Next Last
Cupid

Toccoa, GA

#1 Jan 9, 2013
I would like to know the pros and cons of getting married and be serious please
Lamar

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Jan 9, 2013
You can deed your property over to your wife and if you get sued for all your illegal and crooked stuff they can't get your property. She can lie and get a big tax credit. You can also appoint her to a job and scam people a little more. The cons are that if she kicks your butt to the curb you have lost your property and if you end up going to jail she can divorce you and you can't do anything about it because you are now Leroys girlfriend.
The Nuts Are Back in Town

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Jan 9, 2013
Cupid wrote:
I would like to know the pros and cons of getting married and be serious please
Why buy the cow when the milk is free?'course, if you're getting buttermilk, it's probably time to get hitched.
big news

Dawsonville, GA

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Con.
Melanie

Blairsville, GA

#5 Feb 7, 2013
The Nuts Are Back in Town wrote:
<quoted text>
Why buy the cow when the milk is free?'course, if you're getting buttermilk, it's probably time to get hitched.
That has to be the most pig-headed, small minded, typical male response I've ever heard.
Melanie

Blairsville, GA

#6 Feb 7, 2013
big news wrote:
Con.
Hmm bitter much?
Melanie

Blairsville, GA

#7 Feb 7, 2013
Ultimately the choice is up to the individuals.
If someone goes into a marriage with no money, who have no means of communication and compromise, the marriage will most likely fail.
But, if said persons approach their marriage and their lives together as a team, who works everything out together, splitting the responsibilities, costs, etc. In half, that's a marriage more likely to prevail through most of life's obstacles.
PS living together and saving up your money so you will be able to get by, really helps. I recommend doing this for at least six months to see if getting married is plausible for the two of you. Living together also helps learn about the other person, their habits, the way they do things, and seeing if you can incorporate your life with his.
I hope this helps!
happy

Blairsville, GA

#8 Feb 7, 2013
Melanie wrote:
PS living together and saving up your money so you will be able to get by, really helps. I recommend doing this for at least six months to see if getting married is plausible for the two of you. Living together also helps learn about the other person, their habits, the way they do things, and seeing if you can incorporate your life with his.
I hope this helps!
Actually, that's not true:
Couples who cohabit before marriage (and especially before an engagement or an otherwise clear commitment) tend to be less satisfied with their marriages and more likely to divorce than couples who do not. These negative outcomes are called the cohabitation effect.
See the whole article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/opinion/sun...
ITS BEEN A WHILE

Panama City, FL

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Husband 1 was just lust and we just really had nothing better to do. Didn't last long. Better friends. Baptist still pissed about that one.

Husband 2 pregnancy and a bunch of baptist in the family. need I say more?

Husband 3 married for love after living together for 3 years. Techniqually lasted 15 years altogether. Still love him but I hate a cheater.

Husband 4 will not be a drunkard, druggard, billy bad ass hot headed bipolar or a cheater. He will know what true love and until death do you part is. I will NOT go on attraction alone. I will not accept just anyone. I will not let anyone pick my mate and I won't let too many people into the relationship. If he don't like me for me, he can kiss my big ass.
:-)

The Cons of marriage is sometimes it just damn well don't work out because one or the other does not want it to.

The Pros to it is making it a lifetime commitment and growing together.

I dont think thats too much to ask for?
GWB

Dawsonville, GA

#10 Feb 7, 2013
ITS BEEN A WHILE wrote:
Husband 1 was just lust and we just really had nothing better to do. Didn't last long. Better friends. Baptist still pissed about that one.
Husband 2 pregnancy and a bunch of baptist in the family. need I say more?
Husband 3 married for love after living together for 3 years. Techniqually lasted 15 years altogether. Still love him but I hate a cheater.
Husband 4 will not be a drunkard, druggard, billy bad ass hot headed bipolar or a cheater. He will know what true love and until death do you part is. I will NOT go on attraction alone. I will not accept just anyone. I will not let anyone pick my mate and I won't let too many people into the relationship. If he don't like me for me, he can kiss my big ass.
:-)
The Cons of marriage is sometimes it just damn well don't work out because one or the other does not want it to.
The Pros to it is making it a lifetime commitment and growing together.
I dont think thats too much to ask for?
Hey Cupid. This one has the best advice and obviously the most experience. I would listen to her......rrrriiiggghhhttt.
ITS BEEN A WHILE

Panama City, FL

#11 Feb 7, 2013
I really don't give a dollygosh dag if ya do or not. The worst marriage advice I ever got was..
1. Don't divorce.I am married and spend a third of my time on topix and facebook. Me an my better half had marital issues but we worked it out. That is why she stays gone and I stay online to have companionship.

2. You will go to hell if you divorce even though I have been divorced.

3. I have a great family and husband. I just avoid him and stay into my ex's business more than I do marriage.

4. He cheated but he loves you.

5. I don't want to be any part of it but I am going to keep up with both of yall and make change for you both. But I am not in the middle of it.

The Best advice I got was from only one person.
Just because he cheated does not mean that you have to. Just because the vow was broken does not mean you can not make new ones and learn from your mistakes. Divorce him, sit back and watch because actions speak louder than words. Then if you two still want and care, remarry with new vows and get rid of all the bad things that stood in your way before forever.

That did not come from a person on the internet. That came from a wise person who is in the nursing home. Was death did they part after 60 years of marriage and trials.Cupid can kiss my ass.:)
ITS BEEN A WHILE

Panama City, FL

#12 Feb 7, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Cupid. This one has the best advice and obviously the most experience. I would listen to her......rrrriiiggghhhttt.
You are dumb
ITS BEEN A WHILE

Panama City, FL

#13 Feb 7, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
and I am messing with you when I say you are dumb. I have experience. Luckily I am young enough to where the past does not hurt me. I have been married 3 times and never cheated. I know people who have been married 1 time and has had as many partners during the marriage as 9. Scary and the sad part is, he was a good husband and provider. He forgave until it about killed him.
Looking

Jefferson, GA

#14 Feb 7, 2013
it depends on the individuals, how selfless they are and how much they love and are committed to each other, today to many people value material things over love and kindness and it never works
juuuust sayin

Ellijay, GA

#15 Feb 8, 2013
ITS BEEN A WHILE wrote:
You are dumb
anyone ELSE getting a picture of why this one is working on #4? lol
Advice

Dawsonville, GA

#16 Feb 8, 2013
juuuust sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
anyone ELSE getting a picture of why this one is working on #4? lol
yea, who would take the advice of someone who has failed 3 times already.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#17 Feb 8, 2013
Here's what I never understood.

After marriage, a woman can gain 168 lbs, become "bitchy" beyond belief, run up $177,000 in credit card bills, insult the Husband's friends and family, join a cult that worships Chevy Vega automobiles, burn down the family room of the house while smoking crack and watching reruns of Nancy Grace entitled "Men - why we hate them", refuse to care for the kids, ignore the Husband except to run him over, twice with the John Deere riding lawn mower, and that's no big deal.

Meanwhile:

The Husband can stay in shape, become even nicer, kinder, and more fun to be with than the day they were married, work three jobs 27 hours a day to support the wife and kids, take thee kids to and from school, help with their homework, and take the daughters shopping for their prom dresses, and after having been. "mowed down" twice, take care of all lawn and house work without complaint, but, if he, even once, plays golf on another course, he's toast.

What is this American fixation on sex ?

Has it been established as the "Deal Breaker" because it's traditionally been men's Achilles Heel ?

Just wondering.

And before the personal attacks please understand my Wife is gorgeous, nice, kind, generous, and a joy. This post is a joint venture of several men over eggs, bacon, and French Toast.
Itseen a while

Panama City, FL

#18 Feb 8, 2013
someone who knows how to do it right usually failed the first couple of times. I swear ignorance is bliss.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#19 Feb 8, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
After marriage, a woman can gain 168 lbs, become "bitchy" beyond belief, run up $177,000 in credit card bills, insult the Husband's friends and family, join a cult that worships Chevy Vega automobiles, burn down the family room of the house while smoking crack and watching reruns of Nancy Grace entitled "Men - why we hate them", refuse to care for the kids, ignore the Husband except to run him over, twice with the John Deere riding lawn mower, and that's no big deal.
Meanwhile:
The Husband can stay in shape, become even nicer, kinder, and more fun to be with than the day they were married, work three jobs 27 hours a day to support the wife and kids, take thee kids to and from school, help with their homework, and take the daughters shopping for their prom dresses, and after having been. "mowed down" twice, take care of all lawn and house work without complaint, but, if he, even once, plays golf on another course, he's toast.
Has it been established as the "Deal Breaker" because it's traditionally been men's Achilles Heel ?
Just wondering.
And before the personal attacks please understand my Wife is gorgeous, nice, kind, generous, and a joy. This post is a joint venture of several men over eggs, bacon, and French Toast.
All I can say and don't get mad is God bless you; no perssonal attacks because I don't think you need much more drama do you. The priceless parts of your post were the $177,000 credit card debt, cult that worships Chevrolet Vegas, being run over by a John Deere Lawn Mower, and after all you contribute you can't pick the golf course! Sex; working a 27 hour day does not leave much time does it?
wondering

Dahlonega, GA

#20 Feb 8, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Meanwhile:
Just wondering.
What is she doing on the John Deere? Someone didn't mow the lawn..oh yeah I forgot you SAID tomorrow...always tomorrow!!!

All I can say if you are not married, happy and free to be you then stay that way..marriage has it's ups and downs.

Maybe she needs to meet your friends....Most want even take the garbage out...much less take children to/from school(ha,ha Don't believe that one) mow the lawn (you said she ran over him 2 times,she probably couldn't see him in that head high grass ) stay fit (half the time y'all can't pry your buts off the coach to find the remote, god forbid you guys have to turn the tv on manually)

Next thing your going to want us to believe is these friends you chat with over french toast(while flirting with the waitress) cooks every night,does dishes,laundry and actually cleans up his own crap!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
blonde girl in black mercedes 3 hr tmn post 2
what are the dog-like animals (Jul '09) 4 hr apprectice 40
Real Estate Agent Owned Property 5 hr My Thought 12
Are Flamingos better than turkey? 8 hr Timmy_ 3
What are you thankful for? One to a customer, p... 10 hr Living Free 7
Christmas for Needy Kids in Union County (Nov '10) 10 hr mommy of 3 17
Reported Union Co. GOP chief arrested for sexua... 21 hr curious 5
cvs robbery Thu Screamer 22
Remove EMC BOARD and Akins Thu Stop Ignorance 114

Blairsville News Video