Sketchy preschool lottery

Sketchy preschool lottery

Posted in the Blairsville Forum

Since: Jul 14

Jefferson, GA

#1 Jul 24, 2014
So the school system acquired two pre k classes and ran a lottery, apparently every union county teachers kids made that lottery and anybody else who had connections. Has anyone heard about this?
commenting

Blairsville, GA

#2 Jul 24, 2014
Bvilliann wrote:
So the school system acquired two pre k classes and ran a lottery, apparently every union county teachers kids made that lottery and anybody else who had connections. Has anyone heard about this?
The elitists in this county have been "winning the lottery" for years and years. It's just more and more of this has been revealed as the internet, etc., is playing a big part in exposing the non-transparency.
kids

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Jul 24, 2014
I heard that the Ninth District Pre-K is wanting more kids so they can have enough for another classroom. Maybe you should try there.
Blairsvillann

Jefferson, GA

#4 Jul 25, 2014
kids wrote:
I heard that the Ninth District Pre-K is wanting more kids so they can have enough for another classroom. Maybe you should try there.
Thanks for the info!!!
BethanyP

Decatur, GA

#5 Aug 21, 2014
Bvilliann wrote:
Are you mad bc you think you lost? My son got a spot and now attends and the funny thing is... I don't know any of the teachers/ staff in any of the union county schools so why do you insist that is why certain ppl got picked? A lot of parents applied for that program and they could only take a certain number of kids, hence, the lottery was put in place to ensure picking the children would be FAIR and nobody could say that certain kids were picked bc of who they knew and so on... I believe that " the lottery " was the fairest way to choose. Sounds to me like someone is just looking for a reason to rant. Come on it's pre-k!!! Not the end of the world JS!!!!
Charlene - Union County

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Aug 22, 2014
Bvilliann wrote:
Wi dunt yu home skool yer chillrenz like I du in my trayler?
Mi kidz our all wayz lukkin fer nu frends tu play wit so send'em
over. Jus packem a lunch as my WIC an food stampps dunt
go as fer as it use tu. The food bank in town ar stingee. No
cheetoes or good stuf to eat that the kidz like.
Darrell is tryn tu get dissabilty. He cooks a lil meth tu get us by
un till he gits aproved..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cooks only shot 2 hr Trackrocker 8
BRMEMC Director Candidates 20 hr Curious is stupid 28
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 20 hr Observation 372
Full throttle 23 hr Apostle Paul 7
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) Mon tellico 396
Where can I find a fresh meat market? Mon Hanging Meat 5
Hillary Clinton for President ! Aug 20 dgd748 83

Blairsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance