“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Since: Jan 11

Blairsville, GA

#1 Nov 7, 2013
Now that the Mayor’s race and SPLOST have again been decided, there are some things that need be said.

As I read today’s postings across the many threads, I cannot help but think of lessons better learned from this episode of political disagreement, which were not.

The issues we face are not tools for those wishing to play personal games with the lives of those affected throughout our entire community so as to achieve one-upmanship in their personal war with one another; or to compete to prove who is or should be Quarter Back or water boy, and who is or isn’t superior in their efforts to advance their positions upon what is good, right, and in the best interest of our entire community.

In reading these posting, it becomes obvious that some on both sides of either or any issue were focused upon their own personal self interests, and thus are only using the rest of us to achieve that personal victory.

What a shame.

Politics, of course, is and always has been a necessary evil.

Nonetheless, if good, sincere, and well meaning people do not participate, then our destiny is to be ruled, and abused by only tyrants with evil intent.

So, in politics it is important to gather as much creditable information, and fact as practical prior to arriving at rational, and reasonable conclusions, and then do every thing within our power to make a stand influencing others to support those candidates and issues we believe to be right, wholesome, and beneficial to our society, local, state, and national governments.

In doing this, we acquire allies, and as well adversaries. And, these associates, depending upon each individual issue/candidate, may indeed frequent change those designations, depending upon wheather each associate chooses to support or oppose our individual effort upon any given issue.

Thus the dilemma that many ignore: or simply don’t, or maybe refuse, to understand. On many occasions it is necessary to unite, or combine your efforts with others attempting to achieve the same cause and outcome relating to being victorious in a commonly agreed issue.

Certainly, that doesn’t mean you have to like those individuals, agree with their personal motives, or even relinquish any level of trust and confidence to them. But, to be successful and victorious to the common good, you must recognize any skill, ability, knowledge, information or other resources they are willing to offer to the effort.

Unfortunately, the downside of that association, many times may distract from, and/or damage your cause and efforts as much and possibility more than it may benefit.

In essence, the ole adage relating to the frog and the snake: You may recall, once a frog hitched a ride upon the snakes back to the other side of the pond, where he was bitten by the snake; the frog cried why did you do that? And the snake replied, you knew I was a snake, before you climbed upon by back.

So, I won’t attempt to respond to each unwarranted criticism of my positions, or actions as some have charged.

I know that it probably doesn’t make any difference to anyone, but me, but, to me, it is necessary to make things clear.

I was raised old school in a Christian home; I have a fundamental belief in right and wrong, and always do what I view as the right thing to do.

In my private life, and professional career I dedicated my life to that concept, and will in my twilight years. I have lived a blessed and productive life, and have absolutely no aspirations to be anything more than I am.

With all this said, I do have God given skills that I intent to contribute in some way until my final breathe; nonetheless it isn’t my intention to take the wind from anyone’s sail.

If indeed my purpose, or lot in life was or is to be a “water boy” then so be it.

Thanks; to those taking you time to read my thoughts.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#2 Nov 7, 2013
Another adage: The truth hurts.

So it does, I guess when you fail to show favoritism in you rebuke of both sides of inappropriate behaviors; you may expect nothing more than a clandestine mounting disapproval.

Nonetheless, that has always been the price one must pay for truth.

So be it.
big news

Commerce, GA

#3 Nov 8, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
Now that the Mayor’s race and SPLOST have again been decided, there are some things that need be said.
As I read today’s postings across the many threads, I cannot help but think of lessons better learned from this episode of political disagreement, which were not.
The issues we face are not tools for those wishing to play personal games with the lives of those affected throughout our entire community so as to achieve one-upmanship in their personal war with one another; or to compete to prove who is or should be Quarter Back or water boy, and who is or isn’t superior in their efforts to advance their positions upon what is good, right, and in the best interest of our entire community.
In reading these posting, it becomes obvious that some on both sides of either or any issue were focused upon their own personal self interests, and thus are only using the rest of us to achieve that personal victory.
What a shame.
Nonetheless, if good, sincere, and well meaning people do not participate, then our destiny is to be ruled, and abused by only tyrants with evil intent.
So, in politics it is important to gather as much creditable information, and fact as practical prior to arriving at rational, and reasonable conclusions, and then do every thing within our power to make a stand influencing others to support those candidates and issues we believe to be right, wholesome, and beneficial to our society, local, state, and national governments.
In doing this, we acquire allies, and as well adversaries. And, these associates, depending upon each individual issue/candidate, may indeed frequent change those designations, depending upon wheather each associate chooses to support or oppose our individual effort upon any given issue.
Thus the dilemma that many ignore: or simply don’t, or maybe refuse, to understand. On many occasions it is necessary to unite, or combine your efforts with others attempting to achieve the same cause and outcome relating to being victorious in a commonly agreed issue.
Certainly, that doesn’t mean you have to like those individuals, agree with their personal motives, or even relinquish any level of trust and confidence to them. But, to be successful and victorious to the common good, you must recognize any skill, ability, knowledge, information or other resources they are willing to offer to the effort.
Unfortunately, the downside of that association, many times may distract from, and/or damage your cause and efforts as much and possibility more than it may benefit.
In essence, the ole adage relating to the frog and the snake: You may recall, once a frog hitched a ride upon the snakes back to the other side of the pond, where he was bitten by the snake; the frog cried why did you do that? And the snake replied, you knew I was a snake, before you climbed upon by back.
So, I won’t attempt to respond to each unwarranted criticism of my positions, or actions as some have charged.
I know that it probably doesn’t make any difference to anyone, but me, but, to me, it is necessary to make things clear.
I was raised old school in a Christian home; I have a fundamental belief in right and wrong, and always do what I view as the right thing to do.
In my private life, and professional career I dedicated my life to that concept, and will in my twilight years. I have lived a blessed and productive life, and have absolutely no aspirations to be anything more than I am.
With all this said, I do have God given skills that I intent to contribute in some way until my final breathe; nonetheless it isn’t my intention to take the wind from anyone’s sail.
If indeed my purpose, or lot in life was or is to be a “water boy” then so be it.
Information Overload....
verbose and rambling

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Nov 8, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
You need to join one of those ToastMasters morning clubs and learn how to present your ideas in an appealing manner.
yeah

Hahira, GA

#5 Nov 8, 2013
Usually like your posts but that one lost meaning... What's the bottom line.

Can you be a bit more direct and to the point?
HA HA

Blairsville, GA

#6 Nov 8, 2013
I'm just hoping I never have to serve on a jury with GA-LAW-FF
Stop The Madness

Cornelia, GA

#7 Nov 8, 2013
I followed it all pretty easy. Actually found it quite agreeable. GA LAW FF has a clue, more ppl should find one.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#8 Nov 8, 2013
For all those who took your time to read my cogitations, and were kind enough to respond, thank you for your constructive criticisms, and/or support.

I understand, that in my efforts to articulate my thoughts, I am quite long-winded in my writings. And, with regard to that posting to which your comments were offered, I did indeed waver significantly from the primary point.

That wasn’t my intent; rather I was attempting to refrain from calling names (literally or characteristically), and stirring additional negative feelings, but instead suggesting a commonly acceptable way of looking at things, kinda-sorta as my way of offering an olive branch being innocuous in nature.

So, the point that obviously was lost is the one that I thought was most noticeable to many during the recent efforts of those of us in opposition to both political issues just voted upon the Mayors race and SPLOST IV.

A couple of folks, expressed resentment in what they viewed as my being a Johnny-come-lately to their perceived more extensive efforts. And thus felt my postings were intended to steal thunder,“glory”, or take advantage of their extended efforts.

Nothing could have been further from the truth; my focus was upon the unity of purpose, utilization of all relevant resources, and a coordinated effort in accomplishing our cause with a victorious outcome. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

And in all honesty, each of these folks has personally sacrificed in time, money, and personal resources to providing information (through Freedom of Information) and other sources.

Each of them have some laudable skills, and their work has been publicly posted both upon this site and upon their own web sites for an extended period of time.

I don’t see my battle as being with these or other individuals, mine is a battle of issues, of ideals, standards, and beliefs.

I have kept my peace, and seen things a man can’t ignore, but there comes a time you can’t hold your tongue any longer, there is a time speak, a time to stand. For success, it’s vital to achieve unity of purpose, seek cooperation and coordination.

For me, and I trust many others the Time is Now, come together, work together. The 2014 General Elections will be here soon!

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

SLOWPOK

#9 Nov 9, 2013
GA-LAW-FF wrote:
What a shame.
Iz haint shore bout a thinkin Law Dog.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#10 Nov 9, 2013
Chainsaw Five wrote:
<quoted text>Iz haint shore bout a thinkin Law Dog.
Well Chainsaw, thanks for your read and considerations.

For me its important that my motives are untainted by misunderstanding, but its time now to move on to more pressing issues.

I trust you will continue to give thought to my postings, and find some basic levels of agreement.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

P.S. Wish I could acquire your talent for to the point brevity.
verbose and rambling

Dahlonega, GA

#11 Nov 9, 2013
i enjoy you proliferous and illuminating ramblings. I hope you elucidate on you consternations of the local appalachian community further in the future. Most entertaining.
Could you extrapolate your explantation of how you wound up being in law enforcement with the command of the english language that you have.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#12 Nov 9, 2013
verbose and rambling wrote:
i enjoy you proliferous and illuminating ramblings. I hope you elucidate on you consternations of the local appalachian community further in the future. Most entertaining.
Could you extrapolate your explantation of how you wound up being in law enforcement with the command of the english language that you have.
Your lesson in vocabulary was enlightening; nonetheless, my concerns are genuine, with a complexity far superseding our treasured Appalachian Community.

Your distain, for my comments, and the lack of skill with which I make them, is duly noted.

Now as to your question, although rhetorical, it is a valid inquiry.

Coming from what was once, and now still considered, by many, to be “just” poor white trash; I wasn’t afforded the opportunity to “higher education” as many, such as maybe you were.

I started working at the age of 12, always with that desire, as many,“to make a difference.” I think many in their youth, with meager raising, wish to achieve something more, feed their families, give something back to the community, and to those who may have extended a helping hand.

Ultimately, upon reaching age, Uncle Sam called. But, I was sent back home. They said a birth defect to my right hand (I’m right handed) would “hinder my use of a weapon.”

I learned to shoot quite well with my left hand, and yes, with help, I was accepted as a police recruit (won trophies on the firing range) served 10 + years in Law Enforcement, and then I moved into the Fire Services; the rest is just more boring history.

I hope this solves your curiosity, there isn’t any useful purpose to be served by constant mockery; everyone is now aware of your view, and my former police background toughened me to the usefulness of such tactic, and as is this response, it is simply just a waste of time.
verbose and rambling

Dahlonega, GA

#13 Nov 9, 2013
Your an accomplished wannabe. My congratulations and respect. I still picture you as the snake oil pitchman from the Wizard of Oz.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#14 Nov 9, 2013
verbose and rambling wrote:
Your an accomplished wannabe. My congratulations and respect. I still picture you as the snake oil pitchman from the Wizard of Oz.
Ok then, but I must muse just who and what accomplishment poses you to be so superior, or worthy to sit in judgment.

“Our Cause Isn't Lost”

Blairsville, GA

#15 Nov 16, 2013
HA HA wrote:
I'm just hoping I never have to serve on a jury with GA-LAW-FF
At first I intended to just ignore your entertaining little jest, but now I’m thinking; has it ever occurred to you that if you were perhaps falsely accused of a crime, that you might just see things differently, and hope that someone such as GA-LAW-FF would be serving upon your jury.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Union County School Board / superintendent 47 min Monica L 2
Mickey Cummings = RINO 1 hr Rich Golfer 331
Trump brings country to a new low. 4 hr ugly 88
School system secret 4 hr Boo hoo 1
School Board buying votes 7 hr Hooty 13
doctors Wed ugly 3
Union General (Jul '13) Tue ugly 124

Blairsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages