First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Slowpoks Boy

Jefferson, GA

#23 Jul 31, 2011
Too many years of drankin that swamp water has fouled tham up purty good I reckin. Paw says some of tham have their brain in their tail. He might jist be funnin I haint shore.
Timmy wrote:
Why floridee people ask so many dumb questions?
DontTouchTheTrim

Athens, GA

#24 May 24, 2012
briefkace wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you even seen the show? An episode in the first season CLEARLY states ELLIJAY. I think the episode is even called "Monster of Ellijay Mountain" they also mention "Ellis J. From Ellijay". And the sherriff's name is Sherriff, Early is the squid, the main character. Consider yourself lucky that you live in Blairsville. I live in Murray County and over the past few years have had too many meth lab explosions, teachers selling drugs and getting DUIs, a commissioner resigning because of extramarital blowjobs, a high school senior sodomizing a handicapped child, and a couple of rednecks who skinned and ate a dog because "God told them to". Plenty more, but let's not push it.
I thought it was Rabun/Clayton Area...Ted Turner owning everything with his house tucked away up there...could be blairsville tho...haven't been Ellijay way tho myself.
lalala

Dahlonega, GA

#25 May 28, 2012
I love this show because when i watch it it reminds me of everytime i go into town! it is based in the blue ridge/ ellijay area. but on the first episode it says in the north ga. mountains. they do mention blue ridge and ellijay, but no where else. but i do find it oddly strange that are so many similarities in the show and here. kinda sad how accurate it is about some people here.
Hillbillyfeist

Calhoun, GA

#26 Feb 17, 2013
briefkace wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you even seen the show? An episode in the first season CLEARLY states ELLIJAY. I think the episode is even called "Monster of Ellijay Mountain" they also mention "Ellis J. From Ellijay". And the sherriff's name is Sherriff, Early is the squid, the main character. Consider yourself lucky that you live in Blairsville. I live in Murray County and over the past few years have had too many meth lab explosions, teachers selling drugs and getting DUIs, a commissioner resigning because of extramarital blowjobs, a high school senior sodomizing a handicapped child, and a couple of rednecks who skinned and ate a dog because "God told them to". Plenty more, but let's not push it.

I live in Gordon county. It's funny watching that show. It says a lot of things like we do.
north county

United States

#27 Feb 23, 2013
Seriously?yall must be way slow.this show has been out for years
Justin

Toccoa, GA

#28 Apr 18, 2013
dont give boo a gun wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Any other questions?
. I live in the mountains in Georgia 5% of the people live like this

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#29 Apr 19, 2013
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>. I live in the mountains in Georgia 5% of the people live like this
Last time I was in commerce it was pretty flat. Did some mountains form recently or something?
observer

Murphy, NC

#30 Apr 19, 2013
SlowPok, there you are. Did you start writing that book yet?
Chainsaw Five wrote:
<quoted text>I seen you a drivin that truck, a gettin you a chaw, puttin up yourn shotgun, an listen'n to that music. Who was the feller wantin to drive Goober??
DGrant

Ellijay, GA

#31 May 5, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Last time I was in commerce it was pretty flat. Did some mountains form recently or something?
Commerce? The conversation is based on the I575 corridor, namely Gilmer and Fannin Counties. Where there are mountains. Big ones. Buy a map.

“Dont care how you did it in FL”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#32 May 5, 2013
DGrant wrote:
<quoted text>
Commerce? The conversation is based on the I575 corridor, namely Gilmer and Fannin Counties. Where there are mountains. Big ones. Buy a map.
Look at that dudes address that posted that. It says Commerce.
Soggy Bottom USA

Lula, GA

#33 May 15, 2013
Timmy_ wrote:
<quoted text>Look at that dudes address that posted that. It says Commerce.
It could say a lot of places.
Sour_Skittles

United States

#34 Sep 3, 2013
"Don't touch the trim!" Gotta love that Early.
Jeff

Humble, TX

#35 Mar 27, 2014
The episode about the Monster Ellis Jay says he is from the "next county over". You need to look at the mileage to Hot-Lanta on 515 on a couple of episodes. More specifically its exactly at Morganton GA and if you want to see the actual Junkyard drive out Old Loving Road. Sure its a compilation of Eilljay to Blarisville but it rings closest to Blue Ridge.

Since: Jan 13

Talladega, AL

#36 Jun 8, 2014
My next door neighbor is a squid.
wanna know wrote:
Is life there in the north Georgia mountains accurately reflected in the cartoon "Squidbillies"?
Like the lotto tickets - you have a choice of scratch offs titled "fat chances" "piss it aways" or "a fool and his moneys".
I have heard and seen a lot of people that I could fit into that cartoon. Is it that real or memorex?
"Give me one of them there roosters on a stick"
KaitlinKS

Jefferson, GA

#37 Yesterday
Okay, I have lived in Ellijay, Blue Ridge, and Commerce. NO commerce is NOT in the mountains. Squidbillies is so similar to Blue Ridge, Ellijay, and Jasper, mainly Ellijay. The names in the show refelct common names in the area. No one knows 100% where unless we ask the writer of the show.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve's Steakhouse 17 min Jimmy Buffet 46
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chopper Read 55,459
BRMEMC board election results 9 13 2014 1 hr Fed Up Member 126
GSP vs. motorcycle fatality 3 hr PeggySue 32
Lances and BRMEMC 5 hr Could B 32
Tanyard Truck Stop 6 hr realtor 9
Good Ole Days 11 hr side lines 7
BRMEMC Board and Akins 18 hr 1 Member 49
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••