enough

Dawsonville, GA

#64 Jan 22, 2013
Maybe- wrote:
<quoted text>
My observations were simply that; obviously difficulties are being experienced, inclusive of all concerned. I made no effort to contribute to those worries, or to suggest any possible blame.
Everyone makes their own decisions. Once their decisions are made, why beat a dead horse? The well wishes were for healing, and what I trust is a need to get beyond whatever the concerns may be.
Just donít see the need for all the bitterness.
Put your whip down and quit beating the dead horse. If you don't go there, why worry about it, and if you do, you should know why people might be disappointed, not bitter. Sometimes difficulties in life are self inflicted, by bad decisions and sometimes we must fess up and take the blame. If one can't be honest with oneself how can they be honest with anyone else. It takes a big man to admit they were wrong.
I know

Douglas, GA

#65 Jan 27, 2013
One of those two apples did not fall far from the tree.
Hill Will

Jefferson, GA

#66 Jan 27, 2013
I don't know much about the meeting place you are talking about or the former pastor. Apparently, it's not a very "healthy church" or people, including the pastor, wouldn't be jumping ship.

I find "fellowship" in hanging out with Christians I like...in a healthy environment. Perhaps, Mr. Dyer didn't like the congregation and some of them didn't like him much or everybody wouldn't be leaving. The reason why any one bails out is that they realize something just isn't right. Google health church for more:

Number one on my list of a "healthy church" is the sense of freedom and affirmation you get from meeting with other Christians. I borrowed the following from the blog spot link listed, below.

Healthy - Love and grace are subjects often taught. You leave the services with a sense of freedom and affirmation.
Unhealthy - Fear, legalism, and judgment are preached. You leave the services feeling beat down and shamed into doing what the leaders want you to do. You have the sinking feeling that you will never measure up to what the leaders want you to be.

What are your requirements for a healthy church community? Perhaps this blog will help.

http://setfree0408.blogspot.com/2008/11/healt...
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#67 Jan 27, 2013
I know wrote:
One of those two apples did not fall far from the tree.
The thing about an apple that doesn't fall far from the tree is it's Always a rotten apple.
Kingdom Come

Dawsonville, GA

#68 Jan 28, 2013
Methodist and some other religions move their pastors, ministers and priest to certain churches. Non denominational and Baptist, not so much. Maybe the churches who have debit card readers for tithes but I call that a business much different than church.
I do not agree that pastors should step down because he does not know how to control his flock, lead his flock or pray with his flock. It will not take you long to divide the man from the pastor when one steps down. Pastors should remember that they are not God. The church has committees and they vote. If you do not like that vote and split the church and start a new, what is the resolve? God should come first and he is always left out when it comes to Pastors stepping down or the division of a church. I was recently asked why I felt that certain denominational churches split by my best friend in the world. I looked at him and said, "because God was not there and every church branch from the original will not have peace until they get back to their root and accept God above all people and things." He said, " I know why I married you." He married me because I was raised by a grandmother who was faithful to Christ and kept me close to him with her. The other family members, I don't know about. If you split from such and such and it's not working out, try your home church that you was raised in. You may be surprised at how Godly it is compared to what you have seen in the branches. JMO. take it or leave it. It worked for me.
Kingdom Come

Dawsonville, GA

#69 Jan 28, 2013
and yes I will put it out here - if you can not lead a youth group, if your associate pastor preaches more than you do, you may want to have a little talk with Jesus and tell him all about your troubles instead of getting angry that people did not trust you to be Pastor. This goes for many churches in our area. I would have never imagined so many churches who grew so big as to have 300 chairs and only 25 filled each service. What is wrong with that picture? Don't point at the congregation.
Kingdom Come

Dawsonville, GA

#70 Jan 28, 2013
In jist, if you are truly of the spiritual nature, you will want to step UP instead of stepping down. God don't call quitters and if you quit, I guess you was never called by the same God I know.
roots

Dawsonville, GA

#71 Jan 28, 2013
Floridian wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing about an apple that doesn't fall far from the tree is it's Always a rotten apple.
Two rotten apples sometimes fall from the tree.
Goodness

Dawsonville, GA

#72 Jan 28, 2013
I have sat here and read this whole tread and I am amazed by the number of comments that are completely evil and nasty. Wonder why people don't want to get involved in churches, this thread is a perfect example.

Two pastors stepped down. For whatever reason, THEY felt God was done with them there! Pray for them that God will lead them to the next step in their walk with HIM. The church family will continue. People don't choose to stay or leave based on one person. Most that will leave will be because they find that at this time of change they want to reevaluate their family needs and see if they "fit" somewhere else better, this church has had a great impact in the community and I am sure will continue to do so. Pray for all the people involved! Don't tear down either. Yes, all are hurting, change is hard. But God has great things in store for this church family. Anyone who's heart is not where it should be, God will take care of them!! Rumors are just that RUMORS. Gods church will prevail. And God's men will move forward - this is an exciting time to step back and see what God has in store for some very good people!!
revelation

