Christmas for Needy Kids in Union County

Christmas for Needy Kids in Union County

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

Mary

Blairsville, GA

#1 Nov 14, 2010
I want to know where I can donate toys and gifts that will go to needy kids in our area. Does your church or an organization you're part of have something set up for this?

We've already donated through Wal-Mart, the tree they have for the Nursing Home residents.

I just want to make sure it goes to kids who actually live here. Any info is appreciated!
Voter

United States

#4 Nov 15, 2010
House of Prayer Church does take toys and repairs them for children all over.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassie

#6 Nov 15, 2010
Contact the Fire Dept..
liz

Doerun, GA

#7 Nov 15, 2010
There is a program to help the foster kids in union/towns county also. They could always use help.
Information

United States

#8 Nov 15, 2010
Weather it's House of Prayer church or the Fire departemnt or Foster care any and all of these will see that the toys will go to the children for Christmas.
Mary

Blairsville, GA

#9 Dec 4, 2010
Thanks guys! And I just saw in the paper about the program through the Sheriff's Department.

Merry early Christmas!
Geez

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Dec 8, 2010
Mary wrote:
I want to know where I can donate toys and gifts that will go to needy kids in our area. Does your church or an organization you're part of have something set up for this?
We've already donated through Wal-Mart, the tree they have for the Nursing Home residents.
I just want to make sure it goes to kids who actually live here. Any info is appreciated!
The Glenda Gooch foundation is a most credible organization and would probably welcome any help they can get. They are buying presents for needy kids in the coomunity. It is an awesome organization!
jennifer

Palmetto, GA

#11 Dec 3, 2013
Were can u sign up ur family. for help@
Faith

Atlanta, GA

#12 Dec 4, 2013
Can someone please provide the information on where we can donate to help foster kids? Thanks.
Funny Dude

Blairsville, GA

#13 Dec 4, 2013
Faith wrote:
Can someone please provide the information on where we can donate to help foster kids? Thanks.
City of Blairsville has a "Shop With a Cop" program for needy kids. I think the Sheriff's Department may do that also.
ashley

United States

#14 Dec 11, 2013
Mary wrote:
** I live in Blairsville, recently moved here. And have 5 children 3 boys two girls and no help for the holidays.. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated
fyi

Canton, GA

#15 Dec 12, 2013
Funny Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
City of Blairsville has a "Shop With a Cop" program for needy kids. I think the Sheriff's Department may do that also.
Shop with a cop is a city of Blairsville Police Dept. function not the city of Blairsville.
Fud

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Dec 12, 2013
ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
** I live in Blairsville, recently moved here. And have 5 children 3 boys two girls and no help for the holidays.. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated
Birth control
fan

Carnesville, GA

#17 Dec 12, 2013
Every year, the owner of Jewelry World in town gives away toys for children in need. The event has gotten too big to do it at the store, so this year he will be giving away a thousand toys. The event will be Saturday the 21st starting at 11am at New Hope Fellowship on Blue Ridge Hwy.

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassie

#18 Dec 13, 2013
ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
If you will message me with contact info, help will be forthcoming.
Blue Medly Ink.
mommy of 3

Glenville, NC

#20 Nov 28, 2014
im a single mom and having a real hard time this christmas i usually dont need or ask for help unless i really need it and this year is hardier than last year i have 3 wonderful children a 7 year old girl and a 10 and 12 year old boy does anyone know of any places that would help me give them a christmas i recently been suffering with medical issues myself and cant even afford to my medication but i dont want pity i just want to know if and were i could get help for my kids i usually can give them a great christmas and this year im very worried so if anyone has any info of places please please let me know me and my kids would really appreciate it this is a great town and ive heard when you need help there are places i just dont know were thanks again in advance
mommy of 3

Glenville, NC

#21 Nov 28, 2014
i dont know why under my user name it says highlands nc i live in blairsville ga lol first time i wrote on this site like this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Copeland's Burgers & Southern Eats in Blairsville 2 hr Leonidas Cummings 50
Why Do Liberal Women Hate Men? (Apr '12) 4 hr ___Jenny___ 388
Unbelievable Sighting!! (Jun '11) 7 hr rich redneck 79
Dogs riding in Walmart GROCERY Shopping Carts (Jul '14) 7 hr Carole 107
Nick Townsend -- UNION GENERAL 8 hr Piedmont 23
Black man's proposal 13 hr Laurel Wood 13
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 13 hr Puddin 416

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance