Man fires gun into crowd, kills brother

A 20-year-old man was arrested Saturday for killing his brother with a shotgun after firing shots into a crowd of people during a party at a County Road 5500 residence, authorities said. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Sanostee, NM

#2 Sep 28, 2008
Valdez is charged with an open count of murder, three counts of child abuse, four counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, shooting at a motor vehicle and negligent use of a deadly weapon. If convicted as charged, the man faces life in prison. Well we have a winner here.....
Daddy Kalinka

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Sep 28, 2008
Well knowing the court system the charges may change to hunting without a license and then charges dropped because he is the sole surviving son.I think the evolution process reached its peak years ago and is now on the down swing.
omg

Littleton, CO

#4 Sep 28, 2008
This is so ghetto !!! lol. Good things I left San Juan County, New Mexico right after high school LOL !!!

I'm not sorry for this family at all because karma apparently came back !!!
omfglmfao

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Sep 28, 2008
omg wrote:
This is so ghetto !!! lol. Good things I left San Juan County, New Mexico right after high school LOL !!!
I'm not sorry for this family at all because karma apparently came back !!!
Good things you went to high school and learnded how to read and right.
Joe

El Paso, TX

#6 Sep 28, 2008
Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico.

Of course any decent person would have left that party when the fights first began so who really cares if those who hung around got shot.
Sicko

Chinle, AZ

#7 Sep 28, 2008
Bloomfield, Blanco and Farmington are little Mexico ruled by Mexican mafia and drug dealers. Valdez was a known drug dope and alcoholic, who has no regard for the lives of people around him. His family has ties to Mexican mafia, they can kill each other on the spot. Police have looked away for years letting fiasco continue. The court will let him off or they will go after the judge and DA and their families.
Toodaloo from Ogden

Clearfield, UT

#8 Sep 28, 2008
I grew up in the good ole town of Bloomfield and believe me there were never no news like whats been happening there now days. His parents are probably people i went to high school with and back then the Valdez were very descent people and along with all the other people in Blanco, so i dont think bloomfield of any of that area is anything like Mexico or full of Mexicans. These are just kids growing up in society now days and with so much violence and alcohol its sad to hear this tradgedy and its so that i have a 20yr old and a 22yr old both boys and they are best friends, and i still hang on to them and pray for them everyday so all this family needs right now is our prayers, its just a freak accident and im sure they were best friends too. Dont make it any worse for the Valdez family.
return of old west

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Sep 28, 2008
I wish they could just get rid of all the murderers no matter the race. Why do they sit in jail building their muscles & having a vacation while the rest of us have to work our butts off to pay for their incarceration with our tax dollars? The government would spend less money if they did.
beavis

Spring, TX

#13 Sep 28, 2008
I like that comment you made, "Y Que". How do you know Teresa Oldman. I knew a Teresa out on the rez. Or may be you where trying to say something else.

Y o u m a y n e e d t o w o r k o n t h a t g r a m m e r a l i t t l e.

$100 bucks says he's illegal and will never go to trial. We all must remember that he's like everyone else in this situation, it's not his fault, it's the gun.
WHAT

Salt Lake City, UT

#14 Sep 28, 2008
Another Mexican Killing his own brother. Go Back to Mexico!
Y QUE

Dallas, TX

#15 Sep 28, 2008
beavis wrote:
I like that comment you made, "Y Que". How do you know Teresa Oldman. I knew a Teresa out on the rez. Or may be you where trying to say something else.
Y o u m a y n e e d t o w o r k o n t h a t g r a m m e r a l i t t l e.
$100 bucks says he's illegal and will never go to trial. We all must remember that he's like everyone else in this situation, it's not his fault, it's the gun.
uuu the official grammar patrol
Shannon

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Sep 28, 2008
I was with a cousin of these young men yesterday helping my son and his friends buy clothes for homecoming. I felt horrible for this kid having heard that his cousin was killed via cell phone in the middle of the Coronado Mall parking lot. Society is so twisted that they forget that a life has been lost here. Standing on your soap box waiving your finger about a life that's lost and calling it justified because he's hispanic is disgusting. That's is precisely what makes me sick to be a fellow american to trash such as yourselves...
FYI, this comment is being made by a very white woman.
more coffee please

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Sep 28, 2008
Last names can be handed down for so many generations, that the holder of that last name may be as white as me, or many of you making these awful hateful comments.
I have seen about as many, obviously Native Amaricans with traditionally Hispanic last names. I have seen many cacausian looking people with Hispanic last names also.
These boys may look Hispanic, Native Amarican, or Caucasion,but it is irrelivant. A young man took his brothers life through stupidity.
I would assume this is going to be very hard on every one involved. Show a little compassion, because no matter the race this family needs prayers not racist comments.
Harvey

Bell Gardens, CA

#19 Sep 28, 2008
What is this idiot thinking, shooting a shot gun into a crowd?
His brother paid with his life for this.
357mag

Thoreau, NM

#20 Sep 28, 2008
Hey that shotgun blast woke me up and I that it was someone shooting a skunk or something blowing up. That close is to close.Stupid is Stupid,he apparently intended to do harm if he is using a shotgun,good thing he didnt have an assult weapon i my have been a victim.Their are a lot of people that think that this area being close to the BLM is a good place to have liquor and drug parties.If any of the SJSO reads this you need to do regular patrol of this area on West Hammond stop by the neighbors and talk to us about what we see and hear,it might just help.I have lived out here for 25 years and I dont even Know but one deputy's name.
woops

Rio Rancho, NM

#21 Sep 28, 2008
omfglmfao wrote:
<quoted text>
Good things you went to high school and learnded how to read and right.
Maybe you should have stayed in high school. You spelled "right" and I hope you meant "write".
greg

Chinle, AZ

#25 Sep 28, 2008
an example of what ALCOHOL can do to a family. two brothers my, my. one dead, the other will wish he was too. in every culture, family is so important. alcohol with divide and destroy that family love.

“wonderful mom of three ”

Since: Sep 08

az

#26 Sep 28, 2008
wow very sad
Blmf resident

Albuquerque, NM

#27 Sep 28, 2008
357mag wrote:
Hey that shotgun blast woke me up and I that it was someone shooting a skunk or something blowing up. That close is to close.Stupid is Stupid,he apparently intended to do harm if he is using a shotgun,good thing he didnt have an assult weapon i my have been a victim.Their are a lot of people that think that this area being close to the BLM is a good place to have liquor and drug parties.If any of the SJSO reads this you need to do regular patrol of this area on West Hammond stop by the neighbors and talk to us about what we see and hear,it might just help.I have lived out here for 25 years and I dont even Know but one deputy's name.
Amen to that, it was way to close.
Latina In Bloomfield

Rio Rancho, NM

#30 Sep 28, 2008
pinktaco4lunch wrote:
<quoted text>
I just came in here to say I told you the next killing would come from someone in Bloomfield.....you must be proud!
Better Get your facts Right and read the paper more .. You arent right about that... so start listening to the news or Read more..(Pinky)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Mexico AG to investigate gas prices in Four... 10 hr time wasters 1
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... Sep 19 Richies Cool Man ... 193
FPD Bored? Sep 18 MXMNCSGB 19
Doors likely to close at Four Winds Recovery Ce... Sep 17 bout time 1
Does Islam promote violence Sep 17 Nope 3
Bloomfield's insurer says lawsuits against city... Sep 16 lyndy 1
Four people face felonies in Cigarette Outlet r... Sep 16 profiling 1
•••
Blanco Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Blanco Jobs

•••