Comments
81 - 100 of 154 Comments Last updated Feb 27, 2013
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#84 Jan 29, 2013
Wildnfree wrote:
property...is the bus driver and baby Huey allowed to dip snuff ?
Per the Hillbilly Code of Ethics, Baby Huey must wait until he is twelve to dip.
Wildnfree

Dawsonville, GA

#85 Jan 29, 2013
One more opinion...1
Deacon vs the new morons elected...how's that workin our?
working man

Dawsonville, GA

#86 Jan 29, 2013
Wildnfree wrote:
One more opinion...1
Deacon vs the new morons elected...how's that workin our?
EXTREMELY well.
Goodness

Dawsonville, GA

#87 Jan 29, 2013
I am not against the church. Yes, if God is leading things, it will grow and prosper. However do not bash the two godly men for following what they believe in their hearts iS what is right for them. Referring to the sportsman's ministry as a "hunting club" tells me you don't know what your talking about. Check into X-treme. Talk to the families that have been blessed by this ministry. Then you might have a clue. This church has been a true blessing in this community and that includes these two preachers. Don't try to tear down what you don't understand. The church will go on. Will it have problems- yes. But it will work thru them. From what I hear one of the preachers will still be attending harmony grove just not serving as associate pastor. This proves God is still working here. Now as far as the bus driver- Gods not done with him yet! I watch the services on TV. Great choir! But if he is at fault for a lot of the problems, that will come out in the future too. Please pray for everyone involved. This church has too much of an impact on the community to fail. Now, one final comment. I spoke to one of the members about why they are visiting other churches at this time, do not assume that they are following "one man" - he told me he did not want to be there and deal with the mumblings of a few and felt this was a good time to make sure that he was were God wanted him to be. Hearing criticism about following " one man" does nothing but confirm his feeling that he does not want to be involved!
working man

Dawsonville, GA

#88 Jan 30, 2013
Goodness wrote:
I am not against the church. Yes, if God is leading things, it will grow and prosper. However do not bash the two godly men for following what they believe in their hearts iS what is right for them. Referring to the sportsman's ministry as a "hunting club" tells me you don't know what your talking about. Check into X-treme. Talk to the families that have been blessed by this ministry. Then you might have a clue. This church has been a true blessing in this community and that includes these two preachers. Don't try to tear down what you don't understand. The church will go on. Will it have problems- yes. But it will work thru them. From what I hear one of the preachers will still be attending harmony grove just not serving as associate pastor. This proves God is still working here. Now as far as the bus driver- Gods not done with him yet! I watch the services on TV. Great choir! But if he is at fault for a lot of the problems, that will come out in the future too. Please pray for everyone involved. This church has too much of an impact on the community to fail. Now, one final comment. I spoke to one of the members about why they are visiting other churches at this time, do not assume that they are following "one man" - he told me he did not want to be there and deal with the mumblings of a few and felt this was a good time to make sure that he was were God wanted him to be. Hearing criticism about following " one man" does nothing but confirm his feeling that he does not want to be involved!
Go to bed. You are up late worrying about nothing. They left. Hopefully they will find work. Yes work. The bus driver has a name and it is Tommy, and he and his wife are good decent people, and yes he works. God does have his hand in this church, and I think he is pleased in the direction it is going now, and I know he had his hand in the change. Now one final comment, if it walks like a duck and acts like a duck it is a duck, same with the hunting club. Some people like myself, have to work for eight to ten hours a day to make a living and don't even have time to go hunting, but of course I don't depend on the generosity of others for my EXTREME hunting trips to other states. A good hunter and true Christian could lead the young people to God right here in his own county.
heavenly eyes

Cleveland, GA

#89 Jan 30, 2013
This is terrible...and we wonder why people say proclaimed (some people claim to be, some are) Christians are crazy!!I am sitting on the other side of the county and know all the troubles and trials of Harmony Grove..y'all need to spend more time praying and less time on topix.

www.youtube.com/watch...
suggestion

Dawsonville, GA

#90 Jan 30, 2013
heavenly eyes wrote:
This is terrible...and we wonder why people say proclaimed (some people claim to be, some are) Christians are crazy!!I am sitting on the other side of the county and know all the troubles and trials of Harmony Grove..y'all need to spend more time praying and less time on topix.
www.youtube.com/watch...
Maybe you need to take your own advice. You could have said a prayer in the time it took you to post a comment.
heavenly eyes

Cleveland, GA

#91 Jan 30, 2013
suggestion wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you need to take your own advice. You could have said a prayer in the time it took you to post a comment.
I'm NOT the one on topix talking about my brothers and sisters in christ...
early bird

Dawsonville, GA

#92 Jan 31, 2013
Bill wrote:
He had it made. Big money , tv exposure, church funded hunting and fishing trips for him and some of the select men of the church. Now maybe the church can help more people instead of planning more Extreme adventures. Just saying.
I could have not said it better myself. Sometimes when people get to feeling too high and mighty , God has to say "I am God and you are not."
early bird

Dawsonville, GA

#93 Jan 31, 2013
heavenly eyes wrote:
www.youtube.com/watch...
Just because someone proclaims to be a Christian doesn't make them one and I am very careful believing someone is a preacher. I think HG's troubles have left the building, and God will be in charge and not man.
Luke

Jefferson, GA

#94 Jan 31, 2013
early bird wrote:
<quoted text> Just because someone proclaims to be a Christian doesn't make them one and I am very careful believing someone is a preacher. I think HG's troubles have left the building, and God will be in charge and not man.
You are just showing how uninformed you are. The troubles will leave HG when the bus driver drives away.....for good!
Sick of it

