US oil and natural gas rig count up by 1 [1:07 p.m.]

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

The number of rigs actively exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. rose by one this week to 1,887. Houston-based drilling product provider Baker Hughes Inc.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Apr 14, 2014
Morton D

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

Fuel has doubled in price, and the rig count up by one! President Obama should be proud of his booming economy! Stimulus and all!

It only took tripling the national debt and pushing the United States to near bankruptcy to do it! Yay!
Why Dat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

Gee Morty, thats alot of blame for just one person.
It seems to me alot more people had a hand in this mess that we find our selves in.

Supply side economic policies have shown over and over they do not work.
Too many greedy people on top. Tax breaks for the rich do not stimulate anything, the rich just keep the money. Trickle down my a**.

Greedy people at the top have driven us to near bankruptcy.

If state side oil companys want to drill, they would drill, its still cheaper to buy from Canada.
dog house

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

I would like to see the rig count down to around 400.
Morton D

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2011

Judged:

Why Dat wrote:
Gee Morty, thats alot of blame for just one person.
It seems to me alot more people had a hand in this mess that we find our selves in.
Supply side economic policies have shown over and over they do not work.
Too many greedy people on top. Tax breaks for the rich do not stimulate anything, the rich just keep the money. Trickle down my ****.
Greedy people at the top have driven us to near bankruptcy.
If state side oil companys want to drill, they would drill, its still cheaper to buy from Canada.
Barack Obama is President because he wanted the job. He promised us hope and change. He promised people the world. He promised us it all in his first term.

He lied. His policies have make the recession longer. His policies have driven us deeper into debt. Face it, his policies have failed us, and failed us horribly.

Smart people knew they would all along. Smart people didn't vote for Obama in the first place.

Supply side economics always work. Tax breaks always stimulate the economy, just as increased taxes always drag it down. Greedy government people have driven us to near bankruptcy.

Oil companies in the United States will not drill in an overregulated, unstable market, with no clear direction from our leader.

President Obama's stimulus was an expensive joke, on us, the American people. Problem is we aren't laughing with him.
Why Dat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Judged:

Hey Morty, Look closer at what Mr Reagen did during the 80 ies.Im not so sure you are following exactly what he did. I think you just listened to Fox news. Did you read the proposed budget that Mr. Bush had prepared before he left office? He knew what was coming. Wink Wink, Nod Nod
Borrow and spend

Selling Derivatives used to be criminal, until big business cry-babied and whined about not making enough money and over-regulation. Look where just this one thing got us.

Your going to blame Obama for Madolff? You think he can just snap his fingers?

Sure the USA spends to much. Blame it all on Obama? By the way, he killed all the whales also.

All the big corporate leaders are home-baised out of the country now, they are not paying any taxes. So they need more tax relief??? so they can spend more money?
The Driller

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Judged:

The BOOM is on!

[like kids, everyone blames someone else... Oil is jobs, not McDoland's Jobs, not Walmart Jobs, but Jobs that will feed a family.

Drilling for Oil/Gas creates more jobs than flipin' hambergers...

I am starting to think OBAMB hates the Oil Patch?

That will teach you Sourthern States not to Vote for him!

[WAR is GOOD Business, INVEST YOUR SONS]
Morton D

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Judged:

Why Dat wrote:
Hey Morty, Look closer at what Mr Reagen did during the 80 ies.Im not so sure you are following exactly what he did. I think you just listened to Fox news. Did you read the proposed budget that Mr. Bush had prepared before he left office? He knew what was coming. Wink Wink, Nod Nod
Borrow and spend
Selling Derivatives used to be criminal, until big business cry-babied and whined about not making enough money and over-regulation. Look where just this one thing got us.
Your going to blame Obama for Madolff? You think he can just snap his fingers?
Sure the USA spends to much. Blame it all on Obama? By the way, he killed all the whales also.
All the big corporate leaders are home-baised out of the country now, they are not paying any taxes. So they need more tax relief??? so they can spend more money?
Bush isn't president anymore. Might be news to you, but he hasn't been for a couple years now. But if you are going to excuse Obama because he's just doing what Bush did, that's pretty weak. Might as well have had a Bush third term, eh?

Over regulation kills the economy. Always has, always will. Forcing banks to make home loans to people who don't deserve to own a home, and who cannot pay back the loan, is government regulation at it's worst.

Couldn't care less about Madoff. You pays yer money, you takes yer chances.

Current increases in spending I blame entirely on Obama. He and the Democrats have tripled Bush's debt..yes, Obama's fault.

Couldn't care less about the whales. The Japanese can cut 'em up and sell their parts. Parts is parts.
Turtle

Carson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Morton D wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush isn't president anymore. Might be news to you, but he hasn't been for a couple years now. But if you are going to excuse Obama because he's just doing what Bush did, that's pretty weak. Might as well have had a Bush third term, eh?
Over regulation kills the economy. Always has, always will. Forcing banks to make home loans to people who don't deserve to own a home, and who cannot pay back the loan, is government regulation at it's worst.
Current increases in spending I blame entirely on Obama. He and the Democrats have tripled Bush's debt..yes, Obama's fault.
Couldn't care less about the whales. The Japanese can cut 'em up and sell their parts. Parts is parts.
I agree on everything except the whales part.
Drilling on land is one thing, man barely has control over his own ass much less the earth.
We might contain a spill or disaster on land and mitigate damage to nature and life but the oceans are bigger than man.
The ocean is evidence that we are still on the food chain and though we navigate them we are far from in control.
Nature will dictate our future.
If we ever discover a way to guarantee no chance of failure of drilling offshore (and I know we are doing it now with little effect that we know of) then maybe we could continue.
But to have even one spill is one to many.
The unknown damage and loss of species that link every other species to our exsistance on this plant will be our demise.
Maybe, maybe not but why take that chance for a temporary fix to an addiction that has only been around a few years compared to the span of time man has been here.
We were using whales for oil to lube cars transmissions for years.
We were using whales for oil to light lamps
(some still do)
Why not preserve the fishes and their habitat cause they have the potential to feed us.
Not to mention the ability to find cures or medicine in plants or life forms yet to be discovered.
Yeah I know it's all a big what if but I tend to play it safe.
I would only advise a very small calculated risk if any.
Who knows they may be smarter than us.
There are some species that have survived for millions of years.
I don't think mankind will be one of them at the rate we are going.
Water is scarce and desalination has be come common in some countries.
Preservation is good common sense.
To continue to take and not give back will empty the til.
So no, don't continue to buy made in japan if they kill and use every critter on the face of the planet to satisfy some weird habit.
White rino horn makes it stiff, yeah right.
Just saying.
Why Dat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Morton D wrote:
<quoted text>
Forcing people to make home loans?

Under regulation busts the bank,fills the pockets of the rich. For what end means?
We are still feeling the effects of underegulation now.

Triple? I think you have not read bush's last budget.

Greed is the blame.

Yes it feels like a third term. Blame one person? Im thinking you still believe in Santa Claus, the flying spagitti monster, and the easter bunny.

Look at your good book,it will tell you how to behave, and treat people. Whales too.

Did you ever work a union job?
Why Dat

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

could not care less about madoff ??

The succer punch of the decade ??

You pays yer money, you takes yer chances ??

People prey on each other people cause they are stupid ??

Im not sure you have the good book to read.

On yea just the jewish part.
Vod Kanockers

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Morton D wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack Obama is President because he wanted the job. He promised us hope and change. He promised people the world. He promised us it all in his first term.
He lied. His policies have make the recession longer. His policies have driven us deeper into debt. Face it, his policies have failed us, and failed us horribly.
Smart people knew they would all along. Smart people didn't vote for Obama in the first place.
Supply side economics always work. Tax breaks always stimulate the economy, just as increased taxes always drag it down. Greedy government people have driven us to near bankruptcy.
Oil companies in the United States will not drill in an overregulated, unstable market, with no clear direction from our leader.
President Obama's stimulus was an expensive joke, on us, the American people. Problem is we aren't laughing with him.
Give me 3 examples of how and when it worked?
mikewatson

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2014

Judged:

Energy has bending with price, and the rig count up simply by a single! Chief executive Obama needs to be like to show off his / her flourishing economic climate! Obama's stimulus along with almost all!
That just took tripling this national credit card debt along with pressing the us for you to in close proximity to personal bankruptcy to do the item.
http://goo.gl/CHn4oC
thomasotto

Wyoming, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2014

I think thay are all scrud up what about all the water that spoyed from them shoting down the hole

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for San Juan County was issued at August 01 at 10:18AM MDT

•••
•••
•••
Blanco Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Blanco Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000