Posted in the Blairsville Forum

House of cards

Cleveland, GA

#1 Apr 20, 2012
Former Georgia Banker - Tracy Newton Found Deceased
Posted by
Lisa Pritchard

Friday, April 20, 2012
FYN has received several reports that former CEO and Director of Gilmer County Bank - Appalachian Bancshares, Tracy Newton was found deceased Thursday afternoon in Gwinnett County .

FYN learned Thursday that Tracy Newton's body had been found by authorities in Gwinnett County and is suspected at this time to be a suicide. FYN has contacted Gwinnett County for more information and will update as soon as more information is available.

http://gilmer.fetchyournews.com/archives/2287...
UC Voter

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Apr 20, 2012
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...

Mountain Voice wrote: I was involved in this Tracy Newton issue. I was one of the people who led the charge to have him investigated. I will not lose sleep in regards to my involvement.

Read the rest on comment #702.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 20, 2012
UC Voter wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/cit y/blairsville-ga/TH59JTGQO5OLB DQ4A/p34
Mountain Voice wrote: I was involved in this Tracy Newton issue. I was one of the people who led the charge to have him investigated. I will not lose sleep in regards to my involvement.
I fail to understand you meaning. No one made the man commit fraud nor did they make him take his own life. No one should feel guilt. Would you expect the Feds who made the case against him to feel guilty because they discovered he had broken the law. I feel for his family as they must now endure the pain alone. Maybe he did it for his family to make it easier on them or maybe he couldn't stand the thoughts of going to jail. We will never know but no one should feel guilt in helping to bring to light a unlawful situation.
just too much

Cleveland, GA

#4 Apr 20, 2012
published Tuesday, January 31st, 2012
Georgia banker Tracy Newton barred for Ellijay's Appalachia Community Bank flop
by Staff Report

A former Ellijay, Ga., banker has been barred from the banking industry for his role in the failure of the Appalachia Community Bank in 2010, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said.
Tracy Newton, former chief executive of Appalachian and its parent company, accepted the ban without admitting or denying the undisclosed allegations. In its order disclosed last week, the FDIC said it had "reason to believe" Newton was involved in "violations of law" or "unsafe or unsound banking practices" at Appalachian.
Community & Southern Bank of Carrollton, Ga., took over the failed bank and the FDIC estimates the bank failure cost its insurance fund about $420 million.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#5 Apr 20, 2012
UC Voter wrote:
Do you really think that we all should remain silent while some choose to lie, cheat, steal and destroy lives in their journey of GREED just because they might do something stupid when they get caught?????

Get real. Are they thinking about all the lives they destroyed along the way????

Yes it is sad. But people need to speak up and blow the whistle on these people or they will continue to destroy lives and reputations of innocent people.

ALL IT TAKES FOR EVIL TO FLOURISH IS FOR MEN AND WOMEN OF GOOD CONSCIENCE TO REMAIN SILENT......

Pray For Union County and Our Nation for all the evil ones to be brought to justice!

www.cleanandopen.org

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#6 Apr 20, 2012
14 Verily, I say unto you, that I will not suffer that Satan shall accomplish his evil design in this thing.

20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that Satan has great hold upon their hearts; he stirreth them up to iniquity against that which is good;

21 And their hearts are corrupt, and full of wickedness and abominations; and they clove darkness rather than light, because their deeds are evil; therefore they will not ask of me.

22 Satan stirreth them up, that he may lead their souls to destruction.

23 And thus he has laid a cunning plan, thinking to destroy the work of God; but I will require this at their hands, and it shall turn to their shame and condemnation in the day of judgment.

24 Yea, he stirreth up their hearts to anger against this work.

25 Yea, he saith unto them: Deceive and lie in wait to catch, that ye may destroy; behold, this is no harm. And thus he flattereth them, and telleth them that it is no sin to lie that they may catch a man in a lie, that they may destroy him.

26 And thus he flattereth them, and leadeth them along until he draggeth their souls down to hell; and thus he causeth them to catch themselves in their own snare.

27 And thus he goeth up and down, to and fro in the earth, seeking to destroy the souls of men.

28 Verily, verily, I say unto you, wo be unto him that lieth to deceive because he supposeth that another lieth to deceive, for such are not exempt from the justice of God.

D&C 10
UC Voter

Dawsonville, GA

#7 Apr 20, 2012
Wow. Wonder what Jesus would say about evil people being driven to commit suicide?

After reading what ACOG and her homeboy write, I'm not sure I'll be voting for Romney. I'm afraid he'll recite Doctrine and Covenants when he gets his tail in a knot. Hmmm...does Romney think suicide is okay if a person is evil?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8 Apr 21, 2012
UC Voter wrote:
Wow. Wonder what Jesus would say about evil people being driven to commit suicide?
After reading what ACOG and her homeboy write, I'm not sure I'll be voting for Romney. I'm afraid he'll recite Doctrine and Covenants when he gets his tail in a knot. Hmmm...does Romney think suicide is okay if a person is evil?
I'm sure Romney will be coming to Blairsville to try and convice you to vote for him. Maybe then Obama will come to see you. You are really running out of steam.
Rivers

Demorest, GA

#9 Apr 21, 2012
Unreal how someone can act so completely non christian one minute and quote scripture the next like they are a saint.This is what is so wrong with the world today because you think you can act and do anyway you want in a wicked way and then you quote a bible verse and this makes everything allright.I do know that vengeance is mine sayeth the lord and to love your enemies for how can you hate your neighbor and love me for i have created them in my own image.This site is the work of Satan and has caused numerous trouble for people who did not ask for it and is not the way to handle something that some say did ask for it. I direct this post at no one in particular but if you think the shoe fit's then it is time to restructure your life to what the bible say's is for us to follow and obey. There will come a time when a person will be judged for their actions by the One who created us here on earth.
The Seer