Pell City, AL

#96 Jan 31, 2013
None of you know what really happened! If you did, you wouldn't be running your mouth! Jeff is still attending and involved in the church! He is fine. He is allowing himself to follow what God has for him. Extreme will grow with his leadership. Stacy is moving on- get over it!! It happens in every church that the preacher has to move on when GOD tells them. As far as the church goes, I have never seen a more service driven group of people! God will do amazing things there!!!!!! Now, finally, if certain people were used to move things along for God's glory, they have to deal with that. Things were said and done that are concerning, but those individuals must deal with that with God. Move on people! If you don't attend there, then shut up! It really is none of your business!!!!! Move on to the next bit of gossip!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#97 Jan 31, 2013
Sick of it wrote:
None of you know what really happened! If you did, you wouldn't be running your mouth! Jeff is still attending and involved in the church! He is fine. He is allowing himself to follow what God has for him. Extreme will grow with his leadership. Stacy is moving on- get over it!! It happens in every church that the preacher has to move on when GOD tells them. As far as the church goes, I have never seen a more service driven group of people! God will do amazing things there!!!!!! Now, finally, if certain people were used to move things along for God's glory, they have to deal with that. Things were said and done that are concerning, but those individuals must deal with that with God. Move on people! If you don't attend there, then shut up! It really is none of your business!!!!! Move on to the next bit of gossip!!!
They can always fall back on "when God tells them" that is always a little too convenient. I think most of them can see the hand writing on the wall. And it isn't from God.
extreme measures

Dawsonville, GA

#98 Jan 31, 2013
Sick of it wrote:
I just detest it when people use God's name to explain their predictament. Who are you trying to convince, yourself? Noone is buying it. Why are you so upset. God says be slow to anger and quick to forgive. I think a true Christian would not have your attitude. telling people to shut up is not nice. WWJD Are you learning that at your church?
Not Paul

Toccoa, GA

#99 Jan 31, 2013
turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>They can always fall back on "when God tells them" that is always a little too convenient. I think most of them can see the hand writing on the wall. And it isn't from God.
Interesting, reminds me of a chapter from a letter:

Breakers of the New Covenant

The Bible speaks of a New Covenant, and of Jesus, and of the Apostles of Jesus, all of which Christiandom embraces and proclaims as the complete and full Word of God. From the beginning the shepherds of this religion have denied and broken one aspect of this New Covenant.

I have visited so many of the churches of men - and spoken with so many of the shepherds. Each one teaches endlessly of doctrines of his or her understanding, things that supposedly the sheep can only hear from an "anointed shepherd." One of the most popular teachings of many of the Christian church's is that you must be under the "spiritual authority" of a man or woman in the church - and that men must seek the guidance of this "spiritual authority."

HOWEVER ~

THE NEW COVENANT STATES: "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

JESUS ALSO SAID, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

AND THE BELOVED DISCIPLE JOHN WROTE, "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

ALL THREE BEAR WITNESS to the fact that it is the Holy Spirit of God, which teaches. The problem is that every shepherd claims to be anointed, called and led by the Holy Spirit. Yet so many of them teach so many different things.

The only two possible solutions are:
A) The Holy Spirit of God is wishy-washy and confused (this I do not believe.)
B) These shepherds are relying on their own understanding, and using their own minds to create doctrine, which benefits their own ministries and ends.

Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel prophesied to the false shepherds and prophets of this time. Perhaps the following scriptures will provide understanding into the nature of the shepherds you follow. But you will not find the truth until you seek it within. A relationship with God is a personal one.

Isaiah 56: 11,12
Jeremiah 23:1-4; Jeremiah 23: 16-22
Ezekiel 34: 1-10
extreme measures

Dawsonville, GA

#100 Jan 31, 2013
Sick of it wrote:
Is he relying on that Extreme hunting thing to give him a pay check too. God tells me to get up and go to work everyday, and gives me the ability to do so. Most people don't have time to go on all of those hunting trips, or sit in the restaurant and have a leisurely lunch, or drive around in a gas guzzler truck with extreme plastered all over it. All this takes money, and someone has to foot the bill, and that is what is extreme to me.
aileen

Dawsonville, GA

#101 Jan 31, 2013
turniptown wrote:
<quoted text>They can always fall back on "when God tells them" that is always a little too convenient. I think most of them can see the hand writing on the wall. And it isn't from God.
I think everybody saw the writing on the wall from the beginning. God telling both of them to leave? Hmmmm highly unlikely, but very convenient.
Informed Opinion

Alva, FL

#102 Jan 31, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>I need some money quick
I have 2 hungry kids and a crop in the field
My wife Ruby done took her love to town and didn't come back
Reply ASAP
Great post.

Corniest song in the world, but thanks to you it will be stuck in our heads for hours.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#103 Jan 31, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
Corniest song in the world, but thanks to you it will be stuck in our heads for hours.
Now don't pick on Kenny Rogers. He is a classic.
amazing

Dawsonville, GA

#104 Feb 1, 2013
Sick of it wrote:
Did God tell them to move on? Now that is what is amazing to me, and both at the same time. God must have told those people that said and did those concerning things, to stay. Imagine that. He must have told the bus driver to stay too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
please raise taxes in Union 2 hr thats funny 24
Union Counties OVER CROWED JAIL 4 hr curious 153
Outlet Mall coming to Blairsville ? 5 hr lovely 13
Steve's Steakhouse Cookie Jar 6 hr why 64
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 11 hr rename 53,508
Union County Property tax increase 11 hr Roni 13
brmemc 12 hr someone who might 252
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
Blairsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Blairsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000