Stop Lamar Paris Control of Union Cou...

Stop Lamar Paris Control of Union County!

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ACOG

Jefferson, GA

#1 Oct 8, 2015
It's time to take back YOUR COUNTY!!!!!

Sixteen years is more than enough for one man to CONTROL EVERYTHING that goes on in this county.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Ewart/ron222.htm

"But the "system" can be defeated, just not all at once. It has to be taken apart in small chunks. A small group of dedicated individuals could take on a city hall or the county commissioners. A larger group of dedicated individuals could take on the state. These individuals would have to be prepared to unravel the system in their area through research and study, expose what is going on very publicly and get the people outraged enough to demand common sense changes. These individuals would have to fight to overcome media bias (the "system"), which means they would have to push their message until the media could no longer ignore the "story."

The Georgia Watchdogs are working hard to clean up the Attorney General's Office.

http://www.georgiawatchdogs.com/

The Commissioner is using your SPLOST FUND for a SLUSH FUND.

What is going to happen to your taxes when that gets stopped?

It's our job to clean up Union County....

Take your County Back!

Judged:

11

10

5

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
William Wallace

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Oct 14, 2015
Good job thou has done Lamar! Acog I say what be a Acog? Could it be A Crazy Ole Gal! Bravo!
Uct

Blue Ridge, GA

#3 Oct 19, 2015
William Wallace wrote:
Good job thou has done Lamar! Acog I say what be a Acog? Could it be A Crazy Ole Gal! Bravo!
So sad WW Not a clue or a care.
Ready for change

Cleveland, GA

#4 Oct 21, 2015
ACOG wrote:
It's time to take back YOUR COUNTY!!!!!
Sixteen years is more than enough for one man to CONTROL EVERYTHING that goes on in this county.
http://www.newswithviews.com/Ewart/ron222.htm
"But the "system" can be defeated, just not all at once. It has to be taken apart in small chunks. A small group of dedicated individuals could take on a city hall or the county commissioners. A larger group of dedicated individuals could take on the state. These individuals would have to be prepared to unravel the system in their area through research and study, expose what is going on very publicly and get the people outraged enough to demand common sense changes. These individuals would have to fight to overcome media bias (the "system"), which means they would have to push their message until the media could no longer ignore the "story."
The Georgia Watchdogs are working hard to clean up the Attorney General's Office.
http://www.georgiawatchdogs.com/
The Commissioner is using your SPLOST FUND for a SLUSH FUND.
What is going to happen to your taxes when that gets stopped?
It's our job to clean up Union County....
Take your County Back!
That is how it was done with Blue Ridge Mountain EMC.

“Save a chicken...eat a possum!”

Since: Feb 16

Blairsville

#5 Feb 12, 2016
Ready for change wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how it was done with Blue Ridge Mountain EMC.
I'm all for changing the position of Sole Commissioner. This is very dangerous territory having just one person in charge of an entire county. He may have done some good things but at what expense were they made. I'm a recent full time resident of Union County but have been in and around the county since 1970 having lived and worked here. Back then when the county was much smaller in population a Sole Commissioner probably worked but now it is considerably larger and deserves more representation. Who is running against Lamar on the Republican ticket this year? Voting him out would at least be a step in the right direction but how do we go about doing away with Sole Commissioner. Is this something that needs to go before the state legislature.
Bubba Gump

United States

#6 Feb 14, 2016
FUDGE RIPPLE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for changing the position of Sole Commissioner. This is very dangerous territory having just one person in charge of an entire county. He may have done some good things but at what expense were they made. I'm a recent full time resident of Union County but have been in and around the county since 1970 having lived and worked here. Back then when the county was much smaller in population a Sole Commissioner probably worked but now it is considerably larger and deserves more representation. Who is running against Lamar on the Republican ticket this year? Voting him out would at least be a step in the right direction but how do we go about doing away with Sole Commissioner. Is this something that needs to go before the state legislature.
And I can't believe some of the local mutts constantly rip having a 3 member commission with an appointed county manager. I guess it's because they love corruption.

“Save a chicken...eat a possum!”

Since: Feb 16

Blairsville

#7 Feb 15, 2016
Bubba Gump wrote:
<quoted text>
And I can't believe some of the local mutts constantly rip having a 3 member commission with an appointed county manager. I guess it's because they love corruption.
I guess I must hang with the smarter crowd because everyone I talk with want him out and a change in this local government. My thought now is if there is corruption in the election process. Now that would be big. I certainly hope it's not so but who knows what goes on at the top with one person in control of the whole county. Reminds me of Boss Hogg in Dukes of Hazard. Hey, new name for Lamar...Boss Hog Paris. Time to get the pork out of Union County.
Karmas coming

Jefferson, GA

#8 Feb 25, 2016
Ready for change wrote:
<quoted text>
That is how it was done with Blue Ridge Mountain EMC.
If that is indication of what is to come then my vote is to keep Lamar. What positive changes have been made at the EMC. Best I can tell all that squaking and griping just got us an expensive replacement manager that needs a new vehicle to prove he is worth all that salary. My bill has been higher since November and it has been warmer than any of the past 3 winters. I guess that is the price you pay for "good" management. On another note, I am not sure why you continue to live in this county. You are certainly not happy with anything that goes on. Lamar winning might drive you straight to the looney bin, if you do not quit obsessing!
so many fools

Cleveland, GA

#9 Feb 27, 2016
Karmas coming wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is indication of what is to come then my vote is to keep Lamar. What positive changes have been made at the EMC. Best I can tell all that squaking and griping just got us an expensive replacement manager that needs a new vehicle to prove he is worth all that salary. My bill has been higher since November and it has been warmer than any of the past 3 winters. I guess that is the price you pay for "good" management. On another note, I am not sure why you continue to live in this county. You are certainly not happy with anything that goes on. Lamar winning might drive you straight to the looney bin, if you do not quit obsessing!
The power bills are no higher now than in previous years. The EMC is full of crooks as well as our local govts. Sonny Mahan used EMC equip. and men to clean up his property. Guess who pays for this? You dumb ass.
Struck a nerve

Birmingham, AL

#10 Mar 1, 2016
so many fools wrote:
<quoted text>
The power bills are no higher now than in previous years. The EMC is full of crooks as well as our local govts. Sonny Mahan used EMC equip. and men to clean up his property. Guess who pays for this? You dumb ass.
You would have to argue with my power bill to say it isn't higher than in previous years. I could care less who uses what equipment. The only one on the board that isn't afraid to stand up to the idiot Phillips is Larry Williams. It isnt going to change and we are worse off than we ever have been.
Bigguy

United States

#11 Mar 30, 2016
ACOG wrote:
It's time to take back YOUR COUNTY!!!!!
Sixteen years is more than enough for one man to CONTROL EVERYTHING that goes on in this county.
http://www.newswithviews.com/Ewart/ron222.htm
"But the "system" can be defeated, just not all at once. It has to be taken apart in small chunks. A small group of dedicated individuals could take on a city hall or the county commissioners. A larger group of dedicated individuals could take on the state. These individuals would have to be prepared to unravel the system in their area through research and study, expose what is going on very publicly and get the people outraged enough to demand common sense changes. These individuals would have to fight to overcome media bias (the "system"), which means they would have to push their message until the media could no longer ignore the "story."
The Georgia Watchdogs are working hard to clean up the Attorney General's Office.
http://www.georgiawatchdogs.com/
The Commissioner is using your SPLOST FUND for a SLUSH FUND.
What is going to happen to your taxes when that gets stopped?
It's our job to clean up Union County....
Take your County Back!
This is just a bunch of baloney. Union County is blessed to have a Lamar Paris. He has served us well building trust with truth, freedom with fairness and some of the best county management I have seen anywhere in this state. We are simply lucky to have him and I dread the day when the people of this county have to look for someone to replace him which, in my opinion will be nigh impossible. Paris is not about stupid ideology, he is about common sense civic management that keeps our taxes low and maximizes our benefits.
Whatever

Norcross, GA

#12 May 23, 2016
I hear lots of blowing hot air, but no valid examples to illustrate the points nobody here seems to make.
Concerned

Dahlonega, GA

#13 Jun 19, 2016
Bigguy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just a bunch of baloney. Union County is blessed to have a Lamar Paris. He has served us well building trust with truth, freedom with fairness and some of the best county management I have seen anywhere in this state. We are simply lucky to have him and I dread the day when the people of this county have to look for someone to replace him which, in my opinion will be nigh impossible. Paris is not about stupid ideology, he is about common sense civic management that keeps our taxes low and maximizes our benefits.
You are so brained washed like other residents of Union Cty
Trail90

Blue Ridge, GA

#14 Jul 25, 2016
Bigguy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just a bunch of baloney. Union County is blessed to have a Lamar Paris. He has served us well building trust with truth, freedom with fairness and some of the best county management I have seen anywhere in this state. We are simply lucky to have him and I dread the day when the people of this county have to look for someone to replace him which, in my opinion will be nigh impossible. Paris is not about stupid ideology, he is about common sense civic management that keeps our taxes low and maximizes our benefits.
You are so right. He knows what's best for you and I. If you have any conflicting ideas you must be wrong. Boy is this county and Country in big trouble
someone who cares

Blairsville, GA

#15 Aug 26, 2016
FUDGE RIPPLE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for changing the position of Sole Commissioner. This is very dangerous territory having just one person in charge of an entire county. He may have done some good things but at what expense were they made. I'm a recent full time resident of Union County but have been in and around the county since 1970 having lived and worked here. Back then when the county was much smaller in population a Sole Commissioner probably worked but now it is considerably larger and deserves more representation. Who is running against Lamar on the Republican ticket this year? Voting him out would at least be a step in the right direction but how do we go about doing away with Sole Commissioner. Is this something that needs to go before the state legislature.
There is a BIG mafia in Blairsville, run by a large church in town and a certain anointed few, that will make your life hell, if you do not agree with them. There is a huge difference between Democracy and Demagoguery.
Hillary for prison 2016

Blairsville, GA

#16 Aug 30, 2016
someone who cares wrote:
<quoted text>

There is a BIG mafia in Blairsville, run by a large church in town and a certain anointed few, that will make your life hell, if you do not agree with them. There is a huge difference between Democracy and Demagoguery.
Maybe true if your a minimum wage worker but I have never stepped foot in that church and years ago they asked for a donation for a long distance field trip and I told them, if you think its so worth while, let the church pay for it. Pretty rude of me!
They have no control over me and even with my rudeness, it has not cost me a dollar, so not sure how they screw with you??
country girl

Commerce, GA

#17 Sep 12, 2016
someone who cares wrote:
<quoted text>

There is a BIG mafia in Blairsville, run by a large church in town and a certain anointed few, that will make your life hell, if you do not agree with them. There is a huge difference between Democracy and Demagoguery.
I believe that. But it gets even worse. Rumor now has it that Paris is going to purchase Owen Glen Golf Course. It is loosing money and he thinks he can get it for a good price. This will be placed on another one of his getting a good deal for the county. The Golf Course that the county owns is also loosing money. But he is not going to do anything until after the Election... Wake up, lets vote him out and get a Multi-Commission.
Luca Brasi

Blairsville, GA

#19 Oct 1, 2016
Hillary for prison 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>

Maybe true if your a minimum wage worker but I have never stepped foot in that church and years ago they asked for a donation for a long distance field trip and I told them, if you think its so worth while, let the church pay for it. Pretty rude of me!
They have no control over me and even with my rudeness, it has not cost me a dollar, so not sure how they screw with you??
That's why the board refuses to release Fred Lodge's salary. Huge big bucks.
Truth Be Told

United States

#20 Jan 15, 2017
country girl wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that. But it gets even worse. Rumor now has it that Paris is going to purchase Owen Glen Golf Course. It is loosing money and he thinks he can get it for a good price. This will be placed on another one of his getting a good deal for the county. The Golf Course that the county owns is also loosing money. But he is not going to do anything until after the Election... Wake up, lets vote him out and get a Multi-Commission.
"loosing" money? Dropout.
Husgavarna Man

Dahlonega, GA

#23 Mar 26, 2017
Hard worker and great guy that is Lamar! Thanks Commisioner Paris!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forum Rules

No rules. Go crazy!

What does this town need? Jobs

Personal Finance

What does this town need? Mortgages