Hilton avoids 2 death sentences, work...

Hilton avoids 2 death sentences, working on 3rd

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

slippery snake

Dawsonville, GA

#1 Sep 6, 2012
Posted: Thursday, September 6th 2012 at 1:03pm
Hilton appealing Florida decapitation murder
By The Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.- A drifter convicted of killing a North Georgia woman and a Florida nurse, as well as an elderly North Carolina couple is appealing his conviction and death sentence in one of the cases.

The Georgia and Florida victims were beheaded and all were killed in forested areas. The Florida Supreme Court heard Gary Hilton's appeal on Thursday in the death of Cheryl Dunlap.

The 46-year-old Crawfordville nurse was killed in north Florida's Apalachicola National Forest.

Hilton also is serving a life sentence in North Georgia, where he pleaded guilty to killing 24-year hold Meredith Emerson of Buford.

He also pleaded guilty to ambushing and killing John and Irene Bryant, both in their 80s, while they were hiking in a national forest, in exchange for another life sentence.

Since: Jan 12

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Sep 8, 2012
The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire. We don't need no water, let the mother%$#@! burn. Burn mother @#$%! burn. I can hear that song as I type this.[Sway, by Coal Chamber] There is too much solid evidence. Maybe Hilton made similar offers to his victims; "If you'll do what I want, maybe I'll let you live." And then he killed them.
Abolish the electric chair!!!! Let's institute the electric couch. Fry that bitch and two or three more at the same time with such solid evidence against them as well. The bleeding heart liberals quip, Shouldn't society be better than its criminals? We are. That's why we're free, and able to throw the switch with a clean conscience. I'll take a large Molotov cocktail and a match. TO GO, please. There's somewhere I need to be...

Since: Aug 10

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Sep 8, 2012
rat_bastard wrote:
The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire. We don't need no water, let the mother%$#@! burn. Burn mother @#$%! burn. I can hear that song as I type this.[Sway, by Coal Chamber] There is too much solid evidence. Maybe Hilton made similar offers to his victims; "If you'll do what I want, maybe I'll let you live." And then he killed them.
Abolish the electric chair!!!! Let's institute the electric couch. Fry that bitch and two or three more at the same time with such solid evidence against them as well. The bleeding heart liberals quip, Shouldn't society be better than its criminals? We are. That's why we're free, and able to throw the switch with a clean conscience. I'll take a large Molotov cocktail and a match. TO GO, please. There's somewhere I need to be...
Nah, electric bleachers.
lifer

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Apr 25, 2013
Posted: Thursday, April 25th 2013 at 6:10pm
Drifter gets 4 life sentences, killed NC hikers
By The Associated Press

ASHEVILLE, N.C.- A drifter previously convicted of killing and beheading hikers in Florida and north Georgia will serve four additional life sentences for murdering a North Carolina couple in a national forest.

Gary Michael Hilton was sentenced Thursday in Asheville for kidnapping and killing John and Irene Bryant in 2007. Hilton camped out for victims before he ambushed the elderly Hendersonville couple as they hiked in the Pisgah National Forest in Transylvania County.

Hilton pleaded guilty to the crimes in March 2012. He also pleaded guilty to robbery and firearms offenses.

Hilton was on Florida's death row for killing 46-year-old Cheryl Dunlap, who was found dead in the Apalachicola National Forest where Hilton had camped.

He faces a fifth life sentence for murdering 24-year-old hiker Meredith Emerson of Buford in 2008.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What did Lamar Paris spend SPLOST 3 Funds on? 14 min ACOG 19
work 25 min The Mountains Noise 2
Highland Falls 49 min sbragg22 21
Cracker barrel 2 hr Mavis in Blairsville 4
Status of Mr. Akins 16 hr Curious 4
Towns County Sheriff 20 hr doug 30
floridiots are wierd 22 hr Timmy_ 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages