vote no - esplost !!!

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of121
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Murphy

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Mar 11, 2013
 

Judged:

6

5

1

I'll be voting no to esplost Why give them more money. More you give them , the more they will find to spend it on . Live within Your means. The board of Ed waste more money on crap than any department . New turf, new field house, new classrooms, new buses,......... I don't think so Mr Superintendent . Don't manipulate and scare the citizens into voting for esplost with the gotta have it for "books, material, heat & air" . Quit wasting our tax money on sports, field trips( where you send 2or 3 buses)
C Purcell

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

1

Two more 'NO' votes today from Myself and my Wife.
C Purcell

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Murphy wrote:
I'll be voting no to esplost Why give them more money. More you give them , the more they will find to spend it on . Live within Your means. The board of Ed waste more money on crap than any department . New turf, new field house, new classrooms, new buses,......... I don't think so Mr Superintendent . Don't manipulate and scare the citizens into voting for esplost with the gotta have it for "books, material, heat & air" . Quit wasting our tax money on sports, field trips( where you send 2or 3 buses)
Right on, Brother! What does our Superintendent do anyway/ We only have one HS and the Suches school? Why can't the HS principle do this job/ He, Superintendent, must play word games all day on his computer. I don't see why we need this job for so few schools.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#84
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

9

4

2

Everyone that I have been in contact with has voted "NO" to the ESPLOST.

It will be very interesting to see how the final vote comes out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/22/elec...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
ytui

Blue Ridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85
Mar 13, 2013
 

Judged:

1

C Purcell wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on, Brother! What does our Superintendent do anyway/ We only have one HS and the Suches school? Why can't the HS principle do this job/ He, Superintendent, must play word games all day on his computer. I don't see why we need this job for so few schools.
nj hyuij
not me

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#86
Mar 14, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

3

I voted for it. We have two choices--let everyone pay the one cent tax or our property taxes will be higher. Such an easy choice.
I think it would greatly cost effective to do away with the superintendent's position; he is highly paid when what he does could be shouldered by the schools with far greater efficiency.
C Purcell

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#87
Mar 14, 2013
 

Judged:

6

3

1

"We have two choices--let everyone pay the one cent tax or our property taxes will be higher. Such an easy choice."

This is wrong.
Pols who raise property taxes can be held accountable, people remember who did this.
In this Esplost, they are just given money to spend any way they want. None of the items in this Esplost are worth a pol raising taxes for. I don't believe property taxes will rise because of the items suggested in the Esplost propaganda. They would be voted out.
time to go

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#88
Mar 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

"EXTREMELY IMPORTANT - Little Known Historical Event"



This clip is taken from the movie and at the end are some of the pictures of the real World War II vets who participated in this real event. You will recognize some of the actors. It looks like there is even a historical fact marker/memorial set up in memory. Scroll down if you are interested in seeing it.



What you see in the video is Hollywood but the event itself was real.(TN 2a 102)

Little known American Historical Event:

I was completely unaware of this event that took place in Athens , TN in 1946. I did not know an armed revolt on American soil by WWII veterans ever took place during our lifetime. A very sobering video to say the least.

Now the second amendment should be a little clearer to everyone.

This movie lasts less than four minutes and is well worth the time.

http://voxvocispublicus.homestead.com/Battle-...



FIRST FACTS:

Please do not delete this bit of U.S. history of which most Americans have no knowledge. View it and share it and pray that we will never need such a response to government!


TwoPlusTwo

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89
Mar 15, 2013
 

Judged:

8

5

3

If you spend Ten Thousand Dollars a year on goods and services in Union County with esplost it will cost you One Hundred Dollars in extra sales tax.

If esplost fails, will our property tax go up a Hundred Dollars?
I donít think so, It would be political suicide for this to happen.
Donít let the Politicians fool you with their scare tactics any longer.
TwoPlusTwo

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Get out and Vote No on Tuesday.
TwoPlusTwo

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Please go out Today and VOTE NO.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Getting out and voting NO will send a BIG message to those that are WASTING the taxpayers dollars.

Time for them to pull in the reins and tighten their budgets, quit spending just like the rest of us.

We want to eat more than we wanted 3.5 million dollars spent on a gym for 100 children. Don't forget the $425,000 cost to tear down the old one and rebuild it across the street.

VOTE NO! VOTE NO! VOTE NO! VOTE NO! VOTE NO!
TwoPlusTwo

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Just got back from Voting No.
Not very many voters out. If we do not get out and vote No, It will pass.
Take a few minutes out of your day and Vote No.
Also call friends and famiy to get out today and vote this down.
Thank You.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Check this information out if you have not yet got out and voted. VOTE NO

http://www.open.georgia.gov/rsa/splost/search...

Project 1/SPLOST '08 is underfunded as of June 30, 2012 by $8,973,565.09. The lack of funds is due to the decrease in Sales Taxes experienced in the past 5 years. To compensate for the decrease in projected revenues,the School District priortized projects, adjusted plans, and/or postponed large-scale projects.
union county res

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

ACOG wrote:
Everyone that I have been in contact with has voted "NO" to the ESPLOST.
It will be very interesting to see how the final vote comes out.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/22/elec...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
does not matter how the vote turns out.if it is a no vote then the boe will raise the mill rate.
TwoPlusTwo

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

They may do that, but the voters will remember it.
More people are paying attention.
union county res wrote:
<quoted text>does not matter how the vote turns out.if it is a no vote then the boe will raise the mill rate.
George

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

union county res wrote:
<quoted text>does not matter how the vote turns out.if it is a no vote then the boe will raise the mill rate.
DON'T VOTE NO. VOTE HELL NO TO LIEMORE AND THE SCHOOL TEACHERS
Remember these people

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

ACOG wrote:
Check this information out if you have not yet got out and voted. VOTE NO
http://www.open.georgia.gov/rsa/splost/search...
Project 1/SPLOST '08 is underfunded as of June 30, 2012 by $8,973,565.09. The lack of funds is due to the decrease in Sales Taxes experienced in the past 5 years. To compensate for the decrease in projected revenues,the School District priortized projects, adjusted plans, and/or postponed large-scale projects.
ACOG aka Linda Little Pittman people in this community will remember you for another attempt to defame our community and the leaders who want and improved quality of life for the citizens. If the community does not know you you are then it is time we list the names associated with ACOG again.
Swift

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

2

Remember these people wrote:
<quoted text>
If the community does not know you you are then it is time we list the names associated with ACOG again.

you ain't too swift now, are you?
My Two Senses

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Mar 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

George wrote:
<quoted text>
DON'T VOTE NO. VOTE HELL NO TO LIEMORE AND THE SCHOOL TEACHERS
If I thought the teachers would get more money, I may be more inclined for vote for it. However, the school system is top heavy -- too many at the top and too highly paid.(I know. The ESPLOST goes only for capital improvements. However, it actually comes from one big pot of gold. By voting for ESPLOST for capital projects, mostly unnecessary, allows more of what would be going toward capital projects to go toward the top-heavy school administration.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of121
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hair cutter 4 hr Retired Rich Golfer 6
Bryon Herbert Reece Owner 4 hr Retired Rich Golfer 92
Union General Hospital's E.R.is a JOKE!!! (Aug '08) 4 hr retiredfromhealthcare 205
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 hr rename 39,353
Seniors should not pay School Tax in Union (Sep '13) 5 hr Retired Rich Golfer 272
Favorite OLD gospel song (Sep '08) 6 hr Oracle 258
Blaisvile Attorney 7 hr ACT 91
EMC-Chairman of the Board Terry Taylor 8 hr curious 37
Sybil Denise Bellew (Dec '12) 9 hr The Real TRUTH 16
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Blairsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••