Children denied lunch everyday in Pub...
Educational Leadership

United States

#41 Mar 17, 2012
English Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Tom have had difficulty following this thread if you think I am "hating" on our school system or its teachers. Since Tom knows everyone with a degree in early Co., he probably talks to me on a regular basis. You would be very surprised to know who am and what I do! Most poeple get on here and talk trash and lie. however, I do not. Although ECSS has its faults like any other. I am very proud of it. Though I am not, many of my family are products of it! Many of us have worked for the system and some still do. As for not feeding children at lunch, studnets always known they can ask me for lunch money. Some even pay me back some aren't able. I never let a kid go hungry!
Now we are think similar. Try high school science teacher with Leadership.Sorry, not an English teacher.
ashamed

Fitzgerald, GA

#42 Mar 17, 2012
English Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Tom have had difficulty following this thread if you think I am "hating" on our school system or its teachers. Since Tom knows everyone with a degree in early Co., he probably talks to me on a regular basis. You would be very surprised to know who am and what I do! Most poeple get on here and talk trash and lie. however, I do not. Although ECSS has its faults like any other. I am very proud of it. Though I am not, many of my family are products of it! Many of us have worked for the system and some still do. As for not feeding children at lunch, studnets always known they can ask me for lunch money. Some even pay me back some aren't able. I never let a kid go hungry!
That is because people are ashamed or scared to use their real names on here mostly,
Ann

Dothan, AL

#43 Mar 19, 2012
How many teacher's children are in the gifted program? Off topic, but I think they need to check on how students are placed.
it happens

Fitzgerald, GA

#44 Mar 19, 2012
I have forgotten to send lunch money in the midst of morning rush before and sent the money the next day to make up for it. My child has never been denied his lunch. Not sure what happened here, but I was told the children can charge so much to their account. I appreciate all the teachers at our school and I think they do a wonderful job for what they do day in and day out. Of course there are always bad apples at any school you go to (teachers or parents) and someone is always going to be mad or have a bad experience. But the way I see it... Life happens, mistakes are made and sometimes you just have to let it go...
Brenda

Dothan, AL

#45 Mar 19, 2012
I would go the superintendent if my little girl came home from school and told me they did not let her eat lunch one day. I would be very, very upset.
hummmm

Atlanta, GA

#47 Mar 27, 2012
If a child owes money for school lunch then the cafeteria gives them a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. They never DENY food to a child. IF they do it's against the law. I have been a teacher for 10 years and have seen NUMEROUS students get peanut butter and jelly and have NEVER seen a student be denied food. At the end of the day it's up to the parents and the child to make sure the child's lunch account is up to date.
Wendy

United States

#48 Mar 27, 2012
hummmm wrote:
If a child owes money for school lunch then the cafeteria gives them a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. They never DENY food to a child. IF they do it's against the law. I have been a teacher for 10 years and have seen NUMEROUS students get peanut butter and jelly and have NEVER seen a student be denied food. At the end of the day it's up to the parents and the child to make sure the child's lunch account is up to date.
Forgot all the teachers that teach at Early County are perfect and do no wrong.They have to be the best and the nicest to work at Early County, so no teacher would dare do any wrong.
In the know

Montezuma, GA

#49 Mar 31, 2012
Not the responsibility of the teachers nor the schools nor government to see these little gutter snipes eat. He who had them is responsible. Stop buying wine, lottery tickets and $100 hair do's and pay for the carpet rats to eat!!

GET A JOB AND STOP ABUSING WELFARE!!
Laura Allen

Mount Pleasant, IA

#50 Apr 1, 2012
I know this is kind of changing the subject but ECES served sack lunches to every student this last week of school before spring break. What's the purpose of that? They can't cook because spring break is coming up?
buying what I want to

Dothan, AL

#51 Apr 2, 2012
In the know wrote:
Not the responsibility of the teachers nor the schools nor government to see these little gutter snipes eat. He who had them is responsible. Stop buying wine, lottery tickets and $100 hair do's and pay for the carpet rats to eat!!
GET A JOB AND STOP ABUSING WELFARE!!
You sound a little mean on this one too. Calling students "carpet rats" and "gutter snipes." Nasty.
Tommy

Dothan, AL

#52 Apr 2, 2012
Laura Allen wrote:
I know this is kind of changing the subject but ECES served sack lunches to every student this last week of school before spring break. What's the purpose of that? They can't cook because spring break is coming up?
Who would want a sandwich for lunch all week? I thought we paid for lunches if we wanted our children to eat sack lunches we could have sent them a sandwich from the house.
Laura Allen

Mount Pleasant, IA

#53 Apr 2, 2012
That's exactly how I feel Tommy. We pay for our sons lunch and If he wanted a sandwich for lunch I would of sent one.
dont trip

Bronwood, GA

#54 Apr 2, 2012
when i was in school if i run short or for got my ticket we went to the office to get a note, we called it a chock note for a peanut butter only sandwich. it was dry as it could be but i ate,

in a country as blessed as this one no one should go with out. i'm sorry for your child, and if your child asked for the money ect from the school and was turned down shame on then all.

even our schools are for profit, a school out west charges a 5 dollar fine for a tardy
Seriously

Lake City, AR

#55 Oct 30, 2012
The FEDERAL SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM is funded by the taxes I pay and because I am capable of paying taxes at a higher rate than the less fortunate and I have to pay again to feed my child and others don't. That is paying twice for the same service. It makes no sense at all! If I pay more taxes I shouldn't have to pay twice!
D_ Banner wrote:
Perhaps you should check on your childs account more offten and send money with your child. We have to pay our childs lunch money if we want her to be able to eat. Go to McDonalds or Subway or Harvey's, I bet you have to have money their and they want let you slide oweing 60 cent either. It sounds more like you are mad that some children qualify for free meals and yours don't.
As for you being responsible for your child and mine..don't worrie about mine. You might not remember to check her account and that would be child abuse and neglect so I'll just do it myself.
Poor parenting is not an excuse to bash a school system.
D.B.B.
<quoted text>
Brown eyed girl

United States

#56 Nov 9, 2012
Monica wrote:
<quoted text>This has happened at other schools and I think they changed their policy because of the parents complaining. If and child does not have money sometimes teacher will be kind and give them money or the school can at least give them a sandwich. Get real what chirstian person would not feed a hungry child? Call the superintendent and voice your concern. This may happen again to another child.
What kind of parent would send their child to school without something to eat or make sure their lunch was paid for?
Obama Mama

Bainbridge, GA

#57 Nov 9, 2012
Brown eyed girl wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of parent would send their child to school without something to eat or make sure their lunch was paid for?
The same kind that have 3 different babydaddy, live in guvment house, talk on guvment cell phone, set on porch waiting for guvment chek and vote for idiots to run the guvment.
Ronnie

Ashburn, GA

#58 Nov 9, 2012
Generations of people get locked into these benefits. They need education to help them out not ridicule.
Obama Mama

Bainbridge, GA

#59 Nov 10, 2012
Ronnie wrote:
Generations of people get locked into these benefits. They need education to help them out not ridicule.
You are so right, they NEED education but they dont want it, only handouts and not a hand up. Until the parents see the benefits of an educatiton nothing will change. Many look at school as only a place to keep and feed their children during the day so dont have to be bothered with them.
LOLO

Colorado Springs, CO

#60 Mar 5, 2013
This has happen to my sister's son. It really bugs me because its not the child fault. how would anyone like to be told in front of anyone that they have no money so they can eat. Yes it is a parents job to make sure they send money but has that person that "said no food today" ever forgot anything? My nephew had a bad morning that day and did not have time to eat breakfast so had to beg his a friend for a little food. How is that right? I thought the state law in was that they had to feed them something and I thought it was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Brown eyed girl

United States

#61 Mar 5, 2013
Monica wrote:
<quoted text>This has happened at other schools and I think they changed their policy because of the parents complaining. If and child does not have money sometimes teacher will be kind and give them money or the school can at least give them a sandwich. Get real what chirstian person would not feed a hungry child? Call the superintendent and voice your concern. This may happen again to another child.
Evidently some parents. But that's not the child's fault!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blakely Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whatever Mon truth 7
Mrs Ameris Mon Stop this 17
Mayor Anthony Howard (Jun '12) Mon we got problems 38
Put a jacket on children it is cold outside Sun Karl 9
Sheriff price or fats Feb 4 Gigi 47
Blakely does not need another boutique Feb 2 David 55
New Playground Feb 1 curious 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blakely Mortgages