Syria - GA no vote
show me tha bucks

Clarkesville, GA

#1 Sep 3, 2013
Posted: Tuesday, September 3rd 2013 at 1:19pm

Collins says he can't support military action against Syria yet
By Staff

WASHINGTON, D.C.- Republican House Speaker John Boehner said Tuesday he backs U.S. military strikes in Syria, but Georgia's Ninth District Congressman says he cannot support any military just yet.

Late last week, Collins office issued the following statement from the Gainesville Republican:

“We cannot simply react to what has happened in Syria with no policy or plan. For this reason, I would not support a military response. The latest developments in Syria are not the first sign that something very serious and complex has been happening there, and for President Obama to feign shock at these recent news reports is disingenuous and evidence of his unwillingness to show the leadership we need."

I have also not received any monetary payment for my vote. My kids and I need jet skis. Money needs to be applied at the local, as well as the federal level.

Collins will be in Washington Wednesday for the Foreign Affairs Committee hearing on Syria.
Truthis Blairsville

Ashburn, VA

#2 Sep 3, 2013
Nope. Let the Middle East solve their own problems. We are not the world's policeman.
big news

Dahlonega, GA

#3 Sep 3, 2013
Leave the arabs alone, and in time they will all kill each other. Then some of the worlds problems will be over.
libertarian

Cornelia, GA

#4 Sep 3, 2013
You are absolutely positively 100% right on this issue. We have enough problems here at home to deal with.
Truthis Blairsville wrote:
Nope. Let the Middle East solve their own problems. We are not the world's policeman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blairsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Towns County Sheriff 5 hr Sacrafice 33
floridiots are a pain 8 hr Some Things Never... 7
Is this true about emc? 10 hr Rumor 4
Status of Mr. Akins 11 hr GDP 5
Local EMC reduces rate 20 hr Just a Thought 25
Obamacare: Good or Bad ? Thu Just Mike 8
need "good" heating and air conditioning service (Sep '09) Thu Regina Peterson 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blairsville Mortgages