Squidbillies based on real life north...

Squidbillies based on real life north Georgia?

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wanna know

North Tazewell, VA

#1 Dec 16, 2009
Is life there in the north Georgia mountains accurately reflected in the cartoon "Squidbillies"?

Like the lotto tickets - you have a choice of scratch offs titled "fat chances" "piss it aways" or "a fool and his moneys".

I have heard and seen a lot of people that I could fit into that cartoon. Is it that real or memorex?

"Give me one of them there roosters on a stick"
wanna know

North Tazewell, VA

#2 Dec 16, 2009
Sorry for the double post. Sometime Topix doesn't react quickly enough.

Really, does everyone in N. Georgia have this motto?

"You have to work like you never been hurt,F*ck like you don't need the money and scratch like nobody's watching you."
squidbillies

Jefferson, GA

#3 Dec 17, 2009
I believe that it is a comic take on life up here...there are many things in that show that ring true to people that live up here...
huh

Homer, GA

#4 Dec 17, 2009
squidbillies wrote:
I believe that it is a comic take on life up here...there are many things in that show that ring true to people that live up here...
what channel is it on? never even heard of it. is it a kid show?
lol

Texarkana, TX

#5 Dec 17, 2009
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
what channel is it on? never even heard of it. is it a kid show?
Jus talk with Ga Peach/meow. You will figure it out from there.
squidbillies

Jefferson, GA

#6 Dec 17, 2009
it is on Adult swim: here is a link to the website:

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/squidbillies/i...
A Hole

Eastanollee, GA

#7 Dec 18, 2009
I love calamari!
dont give boo a gun

Dawsonville, GA

#8 Dec 18, 2009
wanna know wrote:
Is life there in the north Georgia mountains accurately reflected in the cartoon "Squidbillies"?
Like the lotto tickets - you have a choice of scratch offs titled "fat chances" "piss it aways" or "a fool and his moneys".
I have heard and seen a lot of people that I could fit into that cartoon. Is it that real or memorex?
"Give me one of them there roosters on a stick"
Yes. Any other questions?
GWB

Hoschton, GA

#9 Dec 18, 2009
squidbillies wrote:
it is on Adult swim: here is a link to the website:
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/squidbillies/i...
That is some wacky stuff.
goobers cuzin

Jefferson, GA

#10 Dec 18, 2009
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
hare you a'doin' goober?
Bear Bottoms

Jefferson, GA

#11 Dec 18, 2009
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
you like bottom or top goober?

“Skin a Floridian”

Since: Aug 09

Hiawassee, GA

#12 Dec 18, 2009
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
I seen you a drivin that truck, a gettin you a chaw, puttin up yourn shotgun, an listen'n to that music. Who was the feller wantin to drive Goober??
This_is_not_a_ha t

Auburn, AL

#13 Sep 29, 2010
To be completely accurate, Squidbillies takes place in Ellijay, GA. It is located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. My girlfriend's family is from that way and I give her a hard time about how they are mud farmers.
odd todd

Copperhill, TN

#14 Sep 30, 2010
Squidbillies takes place in Blairsville. One used to work at the bank an another one worked in the tax commissioners office. The preacher could be anyone of a number in this county. The big lady thats always laying down? Saw her in Downtown Pizza going thru the buffett line. Early the cop on the show. Doesn't he remind you of someone local who has wrecked cars while on duty? And that guy that owns everything on the show.....that be UCB. The kids on the show, they all hang around the share a ride parking lot on the weekend. It's not in Gilmer my friends. It's right here in our own county
briefkace

United States

#16 Jun 29, 2011
odd todd wrote:
Squidbillies takes place in Blairsville. One used to work at the bank an another one worked in the tax commissioners office. The preacher could be anyone of a number in this county. The big lady thats always laying down? Saw her in Downtown Pizza going thru the buffett line. Early the cop on the show. Doesn't he remind you of someone local who has wrecked cars while on duty? And that guy that owns everything on the show.....that be UCB. The kids on the show, they all hang around the share a ride parking lot on the weekend. It's not in Gilmer my friends. It's right here in our own county
Have you even seen the show? An episode in the first season CLEARLY states ELLIJAY. I think the episode is even called "Monster of Ellijay Mountain" they also mention "Ellis J. From Ellijay". And the sherriff's name is Sherriff, Early is the squid, the main character. Consider yourself lucky that you live in Blairsville. I live in Murray County and over the past few years have had too many meth lab explosions, teachers selling drugs and getting DUIs, a commissioner resigning because of extramarital blowjobs, a high school senior sodomizing a handicapped child, and a couple of rednecks who skinned and ate a dog because "God told them to". Plenty more, but let's not push it.
zarek

Monticello, FL

#17 Jul 5, 2011
briefkace wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you even seen the show? An episode in the first season CLEARLY states ELLIJAY. I think the episode is even called "Monster of Ellijay Mountain" they also mention "Ellis J. From Ellijay". And the sherriff's name is Sherriff, Early is the squid, the main character. Consider yourself lucky that you live in Blairsville. I live in Murray County and over the past few years have had too many meth lab explosions, teachers selling drugs and getting DUIs, a commissioner resigning because of extramarital blowjobs, a high school senior sodomizing a handicapped child, and a couple of rednecks who skinned and ate a dog because "God told them to". Plenty more, but let's not push it.
I live in gordon county and I remember all that Shit!!!! Ha

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#19 Jul 31, 2011
The character with the Hat that changes subjects faster than Hillbillies change underwear looks like an organizer of a new bank in CT, Sachem Bank (IDO). The Squidbillies may be visiting CT beaches this summer just cooling off and waiting to open their accounts at Sachem Bank and meet the Great Sachem.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#20 Jul 31, 2011
bankalchemist wrote:
The character with the Hat that changes subjects faster than Hillbillies change underwear
Soooo..you are saying he Never changes subjects?
Slowpoks Boy

Jefferson, GA

#21 Jul 31, 2011
No you idjit, what he is saying that you has a tail han you smell like a dern goat.
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo..you are saying he Never changes subjects?
Timmy

Bryson City, NC

#22 Jul 31, 2011
Why floridee people ask so many dumb questions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Lives Matter? 3 hr time to pay 12
Hillary Clinton for President ! 3 hr brother for Trump 57
What does Blairsville need? 4 hr Observer 121
Polyurethane floor installer 8 hr Tanjello Fusion 5
Democrat Convention in Philadelphia 10 hr Ed Anger 1
News KKK will rally Saturday in Blairsville (Oct '12) Sat Smally Biggs 38
Trump News! Fri Stick 20

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance