Laundromat in Blairsville

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
want clean clothes

Dawsonville, GA

#1 Aug 13, 2013
What happened to the laundromat in Blairsville?
It use to be spotless and run by a man who did a lot of laundry for rentals.

The place is now dirty, machines aren't wiped down, there is crude inside the rubber gaskets on the washers.

I took my comforters and big things there to wash. Yuck! I went to Bi Lo and got a bottle of Lysol and washed the machine before I'd use it and I added a bottle of peroxide to my wash, too.

Is there another laundry? Maybe, one in Murphy that is nicer?
Him Dat Knows

Jefferson, GA

#2 Aug 13, 2013
want clean clothes wrote:
What happened to the laundromat in Blairsville?
It use to be spotless and run by a man who did a lot of laundry for rentals.

The place is now dirty, machines aren't wiped down, there is crude inside the rubber gaskets on the washers.

I took my comforters and big things there to wash. Yuck! I went to Bi Lo and got a bottle of Lysol and washed the machine before I'd use it and I added a bottle of peroxide to my wash, too.

Is there another laundry? Maybe, one in Murphy that is nicer?
I totally agree with you... and I think you meant "crud" on the gaskets. Actually, there is green algae as well. My biggest complaint, however, is how incredibly HOT and humid it has to get in there before the a/c switches on- ridiculous!
A small point... their change machine sometimes issues quarters that cause "error" when inserted which are not credited OR returned- wazzup wit dat?

On a positive note they DO provide free wifi, which is appreciated. Just can't use it because it is so HOT and sticky in there. Clean and cool the place, please? Otherwise, equipment they use works good on cleaning and drying.
want clean clothes

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Aug 13, 2013
Yes, I did mean "crud."
I wipe down the machine the best I can and try to clean the gaskets. I won't dry anything there as the machines are horrid and clothes come out smelling bad.

HOT AND HUMID! Yes.
froggy

Ashburn, VA

#4 Aug 14, 2013
Previous owner had pride and was respectful of his customers. I suspect current owners have hired help and
Don't care about the needs of their customers
Mararah

Roswell, GA

#5 Aug 14, 2013
froggy wrote:
Previous owner had pride and was respectful of his customers. I suspect current owners have hired help and
Don't care about the needs of their customers
Froggy went a courtin and he did go uh huh. Brilliant post.
UC Voter

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Aug 14, 2013
My friends own rental cabins off Richard Russell, she took all the bedding and throw rugs to the laundry back in the day because everything came back perfect. The previous owner semi-dried things then hung them on lines to finish drying so nothing was ruined or shrunk. I doubt that happens now. The place is horrible. I went last week to wash blankets and comforters. I disinfected the machines before I used them. Dirty. But, what choice do I have. There isn't another laundry facility nearby.
Just Mike

Jefferson, GA

#8 Aug 14, 2013
If anyone is able and wanting to buy a washing machine or dryer used, I highly recommend Chris Courson on YH St next to the gas place. We had washer repaired and he treated us great on service and price.

This is a recently opened business, and they are such nice people. I'd really like to see them succeed!
UC Voter

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Aug 14, 2013
He does repairs, too? My washer needs a new drain pump.
Just Mike

Jefferson, GA

#10 Aug 14, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
He does repairs, too? My washer needs a new drain pump.
He charged us $40 flat fee for the labor. He promised only a $20 check out fee if the washer wasn't repairable. Our total bill was $80.

You would be hard pressed to find a repair place in ATL metro that would even check out a unit for less than $50-$75, let alone a total repair bill under $150. Please give this fella a try... the family are locals, not recent move ins and are very nice.
Yikes

United States

#11 Aug 15, 2013
Just Mike wrote:
If anyone is able and wanting to buy a washing machine or dryer used, I highly recommend Chris Courson on YH St next to the gas place. We had washer repaired and he treated us great on service and price.
This is a recently opened business, and they are such nice people. I'd really like to see them succeed!
Wasn't he on the front page of the paper a couple weeks back for being indicted?
Just Mike

Jefferson, GA

#12 Aug 15, 2013
Yikes wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't he on the front page of the paper a couple weeks back for being indicted?
I googled it and there does appear to be an article on front of 12-12-12 North GA News. The NGN website won't give me the jump page so I couldn't get the rest of the story.

All that I can "judge" Chris by was his professionalism toward and treatment of me. I'll leave other allegations to those investigating them. For the time being, I suggest we should presume his innocence and quickly get stuff fixed while we still can. >;-)
Ummm

United States

#13 Aug 17, 2013
Everybody is innocent until proven guilty and I hope he is innocent because I agree he is great, but until/unless he is cleared from the charges he will not get my money.
georgiagirl

Liberty, MO

#14 Aug 17, 2013
I have used the laundromat on numerous occasions and have had no issues. I take my blankets and comforters,it has always been clean. The owner (Carol) has been there on several occasions that I was there doing laundry for someone who dropped it off. Very nice always stopped to speak with me to see if I needed any help with anything. Perhpas you caught it after someone who was doing 20 loads of laundry after not washing clothes for months and that is why it looked that wat. I have been in there before when someone has brought in trash bag anfter trash bag of clothes to wash and man did they stink. I have had nothing but a good experience here

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#15 Aug 17, 2013
Some tham old stanking floridiots probably doing there yearly washing of their socks han sandals han Bermuda shorts and jimmy buffet shirts. That could ruirn ha washing machine fer sure.
Just Mike

Jefferson, GA

#16 Aug 17, 2013
Ummm wrote:
Everybody is innocent until proven guilty and I hope he is innocent because I agree he is great, but until/unless he is cleared from the charges he will not get my money.
So... then your statement is a complete contradiction, right? You won't give the accused your business until he/she is proved innocent/cleared.

