United Community Bank announces layoffs

United Community Bank announces layoffs

There are 62 comments on the The Times story from Mar 17, 2009, titled United Community Bank announces layoffs. In it, The Times reports that:

United Community Bank has become the latest bank to announced layoffs due to the economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mr peabody

Jefferson, GA

#1 Mar 17, 2009
hate to see anyone loose thier job. maybe the economy will turn around. many companies, are having to let people go. as bad as the economy is things cant get much worse. lets all hope for the best.
Tid Bit

Young Harris, GA

#2 Mar 17, 2009
I heard that Bank Of Blairsville already laid off people.
Herman

Homer, GA

#3 Mar 17, 2009
Young Harris branch has some it should have sent home years ago!
Tid Bit wrote:
I heard that Bank Of Blairsville already laid off people.
Two Cents

Jefferson, GA

#4 Mar 17, 2009
Herman wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the drive-thru and the girl does not say hi, bye, or thank you. The last time I went through she took my money, opened the drawer with my receipt, turned around and started talking to a coworker. These employees should be the first to go.
boogernose

Fitzgerald, GA

#5 Mar 17, 2009
UCB has nice window enployees. Inside is a different toon. I hate to see anyone loose their job though.
Tender Moon

Blairsville, GA

#6 Mar 17, 2009
It scares the Hell outta me when lay offs happen. It is just another death knell. I hate it for the employees and their families. It has a ripple effect which all of us will feel, and usually, it is not a pleasant sensation. Today's paper is replete with foreclosures, and I could cry if it would help.
boogernose

Fitzgerald, GA

#7 Mar 17, 2009
It breaks my heart also. All we can do is Pray for everyone who is loosing things.
mr peabody

Jefferson, GA

#8 Mar 17, 2009
i hate to see the foreclosures, but too many people tried to get rich of one development. many of these people a good friends. news like this is not good for the local economy. many people will loose more than the land in the development, they may also loose thier homes and personal assets.
hot mom

Jefferson, GA

#9 Mar 17, 2009
I guess they got to let some one go so mr.jones can get his job back he was the one they let at the bank about two years ago . for screwing this girl on his dest some one walk in on them while they was at it . I hope they dont let him back in to the bank. I no he is back in town and I bet he will try to get his old job we dont need people like that workin at united community bank if he get his job back it will in the shoes of some one they have let go
outcast

Kathleen, GA

#10 Mar 17, 2009
hot mom wrote:
I guess they got to let some one go so mr.jones can get his job back he was the one they let at the bank about two years ago . for screwing this girl on his dest some one walk in on them while they was at it . I hope they dont let him back in to the bank. I no he is back in town and I bet he will try to get his old job we dont need people like that workin at united community bank if he get his job back it will in the shoes of some one they have let go
oh for goodness sakes, lets all hope you really arent a mother..no one with grammar skills like that should have children.

do you teach your children to run around spreading gossip?
hillbilly

Sycamore, GA

#11 Mar 17, 2009
I agree with outcast! You are not texting on here
Hmmm

Young Harris, GA

#12 Mar 17, 2009
Herman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the branch I go to and they couldn't be nicer. They've gone out of their way with customer service several times actually.
Five Cents

Homer, GA

#13 Mar 18, 2009
My family likes to do business at the Young Harris branch of Bank Of Hiawassee. We have to pass there to either go to Blairsville or Hiawassee.

Over the last year we tend to take our banking either to the main branch or Bank of Blairsville.

We avoid going in or the drive through at Young Harris.

The young women who work there make it difficult to do business in the branch.

Once in town we have several choices for banking.We also have been doing banking with UCBI and Stephens Federal.
But we have been banking with Bank Of Hiawassee for many years.

Maybe when Bank Of Hiawassee sees the number of people either not using or going to another bank, they will take action at the Young Harris branch.

Several of the young women employed at the branch need to be retrained or released.
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the branch I go to and they couldn't be nicer. They've gone out of their way with customer service several times actually.
Hmmm

Young Harris, GA

#14 Mar 18, 2009
Five Cents wrote:
The young women who work there make it difficult to do business in the branch.
Why? What are they doing wrong?

I've had no problems at all.
freebird

Jefferson, GA

#15 Mar 18, 2009
how friggin' kinky!!!! so he was makin' a deposit..so what!!?? he may be an excellent banker, and you, like me, are just jealous it wasnt us.....mmmmmm.....
hot mom wrote:
whoopddodo

Jefferson, GA

#16 Mar 18, 2009
Two Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
I use the drive-thru and the girl does not say hi, bye, or thank you. The last time I went through she took my money, opened the drawer with my receipt, turned around and started talking to a coworker. These employees should be the first to go.
I use young harris branch all the time the young lady at the window is always nice and polite and fast,,,Evidently you thought she should wipe your butt for you too....Dont be a hater.
Two Cents

Commerce, GA

#17 Mar 18, 2009
whoopddodo wrote:
<quoted text> I use young harris branch all the time the young lady at the window is always nice and polite and fast,,,Evidently you thought she should wipe your butt for you too....Dont be a hater.
The girl never says Hi, Bye, or thank you to me. She just opens that drawer, processes my transaction, and opens the drawer. That’s it! How is that wiping my A$$? I am happy you get good service, but I don’t.
mr peabody

Dahlonega, GA

#18 Mar 18, 2009
the customer should always be right no matter how awful they act. but customer alwys remember that the bank personell are human beings to. not everyone can be satisfied. if you are unhappy with service change, banks the woods are full of them.
whoopddodo

Jefferson, GA

#19 Mar 18, 2009
Why do you have such a great need for her to speak to you?..Why does it matter so much as long as your getting what your going there for..You know,,I bet you never said hello either,,You probably think its not your job to say hi first but sometimes humans (even bankers) have problems that sometimes get them down,you never know so you shouldnt judge,,Just say hi first if it bothers you so much,,The crybaby whinning over not getting said hi to everytime is in need of some counsiling.
banker

Toccoa, GA

#20 Mar 18, 2009
whoopddodo wrote:
Why do you have such a great need for her to speak to you?..Why does it matter so much as long as your getting what your going there for..You know,,I bet you never said hello either,,You probably think its not your job to say hi first but sometimes humans (even bankers) have problems that sometimes get them down,you never know so you shouldnt judge,,Just say hi first if it bothers you so much,,The crybaby whinning over not getting said hi to everytime is in need of some counsiling.
Speaking is just plain good customer service. Speak and know the customer by name. The customer is paying your salary. Without customers there would be no need for tellers or loan officers or ceos. Try the bank that service built. If they don't speak go to Andy. I bet they will the next time. In these economic times all banks need every customer they can get even b.o.b.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sybil Denise Bellew (Dec '12) 4 hr ladyjetfan 66
Denise bellew 4 hr Gerri 1
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 5 hr Linda Eldridge 397
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 6 hr voter 376
Cooks only shot Wed Trackrocker 8
BRMEMC Director Candidates Aug 23 Curious is stupid 28
Full throttle Aug 23 Apostle Paul 7

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance