Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

when a pastors wife states " most churches pay better and supply a home." You better believe that money is the basis. I thik too many are in it for the fame also. If you are truly called, you never step down and you never drag other down. A christian uplifts. Methodist at least talk about you in front of you and others.
servant

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Why are Christians bashing each other? If indeed you are a Follower of Christ.

There is only one thing in Christianity that is of importance, and that is knowing and believing that Jesus is the son of God. That Jesus on the cross erased the sin of those who believe and become his followers.

There is no way to eternal life but through Christ.
When church goers become more interested in judging others than in living the life Christ would have us live, the door is open for Satan to interfere into the life of the believer.

All other things are nothing but distractions that drag the believer away from the fellowship with Christ and our God.

If all are believers and study the Bible, you know I speak rightly. Let forgiveness be a cornerstone of your faith. Let Love reign supreme in your life. Love as Christ himself loved. Do not be distracted by non-believers or those who call themselves Christian but show otherwise.

Brethren do not quarrel among each other for it takes away your time of fellowship with God himself.
steward

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

servant wrote:
There is only one thing in Christianity that is of importance, and that is knowing and believing that Jesus is the son of God. That Jesus on the cross erased the sin of those who believe and become his followers.
When church goers become more interested in judging others than in living the life Christ would have us live, the door is open for Satan to interfere into the life of the believer.
All other things are nothing but distractions that drag the believer away from the fellowship with Christ and our God.
If all are believers and study the Bible, you know I speak rightly. Let forgiveness be a cornerstone of your faith. Let Love reign supreme in your life. Love as Christ himself loved. Do not be distracted by non-believers or those who call themselves Christian but show otherwise.
Brethren do not quarrel among each other for it takes away your time of fellowship with God himself.
If we all look away and pretend wrong doing doesn't exist, Satan will take over. I will call an ace an ace and a spade a spade. God wants us to stand up and take a stand for him. There is a difference in judging someone and being held accountable for one's actions, a big difference.
Pharisee

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

steward wrote:
<quoted text> If we all look away and pretend wrong doing doesn't exist, Satan will take over. I will call an ace an ace and a spade a spade. God wants us to stand up and take a stand for him. There is a difference in judging someone and being held accountable for one's actions, a big difference.

You are a good Pharisee.
Hill Will

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Imago Dei

“He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard.”
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

servant wrote:

Wow - A Christian suggesting Christians must exercise-
Forgiveness, Compassion, Caring, Peace, etc.

Great post - Good luck with that.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Boring.
on looker

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Some like to talk the talk. but they don't walk the walk, and walk right out when things don't go their way.
Hill Will

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Boring.
Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
Dalai Lama
Hill Will

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

on looker wrote:
<quoted text> Some like to talk the talk. but they don't walk the walk, and walk right out when things don't go their way.
This is not directed at you, but it can be said Christianity is a religion that shoots their wounded. Christians have a tendency to attack and put down those who sin instead of trying to help them find their way again. Instead of being like Christ and welcoming those who have made mistakes and would like to change, Christians have more of a "you sinner!" attitude about things. It is easy to see the splinter in the eye of others, but it is difficult to see the beam in our own eyes.

When Christians bash other Christians, who is the bigger sinner? It is the "shooter" or the one who gets shot (judged) because of some sin? Either we sin or others sin against us: Could it be that the Bible is true in saying "All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Put another way, when the religious people in the Bible were ready to stone the woman caught in adultery, that Christ who we call Jesus said, "Let he is free of sin canst the first stone." Given the fallen state of all humans, we need Jesus to stand up for us, instead of us trying to stand up for him. He is a big God and fully capable of standing on his own. He doesn't need us to stand for him. The room of Grace is full of sinners, come on in. One more won't hurt. All are welcome.
ITS BEEN A WHILE

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

qoute preached, " He did not deal well with the life he was expected to live." unqoute.

I agreed with him but I watched the faces as they left. The truth hurt. Stacy is a good preacher, if not the church would not have grown. I had heard many say it was all bought out. I would step down too if that is so.

My preacher stepped down because the one he wanted to go after him did not get elected. These are baptist churches and why I choose to be God's child and will go to non denominational churches.
on looker

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

ITS BEEN A WHILE wrote:
qoute preached, " He did not deal well with the life he was expected to live." unqoute.
I agreed with him but I watched the faces as they left. The truth hurt. Stacy is a good preacher, if not the church would not have grown. I had heard many say it was all bought out. I would step down too if that is so.
My preacher stepped down because the one he wanted to go after him did not get elected. These are baptist churches and why I choose to be God's child and will go to non denominational churches.
Bought out or spent out?
Itseen a while

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

I heard both but coming from a small talkative person who does not know up from down. sad
on looker

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Itseen a while wrote:
I heard both but coming from a small talkative person who does not know up from down. sad
A lot of people at that church are talking, and noone seems very upset by them leaving.
Brian

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Judged:

on looker wrote:
<quoted text> A lot of people at that church are talking, and noone seems very upset by them leaving.
`

Oh, really bus driver? Who have you been listening to? The kids on the bus? Lol! At the rate people are leaving the choir, you'll have the stage all to yourself soon. That will be a sad day.
left behind

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Brian wrote:
<quoted text>`
Oh, really bus driver? Who have you been listening to? The kids on the bus? Lol! At the rate people are leaving the choir, you'll have the stage all to yourself soon. That will be a sad day.
What about the rate they have left that church, and the bus driver did not have a thing to do with that. The bus driver isn't and wasn't the problem. The problem or problems have left the building, and that my friend wasn't a sad day. I am not on that bus, and I have heard all the talk and it is not about the bus driver. The church and God's house should not be used to gain fame and fortune, and God's money, money people have worked hard to give, should not be used for expensive hunting trips to places like Oklahoma and other states for a select few men, while other people can't even afford a vacation. I can find my God in Union County, I don't have to drive hundress of miles looking for him, and I don't have to spend one penny to witness to people everyday. I remember as a child our church had weiner and marshmallow roasts for us and we really enjoyed that, and more than one child was involved. It was for everyone. Think about how all that money could be spent for a better cause and to help more kids. How about a camping trip to Vogel, less expensive, involves more youth, doesn't involve killing ittle animals, and the kids would have a blast, but I guess it would not be as exciting for the grown men, but I thought it wasn't about them. Is it????
travis

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

What Happened wrote:
Why did Stacy Dyer and the associate pastor step down
Here's a quarter call someone that cares.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

travis wrote:
<quoted text> Here's a quarter call someone that cares.
to top
time marches on

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

What Happened wrote:
Why did Stacy Dyer and the associate pastor step down
Who cares? The church just keeps right on going without them. They can and will be replaced, probably will a lot less expense on the church.
in the crowd

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Brian wrote:
<quoted text>`
Church was full Sunday, and it wasn't the kids on the bus.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of154
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 30 min OMTE 47,565
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 2 hr Hasty 2,038
Where Is YOUR SPLOST MONEY Going? 2 hr Just a Thought 196
Super Gary Steppe Union Schools wants Pay raise 3 hr happy 6
Autopsies performed on bodies found in Blairsvi... 3 hr big news 4
Patrick Malone 8 hr its me again henry 12
BRMEMC Group being formed 12 hr Friend 21
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••