Dahlonega, GA

#10 Apr 21, 2012
ACOG wrote:
14 Verily, I say unto you, that I will not suffer that Satan shall accomplish his evil design in this thing.
20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that Satan has great hold upon their hearts; he stirreth them up to iniquity against that which is good;
21 And their hearts are corrupt, and full of wickedness and abominations; and they clove darkness rather than light, because their deeds are evil; therefore they will not ask of me.
22 Satan stirreth them up, that he may lead their souls to destruction.
23 And thus he has laid a cunning plan, thinking to destroy the work of God; but I will require this at their hands, and it shall turn to their shame and condemnation in the day of judgment.
24 Yea, he stirreth up their hearts to anger against this work.
25 Yea, he saith unto them: Deceive and lie in wait to catch, that ye may destroy; behold, this is no harm. And thus he flattereth them, and telleth them that it is no sin to lie that they may catch a man in a lie, that they may destroy him.
26 And thus he flattereth them, and leadeth them along until he draggeth their souls down to hell; and thus he causeth them to catch themselves in their own snare.
27 And thus he goeth up and down, to and fro in the earth, seeking to destroy the souls of men.
28 Verily, verily, I say unto you, wo be unto him that lieth to deceive because he supposeth that another lieth to deceive, for such are not exempt from the justice of God.
D&C 10
Do you also quote from the Book of Abraham? And if you do, which interpretation do you use, Joseph Smith's version or the actual Egyptian funerary text?

(For those of you who don't understand, just Google it.)
just too much

Cleveland, GA

#11 Apr 21, 2012
FDIC Suing Ex-CEO

Atlanta Business Chronicle 9-23-11
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. is suing a couple in Ellijay, Ga., to collect on three loans owed after the regulator took over Appalachian Community Bank.
Tracy and Lisa Newton owe a combined $876,092 in unpaid loans to a subsidiary of the bank, the lawsuit alleges. Itís a civil action filed Sept. 16 in the District Court of Northern Georgia in Gainesville.
Tracy Newton was once CEO of Appalachian, which was seized by regulators in March 2010.
Appalachian was acquired by Community & Southern Bank of Carrollton, Ga., after the housing crisis froze its primary source of revenue, home loans.
As housing prices fell, potential homebuyers couldnít sell their existing homes or chose not to buy a new one, drying up potential borrowers to bring in money for mountain banks in North Georgia, where there is little other development.
When Appalachian was closed, it had $1 billion in assets and $917.6 million in deposits, with 10 branches. Its closure cost the Federal Deposit Insurance Fund $419.3 million.
Tracy Newton and two senior officers resigned in December 2009 after the bank suffered a $57 million loss that year and nearly half of its portfolio was in default.
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/print-edit...
DMo

Ellijay, GA

#12 Apr 21, 2012
You Do Realize the Book of Abraham is in the Book Mormon. Not in the Bible?
anon

Ellijay, GA

#13 Apr 24, 2012
what ever tracy did. we are not the judge. And remember he has family that is grieving. What if it was your husband of dad.
Snipes

Dahlonega, GA

#14 Apr 24, 2012
DMo wrote:
You Do Realize the Book of Abraham is in the Book Mormon. Not in the Bible?
To Mormons it really doesn't matter, they believe anything old Joseph Smith said, even if it has been disproved.
Joy Wishon

Dalton, GA

#15 Apr 26, 2012
While we are quoting Scripture how about" Judge not that you be not judged "and "Let him without sin cast the first stone." I don't need to hide behind a made up name. I stand behind the fact that I serve a loving God who knows the hearts of all men and women. Only He can sit in judgement of any of us. " For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Let's just be a little more compassionate to Tracy and the family he left behind. God bless us all!
Tracy saw the handwriting

Saint Petersburg, FL

#16 Aug 25, 2012
Im not suprise that Tracy took his own life. Im sure he had received several death threats. He ruined alot of people lives, for one i sure am not losing sleep over it. He did it to himself. GREED, GREED and GREED. Too bad, I know tracy and i told in November of 2008, that his bank will go down and he will go down with it.
Floridian

Orlando, FL

#17 Aug 25, 2012
UC Voter wrote:
He had quite a bit to say about Judas Iscariot
Good for you

Saint Petersburg, FL

#18 Dec 31, 2013
UC Voter wrote:
I have heard of you, but, the investigation into Newton dealing went back as far as 2003. I
was the one who threatened to sue in federal court and was contacted by GBI, FBI and FDIC.
Later Newton, Taque, Knight and Beaman all agreed to settle, before bring suit, however,
the ball was already rolling with the FDIC. There was a settlement. Too bad for the boys.
I do not feel abit sorry for them. Oscar Poole is very familiar with this case. He too, told
Tracy Newton to stop what he was doing.
asdf

Ellijay, GA

#19 Feb 25, 2014
coincidence.
Whats the deal

Blairsville, GA

#20 Feb 26, 2014
What are you saying here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
floridiots are a pain 6 hr Timmy_ 6
Local EMC reduces rate 9 hr Just a Thought 25
Is this true about emc? 10 hr Uct 3
Obamacare: Good or Bad ? 13 hr Just Mike 8
Towns County Sheriff 14 hr Sjohn 32
need "good" heating and air conditioning service (Sep '09) 18 hr Regina Peterson 36
What did Lamar Paris spend SPLOST 3 Funds on? 20 hr My Two Sense 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages