First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Jerry

Toccoa, GA

#147 Feb 18, 2013
AMEN!!!!!!!
left behind wrote:
<quoted text> What about the rate they have left that church, and the bus driver did not have a thing to do with that. The bus driver isn't and wasn't the problem. The problem or problems have left the building, and that my friend wasn't a sad day. I am not on that bus, and I have heard all the talk and it is not about the bus driver. The church and God's house should not be used to gain fame and fortune, and God's money, money people have worked hard to give, should not be used for expensive hunting trips to places like Oklahoma and other states for a select few men, while other people can't even afford a vacation. I can find my God in Union County, I don't have to drive hundress of miles looking for him, and I don't have to spend one penny to witness to people everyday. I remember as a child our church had weiner and marshmallow roasts for us and we really enjoyed that, and more than one child was involved. It was for everyone. Think about how all that money could be spent for a better cause and to help more kids. How about a camping trip to Vogel, less expensive, involves more youth, doesn't involve killing ittle animals, and the kids would have a blast, but I guess it would not be as exciting for the grown men, but I thought it wasn't about them. Is it????

Jefferson, GA

#148 Feb 19, 2013
Jerry wrote:
AMEN!!!!!!!
<quoted text>
I second that AMEN!!!!!
Ricky

Jefferson, GA

#149 Feb 19, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here a long time and this makes how many churches that Tommy has been involved with that split? I have heard of 3 since I have been here. I have been invited to that church before and I wouldn't go because of him.
Ask Tommy how many churches he has been a member of in the past 20 or so years. The answer will surprise you.
AMEN and AMEN.
revelation

Jefferson, GA

#150 Feb 19, 2013
Ricky wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN and AMEN.
One of the former clique? The clique took a lick.
Greg

Jefferson, GA

#151 Feb 19, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you say....people who know him and have lived around here know the truth. Don't worry it will just be a matter of time....people will wise up to him and then he will leave and start somewhere new. He always does. Just like he left HOP then he left Antioch.....then he helped start New Hope.....then they had a split there and he left there and I think went to HG. Déjà Vu.
How's the budget looking for you bus driver? Going to please you? I know what your answer will be, but say it anyway. I also know the real truth. So does the GOOD Lord.
good stewards

Jefferson, GA

#152 Feb 20, 2013
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
How's the budget looking for you bus driver? Going to please you? I know what your answer will be, but say it anyway. I also know the real truth. So does the GOOD Lord.
Get over it, they are gone, and the overspending is coming to an end. Good riddance. I applaude the people who stood up and questioned all the spending. Should have been done a long time ago. They took more trips than most people take in a lifetime, and was it on the church's money, and if it was on the church's money how did they justify it. I guess some people can justify anything in their own mind. Common sense should kick in after awhile. Money is real easy to spend when it is not coming out of your own pocket. I bet the budget is looking much better, and being a good steward of GOD'S money is a good thing.
Matthew 7-1

Dahlonega, GA

#153 Feb 20, 2013
All,
Please refer to the book of Matthew, Chapter 7, Verse 1.
If you do not feel like looking it up, I will share:
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged." NIV
That is all.
Thanks guys!
good stewards

Jefferson, GA

#154 Feb 20, 2013
Matthew 7-1 wrote:
All,
That is all.
Thanks guys!
I Why is it when the truth comes out, the bible is always used as the crutch. The best way to not be judged is to not do anything wrong in the first place. That comes from the book of morality and just plain old common sense.
My Two Senses

Blairsville, GA

#155 Feb 20, 2013
Matthew 7-1 wrote:
All,
That is all.
Thanks guys!
I'm glad you gave the "or" part. Most people don't and they
think that one isn't supposed to judge. It simply says that
you'll be judged by similar standards. Jesus said that we should
be aware of wolves in sheep's clothing. That requires judging.
The New Testament lays out a procedure to dismiss someone from
the local church. That requires judging. The New Testament says,
"By their fruits, ye shall know them." That requires judging. The
New Testament commands that Christians are to "come out and be ye separate saith the Lord." That requires judging. And other numerous places Christians are commanded to be in the world but not part of it.
All that requires judging. We, however, aren't supposed to be
judging if one has been born again or not. God looks on the heart. However, all humans aren't Children of God. Jesus said to a group of Pharisees, "Ye are of your father, the Devil."
bambi

Jefferson, GA

#156 Feb 20, 2013
My Two Senses wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you gave the "or" part. Most people don't and they
think that one isn't supposed to judge. It simply says that
you'll be judged by similar standards. Jesus said that we should
be aware of wolves in sheep's clothing. That requires judging.
The New Testament lays out a procedure to dismiss someone from
the local church. That requires judging. The New Testament says,
"By their fruits, ye shall know them." That requires judging. The
New Testament commands that Christians are to "come out and be ye separate saith the Lord." That requires judging. And other numerous places Christians are commanded to be in the world but not part of it.
All that requires judging. We, however, aren't supposed to be
judging if one has been born again or not. God looks on the heart. However, all humans aren't Children of God. Jesus said to a group of Pharisees, "Ye are of your father, the Devil."
I think the wolves in sheep's clothing were well known for their deeds, a procedure was laid out, they were judged, dismissed, and now they can have all the time they want for all the things of the world they desire, like hunting and traveling and sitting in restaurants. They might even find time to look for work. Oh my goodness, that is a four letter word.
Fools on board

Blairsville, GA

#157 Feb 21, 2013
bambi wrote:
<quoted text> I think the wolves in sheep's clothing were well known for their deeds, a procedure was laid out, they were judged, dismissed, and now they can have all the time they want for all the things of the world they desire, like hunting and traveling and sitting in restaurants. They might even find time to look for work. Oh my goodness, that is a four letter word.
Where there's a "Bambi" there's got to be a "Thumper," and we know there's always a thumper in every church (in more ways than one).
a thought

Hahira, GA

#158 Feb 23, 2013
bambi wrote:
<quoted text> I think the wolves in sheep's clothing were well known for their deeds, a procedure was laid out, they were judged, dismissed, and now they can have all the time they want for all the things of the world they desire, like hunting and traveling and sitting in restaurants. They might even find time to look for work. Oh my goodness, that is a four letter word.
Oh my!!! One was dismissed, and one got pi_____ed.
Are u kidding me

Blairsville, GA

#160 Feb 26, 2013
This Is supposed to be a church you are all talking about right??????
no kidding

Jefferson, GA

#161 Feb 27, 2013
Are u kidding me wrote:
This Is supposed to be a church you are all talking about right??????
I don't think it is the church people are upset at. It is a few people that were there, and the problems are and will be resolved with new Christian leadership.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton for President ! 1 hr JB Stoner 56
Polyurethane floor installer 3 hr Tanjello Fusion 5
Black Lives Matter? 3 hr J B Stoner 11
Democrat Convention in Philadelphia 5 hr Ed Anger 1
What does Blairsville need? Sat Smally Biggs 120
News KKK will rally Saturday in Blairsville (Oct '12) Sat Smally Biggs 38
Trump News! Fri Stick 20

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance