Kentucky - Florida Boy

Fort Pierce, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

I am looking for someone who can change out a new a/c system for me that I have purchased myself. I want someone who knows what they are doing. One company wanted between $6300.00 and $7300.00 for a new system.
I then asked if they could install a system I can get myself they refused to do so but I understand why. So just looking for someone to do it at a fair price. I have a family member in the business but out of town who got me new system. Not looking to take away from someone trying to sell a new system just trying to save money where I can. Even someone that works for a company looking for side work.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

B & J in Demorest GA. Honest, hardworking and I don't think it will cost that much. They are good and get lots of commercial work as well. I would get someone that guarantees their work because sometimes the manufacturer can make a bad product. If you and your family are cold natured a propane heat pump system with the hang on the wall backups work good. You will be toasty and if the power goes off your backups will do nicely.
Can

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Laurel Wood wrote:
B & J in Demorest GA. Honest, hardworking and I don't think it will cost that much. They are good and get lots of commercial work as well. I would get someone that guarantees their work because sometimes the manufacturer can make a bad product. If you and your family are cold natured a propane heat pump system with the hang on the wall backups work good. You will be toasty and if the power goes off your backups will do nicely.

Can you give more info on the propane backup system? Who sells? How much? Etc.
Thanks
Can

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Laurel Wood wrote:

Can you give some info on the propane system? Who sells?, costs involved? Etc??
Thanks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Can wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give some info on the propane system? Who sells?, costs involved? Etc??
Thanks.
Hi can. The propane system sits outside your home, mine is square. Your propane company comes and sets up lines from your tank, electrical etc. Your installer brings your unit and what the propane office has done and what your installer has done will bring you good heat. Your installer will come inside your home and install a new thermostat if you need it and test it out as well as checking all your vents and return register. In the summer you will have A/C just like you do with total electric. Now if you need all new ductwork I am sure that is expensive meaning. I have never had anything but this but if I need a replacement unit it will be about $4000 and that is for a one level 6 room 2 bath home. Now for the propane infared (they do not have to be vented)units when the power goes off, they come in many sizes, mine is a large one for the living room and it has built in thermostat you adjust with dial on top. At mark 1 it is approx. 68 degrees. I leave it that way in cool months; when I am gone if power goes off to the large heat pump unit this comes on and plumbing pipes won't freeze. It heats about 3 rooms real good. You can get smaller ones too based on the design of your home. I don't want this to be my main heat but if I turn it up past the 68 degree setting it gets quite toasty. I hope this helps.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Sorry there are 8 rooms and 2 baths and vent work is underneath the home.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Blairsville Forum right now

Search the Blairsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 36 min silverfox 39,845
tommy passmore (Mar '09) 3 hr Just4You 90
Doctors Don't report other Doctors Mistakes 3 hr john Pro Publica 1
see what your doctor is prescribing to other pa... 4 hr john Pro Publica 1
Floridiots han Spring time 4 hr Timmy_ 44
Dinner with a doctor/Pychiatric Eveluation 4 hr new 15
Murdered man found 4 hr IDEA 7
INVESTIGATION: Judy Spiva / Missing Money / Cov... (Mar '13) 9 hr Dark Male 643
•••
•••

Blairsville News Video

•••
•••