Dawsonville, GA

#73 Jan 28, 2013
Goodness wrote:
I have sat here and read this whole tread and I am amazed by the number of comments that are completely evil and nasty. Wonder why people don't want to get involved in churches, this thread is a perfect example.
Two pastors stepped down. For whatever reason, THEY felt God was done with them there! Pray for them that God will lead them to the next step in their walk with HIM. The church family will continue. People don't choose to stay or leave based on one person. Most that will leave will be because they find that at this time of change they want to reevaluate their family needs and see if they "fit" somewhere else better, this church has had a great impact in the community and I am sure will continue to do so. Pray for all the people involved! Don't tear down either. Yes, all are hurting, change is hard. But God has great things in store for this church family. Anyone who's heart is not where it should be, God will take care of them!! Rumors are just that RUMORS. Gods church will prevail. And God's men will move forward - this is an exciting time to step back and see what God has in store for some very good people!!
I think God is having his way. He does not let arrogance prevail. God reads the heart, and he can change things whether you or anyone else approves, and sometimes that means making people accept the truth. I think God has been evaluating this for quiet a while. Looks like God did take care of people who's heart was not in the right place. God's church will go on much stronger and better than before. I wish that church and it's people God's blessings, and I thnk God will be right there to guide them in the right direction now with Godly leaders who are not all wrapped up in their own little agenda of self glory.
Luke

Dahlonega, GA

#74 Jan 29, 2013
The two men that are no longer there are Godly men.They know it and God knows it. The bus driving cancer remains just to tear down Gods work. He knows it and God knows it. Period.
opinions

Dawsonville, GA

#75 Jan 29, 2013
Luke wrote:
The two men that are no longer there are Godly men.They know it and God knows it. The bus driving cancer remains just to tear down Gods work. He knows it and God knows it. Period.
What did the bus driver do that p__ you off. That is your opinion,and you know what they say about opinions. I haven't heard anyone complain about them leaving. Don't blame the bus driver. I believe there might be a little jealousy in your heart today. I commend the bus driver for standing up for God.
amused and unamused

Toccoa, GA

#76 Jan 29, 2013
babbling church monkeys. no brains. no wisdom. no godliness. just like a band of chattering monkeys flinging $#!T on each other.

THAT is pretty much what the church has become - in all of its forms, and all of its denominations.... Greedy, Foolish, Chattering Monkeys flinging $#!T around.

Thank God, that you do not actually represent God.
working man

Dawsonville, GA

#77 Jan 29, 2013
amused and unamused wrote:
babbling church monkeys. no brains. no wisdom. no godliness. just like a band of chattering monkeys flinging $#!T on each other.
THAT is pretty much what the church has become - in all of its forms, and all of its denominations.... Greedy, Foolish, Chattering Monkeys flinging $#!T around.
Thank God, that you do not actually represent God.
I think that little evil monster greed reared it's ugly head. I hate organized religion and churches that are no more than a money making business. If a church is paying out more to the preachers and staff than they are giving in benevolence to help the true needy, there is a problem. This is why so many people do not go to church. They see no true Christian behavior.
Laurel Wood

Dacula, GA

#78 Jan 29, 2013
Don't follow or idolize any pastor for they are "just a man" supposedly called to minister. They are supposed to be God's messengers and delivering the Bible in sermons. Harmony Grove Baptist is God's house not one or two people's building. Within its walls are people that chose to follow God and do whatever it takes in jobs there or pew warmness. In Union County there are many churches and on some roads hardly 500 ft apart. It tells us there were disagreements and separation that led to so many churches. The members will stay at Harmony Grove and welcome a new leader(s) if they are following God. Some will leave and follow another "man". Some will search and visit many places. Seek after righteousness wherever you roam. Its not the first church to have someone leave and will not be the last. Church should not be like a football game where you have cheerleaders or opposition teams, it should be peace and harmony and for the betterment of the community.
aileen

Dawsonville, GA

#79 Jan 29, 2013
Laurel Wood wrote:
Don't follow or idolize any pastor for they are "just a man" supposedly called to minister. They are supposed to be God's messengers and delivering the Bible in sermons. Harmony Grove Baptist is God's house not one or two people's building. Within its walls are people that chose to follow God and do whatever it takes in jobs there or pew warmness. In Union County there are many churches and on some roads hardly 500 ft apart. It tells us there were disagreements and separation that led to so many churches. The members will stay at Harmony Grove and welcome a new leader(s) if they are following God. Some will leave and follow another "man". Some will search and visit many places. Seek after righteousness wherever you roam. Its not the first church to have someone leave and will not be the last. Church should not be like a football game where you have cheerleaders or opposition teams, it should be peace and harmony and for the betterment of the community.
I think maybe that is what was forgotten. It is not a money making enterprise or a hunting club, run by two people, but a place to worship. Harmony Grove will survive, and go right on without them.
Wildnfree

United States

#80 Jan 29, 2013
And now your powers that be tell you are not allowed to smoke on Church
property...is the bus driver and baby Huey allowed to dip snuff ?
huh

Dawsonville, GA

#81 Jan 29, 2013
Wildnfree wrote:
How about affairs on church property? Some sins are worse than smoking and dipping. I don't think thou shalt not dip or thou shalt not smoke are two of God's commandments, but thou shalt not commit adultery is.
kindergarten

Dawsonville, GA

#82 Jan 29, 2013
Wildnfree wrote:
Why the cruel words? How is the weather in Florida? Hunting alligators?
big news

Dawsonville, GA

#83 Jan 29, 2013
Wildnfree wrote:
Baby Huey? Now that's funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dish network 5 hr Republican 27
Scott Stephens was FIRED from the sheriff's off... (Sep '08) 5 hr redimix 38
Loonie Liberals 7 hr dixie ranger 74
Christmas 17 hr Broke 4
DAKOTA SHERWOOD involved in DOLLAR STORE ROBBERY 17 hr Night Rider 13
Reported Union Co. GOP chief arrested for sexua... Dec 22 Sassafrass Tea 9
Seafood Dec 22 Orlando Wilson 55

Blairsville News Video

Blairsville Dating
Find my Match