Wal-Mart in Blairsville
Whatever

Hayesville, NC

#41 Sep 7, 2010
maddie wrote:
shopped there the other day this walmart is poorly stocked so then we had to go to Ellijay for a particular item paid 15.00 more for the same thing in Ellijay and was told its store policy to determine their own pricing. If your going to open a store have it stocked and provide service.
Our Blairsville Walmart is a concept store. Smaller with less inventory. They pick the one to two best sellers of each product and that is all we get. I can never get my entire list of items and then check out is forever...most times I have been 7 - 10 deep at check out with only 3 lines open. My time is too valuable, I just stopped going.
ftod

Mableton, GA

#42 Sep 7, 2010
Parttime resident of Blairsville and have noticed that prices are higher, sometimes significantly, than WM in other places. Returned an item that cost $37 in B'ville WM, return rang up for $29 in Marietta. Also had issue of items ringing up differently at register than listed on shelves. For the same $ I will support the local businesses.
somebody

United States

#43 Sep 8, 2010
ftod wrote:
Parttime resident of Blairsville and have noticed that prices are higher, sometimes significantly, than WM in other places. Returned an item that cost $37 in B'ville WM, return rang up for $29 in Marietta. Also had issue of items ringing up differently at register than listed on shelves. For the same $ I will support the local businesses.
Anyone know about the lady abducted front the walmart in Murphy? Its scary to be out anywhere by yourself.

Since: Aug 10

Dawsonville, GA

#44 Sep 13, 2010
At least Murphy's Wal-Mart doesn't hire sicko people who try to break up other people's happy marrage's sleeping with there on first cousin.How sick is that
For Sure

Dawsonville, GA

#45 Sep 14, 2010
wondering wrote:
I heard that Wal Mart screwed all the Blairsville employees out of their bonus at the last minute. They told them they had poor scores in their customer service because the checkout lines were too long. No wonder, the management never has more than 3 open. Those workers were counting on that, some of them already had plans for it then they got cheated out of it. SHAME ON YOU WAL MART! I won't be shopping there anymore.
Yeah, they were supposed to get almost 200 dollars and it was only 10 dollars. I heard that it was because someone got hurt and that guy had to have surgery and then the manager cut out there quarterly bonuses. But that is wrong because workmen's comp should be paying for it.

Since: Aug 10

Dahlonega, GA

#46 Sep 14, 2010
No I meant that Blairsville's wal-mart has someone working for them that slept with her first cousin and almost broke up his marrige now that is sick.This is just what I heard
Sgt Friday

Palm Bay, FL

#47 Sep 14, 2010
lovely30512 wrote:
No I meant that Blairsville's wal-mart has someone working for them that slept with her first cousin and almost broke up his marrige now that is sick.This is just what I heard
What does her personal life have to do with Walmart?
Int grl

Warner Robins, GA

#48 Sep 15, 2010
Sgt Friday wrote:
<quoted text>What does her personal life have to do with Walmart?
Really! I agree! It's funny how these threads turn around into someone slamming somebody else and they want to create gossip!
IVY LOG

Texarkana, TX

#49 Sep 20, 2010
walmart treats its assoicates very bad one of thea associates put in for transfer tony stewart first said she could go then stopped her from going she had to go over his head to get to transfer seniotry doesnt matter at all i been with wal mart 9 years always been full time associate but now have cut me down to 35 hours a week all the associates work in such a hostile harassing work everiment we have to walk on egg shells we never know when we will be fired for nothing they screw with my schdules all the time i have open avaliably for csm however jenifer does not the are never fair im a csm but the wont to give me less hours and make me cashier so will lose my csm pay after 12 weeks IT IS A HORRIABLE PLACE TO WORK THE MANGEMENT IS FROM HELL ESPECIALLY TONY STEWART
Funny

Jefferson, GA

#50 Sep 21, 2010
IVY LOG wrote:
walmart treats its assoicates very bad one of thea associates put in for transfer tony stewart first said she could go then stopped her from going she had to go over his head to get to transfer seniotry doesnt matter at all i been with wal mart 9 years always been full time associate but now have cut me down to 35 hours a week all the associates work in such a hostile harassing work everiment we have to walk on egg shells we never know when we will be fired for nothing they screw with my schdules all the time i have open avaliably for csm however jenifer does not the are never fair im a csm but the wont to give me less hours and make me cashier so will lose my csm pay after 12 weeks IT IS A HORRIABLE PLACE TO WORK THE MANGEMENT IS FROM HELL ESPECIALLY TONY STEWART
Then quit
call the waaambulance

Saint Marys, GA

#51 Sep 21, 2010
IVY LOG wrote:
Wow, 12 whole weeks, how unfair, 3 months isn't long enough for you to have proved you can handle that position. They should keep paying you to be a crappy CSM for at least another 3 months!(That was sarcasm, in case you didn't recognize it) Get a clue, you obviously weren't able to handle the promotion and it would be poor management to keep you in that position for any longer. There are more qualifications necessary for some positions than just availablity. I know people who work there and while it is called a job for a reason, and like any job, has things that you don't always like, it does provide them a paycheck durng a time when jobs are difficult to find, and they are grateful they have their job so they focus on the good things about working there. Not every job is going to be wonderful with wonderful bosses but right now every job that provides a paycheck is something to be thankful for. If you couldn't do what they expected of a CSM just be thankful they are offering you another position and not firing you! If I were a manager and you were whining and complaining all the time, I would just fire you and hire someone else who would appreciate an opportunity to work. There are many unemployed people that would love to have your cashier position! And before you suggest I work at Walmart, forget it, I have a totally different career but did start out many years ago working at Walmart as a cashier and while it was hard work, I was glad I had it and I loved meeting new people every day while doing it. You can always find something good about any job if you look for it.
bumblebee

AOL

#52 Sep 21, 2010
reread your post and you may see why you are not retaining your position as CSM

YOU CAN'T SPELL!
Peach

Jefferson, GA

#53 Sep 21, 2010
bumblebee wrote:
reread your post and you may see why you are not retaining your position as CSM
YOU CAN'T SPELL!
Heh. Heh.
Be careful bumblebee, one of the twits will think you are me 'cause your ISP is AOL.

Wal Mart has never treated employees particularly well.
Lady who is complaining, be happy you have a job because you don't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed.
sue

Texarkana, TX

#54 Oct 6, 2010
I love the Walmart here in Blairsville Ga.. I have never had to wait more then 5 minutes...I go there during the week, so maybe on the weekends there are more people, and the wait maybe longer..,but the store is clean and i have only meet friendly and helpful people there...
I also was pleased with the Clinic there too.. they seemed to be very helpful.
Realist

Palm Bay, FL

#55 Oct 6, 2010
here are the facts wrote:
we are lucky that walmart chose blairsville to build.....the kinks will be taken care off, it takes time, be thankful you dont have to travel to murpy over 2 miles each way, waste gas, time and energy, the store is never hot, very comfortable and if you have to wait in line for a short time, at least you are indoors with a/c...they are an asset to blairsville/union county.
Ignore the stupid icons, you are right on.People bitch like this because their little minds don't understand the real world and have nothing better to do.
woohoo

Saint Marys, GA

#56 Oct 6, 2010
I just clicked on here to see if people were complaining that it was too cold in walmart now that the weather had gotten cooler since all they wanted to do this summer was complain about it being too hot. Instead, I find some very nice compliments and encouraging posts. I was in Walmart a few days ago having to get some things for my job. The items were things that would need to be ordered on-line and shipped to their store. The employees were extremely helpful and kind. I am very thankful to have the Blairsville Walmart and have nothing but praise for the employees there. It is good to see others are speaking up for them as well.
Shopper

Young Harris, GA

#57 Oct 6, 2010
I'm not a fan of Wal Mart in general, BUT the employees at the new one are outstanding.

I went in there one night and every single employee I passed asked me if I was finding everything I needed. Never had that experience in any Wal Mart before.
Peach

AOL

#58 Oct 6, 2010
Shopper wrote:
I'm not a fan of Wal Mart in general, BUT the employees at the new one are outstanding.
I went in there one night and every single employee I passed asked me if I was finding everything I needed. Never had that experience in any Wal Mart before.
Me, too. I don't like Wal Mart but love the Blairsville store.
citizen

Chestnut Mountain, GA

#59 Oct 15, 2010
I am not a big Walmart fan. I shop there and elsewhere when I have a choice. Walmart does have cheap prices on some things but it is not the bargain we think. The discount prices has hidden costs. "OUR JOBS" All the cheap products from China with the huge margin Walmart is making is robbing Americans of their jobs. Walmart has chosen huge profits rather than supporting our great nation. I know a lot of Walmart employees and they are treated badly. I think it is out of bounds to tell someone if they are unhappy "quit". I think it is admiral of someone who chooses to support and care for their families over themselves. A bad job is better than no job. Those kind of uncaring comments makes me believe there is an absence of GOD in their hearts.
an admiral

AOL

#60 Oct 15, 2010
An admiral is a commander in the Navy.
The word you are looking the is admirable taken from the word "admire."

I don't see how your post relates to the topic about the Wal Mart store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheaters (Jul '15) 51 min Hmmm 36
Our towns food is terrible 4 hr No cook 74
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 8 hr Stick 302
This can't be true. 16 hr psychic 6
Its okay to be Gay in Blairsville (Jun '09) 22 hr Skeet Cummings 211
President Reagan's Stance on Assault Weapons 22 hr TimmysDaddy 3
John F Kennedy 22 hr TimmysDaddy 11

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance