Attorney: Blanchard Mother Has The Ri...

Attorney: Blanchard Mother Has The Right To Shoot Intruder

There are 13 comments on the NewsOn6 Tulsa story from Jan 2, 2012, titled Attorney: Blanchard Mother Has The Right To Shoot Intruder. In it, NewsOn6 Tulsa reports that:

A lawyer says the young mother who shot and killed an intruder this weekend was in the right, and police say so far, they have no reason to question her actions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOn6 Tulsa.

Mike S

Scott Air Force Base, IL

#1 Jan 4, 2012
The Young mother who protected her child and herself against the criminals did exactly the right thing. I pray that she is at peace with her decision, and does not suffer any emotional stress from the situation. The criminals willingly put her in the terrible situation and brought it upon themselves.
She is to be held faultless for her actions and I hope she is 100% able to put it behind her and move on with her life.
Roy

Portsmouth, VA

#2 Jan 4, 2012
The folks at www.fark.com seem to support her decision .

http://www.fark.com/comments/6858912/A-recent...
Kim Balzer

Lyndon, KS

#3 Jan 4, 2012
Congrats to her on making the right decision for herself and her son. Criminals make the decisions to risk their lives whenever they break the law. He should have known better than to mess with a packing mother... I am proud to say this young woman has gained my respect. Former Blanchard Oklahoma resident.
lakerfan

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Jan 4, 2012
I also agree that she did the right thing by defending herself and her child. It isn't her fault that she was put in the position to have to do that. Most of all I'm sorry she's had to go through the illness and loss of her husband.
Truth

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jan 4, 2012
To bad she didn't get both of them!
DOH

Van Nuys, CA

#6 Jan 5, 2012
what would a warning shot have accomplished. my guess is these two guys would have ran and never returned. but if she would have done that she wouldnt have been able to pose while holding a gun and probably end up making a few bucks off it.
Double HAHA

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Jan 6, 2012
DOH wrote:
what would a warning shot have accomplished. my guess is these two guys would have ran and never returned. but if she would have done that she wouldnt have been able to pose while holding a gun and probably end up making a few bucks off it.
What's all this talk about warning shots from you illiterate pieces of crap? Don't you know there are city ordinances against firing a firearm in the city limits. Had she fired a random shot, she could be cited. And why? So one worthless waste of bones and flesh could live? God bless this mother, and may Martin's soul rot in hell, along with his buddies when the lifers put him there.
Arkansas Girl

United States

#8 Jan 6, 2012
Im so proud of this girl for being so brave and doing what she had to do to protect her family.

Warning shot? Growing up in Southwest Arkansas, I never heard of such a thing as a warning shot. The fact is if you're an intruder and breaking into MY home your actions are enough warning to ME that I am in danger and I'll answer you're warning promptly and efficiently. You may or may not hear the whirling buzz or "warning" as the bullet shreads your skull.:)

& Whoever said that they didnt know she was home, why did he have a knife in his gloved hand? I agree with a previous poster: He wasnt using it to spread butter.
saywhat

San Diego, CA

#9 Jan 6, 2012
My guess is that after he killed her dogs the week before, she had an idea who might have done it. She was smart to let the knife toting, dog-killing, good boy break into the house. Did they do a drug test on the corpse?
Whatgoingon

Altus, OK

#10 Jan 7, 2012
I would like to know the whole story. Why would a nice looking 18 year old marry a 58 year old grandpa one month before he dies? Why did she have a PO against Rocky Mckinley a child molester that is now in prison? It seems like she needed a gun several years ago...
ManOfTheHouse

Marquette, MI

#11 Jan 7, 2012
Kim Balzer wrote:
Criminals make the decisions to risk their lives whenever they break the law. He should have known better than to mess with a packing mother...
They definitely could have done a better job of it. Heck, had they played their cards right, they could have had the valuables, the house stash of drugs and couple of turns at the MILF before escaping into the night, never to be seen again.
Jarhead

Fallbrook, CA

#12 Jan 7, 2012
Whatgoingon wrote:
I would like to know the whole story. Why would a nice looking 18 year old marry a 58 year old grandpa one month before he dies? Why did she have a PO against Rocky Mckinley a child molester that is now in prison? It seems like she needed a gun several years ago...
The only story that needs to be told, has been. If you break in a door to someone's house, you get shot in the head, and if you have a stupid friend with you that survives, he gets charged with murder. Doesn't matter who the shooter is, or what their background may be. One shot, One kill. OoRah!!!
Arkansas Girl

United States

#13 Jan 7, 2012
Whatgoingon wrote:
I would like to know the whole story.
Yeah. Okay..? Any possible skeletons or dirt you wanna throw at her is completely irrelevant to what happened on New Years Eve. The moral of the story is dont break into a gun owners home.
Whatgoingon wrote:
Why would a nice looking 18 year old marry a 58 year old grandpa one month before he dies? Why did she have a PO against Rocky Mckinley a child molester that is now in prison?
Again...irrelevant. None of the answers to your questions can possibley validate those morons breaking into her home.

That guy deserved what he got and I dont feel sorry for him one bit. Everyone should pray for his family and those that cared about him because they are hurting and none of this was their fault. However , HE is the one that caused their hurt, and he killed himself with his own ignorance; Not this girl. The world is a better place without vile scum like him in it. Sad, but true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blanchard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Beth Stanley - Attorney At Law Aug 26 CEK 1
Masseurs Aug 16 Shorts 1
Compression shorts and pants Aug 13 Shorts 2
Anybody know natalie boisvert? (Jun '14) Aug 11 anthonyboisvert 12
Cox v AT&T Jul '15 Bullish 1
Norman Law Enforcement Jul '15 Anonymous 1
Review: American Armory & Tactical LLC (Sep '14) Jul '15 Jennifer 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blanchard Mortgages