Blanchard city councilman claims frau...

Blanchard city councilman claims fraud spoiled election in April

There are 17 comments on the NewsOK.com story from Jan 17, 2012, titled Blanchard city councilman claims fraud spoiled election in April. In it, NewsOK.com reports that:

A Blanchard city councilman has asked the FBI to investigate allegations of voter fraud in last April's Blanchard municipal election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOK.com.

Pull the other One

Blanchard, OK

#1 Jan 18, 2012
This guy is blowing smoke trying to divert everyone's attention away from the fact that he is breaking the law by not calling an election for Ward 1 twice. The city attorney told him the law. Also, this is to cover up that he appointed someone to WARD 2 on the council after saying the people had a right to vote for who they wanted for Ward 1.
HE has broken the LAW!!! He has denied and taken away people's rights. He needs to be prosecuted.
Outraged

Blanchard, OK

#2 Jan 18, 2012
What a load of bull. He is the one who is breaking the law.
Let it go

Union City, OK

#3 Jan 18, 2012
Are these people worried what an audit will uncover in the City of Blanchard? This voter fraud is a serious matter and the illegal voters should be prosecuted. Who knows what else will be revealed during this audit? When is everyone going to let the WARD 2 issue lay to rest? It's over.....let it go!
Outraged

Newcastle, OK

#4 Jan 18, 2012
To Let It Go: We aren't afraid of an audit. We are outraged at them for taking away our rights! That is by far more serious. These people have broken the law by taking away our right to an election. They should be prosecuted! Let it go???? How dare you! Let them take away your rights. Almost sounds as if you are one of them or their groupies who sit and applaud every illegal act that is done as long as you benefit from it.
Unbelievable

Newcastle, OK

#5 Jan 18, 2012
To let it go, I also say How Dare You! You think taking away everyone's rights is okay because some politician and his friends are trying to cover up what he is really doing. Let's see, remember alleged voting irregularities that were proven in the last presidential election ... so now we shouldn't have a presidential election because of these, right? Wait, there were also alleged voting irregularities in the election for governor, for state senator, for state representative, for US representative, for US senators ... so we should never have an election? How dumb can you be and how corrupt are they?
Let it go

Union City, OK

#6 Jan 19, 2012
Esp for Outraged and Unbelievable, first of all I pray for people like you everyday and now I will pray for your city.
Secondly, it's sad you have to resort to name calling but it seems typical considering the world we live in today.
I can assure you I'm not "dumb" by any means and I'm not a "groupie" for I do not sleep around with musicians. And I'm not quite sure about the comment of "benefit from it" when I don't live in Blanchard? Hmmmmmm
At any rate.....let God's Plan BE God's Plan.......and Let It Go!!!!!
Unbelievable

Newcastle, OK

#7 Jan 20, 2012
To Let It Go: When good men do nothing, evil triumphs. Evil, sin and sinful men must be opposed. God commands those who are good, not just to avoid evil but actively oppose it.
Christians are to not only to "have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but (also) reprove them" (Eph. 5:11). Those who do nothing about sin and evil, help the sin and evil to prevail. One who is silent when there are those around him in sin becomes a partaker with them (Eph. 5:7). People won't stand up for Christ and against evil and want to use the Bible as an excuse for doing nothing. Well, God doesn't say that. Let it go? Not hardly. I will continue to stand up for Christ and to continue to fight evil. The definition of groupie is an enthusiastic fan. I didn't accuse you of sleeping with musicians. Hmmmmmm What would have happened if the people said "let it go" during the American Revolution? That attitude will make everyone lose all their rights in our country!
Free at Last

Blanchard, OK

#8 Jan 30, 2012
Finally, the town is free of this embarrassment. He quit the council and our town. It appears he and the other councilman who were there before the election last year didn't do their jobs and forgot to file the paperwork with the election board. It sounds like to me it wasn't the voters who messed up, it was them. Maybe they and their buddies are the ones who need investigating???
Wishing for More Justice

Blanchard, OK

#9 Feb 8, 2012
This guy's two buddies were indicted. It would have been nice if they had company to join them.
A Blanchard Citizen

Blanchard, OK

#10 Feb 11, 2012
I am outraged that the last election to vote for City Council Representatives was contaminated by illegal voters from the de-annexed area around Blanchard. The representatives that were elected are holding office under false pretenses and a new election should be held to vote for those positions again along with replacing vacant positions now being held by appointed persons.
The people from the de-annexed area had full knowledge they were voting illegally and should be charged to the full extent of the law. This is more important to me than the axe grinding against the former city councilman and police chief. Blanchard is dying as a town under all this conflict. The comment that it is "one of the fastest growing towns in Oklahoma" is totally false. Our tax revenues were the only town in the metro area to go down while the towns around us are experiencing record growth. Wake up Blanchard.
You Are Nuts

Blanchard, OK

#11 Feb 11, 2012
To "A Blanchard Citizen", I say horse manure. The person who is still in office and Lynn McCumber beat their opponents by more than the 50+ votes you or your friends say were fraudulent...and you or your friend was beat by 166 votes. With the charges of trying to bribe the one newly elected official, it really makes it more suspicious that the ward maps were not sent to the election board for two years and before the election as required by LAW. That needs an investigation and charges filed too!! There are NO false pretenses except maybe the concern expressed by you and your friends, and what in my opinion are highly questionable actions of Mike Ferencich! You are not concerned about CORRUPTION in our government???? What kind of sick person are you???? That isn't ax-grinding. Get over the election. You or your friends lost. Thank God!!! Especially, if you think corruption isn't important!!!! Oh, wait, were these some of your friends too???? Did you have something to gain too??? Were you and/or your friends appointed to the Board of Adjustments to get roads fixed at the city's and all taxpayers' expense??? Maybe we need to have those things investigated?? Blanchard needs to get rid of all corruption!!!
Get Rid of the Corruption

Blanchard, OK

#12 Feb 13, 2012
Bravo, "You Are Nuts." I think anyone who takes away or supports taking away our constitutional rights is corrupt! Sounds like sour grapes, or they have something they were planning to profit from. Maybe the FBI needs to investigate them.
Someone who cares

Tulsa, OK

#13 Feb 16, 2012
everyone has a part to say. That's why we have the 1st admendment. So I need to say something. Tom Linn and Bill Edwards did the city wrong and have been doing so for awhile now. Why dont any of you go to the city hall and ask for records? It is all public record. Tom Linn as chief of police did alot of those officers wrong. He threatened them with termination's, write up's, sanction's, and anything else he could of done. He did what ever he wanted to do. He had Bill Edwards in his back pocket. Tom Linn with the approval of Bill Edwards was allowed to take his assigned city vehicle, that you as tax payers who pay the gas bill, take it where ever he wanted. Tom Linn was seen in Yukon Ok. at a resturant eating dinner at 7:00 pm with his wife. Now you tell me what is corrupt? As far as a council member misleading the citizens, well I seem to remember him saying he wanted to get rid of the corruption, and by the look of it he did!!!!!!!!!!
Get Rid of the Corruption

Blanchard, OK

#14 Feb 16, 2012
He didn't finish it. Unfortunately, the person joined forces with the ones who were left. Too bad. He might have been a hero if he hadn't gone over to the dark side to get what HE wanted.
concerned citizen

Blanchard, OK

#15 Feb 18, 2012
To someone who cares: It would do no good to go to city hall and ask for the public records. One of Bill Edwards last ploys was to shred most of the public records before he left.
Seeing through You

Blanchard, OK

#16 Feb 18, 2012
A Blanchard Citizen wrote:
I am outraged that the last election to vote for City Council Representatives was contaminated by illegal voters from the de-annexed area around Blanchard. The representatives that were elected are holding office under false pretenses and a new election should be held to vote for those positions again along with replacing vacant positions now being held by appointed persons.
The people from the de-annexed area had full knowledge they were voting illegally and should be charged to the full extent of the law. This is more important to me than the axe grinding against the former city councilman and police chief. Blanchard is dying as a town under all this conflict. The comment that it is "one of the fastest growing towns in Oklahoma" is totally false. Our tax revenues were the only town in the metro area to go down while the towns around us are experiencing record growth. Wake up Blanchard.
The only person left up there from the last election is up there LEGALLY cause he beat you or your friend, even if there are 50 who voted that weren't suppose to. It is your council friends' fault for not doing their job and not giving the map to the election board, which was the LAW, for TWO years. To me, THAT should be criminal! I hope the FBI or DA files charges on them.
Stand on your self-rightousness somewhere else whoever you are, because people see through you! It seems the only contamination in our town comes from people like you. Of course, you want a new election, because didn't you or your friend lose that election. The only "false pretenses" are your concerns.
Frankly, the town is getting sick and tired of this person and their friends. They are the biggest joke in this town right now. They stood up and wanted the councilmen to TAKE AWAY OUR RIGHTS! Then they think we should be grateful to them??? We do not appreciate that in this town! I think they are like the one person on the council who think the citizens of Blanchard are all dumb. They need to go be with the people who think like them over in those other countries where they have no rights. Maybe their two friends, now three, on the council might join them! Maybe then they would know how precious our rights are.
If there is true justice, all of them will be charged with crimes by the FBI or DA ... maybe, conspiracy to defraud the citizens of Blanchard of their Constitutional Rights?????????? So let them keep on digging away, building the case, and providing the proof!
Disgusted with small town

Blanchard, OK

#17 Oct 1, 2012
Same old story, small town politics and small town events are run by small people who see themselves as above everyone else. Forget it if you aren't family, or a friend of the family they want for their unqualified leaders. So, it is just a small town way of fighting it out in a small town way by each others cliques. A very revealing way to show the world how unintelligent they really are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanchard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kimberly Lavone Cox: Stuck Up and Conceited 14 hr Gilbert Johnson 7
Norman Teacher Paige Holden May 20 Dewey Hembree 7
News Randy Krehbiel: Running government on the cheap... May 18 drivingaway 1
Stylist Brandi McCoy (Oct '16) May 16 GiantClick 25
Nathanael Kent Shaffer DUI arrrst (Apr '16) May 15 Jamie Dundee 21
News Police searching for two missing people (Oct '10) May 15 Sal-Nancys-daugher 84
News Comments solicited about I-35 corridor from Nor... May 3 mynickelsworth 1

Blanchard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanchard Mortgages