Anthony, they were friends, but nothing like you are making it sound... wow you got this all wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) 1 hr Richies Cool Man ... 733
News DMV experience a painful one (Oct '10) 21 hr Hush Money MVD 84
News NM bill outlaws smoking in vehicles with kids (Feb '09) Jul 9 Franco 367
News County's justice system corrupt (Oct '10) Jul 8 the victim 52
News Young male drowns in Farmington Lake (Aug '08) Jun 23 Tim 36
News Woman pleads to murder for role in drunken fight (May '09) Jun 23 Tim 54
News New domestic violence hotline helps Native Amer... Jun 23 Tim 4

Blanco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanco Mortgages