Just curious... are you aware that courts do not "clear" or declare people "innocent"? Think about this... aren't YOU being VERY judgmental? You have every right to spend your money however you wish, of course.

How would YOU feel if you were "alleged" to have done something bad, then shunned by people based only upon the accusation? What if you were "not guilty" of such accusation?

Let the court judge the accused... unless you know something more about the charges than I do, WE shouldn't be so quick to judge.
Just Mike

Jefferson, GA

#17 Aug 17, 2013
georgiagirl wrote:
The owner (Carol) has been there on several occasions that I was there doing laundry for someone who dropped it off. Very nice always stopped to speak with me to see if I needed any help with anything
No question... Carol is a VERY nice lady. She usually works mornings when it is COOL in there, too. However, perhaps you could mention to her the oppressive heat/humidity in the afternoons and evenings- the a/c needs to be set at least 5 degrees LOWER than the 80+ it gets.

The washing machine gasket areas DO get cruddy and DO have green algae growing- easy to see. I realize maintenance/climate cuts into profits, but they shouldn't be ignored. Perhaps her rent is too high? Carol didn't seem "greedy" to me.
Ummm

United States

#18 Aug 17, 2013
Just Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
So... then your statement is a complete contradiction, right? You won't give the accused your business until he/she is proved innocent/cleared.
Just curious... are you aware that courts do not "clear" or declare people "innocent"? Think about this... aren't YOU being VERY judgmental? You have every right to spend your money however you wish, of course.
How would YOU feel if you were "alleged" to have done something bad, then shunned by people based only upon the accusation? What if you were "not guilty" of such accusation?
Let the court judge the accused... unless you know something more about the charges than I do, WE shouldn't be so quick to judge.
OJ was found not guilty, would you let him date your daughter? Wrong or not. certain charges label a person for life. I think you hinted to the fact that nobody is ever proven innocent, they are found guilty or not guilty, based on how well the State presents/proves their case. At the end of the day in the back of most minds with those kind of charges one will wonder if he is found not guilty if he really did do it, especially a parent. Sucks to be wrongfully accused if that is the case for him.
Him Dat Knows

Jefferson, GA

#19 Aug 17, 2013
Ummm wrote:
<quoted text>OJ was found not guilty, would you let him date your daughter? Wrong or not.
First... prior to his circus of a trial, if she were 18+, sure!!(Like I'd have had a choice anyway...). Might have scored so great seats for a game! >;-)

If a person were charged with theft or fraud, maybe I wouldn't want to trust that person with my busted, "treasured" washing machine. IF he were CHARGED with indecent exposure (just an example) but was a fair and good repair guy, I wouldn't care if he exposed himself "ole' washy genie" all day long!! Maybe I'd not take my child with me to pick it up, though.

There is a BIG difference between potential risk minimization and PUNISHING somebody before they have been judged. Do you see it?
Ummm

United States

#20 Aug 17, 2013
Him Dat Knows wrote:
<quoted text>
First... prior to his circus of a trial, if she were 18+, sure!!(Like I'd have had a choice anyway...). Might have scored so great seats for a game! >;-)
If a person were charged with theft or fraud, maybe I wouldn't want to trust that person with my busted, "treasured" washing machine. IF he were CHARGED with indecent exposure (just an example) but was a fair and good repair guy, I wouldn't care if he exposed himself "ole' washy genie" all day long!! Maybe I'd not take my child with me to pick it up, though.
There is a BIG difference between potential risk minimization and PUNISHING somebody before they have been judged. Do you see it?
I get what you're saying, but I chose to use other business's.
give me a break

Dawsonville, GA

#21 Aug 17, 2013
georgiagirl wrote:
I have used the laundromat on numerous occasions and have had no issues. I take my blankets and comforters,it has always been clean. The owner (Carol) has been there on several occasions that I was there doing laundry for someone who dropped it off. Very nice always stopped to speak with me to see if I needed any help with anything. Perhpas you caught it after someone who was doing 20 loads of laundry after not washing clothes for months and that is why it looked that wat. I have been in there before when someone has brought in trash bag anfter trash bag of clothes to wash and man did they stink. I have had nothing but a good experience here
Wow! You must live in filth not to notice how dirty the gaskets with gunk inside them and the area where the detergent and bleach is loaded. It is dirty from months of not cleaning. I've HAD to use it while my machine is being repaired. The same dead moth has been on the floor for several days. Someone emptied the lint from the dryers (only employees can do that) and put it on top of trash. The trash can was already 3/4 full. Come on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheaters (Jul '15) 2 hr tellico 31
John F Kennedy 2 hr tellico 10
Its okay to be Gay in Blairsville (Jun '09) 3 hr tellico 205
Bear in Food City 9 hr Junior Sample 11
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 13 hr Name 293
Duncan bull sheet Sun Advocate4Clean 5
This can't be true. Sun random thoughts 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages