Ford City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Judged:

For starters, no matter how hard you work and try to break your back, the managers treat you like crap if you don't suck up to them. For exapmple, Lisa Swords has no patience what so ever and is constantly annoyed and rude to the customers and the employess. For seconds, the old manager, Adam, thought that I was an excellent employee and I got plenty of hours until the new manager came and let his mother continue to work at Harveys (which is highly against the rules), and not only that but guess what? She gets all of my hours now. Life's a bitch, right?
wow

Ford City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Judged:

employees*...sorry
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Judged:

Lisa Swords in no way is rude to customers or employees.
consurned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

this is robyn mcguire and i am currently workin at harveys and in all the time that i have been knowing mrs lisa she has never ever been rude to any of our customers. she is very kind and treats everyone the same.. and as far as the new managers mom, maybe she gets more hours because she does her job and doesnt waist her time posting crazyyyy nonsence not to mention slandering someones innocent name because of a lack of favoritism.. in all honesty everyone but those who choose not to fulfill there complete duties as a harveys employer is treated with the upmost respect and givin equal oppertunities just as everyone else not to mention our customers. but who cares this is just my opinion on this jacked up situation..thanks =)
robyn mcguire

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

And also its not the new managers fault that his mom works here because she was actually hired befor he got his position..AND SHE DOES NOT GET MORE HOURS THAN ANYONE ELSE. ALSO he is tryin his best to get her transfered but they told him until then everything would be fine.. It sounds to me like you need stop blaming your problems on everyone else and be a real employee and go talk to the managers about your issues..
Idiots

West Point, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2010

Judged:

"she is very kind and treats everyone the same.. and as far as the new managers mom, maybe she gets more hours because she does her job and doesnt waist her time posting crazyyyy nonsence not to mention slandering someones innocent name because of a lack of favoritism"

Favoritism is the key word...if you dont suck up you dont get the hours.
xemplyee

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2010

Judged:

well I worked there with adam before he left and alot of the employees do have attitude problems. since i do not work there anymore, i have shopped in there and noticed lisa being rude, she never smiles, which is suppose to be top priority in customer realations.
wow

Ephrata, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2010

Judged:

Every time I walk in harvey's Lisa speaks to me and is always nice so depending on who you are or how you are towards her may be why she seems mad or rude to you. If she's your boss and you're not doing what you're supose to do then yea she has a reason to be rude esp. if she's had to tell you once or twice what to do when you should already know what to do. i mean, come on it's a grocery store.
Like to no

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Who is Lisa
Like to no

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Would like to no who is LISA
Sweetthing

Adel, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

Yes Lisa Is Very Nice to the Male Customers . you no what i say ??????????
knows better

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

any manager should have a well rounded knowledge of the importance of training their employees in customer service skills. If I ever go in there and they are rude to me......I want never go back. We do have other options in town and out of town to purchase groceries.

i have worked in customer service jobs all my life and I know that the 'customer comes first.' whatever personal issues an emplyoee has need to be left at the door when they come in to work and they can pick them up on the way out when they get off from work.

we all have bad days but it does not take any effort whatsoever to say good morning, good afternoon, hello, have a nice day, etc. If management does not see customer service as a priority, then so be it. The Piggy Wiggly folks are ALWAYS polite and helpful.
wow

Mount Pleasant, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

funny how folks complain so damn much about where they live. if it's that damn bad then freaking move away from it. Lisa is the best when it come to Harveys and she always speaks and is always nice. If folks would do their job instead of posting non sense on here them maybe things would change. but some folks see the worse it everything.

There's nothing wrong with Lisa or what she does. I think this is beginning to sound like a racial issue but then again that's half of blakely. or anywhere now a days. but either way not everyone is gonna be happy.

Piggly Wiggly sucks. they had 10% more to what you buy harvey's doesn't plus piggly wiggly doesn't always have what harvey's does. Walk in piggly wiggly noone speaks to you.
____fud

Mount Pleasant, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

consurned wrote:
this is robyn mcguire and i am currently workin at harveys and in all the time that i have been knowing mrs lisa she has never ever been rude to any of our customers. she is very kind and treats everyone the same.. and as far as the new managers mom, maybe she gets more hours because she does her job and doesnt waist her time posting crazyyyy nonsence not to mention slandering someones innocent name because of a lack of favoritism.. in all honesty everyone but those who choose not to fulfill there complete duties as a harveys employer is treated with the upmost respect and givin equal oppertunities just as everyone else not to mention our customers. but who cares this is just my opinion on this jacked up situation..thanks =)
looks as if a few people disagree with you. maybe you should have a little bit of Concern. Harvey's has had a problem from the day the Food lion bought them out. after all the managers(not just this store)D-ville to act as if they are a big deal. well they are no more them a high paid bag boy working for the public.with all the feed back that people hear are make stop with the excuses and check it out!
My 2 Cents

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

Judged:

Well first of all let me start off by saying I am NOT a fan of Harvey's. I support Piggly Wiggly. However, Lisa is a personal friend of mine. I have never seen her be rude or out of the way with anyone. She's a hard working woman with bills to pay. So if she's been rude to you then, I'm sorry. You can't please everybody. Thats just a simple fact.
As far as grocery stores are concerned... whoever said that Piggly Wiggly does not speak to you must be DEAF!! They make it a point to speak to EVERY customer with a friendly smile. Unlike Harvey's. I have never once been addressed when walking in the door by the staff in all my years of shopping at Harvey's. It's a win lose situation really. Harvey's has nothing special to offer food wise. There is NO variety!! Piggly Wiggly has that. i gave up on Harvey's the second time I bought a product that was past the date of sale! Didn't realize it till I got home, and then had to go back. Who wants Molded bread, or canned food from last year? I think it was wrong fo rHarvey's to have treated it's local customers the way they did when there was no competition in town. The prices were ouutragious and uncalled for!
So to the first person who started this... go to Piggly Wiggly and get a job there! I'm sure you would be much better satisfied!
Harvey

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

Judged:

Harvey's employees and managers should me more concerned about how DIRTY Harvey's is!! That is the most unclean nasty grocery store I have ever been in...

“old and set in my ways”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2010

Judged:

wow wrote:
For starters, no matter how hard you work and try to break your back, the managers treat you like crap if you don't suck up to them. For exapmple, Lisa Swords has no patience what so ever and is constantly annoyed and rude to the customers and the employess. For seconds, the old manager, Adam, thought that I was an excellent employee and I got plenty of hours until the new manager came and let his mother continue to work at Harveys (which is highly against the rules), and not only that but guess what? She gets all of my hours now. Life's a bitch, right?
if i'm not happy with the job i've, i go get a new one, oh but one has to have a skill to be able to do that, either learn a trade or get shit on all your miserable ass little life, quit cryin', and grow up, remember back when people told you to apply yourself, now you know why, get out there and be somebody, and quit whining like a little school girl !!!!!!
current employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

Judged:

Sorry you have issues with your manager, maybe you should transfer. I don't have a problem with mine, he has been very good to me and my family in the year I have been in the Harveys family. I had 3 deaths and he has always been kind and concerned and shown me nothing more than what I would expect to get from someone. And this is coming from someone who worked with another corporation before this one. The last company I worked for I was in the position that the store managers in our company have and I was told to treat EVERY one of my employees under me as expendable. I think it is refreshing that I can come into work and if something happens I can go to my store manager and he will listen to me and take my feelings and problems into consideration.

Since: Jan 11

Donalsonville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

If you wanna claim Harveys is horrible to work for, go try working for Walmart. You will be begging to go back to work for Harveys. I worked at the Harveys in D,ville for 2 years and loved it. I'm on a personal leave right now till we can find a babysitter.
Oh Great

Macon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Man Snyder what are you doing in the Blakely Topix. Are you trying to pick new people to argue with. Or you are trying to hide from others. My homeotwn does not need your comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blakely Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 9 min Oh my 52,265
Remodel 17 hr Karen 1
mill men Aug 13 a friend of mine 25
taking responsibility Aug 9 lawful 11
Mayor Anthony Howard (Jun '12) Aug 9 lawful 15
Fats Aug 9 lawful 3
Trash loves drama Aug 9 Mr_Electric 5

Search the Blakely Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Blakely Jobs

•••